What artstyle do you want for the cutscenes?

What artstyle do you like the most?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What artstyle for a original game.

• Awakening's Dark 3d
    • Fate's Colorful and anime-like 3d
    • Echoes's 3d
    • 2D Anime?
    • Hyper realistic?!
    • LIVE ACTION?!
    • PoR style
    • RD Style
    • Puppet Show!?
  2. 2. What artstyle for a FE 4 Remake?

• FE13
    • FE14
    • FE15
    • 2D anime
    • FE9
    • FE10
    • Realistic?
  3. 3. FE6 Remake?

• FE13
    • FE14
    • FE15
    • FE9
    • FE10
    • 2D?
    • Realistic

Every Fire Emblem game not on the DS since FE9 has had cutscenes. None of those games has kept the artstyle of its predecessors. What will this game have in it's cutscences? I personally would want 2d for once.

Edited by ThatOneWeakArcher

I agree that a 2D Artstyle would be a cool thing to try out. Imagine GBA animations with Dragon Ball Fighterz graphics. Ultimately, however, I think that Nintendo will most likely go for improved 3D models to off show the Switch's power.

3D like RD. 2D would be disappointing and a big step back after we've had beautiful 3D scenes lately. I think the 3D ones look way prettier. Echoes's 2D was okay, but not spectacular.

Awakening was really its peak of stunning 3D visuals. 2D animation would feel like a regression unless the animation is top tier like Akira or Cowboy Bebop. If the animation will be choppy then don't bother.

Echoes cutscenes were one of the few things I disliked about Echoes, so I hope those don't return.

TBH, I think RD's (Especially after seeing them in HD from the Valentia Complete Edition) and Awakening's were the best. So either of those.

Or get Ufotable to do it. I love Ufotable.

32 minutes ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

Guys, I almost forgot the best style- puppet shows. Thankfully, I managed to add it to the poll.

I would unironically watch a Thunderbolt Fantasy-style Fire Emblem show.

Oh no, I voted for Echoes. I meant to click Fates. Ahhhhh-

Okay but yeah I really did like Fates' cutscenes but I really wouldn't mind 2D Anime or PoR/RD-styled cutscenes either. Just not Echoes' style because the people... felt really lifeless. (Save for a couple moments here and there)

I think Awakening had the best cutscenes to be honest. They looked really good, I would love to see that style return. Hell, I would love for that to be the graphic style of the next FE as a whole. This is on Switch after all.

23 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Oh no, I voted for Echoes. I meant to click Fates. Ahhhhh-

Okay but yeah I really did like Fates' cutscenes but I really wouldn't mind 2D Anime or PoR/RD-styled cutscenes either. Just not Echoes' style because the people... felt really lifeless. (Save for a couple moments here and there)

You can change your vote you know that, right?

1 hour ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

You can change your vote you know that, right?

ohmahlord I never knew.

*slowly crawls back into the void from whence I came*

I still think RD has the best cutscenes in terms of both style and substance. I also like the 3DS graphical style minus SoV which felt a bit lacking. PoR has many strong points, but its cutscenes are not one of them. 

I hope they go all out with cutscenes for this game. That plus having full voiced dialogue would do wonders for the characters and world, if done right.

Edited by Book Bro

I think the 2D animated cutscene route is a fine move; not necessarily a "big step back" as suggested before. I'm not too familiar with the differences, the pros, and the cons, but from what I understand, 2D animation would mean no need to be constricted to making just a few 3D models due to costs, not to mention lip syncing English dubbing is easier for the mouth movements of 2D anime compared to the more smooth 3D animations where dubbing would be more noticable.

For Jugdral I think RD style graphics overall would be better as it is a grittier story and world. For Elibe, Fates-style graphics would be good as it would emulate the original style better.

53 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

For Jugdral I think RD style graphics overall would be better as it is a grittier story and world. For Elibe, Fates-style graphics would be good as it would emulate the original style better.

I think 2d fits FE4 more because it's art work is literally jo jo. It'll work best in FE 4 if 2d will ever be used.

Edited by ThatOneWeakArcher

Unlike GCN, Wii and 3DS, the Switch is powerful enough to make in-engine cutscenes look good. Thus, I want these instead of CGI or 2D-Animation, since it also allows to show off details like changing outfits, or have minor characters show up in the background if they are still alive.