What artstyle do you want for the cutscenes?

What artstyle do you like the most?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What artstyle for a original game.

• Awakening's Dark 3d
    • Fate's Colorful and anime-like 3d
    • Echoes's 3d
    • 2D Anime?
    • Hyper realistic?!
    • LIVE ACTION?!
    • PoR style
    • RD Style
    • Puppet Show!?
  2. 2. What artstyle for a FE 4 Remake?

• FE13
    • FE14
    • FE15
    • 2D anime
    • FE9
    • FE10
    • Realistic?
  3. 3. FE6 Remake?

• FE13
    • FE14
    • FE15
    • FE9
    • FE10
    • 2D?
    • Realistic

There was this one Chinese cartoon that Cartoon Network bought the license to and played. It was like action figures and hand made sets. Cool premise, but really questionable execution and an even more questionable English dub. THAT would be the best step forward.

Just kidding. I prefer RD's the most, but I wouldn't mind Fates' style, as I really liked the theater cut scene.

As for remakes, I just love Hidari's work in general so I would love for them to have the reigns yet again. But maybe 2D cutscenes for the anime sequences. Echoes 2D-3D thing it had going on wasn't as lovely as the rest of the game.

Replaying radiant dawn, I now remember how great the cutscenes were, so I feel that that would be an excellent choice.

However, as someone previously stated, I absolutely adore the thought of making legitimately great in-engine cutscenes, not having the issues that the 3ds games had for in-engine cutscenes (like that the longer and closer you look at the models the more problems you notice) if we could have cutscenes in-engine which are less constrained by the innate problems that come with pre-rendered cutscenes (they cannot be changed without adding another version of the cutscene to the game further adding to the file size)

So ,yeah, I feel like trying to compare this game to radiant dawn and expecting it to compare in the least is a bit overly optimistic. If we do pre-rendered, I think RD is the best. in-engine would be nice if it can be perfected though.

2D anime only if Nintendo and IS are willing to shell out the money for a well-done production.  Something of the animation quality of the Palutena reveal trailer for Smash 4.  Echoes was great, but the animated cutscenes were only a couple rungs above Berserk 2016 in quality.

If not that, then I'd vote for cutscenes in Awakening's style.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the 3d, it looks really nice most of the time. Echoes being the exception, that was pretty bad.

Its between Fates and Awakening with which one would be the best. I think Awakening looked really good for its cutscenes, but I liked the colorfulness of Fates cutscenes.