By Popular Demand - Jedi's Dream Roster

Jedi

I've gotten a few messages about who I'd choose if I had entirely free reign, so here we go. Although I will impose one restriction on myself, I will only use the same games as the devs

So lets imagine we have all the characters already revealed. Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Xander, Ryoma, Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Robin & Tiki (basically soft confirmed). That and we know the Fates royals are probably going to mostly be involved, so I'll avoid mentioning them as they are probably going to be there.

They are safe choices pretty much and a few I'd personally pick in the first place.

I will give myself 30 extra slots for character choices besides the choices already put in the game, this is so I can put 10 of each, (yes I'm aware they said it wouldn't be balanced nor will there be this many characters I don't think, but this is my roster not theirs) 

Shadow Dragon: Jeorge (Bow), Wolf (Mounted Bow), Camus (Mounted Lance), Minerva (Flying Axe), Jeigan (Mounted Lance), Ogma (Sword) Linde (Magic), Caeda (Flying Lance), Hardin (Mounted or Foot Lancer), Doga (Foot Lance). 

Awakening: Say'ri (Sword), Miriel (Magic), Sully (Mounted Lance), Nah (Dragon), Vaike (Axe), Maribelle (Mounted Magic), Virion (bow), Cherche (Flying Axe), Cordelia (Flying Lance focused Dark Flier skills), Lon'qu (Sword) 

Fates: Kaze (Hidden), Kagero (Hidden), Orochi (Scrolls), Arthur (Axes), Oboro (Foot Lancer), Effie (Foot Lancer), Midori (Bow), Keaton (Wolf), Nyx (Dark Magic), Subaki (Flying Lance)

Edited by Jedi

So Xander's the only cav knight for Fates? (both Leo and Elise would be magic cavalry, I'm assuming) That's a bit uncool seeing as the game has Silas for a solid choice there too. And also Gunter, even though I feel Frederick makes him redundant. Otherwise, your list looks good to me. I'd prefer Kaden over Keaton though, and Nowi over Nah.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

So Xander's the only cav knight for Fates? (both Leo and Elise would be magic cavalry, I'm assuming) That's a bit uncool seeing as the game has Silas for a solid choice there too. And also Gunter, even though I feel Frederick makes him redundant. Otherwise, your list looks good to me. I'd prefer Kaden over Keaton though, and Nowi over Nah.

This is what Jedi himself wants. This is what he would do if he had free reign over the game.The title of this topic has "Jedi's Dream Roster". I don't think this is the topic to be saying that some of his picks are uncool or you'd prefer this character over that character. If his dream roster doesn't include Silas or Gunter, then it doesn't include Silas or Gunter. It makes sense why he chose Keaton over Kaden and Nah over Nowi. Why? Because they're his favorites.

Just now, Pokechu said:

This is what Jedi himself wants. This is what he would do if he had free reign over the game.The title of this topic has "Jedi's Dream Roster". I don't think this is the topic to be saying that some of his picks are uncool or you'd prefer this character over that character. If his dream roster doesn't include Silas or Gunter, then it doesn't include Silas or Gunter. It makes sense why he chose Keaton over Kaden and Nah over Nowi. Why? Because they're his favorites.

I know, I was just offering my opinion. :/ That's what this thread is here for. Otherwise, why would Jedi have posted it?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, I was just offering my opinion. :/

I apologize if I was too much! But I couldn't really tell if you were offering your opinion or not :(: Sorry! I was just confused :lol: Regardless, you DO have good taste. Kaden>Keaton all the time!

Hmm, to be honest, I'm really glad Orochi's on here though. I love her character, and she was really good as a Dark Flier for me in Birthright. She was a beast!

Edited by Pokechu

Just now, Pokechu said:

I apologize if I was too much! But I couldn't really tell if you were offering your opinion or not :(: Sorry! I was just confused :lol: Regardless, you DO have good taste. Kaden>Keaton all the time!

Hmm, to be honest, I'm really glad Orochi's on here though. I love her character, and she was really good as a Dark Flier for me in Birthright. She was a beast!

No worries, it's cool. :P

Yeah Kaden is way cooler. I don't like wolfskin, they look too weird and creepy. But the kitsune looks beautiful and Kaden has an awesome voice and personality to go with it.

I wasn't big on any of the Hoshido magic users. They didn't do well for me and their designs are odd, imo. Once I promoted Sakura, I mainly used her for magic.

46 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Based Jedi strikes again.

She has really good supports haha, plus I'd like them to use the Fates scrolls somehow!

Although they may give them to Sakura if they don't give her Bows (if she's around).

Looks good to me. Except for Sully, but that is personal bias because I hated that character. Only character I never cared enough about to reset.

Otherwise looks good to me. 

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

I will give myself 30 extra slots for character choices besides the choices already put in the game, this is so I can put 10 of each, (yes I'm aware they said it wouldn't be balanced nor will there be this many characters I don't think, but this is my roster not theirs) 

Shadow Dragon: Jeorge (Bow), Wolf (Mounted Bow), Camus (Mounted Lance), Minerva (Flying Axe), Jeigan (Mounted Lance), Ogma (Sword) Linde (Magic), Caeda (Flying Lance), Hardin (Mounted or Foot Lancer), Doga (Foot Lance). 

Awakening: Say'ri (Sword), Miriel (Magic), Sully (Mounted Lance), Nah (Dragon), Vaike (Axe), Maribelle (Mounted Magic), Virion (bow), Cherche (Flying Axe), Cordelia (Flying Lance focused Dark Flier skills), Lon'qu (Sword) 

Fates: Kaze (Hidden), Kagero (Hidden), Orochi (Scrolls), Arthur (Axes), Oboro (Foot Lancer), Effie (Foot Lancer), Midori (Bow), Keaton (Wolf), Nyx (Dark Magic), Subaki (Flying Lance)

Why no Tikis or Nynas? Linde > Merric? C'mon man, Merric's canon...ELISE is canon even! Linde is just Linde. WB Gharnef, he's very relevant, and Imhullu could be fun to mess around with.

You'd skip out on the unconfirmed Donny :P What about Validar, or Aversa for genuine Dark Flier? Also, Libra could be fun, for a different kind of Axe user over Lissa. HB Panne? I'd like to see her in over Sully, I don't remember her being all that relevant and unique in the setting, especially if you've got Jeigan and Camus already in, plus Hardin potentially.

I could listen to Arthur shouting about Justice all day long <3 Keaton would be a pretty cool add-in. I'd like to see Jakob/Felicia handling their servant-style method of combat, rather than Kaze/Kagero being what I'd assume to be just typical ninjas. Also GARON man!

52 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Why no Tikis or Nynas? Linde > Merric? C'mon man, Merric's canon...ELISE is canon even! Linde is just Linde. WB Gharnef, he's very relevant, and Imhullu could be fun to mess around with.

You'd skip out on the unconfirmed Donny :P What about Validar, or Aversa for genuine Dark Flier? Also, Libra could be fun, for a different kind of Axe user over Lissa. HB Panne? I'd like to see her in over Sully, I don't remember her being all that relevant and unique in the setting, especially if you've got Jeigan and Camus already in, plus Hardin potentially.

I could listen to Arthur shouting about Justice all day long <3 Keaton would be a pretty cool add-in. I'd like to see Jakob/Felicia handling their servant-style method of combat, rather than Kaze/Kagero being what I'd assume to be just typical ninjas. Also GARON man!

I put Tiki and other people above in the "safely confirmed so there's no point in mentioning them"

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

I see that you are a good man with good tastes, Jedi.

In all seriousness, it's about what I'd pick.  For me, Linde and Merric are interchangeable since they both have fairly significant involvement in the plot (compared to most others, I mean) and both use weapons that are fairly unique to themselves (or at least are fairly signature to them in the DS remakes).  And I myself definitely prefer teen dragon (Nah) over loli dragon (Nowi).  Too bad adult dragon (Adult!Tiki) won't show up except for in a costume, probably.

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Any particular reason for Nah and Keaton as your shape shifter picks?

I like Nah quite a bit probably my favorite of the Awakening kids, plus I think KT would have a field day with her name and other characters interacting.

Keaton is mostly from my personal love of  wolves so there's an inherent bias for him from that alone.

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

Keaton is mostly from my personal love of  wolves so there's an inherent bias for him from that alone.

Truly, representative of the edgelord and/or dog lover within all of us.

Seriously tho good pick, I want to literally roll on fools

4 hours ago, DaloDask said:

Truly, representative of the edgelord and/or dog lover within all of us.

Seriously tho good pick, I want to literally roll on fools

Except foxes are canines too... So that doesn't work. Sorry. xP This dog lover likes foxes more than wolves. That's not to say wolves can't be cool though. I just don't think wolfskin are.

Edited by Anacybele

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

Why does everyone forget about Anna? She's in all three of these games!

Because she's already implied to not be playable? She narrates Warriors instead. Plus, she's a pretty minor character who's never been popular.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's not to say wolves can't be cool though. I just don't think wolfskin are.

Wolfskin are liars. They aren't even wolves, they look like abominable snowmen. If Keaton and Velouria transformed into actual wolves like Nailah and Volug, then they'd be cool, at least in my books.

3 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Wolfskin are liars. They aren't even wolves, they look like abominable snowmen. If Keaton and Velouria transformed into actual wolves like Nailah and Volug, then they'd be cool, at least in my books.

I think they're more akin to the Wendigo haha.

4 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Yeah, agreed, totally.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because she's already implied to not be playable? She narrates Warriors instead. Plus, she's a pretty minor character who's never been popular.

Anna can narrate and be playable. As in, this is Anna we're talking about: there are tons of them. And they certainly have popularity.

Just now, Florete said:

Anna can narrate and be playable. As in, this is Anna we're talking about: there are tons of them. And they certainly have popularity.

Yeah, but the devs said that some characters who appear in the game will not be playable. Anna is most likely in this category since we know she's in and narrating, but there's been no sign that she's playable.

Not much popularity. There are a lot of her, but none of them are ever close to being important characters except for Heroes Anna.