Next Tempest to be Echoes based?

V-raptor

So, with the dialouge ending the most recent Tempest Trials, there's been some speculation that the dialouge implies the next Tempest will be Echoes-based once again, with Celica as the protagonist instead of Alm this time. What do y'all think?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Blue mage Jedah as a final map boss, calling it now.

Or they could just use Bruno instead, though given where the plot left off in Chapter 12 perhaps not. Jedah being blue would kinda go against the trend of dark mages (sans Odin) being assigned red. I assume the reason you specified blue was because they've already pitted us against a green mage and a red mage, correct?

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I assume the reason you specified blue was because they've already pitted us against a green mage and a red mage, correct?

Yep, that’s it.

It might be Bruno, but we have already fought the guy so many times it’s not even funny.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Personette said:

Could someone explain what exactly happened during that dialogue?

I *think* they said that there are two Celicas and they just saved one but have to go save the other?

What makes them think there are two Celicas?

The Celica we just fought is some random Celica, and the Celica of Legend is fighting the Tempest and that will be the one who we will save/help.

You are correct.

Dragon's Gate and summoning portal shenanigans. Heroes is based off of the idea of a Fire Emblem multiverse after all.

This is my first fire emblem game. I've mostly been able to follow along, though, more or less. 

That closing dialogue was an exception. So far (because it's always a little fun to find out what assumptions clueless people make) I get that we meet the heroes at different stages of their lives (so maybe young or old), that lots of heroes take on false identities, and that dragons are bad (?!? This mostly from the forum) even though all the dragons in the game are cheerful and adorable.

Some people thought we were getting a second awakening tempest but we didn't so I doubt they would repeat a world back to back. I think it just means that there will eventually be a second Echoes tempest with Celica.

If I had to guess, the next one will be either fates or Elibe 

14 minutes ago, Personette said:

This is my first fire emblem game. I've mostly been able to follow along, though, more or less. 

That closing dialogue was an exception. So far (because it's always a little fun to find out what assumptions clueless people make) I get that we meet the heroes at different stages of their lives (so maybe young or old), that lots of heroes take on false identities, and that dragons are bad (?!? This mostly from the forum) even though all the dragons in the game are cheerful and adorable.

Yep. All those cute, little lolis are actually final bosses in their respective games and you need to use the Falchion to skewer them. In fact, in one game, one of them is your wife and you went mad crazy and you slaughtered her in cold blood.

Echoes Tempest part 2 seems likely but not sure if it will be directly after.

Maybe Arachnea Tempest next so they add another Falchion user since the Falchion idea seems to be building up to something

Still not looking forward to a second Echoes one so soon where they add the Nuibaba map that we were graciously spared from this time

40 minutes ago, Personette said:

As Xray said, never trust a loli in a fire emblem game. All dragons are bad, and the loli dragons are the epitome of all evil!

Spoiler

But in all seriousness, there are good dragons in Fire Emblem as well. It's just that the endboss is usually a dragon.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Or they could just use Bruno instead, though given where the plot left off in Chapter 12 perhaps not. Jedah being blue would kinda go against the trend of dark mages (sans Odin) being assigned red. I assume the reason you specified blue was because they've already pitted us against a green mage and a red mage, correct?

Don't you mean not Zacharias? Seriously Alfonse/Anna/Sharena how did you not know who Bruno actually is.

I doubt they would use Jedah since that would mean they would actually mean they have make him actual unit. Which sounds a lot more complicated than it should be but hey that's horrible price of balance.

I'm going way down on expectations and tell you that Alm is gonna be the "endboss", not the one we saw in the cutscene, just another one. Maybe they will give him DC, or Invincibility until all his comrades are dead, or whatever to compensate his suckiness as just another red sword. Bonus units will be the two SoV banners we have now, Clive (who will be the reward like Tobin) and, of course, one of the Askr units.

Of course, it will come differently, but that's what I'm currently imagining.

Haven't we just had a bunch of Echoes banners, Alm & Celica Bound Hero Battle, Grand Hero Battle with Berkut and Clive looking to follow suit? How much more Echoes do we need in such a short amount of time? I say we shake things up a bit and make it Jugdral-based or something!

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

Haven't we just had a bunch of Echoes banners, Alm & Celica Bound Hero Battle, Grand Hero Battle with Berkut and Clive looking to follow suit? How much more Echoes do we need in such a short amount of time? I say we shake things up a bit and make it Jugdral-based or something!

I do not have a problem with who they release as long as they are milking the series. The more money they make, the longer this game is going to last and the farther into the future when I will regret spending money on this game when it discontinues.

With that said, I still prefer seeing more Lucinas though.

It'd be a weird thing to do, but it'd fit with Clive. He'd seem really strange as a GHB character, but as a TT character, he'd feel right at home next to Tobin.

I don't know where they'd get enough maps, though. FE2E has two story chapters and a paralogue, and one story chapter and the paralogue have already been featured in this TT. So are they going to introduce yet another FE2E paralogue soon to round it out? I love FE2E, but I think we've had plenty of banners of it for now.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

From the datamine, Clive actually doesn't have a GHB map, which means that we're likely getting him through other means. Not too sure if it's going to be through TT rewards though.

Lack of a GHB map in the data so far doesn't mean anything. Whoever the next GHB is, their map will have to be added in a future update, so there's nothing stopping them from adding Clive's that way. I don't think Clarisse's map was in the same update that added Legion's. But both his skill set and his role in the game seem ill-fitting for a GHB character. In particular, Clive and Tobin are the only new characters in months to have no new skills, which is why I'd been speculating about another FE2 TT with Clive as a reward even before this.

---

I guess there's no rule saying they have to have all the maps in a TT be directly related to the game. They could include the maps from one of the miscellaneous or seasonal paralogues to round it out. Speaking of which... I've been speculating that there might be a second summer banner in August, with non-Awakening characters. A "Valentian Summer" banner would match that while adding more maps somewhat associated with FE2 in time for the next TT without being just another regular FE2 banner.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lack of a GHB map in the data so far doesn't mean anything. Whoever the next GHB is, their map will have to be added in a future update, so there's nothing stopping them from adding Clive's that way. I don't think Clarisse's map was in the same update that added Legion's. But both his skill set and his role in the game seem ill-fitting for a GHB character. In particular, Clive and Tobin are the only new characters in months to have no new skills, which is why I'd been speculating about another FE2 TT with Clive as a reward even before this.

---

I guess there's no rule saying they have to have all the maps in a TT be directly related to the game. They could include the maps from one of the miscellaneous or seasonal paralogues to round it out. Speaking of which... I've been speculating that there might be a second summer banner in August, with non-Awakening characters. A "Valentian Summer" banner would match that while adding more maps somewhat associated with FE2 in time for the next TT without being just another regular FE2 banner.

Actually, Clarisse's map was in the same datamine as Legion's, so it does mean something at least.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I do not have a problem with who they release as long as they are milking the series.

Milking the series could potentially be bad as it may turn away newer players if they see it too much of it. I'd rather have IS take small breaks here and there. The fact that FE has been a yearly release series since Fates worries me a bit. Fire Emblem isn't Pokemon levels of popular, so people will get burned out if the series continues to be milked.

Anyway, staying on topic, as much as i love Echoes, i think it's time to take a break from it. Magvel should get a new banner soon, because we currently only have the Renais Twins to represent the continent. Plus, it gives way to a potential Lyon GHB inb4 it's Formortiis instead.

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Actually, Clarisse's map was in the same datamine as Legion's, so it does mean something at least.

That's interesting, but it seems to be just because there was no update between the two. Because the next GHB map hasn't been added to the data yet, we know there will have to be an update sometime in the meantime that adds it, so there's still nothing stopping it from being Clive's. (Although I do think Clive is more likely to be a TT character.)

1 hour ago, Thane said:

This, seriously. I'm getting so bored and tired of all the Echoes milking when Magvel, Tellius, and Jugdral have had very little.

I know we've been getting a LOT of Echoes content, and I too think it would be nice to get different stuff like Magvel or Tellius, but it does make sense that they would be pushing Echoes so much. After all, it is the newest game, and they want it to be successful. So wouldn't it make sense for them to "advertise" it in another game that they have? It's like when an artist releases a new single, they are going to promote that and ONLY that, to ensure it's success.

That being said, I still don't want another Echoes Tempest Trials. Don't know what they have planned, but I'll be okay with it as long as I get my orbs!

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

I know we've been getting a LOT of Echoes content, and I too think it would be nice to get different stuff like Magvel or Tellius, but it does make sense that they would be pushing Echoes so much. After all, it is the newest game, and they want it to be successful. So wouldn't it make sense for them to "advertise" it in another game that they have? It's like when an artist releases a new single, they are going to promote that and ONLY that, to ensure it's success.

That being said, I still don't want another Echoes Tempest Trials. Don't know what they have planned, but I'll be okay with it as long as I get my orbs!

Yeah, but Echoes released two and three months ago (three months for Japan, two for everywhere else). That's a LOT of advertising just for one game, with the only things we got in between being the World of Radiance Banner and that New Mystery banner, not counting the brides and summer peeps because we knew those were coming regardless.

Edited by Anacybele