How would the CYL poll look today now that Heroes has been out for several months?

Thane

Hello everyone.

I believe the title more or less sums up my question. What changes do you think we'd see if there was a popularity poll similar to the Choose Your Legends one we saw before the game's release? Would Nino sail up to be the most popular girl for always doing her best? Would Kektor Distant Counter his way past Ike? Would Dorcas' meme power carry him even further?

Discuss!

Edited by Thane

I'm sure the in-game usefulness would have some effect on the results, but I doubt it would change the tops slots. There is a lot of fan power behind Lyn/Ike/Roy/Lucina. And as far as good units go, would people ask for another good X character if they were already good in game? Roy fans might ask for a better Roy though,

Well I do think Lucina would beat Lyn this time (that's why I hope gauntlet they would clash will be special one: Bunnies vs Brides instead of sword one). Hector,  would beat Roy and I can see Reinhardt in top ten as well.

Doubt the tops would change much. The fans absolutely adore their babes after all - only thing I could think is maybe Roy is replaced, but I even doubt that. He's still a big fan favorite.

23 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well I do think Lucina would beat Lyn this time (that's why I hope gauntlet they would clash will be special one: Bunnies vs Brides instead of sword one). Hector,  would beat Roy and I can see Reinhardt in top ten as well.

Reinhardt is the best husbando waifu. His bad is so dire and his ass so shocking that he can even take the top the waifu spot! Bunnies and Brides got nothing on him. Kidding.

I would not mind seeing a Gauntlet like that. I need S!Camilla.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Reinhardt is the best husbando waifu. His bad is so dire and his ass so shocking that he can even take the top the waifu spot! Bunnies and Brides got nothing on him. Kidding.

I would not mind seeing a Gauntlet like that. I need S!Camilla.

oPn0SoA.png

We all know the truth here. You'd carry him to top 10 based on solely your love for your waifu. Don't hide what's inside...

10 minutes ago, Ebony said:

oPn0SoA.png

We all know the truth here. You'd carry him to top 10 based on solely your love for your waifu. Don't hide what's inside...

Haha. I would if I can. It would be a great April Fool's joke.

Clive would get bottom spot.

EDIT: Valentian positions, no numbers, missing some characters with enhanced roles later. Also no Whitewings or Camus:

Spoiler

Celica
Alm
Delthea
Mathilda
Valbar
Kliff
Silque
Sonya
Saber
Kamui
Lukas
Boey
Genny
Mae
Clair
Gray
Luthier
Nomah
Tobin
Rudolf
Python
Mycen
Clive
Atlas
Deen
Desaix
Forsyth
Leon
Grieth
Jesse

Clair and Gray would go up, Silque would go down, Leon and Tobin up, Mae up and Boey down...

Edited by phineas81707

Like the only thing I can see changing is that Reinhardt gets a spot up somewhere simply because of meta exposure.

He was an obscure reference in a mostly obscure game compared to other more recognizable things in the fandom.

Even if Thracia mentioned Leif, fatigue, and heal misses are the first thing that come to mind for me before Rein. That was probably the case before he became the meta meme.

Edited by shadowofchaos

50 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Like the only thing I can see changing is that Reinhardt gets a spot up somewhere simply because of meta exposure.

He was an obscure reference in a mostly obscure game compared to other more recognizable things in the fandom.

Even if Thracia mentioned Leif, fatigue, and heal misses are the first thing that come to mind for me before Rein. That was probably the case before he became the meta meme.

Somebody must have really loved Reinhardt and sneaked him past play testing. I am glad that person shared their love of Reinhardt with the rest of us.

Would it be purely a post launch popularity poll involving just the characters in the game already? Or a poll with the intent of gauging interest for new characters? If the latter, I think it would look wildly different. People would rally behind causes like "give us an alternate costume Nino!" but if your guy is already in the game, then there's no need to pick them. Oh, and Gaiden characters in general would get more love now that it's a post-Echoes world.

Reinhardt would be in the top 10. I also think Ephraim & Chrom would fair better since the whole Ephraim vs Chrom thing. Takumi would have been higher a few months ago but now I don't think he would be affected. Hector would move up, as would Azura.  Leo would move down because he sucks, as would Odin (I haven't looked, but I'm assuming Odin did well originally)

I could see Roy getting knocked off the top 2, but other than that I don't think the winners would have changed.

Edited by Lushen

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I'm curious as to why you think the results would flip. And battle of the seasonals would be interesting.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Reinhardt would be in the top 10. I also think Ephraim & Chrom would fair better since the whole Ephraim vs Chrom thing. Takumi would have been higher a few months ago but now I don't think he would be affected. Hector would move up, as would Azura.  Leo would move down because he sucks, as would Odin (I haven't looked, but I'm assuming Odin did well originally)

I could see Roy getting knocked off the top 2, but other than that I don't think the winners would have changed.

Owain made the top 20 guys I think, but like probably all three of the trio, the Fates version did worse.

If we're talking seasonal, it should be spring vs summer. Brides aren't a season. lol

It's just too bad that the only summer character with any chance of getting far is probably Tiki. >_> Female Robin isn't all that popular, Gaius is popular, but the characters who got bunny suits are more so, and then there's Frederick who's neither liked nor disliked much.

I can see Frederick beating...maybe female Robin if they were matched up. I'd still support him no matter what, but I know he'd likely lose. :(

As for CYL, I can't see much change, except for maybe Reinhardt jumping up. lol

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Female Robin isn't all that popular

eh, is she not? M!Robin was pretty popular in the Gauntlet, and i just assume the female versions of avatar characters are more popular than their male counterpart because being your own waifu makes sense. that said Spring Lucina and Camilla would probably stomp, it'd be interesting to see which of them would win, i'd bet on Lucina though.

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

eh, is she not? M!Robin was pretty popular in the Gauntlet, and i just assume the female versions of avatar characters are more popular than their male counterpart because being your own waifu makes sense. that said Spring Lucina and Camilla would probably stomp, it'd be interesting to see which of them would win, i'd bet on Lucina though.

Male Robin is far more popular than his female counterpart for some reason.

And yeah, i'd bet on either Lucina or Camilla to win that one. As sad as it may be. Because I hate them both and their regular selves already won gauntlets...

32 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Hector can't move up a lot more though. He was number 3 of the guys, so at best he'd knock Roy out of the number two spot (he's not beating Ike, especially if they don't seperate by game this time around). Roy was never good in his original game either, so I don't think he'll lose a lot of votes, but who knows.

Azura and Chrom were also relativly high, so I'm not sure she'll go up that much. Ephraim and Reinhardt are probably the only ones who'll go up a lot.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If we're talking seasonal, it should be spring vs summer. Brides aren't a season. lol

It's just too bad that the only summer character with any chance of getting far is probably Tiki. >_> Female Robin isn't all that popular, Gaius is popular, but the characters who got bunny suits are more so, and then there's Frederick who's neither liked nor disliked much.

I can see Frederick beating...maybe female Robin if they were matched up. I'd still support him no matter what, but I know he'd likely lose. :(

As for CYL, I can't see much change, except for maybe Reinhardt jumping up. lol

That works better anyways since gauntlets are 8. 

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Male Robin does beat out female Robin pretty soundly (unless we're on Smashboards), but that's usually when picking one over another. Also, never underestimate the power of a bikini. 

12 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Except they wouldn't stomp their opponents like the first time thanks to the multiplier mechanic now being a thing. Would one or the other still win? Yeah, more than likely provided they don't beef the multiplier up any further. They just wouldn't leave absolute devastation in their wake like before.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Male Robin is far more popular than his female counterpart for some reason.

And yeah, i'd bet on either Lucina or Camilla to win that one. As sad as it may be. Because I hate them both and their regular selves already won gauntlets...

huh, that's interesting..

yeah. that'd be pretty boring except to see two juggernauts face off, even then..meh. even though the Summer vs Spring theme is kinda neat, let's just not lol

The main change I see is FE2/15 Characters going up a lot in popularity since most of them were at the bottom due to being a Japan exclusive.  I have a feeling characters from Japan exclusive games that have already been introduced into heroes would shoot up such as Julia or Reinhardt.  Other than that, not much change. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Male Robin does beat out female Robin pretty soundly (unless we're on Smashboards), but that's usually when picking one over another. Also, never underestimate the power of a bikini. 

does M!Corrin also beat out F!Corrin too and i'm just completely wrong? Bikini Power vs Bunny Power, battle of the gods 

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Except they wouldn't stomp their opponents like the first time thanks to the multiplier mechanic now being a thing. Would one or the other still win? Yeah, more than likely provided they don't beef the multiplier up any further. They just wouldn't leave absolute devastation in their wake like before.

well..in our hearts we all know it's a stomp. and i do wonder what they're gonna do with the multiplier this time around. personally i'd like to see it lowered again. 

agreed though that Reinhardt would probably go up. it's sad because i actually played Thracia up to chapter 24, but i seriously don't even remember Reinhardt at all. it's been like 5 years though and i tend not to remember boss characters as much.