Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

It looks intentional during certain swings, but there are moments where Freddy is still on the axe despite Lissa doing much simpler attacks. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Either way, it just doesn't look good with Freddy flying around with the speed of her axe.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin's regular attacks look very inspired by Kanbei. He also looks very very awesome!

Also, he has the highest magic I've seen of the units we've got so far.

And Lissa looks absolutely brutal! It's magnificent!

Considering just how much Frederick clips through the ground while on Lissa's axe, I'm betting on it being at least partially a glitch. Maybe her axe is supposed to get people stuck on it, but as it looks now it doesn't look finished. - Which is okay, because they've got some time to polish it. The game's not out yet.

As an aside, wow, Lucina's new voice sounds great. I'll miss Laura Bailey, but this is a good replacement I feel like. Sadly, I don't think the voice direction is as good as it could've been; some lines are delivered a bit awkwardly. 

Whenever we get the chance to see a horse that isn't Xander,  I sure hope there's at least someone with a move that drags their enemies on the ground. Having a height advantage doesn't get any better than that tbh

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Though I do wish they spent less time playing with the one character we've seen some of the most gameplay of.

ALSO THIS.

Robin and Lissa look extremely fun to play as, while Lucina is a bit disappointing by being really similar to Chrom. It makes sense for her character but I would of liked a bit more originality.

I'm really liking the special character interactions and nods to the games, with Lissa teasing Frederick about pebbles and Chrom saying let's see who's the stronger half. 

The hype continues to build for this game.

Oh my god, I want to use Frederick as a weapon. I thought that was a glitch! And characters have unique comments after defeating certain enemies. And there's approximately 50% less profit margins since I only counted 4 in ten minutes. This game may be pretty good!

I don't like that enemy weapons are often green. At first I thought it was just enemy axes. And you know, Axes = green, but now I see green swords and lances too. Missed opportunity to color code enemy weapon types. Also will somebody please help Lissa?

Edited by Gustavos

1 minute ago, unique said:

i didn't watch the whole thing but robin sounds like he says I'VE HAVE A PLAN when he uses his big special power thing

It's random what he says at the end, but "I have a plan!" is indeed what he said at one point.

Oh god that was beautiful. Seeing how Robin combine his spells like that, and even levitate was just awesome. Shame that we couldn't see more of how Robin is plenty skilled with a sword, but Robin is just accepted better as the magic user rather than the sword fighter. 

But Lissa was just DISGUSTING! She turned Frederick into her personal hammer. She wasn't swinging an axe there, she was swinging Frederick! I bet all the enemies were like, "RUN AWAY! KEEP THAT DEVILISH GIRL AWAY FROM US!" 

I hope we get some surprise gameplay straight from Koei Tecmo themselves with hidden things in it. That was honestly one of my favorite things about DWGR, combing over Famitsu articles and blurry gameplay footage, trying to pick out anything that wasn't formally revealed by then. Ah, such good times.

Imagine, hypothetically, getting a minute long video, but for just a split second, in the distance, you could see a blue arrow hitting an enemy, almost like a laser. Just for a second. That's the kinda stuff I wanna see! Give me mysteries and single frame easter eggs! 

This...isn't exactly what I had in mind when I said awhile back that I hoped to eventually see more people want to use Frederick... xP

Lissa's still overrated to me, btw. She looks too awkward with an axe for me to want to take her seriously, personally. But that's my opinion, and I can't stop anybody from liking her. Oh well.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lissa's still overrated to me, btw. She looks too awkward with an axe for me to want to take her seriously, personally. But that's my opinion, and I can't stop anybody from liking her. Oh well.

I think Lissa not being a serious fighter is the whole point. The war cleric in awakening was quite comical because of its animations, for example the critical animation had their axe getting stuck in the ground.

3 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Voice acting all around is disappointing. Might end up picking the japanese version up instead since the voices sound much better there.

The game's been confirmed to have dual audio.

Anyway, i think Robin might be my favorite of the ones shown off right now. Really nice and flashy magic attacks.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Voice acting all around is disappointing. Might end up picking the japanese version up instead since the voices sound much better there.

You don't have to, Japanese audio will be available in the English version.

I don't see what's bad about the English voices though. They're good enough to me. Every now and then one line might sound a bit awkward, but I'd think that would be the case for any language.

I also feel like English dubs get too much hate because they're always compared to the Japanese ones...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I also feel like English dubs get too much hate because they're always compared to the Japanese ones...

That's just how it is nowadays, unfortunately. I remember a time when people didn't really care whether or not the game allowed you to turn on Japanese voice acting.

Just now, Armagon said:

That's just how it is nowadays, unfortunately. I remember a time when people didn't really care whether or not the game allowed you to turn on Japanese voice acting.

Yeah, it's really sad and not fair to English voice actors who work so hard to do this for us. Acting isn't easy, because actors often have to record over and over before a final recording is chosen. And that's not including rehearsals.

And I bet if English voices came before the Japanese ones, we'd have the opposite scenario of people more often saying the English is way better and the Japanese sucks. :/

9 minutes ago, Namarid said:

I think Lissa not being a serious fighter is the whole point. The war cleric in awakening was quite comical because of its animations, for example the critical animation had their axe getting stuck in the ground.

Well, whatever the case, it still doesn't appeal to me at all. I was never into joke/silly characters anyway.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyway, i think Robin might be my favorite of the ones shown off right now. Really nice and flashy magic attacks.

Yes, this! Until Freddy gameplay finally comes, at least, Robin's my favorite right now along with Ryoma.

Hm... Robin's C2 is Elfire and it appears to be a standard C2 in terms of function (i.e. it launches enemies up so you can begin a combo) and seems inspired by his Arcfire move in Smash Bros. C3 is Elwind and seems to be a crowdclearer, he conjures wind blades all around him to hit enemies before gathering them up to be blown away by a big blade of wind. With how early it comes out, it could perhaps be useful if he's swarmed by multiple officers. C4 is a lightning spell (I think he says Thoron) where he summons a big ball of electricity that arcs lightning all around it before he fires it forward (so it seems). I'd peg it as a frontal AoE.

His regular attack uses balls of lightning. He typically fires them forward, but for one, he has them surround him which is kinda similiar to Kanbei and his ghostly spheres.

His regular musou makes use of the magic of the Levin Sword, first by slashing three times to create sword beams, then sticking it to the ground, gathering enemies up, to conjure forth powerful lightning magic. But then again, we already knew that.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it's really sad and not fair to English voice actors who work so hard to do this for us. Acting isn't easy, because actors often have to record over and over before a final recording is chosen. And that's not including rehearsals.

And I bet if English voices came before the Japanese ones, we'd have the opposite scenario of people more often saying the English is way better and the Japanese sucks. :/

Oh you have no idea. Reminds me of how bad the English dub of Yugioh is compared to the Japanese. In all honesty, up till 5Ds, the English voice acting was just fine. Hell, at some points they were even better. And there are anime like Code Geass that I found the dub better than Japanese completely. But a lot of anime nowadays tend to butcher the voice acting. Like they're trying to force it a lot more. 

Which is a damn shame. 

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, this! Until Freddy gameplay finally comes, at least, Robin's my favorite right now along with Ryoma.

I absolutely LOVED Robin's gameplay. Yeah, still a shame that he's so slow from what I've seen, but Robin's ability to make his attacks seem far more unique than with others makes it all worth it. That's the beauty of magic, it shows actual beauty in combination of magical attack, whereas the swords just go with the usual hack and slash maneuvers. 

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, whatever the case, it still doesn't appeal to me at all. I was never into joke/silly characters anyway.

I almost feel like you might be a tad salty over the fact that Lissa turned Frederick into her hammer axe like she did. XD

But likely not.

Another thing about Robin: Like Marth, his C1 has a gimmick to it. I didn't get to see what happened, but attacking with Robin fills up a meter separate from the other meters which you can use with C1.

I have to say, seeing Lissa swing around Frederick like a ragdoll was the highlight of my morning, that was definitely something nice to wake up to.

She and Robin look like a lot of fun, though I am a bit disappointed Lucina doesn't have too many differences between her and Chrom. I still will play as her as I like the character, but I was hoping they'd play around with her options more then they did.

Just now, Medeus said:

I have to say, seeing Lissa swing around Frederick like a ragdoll was the highlight of my morning, that was definitely something nice to wake up to.

She and Robin look like a lot of fun, though I am a bit disappointed Lucina doesn't have too many differences between her and Chrom. I still will play as her as I like the character, but I was hoping they'd play around with her options more then they did.

That is my biggest disappointment too. Apart from the bow usage, I really don't see Lucina doing anything that really sets her apart from her dad. I get that she learned from her father, but, I dunno, it just feels weird that they don't try harder to give Lucina a unique style of her own.