Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

Gameplay's neat, english voice work is off, all that jazz.

Lissa seems a tad laggy for my tastes. Robin seems neat- and he's gone. Lucina's a bread and butter character, not much to see there.

Also that Fredaxe was glorious, but it was likely not meant to stay on there that long.

These videos also don't excuse the lack of actual GAMEPLAY TRAILERS Nintendo, seriously get on that before the hype dies

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the voice acting doesn't sound bad to me at all. The script is just cheesier (and very repetitive).

Anyway, glad to get a better look at Lucina's gameplay. Looks fitting to me. Similar, but it's still got some differences to give it some uniqueness. Lissa looks fun too.

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe Derrick was just being spiteful.

Nah, he just didn't want to show so much that it'd extend future discussions about FE Warriors.

gamexplain memes yay

50 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Nah, he just didn't want to show so much that it'd extend future discussions about FE Warriors.

gamexplain memes yay

He has memes? o_O

Well I'm pretty exciting to play this game, too bad I can't afford it. Or have a Switch.

Looks like Lucy is once again a clone character. *sigh* :(:   Well at least Chrom's looks fun to begin with,

Robin looks great but I still wish his style was more focus on being a magic swordsman

Lissa already looks like day one character, who needs Hector when you got Nuns with Axes?   :lol:

Does anyone if Gamexplain was actually the one playing the demo?

55 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

He has memes? o_O

Well I'm pretty exciting to play this game, too bad I can't afford it. Or have a Switch.

Looks like Lucy is once again a clone character. *sigh* :(:   Well at least Chrom's looks fun to begin with,

Robin looks great but I still wish his style was more focus on being a magic swordsman

Lissa already looks like day one character, who needs Hector when you got Nuns with Axes?   :lol:

Does anyone if Gamexplain was actually the one playing the demo?

I think Lucina had fair differences. 

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

One thing to note is her C1 is a really quick stab, and she seems to have more stabby moves than Chrom yeah.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Which is really what I wanted.

Bet you loved hearing her crit lines again too! It was cool to hear Tiptons take on them.

17 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Bet you loved hearing her crit lines again too! It was cool to hear Tiptons take on them.

I guess? I'll need to listen a few more times to give a proper impression. I'm  just glad they gave her stabbing as she was more stab happy in Awakening.

I was actually pretty thrilled to hear Robin and Lucina's crit lines too, because this means Freddy definitely probably got "Pick a god and pray!" Surely NoA or whoever's localizing know how popular that line is with fans. This line is the heart of Freddy's badassery and it HAS to come back after it was absent in Heroes!

It would also give me more reason to title my own Freddy gameplay video "Pick a god and pray - Frederick takes on Warriors" :D

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know what to think about Lucina yet (I need to analize her moveset another time); Lissa looks hilarious, Robin it's a bit weird but I love his style.

I wonder if the Demo's Player is a Corrin fan.

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I don't know what to think about Lucina yet (I need to analize her moveset another time); Lissa looks hilarious, Robin it's a bit weird but I love his style.

I wonder if the Demo's Player is a Corrin fan.

Robin seems heavily influenced by Smash.

As for crit lines, it's nice to see some new ones as well.

9 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

One thing to note is her C1 is a really quick stab, and she seems to have more stabby moves than Chrom yeah.

I get that Lucy is Chrom's child & all but there's way more you could do then just having minor difference. Granted 1 of the cutscenes in Awakening has Lucy fighting exactly like Chrom that was just to hint her relationship with Chrom. IDK maybe I'm just having too much of Smash Bros mindset here. I mean Gohan is Goku's kid & trained under Piccolo but that doesn't mean he fight exactly like them.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I get that Lucy is Chrom's child & all but there's way more you could do then just having minor difference. Granted 1 of the cutscenes in Awakening has Lucy fighting exactly like Chrom that was just to hint her relationship with Chrom. IDK maybe I'm just having too much of Smash Bros mindset here. I mean Gohan is Goku's kid & trained under Piccolo but that doesn't mean he fight exactly like them.

A thing to note in Lucina's context is that she is stated to have a very similar style to Chrom. They even draw attention to it, and its part of her character.

Gohan is never stated to have a fighting style similar to that of Goku or Piccolo. (He relies on brute strength far more than either of them for instance).

Edited by Jedi

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

While I would like a fully unique moveset, they seem to have given her a unique flare that fits her so it's at least passable. Maybe they'll release bunny Lucina as DLC.

Just now, Jedi said:

A thing to note in Lucina's context is that she is stated to have a very similar style to Chrom. 

Gohan is never stated to have a fighting style similar to that of Goku or Piccolo. 

Is she explicitly stated to have a similar style though? The very idea that he taught her still seems weird unless events happened later in her timeline since Chrom should have been dead. Plus, her idle stance is more Lon'qu than Chrom.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

A thing to note in Lucina's context is that she is stated to have a very similar style to Chrom. They even draw attention to it, and its part of her character.

Gohan is never stated to have a fighting style similar to that of Goku or Piccolo. (He relies on brute strength far more than either of them for instance).

I know that's they said in that one cutscene but I've never information about her Lucina specifically fought like. I figure the gameplay itself was evidence enough though granted she still move a lot like Chrom in Awakening

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

While I would like a fully unique moveset, they seem to have given her a unique flare that fits her so it's at least passable. Maybe they'll release bunny Lucina as DLC.

Is she explicitly stated to have a similar style though? The very idea that he taught her still seems weird unless events happened later in her timeline since Chrom should have been dead. Plus, her idle stance is more Lon'qu than Chrom.

Yeah as much I love to have bunny Lucy, I don't think something too urgent right now.

& Lucy idle stance is actually base on fencing (or at least how anime portrays fencing). Note the positioning on her hands, she only grasping with one hand.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I forget if its like directly stated, but I believe the future timeline was much further pushed back than the current one, the time traveling I think speeds up several events, but its been awhile since I played. 

I just recall her saying she learned what she knew of swordplay from him and then the Arena fight scene of course emphasizes it. 

Edited by Jedi

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I know that's they said in that one cutscene but I've never information about her Lucina specifically fought like. I figure the gameplay itself was evidence enough though granted she still move a lot like Chrom in Awakening

Yeah as much I love to have bunny Lucy, I don't think something too urgent right now.

& Lucy idle stance is actually base on fencing (or at least how anime portrays fencing). Note the positioning on her hands, she only grasping with one hand.

I'll admit, I know very little about swordplay. That said, which lends itself to lighter builds better? Stabbing or slicing? I'm curious to see if they got them right.

Bunny Lucina must be a costume!

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I forget if its like directly stated, but I believe the future timeline was much further pushed back than the current one, the time traveling I think speeds up several events, but its been awhile since I played. 

I just recall her saying she learned what she knew of swordplay from him and then the Arena fight scene of course emphasizes it. 

I think it was only in that cutscene actually. I still think it would be cool if they made her more improvised. in her style given what she's been through.

But as for what we got, does Chrom have that move where she sweeps Falchion across the ground leaving a blue mark in it (because swinging through air is too easy)?

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think it was only in that cutscene actually. I still think it would be cool if they made her more improvised. in her style given what she's been through.

But as for what we got, does Chrom have that move where she sweeps Falchion across the ground leaving a blue mark in it (because swinging through air is too easy)?

I don't think he does, it doesn't look familiar to me from Chrom's moveset. 

Oh when I was looking for stuff for "how she learned his style" I came across this which had some good answers 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I'll admit, I know very little about swordplay. That said, which lends itself to lighter builds better? Stabbing or slicing? I'm curious to see if they got them right.

Bunny Lucina must be a costume!

It's not like I'm very well verse in it either but Lucy uses way too many slashes motion. I'm pretty sure the reason she fight likes that is a reference for Lord class having the exclusive rapiers in the repertoire.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

It's not like I'm very well verse in it either but Lucy uses way too many slashes motion. I'm pretty sure the reason she fight likes that is a reference for Lord class having the exclusive rapiers in the repertoire.

Well, the rapier is a rather light weapon that's lends itself well for thrusting, but I'd say that since the Falchion she wields is more like a longsword, Chrom's fighting style would be better suited for that weapon, and for Lucina herself by extension.

Have to echo the sentiment that Derrick used Corrin way too much.

Robin looks cool-- a bit too Smash inspired, but probably my favorite character thus far. Lissa's axe grapplle is definitely glitched, and Lucina's a disappointment. 

An English dub has to be ZX Advent levels bad before I decide it's not worth listening to.