Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the jury still out on Lissa's extended axe grapple being a bug or a feature? Fred just kind of falls out in an upright position after the second combo, and when Lissa performs that same move with the multiple forward rolls, the regular enemies get knocked away rather than getting stuck on the axe.

If it is a bug, then I guess there's ultimately no need to worry. That build of the game is probably not current, and the game probably won't go gold until the final week of August. It just doesn't instill me with a ton of confidence for the game's overall performance. Plus players are gonna ask why they can't wield Frederick as a weapon in the final game.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I feel like I'm the only one who felt better about Lucina's moveset with the video.

I don't particularly care for her since I think she's somewhat bland in both abilities and personality, but I do find it an entertaining thought regardless that her Japanese VA is voicing someone who's serious and nice for a change (and is not someone who's overwhelmingly psychotic), and who tends to be somewhat calm.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Is the jury still out on Lissa's extended axe grapple being a bug or a feature? Fred just kind of falls out in an upright position after the second combo, and when Lissa performs that same move with the multiple forward rolls, the regular enemies get knocked away rather than getting stuck on the axe.

If it is a bug, then I guess there's ultimately no need to worry. That build of the game is probably not current, and the game probably won't go gold until the final week of August. It just doesn't instill me with a ton of confidence for the game's overall performance. Plus players are gonna ask why they can't wield Frederick as a weapon in the final game.

No, it seems to be agreed now that the grapple itself is intentional, Frederick just wasn't supposed to be stuck on the axe for as long as he was.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

If it isn't a feature, it needs to be.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If it isn't a feature, it needs to be.

I'd rather it not be. Lissa totally cleaved through the majority of Fredericks health bar during that sequence. No threat of retaliation, no working around the enemy captain's guard or attacks. It's a major game imbalance. Even if they legitamized the bug as a feature, it wouldn't be the same after they make it so you can't damage the grappled opponent with basic swings.

7 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I'd rather it not be. Lissa totally cleaved through the majority of Fredericks health bar during that sequence. No threat of retaliation, no working around the enemy captain's guard or attacks. It's a major game imbalance. Even if they legitamized the bug as a feature, it wouldn't be the same after they make it so you can't damage the grappled opponent with basic swings.

Eh, just shorten the duration to a few seconds.

52 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Oh yeah, also this. It wasn't really fair that Frederick was stuck for that long either.

Nice job, Jedi! :)

So even you agree that the Frederick thing with Lissa's axe was partly a glitch. Glad to know that. And hopefully Koei becomes aware of it and fixes it, otherwise that's just kind of not cool for balance as Gustavos pointed out, even if it is rather funny.

Also glad you noted Lissa teasing Frederick about his pebbles. That's just golden, though I wish he would've said something in return. lol

Laura Bailey is still part of the current ongoing union voice actors strike, and as such she couldn’t voice Lucina in Warriors.

I don't think this is right. The terms of the strike in question say:

You cannot work under any titles that went into production after February 17, 2015 for the following employers: Activision Publishing Inc.; Blindlight, LLC; Corps of Discovery Films; Disney Character Voices, Inc.; Electronic Arts Productions, Inc.; Formosa Interactive, Inc.; Insomniac Games, Inc.; Interactive Associates, Inc.; Take 2 Interactive Software; VoiceWorks Productions, Inc.; and WB Games, Inc.

As Fire Emblem Warriors has nothing to do with any of these companies (as far as I can tell), by these terms Bailey would be able to voice Lucina if she had enough room in her schedule. If what you said was true, then she wouldn't have voiced Lucina (or Palla) in Heroes, which she did. The more likely explanation for her not voicing Lucina here is that she's too busy with other work or she's taking a break.

Looking closer at the Frederick Axe, I'm going into the "bug" camp now. It seems like Lissa's attack that causes it, where she "rolls" forward with the enemy stuck on the end of her axe, is supposed to just catch enemies for the duration of the move, kinda like Darunia's Strong Attack, but for some reason Frederick stuck around longer than that and didn't detach for a few combos afterward.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

As Fire Emblem Warriors has nothing to do with any of these companies (as far as I can tell), by these terms Bailey would be able to voice Lucina if she had enough room in her schedule. If what you said was true, then she wouldn't have voiced Lucina (or Palla) in Heroes, which she did. The more likely explanation for her not voicing Lucina here is that she's too busy with other work or she's taking a break.

My mistake, I figured it was just voice acting in general. I'll remove it. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

That must be made into an amiibo.

Someone will make it a custom I swear.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm pretty sure Laura Bailey just more or less decided to move on from anime in general. I know putting Fire Emblem into that category is somewhat inaccurate but I don't see why she would want to step down from voicing Catwoman to Pyrhha.

7 hours ago, Folt said:

Well, the rapier is a rather light weapon that's lends itself well for thrusting, but I'd say that since the Falchion she wields is more like a longsword, Chrom's fighting style would be better suited for that weapon, and for Lucina herself by extension.

Yeah that's kinda why I said Lucy probably not following the art fencing properly. Pretty sure Falchion isn't rapier to begin with despite the way Marth uses it.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah that's kinda why I said Lucy probably not following the art fencing properly. Pretty sure Falchion isn't rapier to begin with despite the way Marth uses it.

Marth actually doesn't use Falchion like a Rapier in FE1/3, he has different animations for it where he swings it like a blade instead. Cool little detail the other games seem to lack

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

Marth actually doesn't use Falchion like a Rapier in FE1/3, he has different animations for it where he swings it like a blade instead. Cool little detail the other games seem to lack

Yeah, I really liked his animations. Smash really has him being a graceful "tipper" guy, but that doesn't apply as well to the Falchion as it does to his starting rapier.

SD in particular - since the retaliation double had him stab then slash out - I always liked to imagine as him stabbing, then using the second swing to rip out the side of the opponent. Brutal.

I do appreciate that warriors seems to keep his "point the sword up, and then stab" critical. They did Marth pretty well from what I've seen so far. I am pleased.

17 hours ago, Jedi said:

I can't say recall this perfectly since I've never really touched the game but I thought saw Marth using stabbing motion in DS remake & his follow up animation has swing it.

8 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Yeah, I really liked his animations. Smash really has him being a graceful "tipper" guy, but that doesn't apply as well to the Falchion as it does to his starting rapier.

SD in particular - since the retaliation double had him stab then slash out - I always liked to imagine as him stabbing, then using the second swing to rip out the side of the opponent. Brutal.

I do appreciate that warriors seems to keep his "point the sword up, and then stab" critical. They did Marth pretty well from what I've seen so far. I am pleased.

Well I'm glad someone is enjoying it for once.

26 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is it just me, or does Lissa's special look somewhat like Zelda's Dominion Rod special?

Glad I'm not the only one that notice that.

8 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Like the Nohr Noble crit? I'd love to see somebody hack that animation onto Marth in Fates.