Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Glad I'm not the only one that notice that.

Heh. With the Dominion Rod special being one of my favorites, right up there with the Giant Cucco Rampage, I couldn't help but notice.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I could swear Robin was a righty in Awakening and Smash and all. Or maybe he uses a sword with his right hand, but magic with his left? Would kinda make sense if he wanted to try using both at the same time, I guess.

23 minutes ago, Res said:

What's up with Robin being left-handed?

(I skim-read this thread to see if anyone else had brought it up and didn't see anything - am I missing something?)

He holds the tome with his off hand. Normally he's using his right for his sword, but that's not here so...

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He holds the tome with his off hand. Normally he's using his right for his sword, but that's not here so...

From what I can tell of the gameplay (here and from the French video) he's holding his tome in his right hand, and he's also wielding his sword in his left (I was waiting for this video to confirm that!), so with both weapons he's displaying left-handedness!

2 minutes ago, Res said:

From what I can tell of the gameplay (here and from the French video) he's holding his tome in his right hand, and he's also wielding his sword in his left (I was waiting for this video to confirm that!), so with both weapons he's displaying left-handedness!

Weird, I'm guess they either gave the tome to the right hand since the sword's barely there, or they just straight up goofed.

So i just learned that it wasnt derrik that was playing in that direct feed of the video. but was instead andre. who has never played much of anything fire emblem related... it probably explains why he mostly played corrin most instead of others like robin.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

So i just learned that it wasnt derrik that was playing in that direct feed of the video. but was instead andre. who has never played much of anything fire emblem related... it probably explains why he mostly played corrin most instead of others like robin.

But does it explain why he sucked so bad?

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

He should have at least know who was new. That's a communication fail.

35 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

But does it explain why he sucked so bad?

Iono. I kept thinking whoever was playing was gonna lose to time up because he kept fooling around in portions of the map where he didn't need to go (to be fair, he did have 6 minutes to defeat Chrom, but still, he squandered most of it taking forts that weren't even in the direction of the Enemy Base, and didn't even start fighting him until less than a minute was left).

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Iono. I kept thinking whoever was playing was gonna lose to time up because he kept fooling around in portions of the map where he didn't need to go (to be fair, he did have 6 minutes to defeat Chrom, but still, he squandered most of it taking forts that weren't even in the direction of the Enemy Base, and didn't even start fighting him until less than a minute was left).

I figured that was just to milk as much gameplay time as possible.

25 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He should have just gone to defeat Chrom if he was going to spend the gained gameplay time playing one single character that we've seen a good deal of off before.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

He should have just gone to defeat Chrom if he was going to spend the gained gameplay time playing one single character that we've seen a good deal of off before.

Ditto.

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have done it with the one character out of the four he was playing with who we've already seen so much of.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Ditto.

If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have done it with the one character out of the four he was playing with who we've already seen so much of.

Well, yeah, but I thought the idea was that he was clueless as to who we'd seen. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, yeah, but I thought the idea was that he was clueless as to who we'd seen. 

Might be, but I don't think that justifies spending 10+ minutes or so on one character, especially if it was done to pad out the video. That was annoying.

Just now, Folt said:

Might be, but I don't think that justifies spending 10+ minutes or so on one character, especially if it was done to pad out the video. That was annoying.

Maybe that was his waifu. Either way, I agree that was annoying either way. 

Honestly, what makes it more annoying is that in the end, I still know so little about Robin and Lissa and I fear it's going to remain that way since there's only two videos out there showing gameplay of this particular demo and it's probably going to stay that way in the near future. The wait is going to be extremely agonizing.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least you guys got to see Robin and Lissa and all.

I'm a Freddy fangirl still waiting to see ANYTHING of him. ;_;

Look on the bright side. At least one of your favorites is confirmed to be playable.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Look on the bright side. At least one of your favorites is confirmed to be playable.

Well yeah, but that's kind of beside the point. xP

So I came across another video showcasing the three of them by FILIP, tho its mostly Lucina featuring Robin, this time around, if anyone was looking for more footage

He also gives his impressions from the demo at the beginning, which only takes 4 mins with the rest being pure gameplay

Yay for more Robin! For some reason, I think his floating/flying is super awesome. lol

Also, I have to admit, even though I despise Lucina as a character, she looked pretty awesome in that pair-up special with Corrin, with the mark of Naga bursting from her eye and stuff. I might use her a bit just for that.

Still gonna lament Frederick's non-availability in these demos, but yeah. At least I have his badass boss entrance to see though. ^^ I'm sorry I keep swooning over it, but he is my love of Awakening. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Well, at least he seems better at the game.

@Folt should be happy with the new Robin footage. He looks awesome, just wish the facial expression change on the cut in was smoother.

At least Lucina mixes up Aether and the part with the brand was a nice touch even if the special is the same. 

On that note, does anyone have a lot of Chrom footage for comparison?