Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, at least he seems better at the game.

@Folt should be happy with the new Robin footage. He looks awesome, just wish the facial expression change on the cut in was smoother.

At least Lucina mixes up Aether and the part with the brand was a nice touch even if the special is the same. 

On that note, does anyone have a lot of Chrom footage for comparison? 

Finding something on Chrom isn't too hard as he gets a fair amount, but in terms of the most screen time, I think this one takes the cake

Its broken up into two sections, but over all, he's done a lot of justice here. See: (1:20 - 3:10) & (6:00 -11:23)

'Course, if you're looking for uninterrupted Chrom time, there is this as well, starting from 7:10 til the end

From my own input, given that Chrom is one of my favorites to watch, and then from comparing everything I've seen to the last post, its really just the specials that separate the two. The detail with her eye gives Lucy a one-up for pair-up though

Edited by Motendra

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but I really like the pace of the battlefield shown in this vid. From what I could see, this game has some real potential for difficulty in micromanagement. Things can get hectic reasonably fast, especially if use of the tag system and giving allies orders are not made use of well. I was already hoping for this when they unveiled the map mechanics at E3.

5 hours ago, Motendra said:

Finding something on Chrom isn't too hard as he gets a fair amount, but in terms of the most screen time, I think this one takes the cake

Its broken up into two sections, but over all, he's done a lot of justice here. See: (1:20 - 3:10) & (6:00 -11:23)

'Course, if you're looking for uninterrupted Chrom time, there is this as well, starting from 7:10 til the end

From my own input, given that Chrom is one of my favorites to watch, and then from comparing everything I've seen to the last post, its really just the specials that separate the two. The detail with her eye gives Lucy a one-up for pair-up though

That's not too bad at least. Thanks for the sources too.

Interesting. If Robin's meter is half-full, his C1 will fire a thunder ball, but if it's filled up entirely, he will create a magic circle on the ground that gathers up enemies before Robin blasts them away.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but I really like the pace of the battlefield shown in this vid. From what I could see, this game has some real potential for difficulty in micromanagement. Things can get hectic reasonably fast, especially if use of the tag system and giving allies orders are not made use of well. I was already hoping for this when they unveiled the map mechanics at E3.

Yeah its like they really amped it up from the past few Warriors games, thankfully. I love it when it gets hectic because its like "OH MAN MICROMANAGE"

49 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yeah its like they really amped it up from the past few Warriors games, thankfully. I love it when it gets hectic because its like "OH MAN MICROMANAGE"

I'm just glad we can direct allies so they don't stand around like lumps. Wonder if we can command generic commanders though?

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I see potential for it to be quite difficult as well. It kinda bugs me when the people playing this game say it's just gonna be easy and all it is is button mashing. I mean sure, some parts are, but they're playing a demo so of course it's going to be quite easy with no real strategy. Some of the adventure maps in HW/HW Legends were pretty difficult, especially if you were going to try and A-rank all of them. I'm sure this game will make even more use of character switching and micromanaging to really amp up difficulties in certain modes. It's a warrior's game but it's also Fire Emblem, and hopefully the developers know how brutally hard FE can be at times. 

1 minute ago, Torii said:

I see potential for it to be quite difficult as well. It kinda bugs me when the people playing this game say it's just gonna be easy and all it is is button mashing. I mean sure, some parts are, but they're playing a demo so of course it's going to be quite easy with no real strategy. Some of the adventure maps in HW/HW Legends were pretty difficult, especially if you were going to try and A-rank all of them. I'm sure this game will make even more use of character switching and micromanaging to really amp up difficulties in certain modes. It's a warrior's game but it's also Fire Emblem, and hopefully the developers know how brutally hard FE can be at times. 

Yeah. The player in this video was basically just button mashing without using the map system etc. much (understandable, since it's meant to show off the new characters), and as such failed to reach designated areas quickly enough, sometimes even getting roadblocked by the generals like Marth. That basically caused the level to become a shitshow, especially after the Thief's reinforcements came.