Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

From San Diego Comic Con, but otherwise basically what the title says.

I really like the art direction.

Edited by Lightchao42

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6c01644609.png

db7e76995a.png

Yes. Lissa's axe caught Frederick. @Anacybele, is this what you pictured when you saw that Lissa and Fred were gonna be included? Who needs who as a protector now!?!

14 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Wait. Did Frederick just glitch ON to Lissa's Axe? What the heck...

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

6c01644609.png

db7e76995a.png

Yes. Lissa's axe caught Frederick. @Anacybele, is this what you pictured when you saw that Lissa and Fred were gonna be included? Who needs who as a protector now!?!

I noticed this. That was just really weird and wtf. xP Koei better fix this bug or else Frederick players could run into a serious problem if it can happen while the reverse is going on (using Frederick to battle Lissa). I wonder if Xander can get caught too since he has a horse, or if Frederick can also catch people on his axe? o.o Somebody better find out. :P

Other notable things:

Holy shit, Robin flies. But is still a slow as ever at running. lol The flying is pretty cool though! XD

Lucina and Robin have said pretty much all their critical lines when doing special attacks, so this all but confirms the return of PICK A GOD AND PRAY. :D

Frederick's entrance as a boss is still the fucking best! That shit there got a lot of love! The charging in, rearing on horseback, then the axe twirl, omg. <3 My female Robin, Kelli, would be going gaga over this! lol

Lissa teased Frederick about his pebble habit when she beat him. LOL That's the stuff I wanted to see! Freddy being teased about his shenanigans and then possibly having a funny reaction. The funny reaction wasn't there, but it was still hilarious. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Some moves in older Warriors games did catch enemies onto yours or their weapon and dragged them about.

i can't watch due to being at work but it's nice to see more gameplay

Just now, Jedi said:

Some moves in older Warriors games did catch enemies onto yours or their weapon and dragged them about.

What? o.O You mean it's not a bug, but intentional? That's REALLY weird.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's potentially intentional, I'd need to watch to be sure, but it lines up with what we heard from the Japan Expo with Lissa having grappling moves.

I know it's petty to complain about, but I wish Laura Bailey still voiced Lucina. I know she is taking a break and also union stuff and all that jazz, but still.

Alexis Tipton does a fine job, but it's still not the Lucina I loved in Awakening.

Other than that little complaint, the gameplay looks really good. I just hope we get some New 3DS gameplay cause I'm probably gonna have to get that version if I decide to get the game since I don't have the funds for a Switch sadly.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It's potentially intentional, I'd need to watch to be sure, but it lines up with what we heard from the Japan Expo with Lissa having grappling moves.

Well, I don't know, it sure looks more like a glitch to me.

But if Lissa has grappling moves, shouldn't Frederick have them too since he's also got an axe?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

But if Lissa has grappling moves, shouldn't Frederick have them too since he's also got an axe?

Fred's got a horse, Lissa's got a grapple

I'd say that's a fair trade. I don't think grapples are tied to the weapon, they're more of a character trait.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Fred's got a horse, Lissa's got a grapple

I'd say that's a fair trade. I don't think grapples are tied to the weapon, they're more of a character trait.

The grapple looks much more dangerous than a horse though. It literally takes a fighter out of commission for a little while. A horse doesn't do anything that big.

ID (Purpose) is a nice touch. Though I do wish they spent less time playing with the one character we've seen some of the most gameplay of. Also, Robin can fly. The Smash influence seems strong with him.

Lissa actually using the staff is nice and it does kind of seem like that axe is a bit too big for her.

Lucina may be a clone, but she still looks pretty fun, so, oh well. She seems to have some unique moves at least.

A horse doesn't do anything that big.

What I meant by that, is that Fred can get to places a lot faster than Lissa can run, in exchange for Lissa having some different combat to offset her lower movement speed. THose kinds of things always seem like a fair trade-off (Ganondorf / CapFalcon in Smash, for instance)

Edited by Elieson

Just now, Elieson said:

What I meant by that, is that Fred can get to places a lot faster than Lissa can run, in exchange for Lissa having some different combat to offset her lower movement speed. THose kinds of things always seem like a fair trade-off (Ganondorf / CapFalcon in Smash, for instance)

Probably not the best example of a fair trade since Ganondorf...

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I also cannot watch right now, but I image the gappling would be kinda like Xu Huang, yeah? If I remember right, he could pick up enemies with certain attacks in DW8. I guess, since the horse is part of Fred's model, everything gets grappled at once.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not necessarily. Using DW8 as an example again, there were a couple axe fighters, but only Xu Huang had enemies stick to his axe. Dian Wei, Zhang Liao and Lu Bu were more about smashing enemies. It really depends on the individual's moveset.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

You know what I mean!

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, Elie, you do realize that Ganondorf has ALWAYS been dirt bottom in the tier list, don't you? Falcon's consistently been high, on the other hand.

This is true. A notable example was Xu Huang, I believe. EDIT: or @BlizzardWolf95 could beat me too it. No problem

'Course, at the same time, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a bug, considering how he was still stuck on it, even after the combo ended. For moves where she's spinning, it works but, otherwise.... it looks rather unnatural for that moment. Additionally,  aside from said spin attacks, it never happens again, so it might just be a bug. Still impresses me though

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Elie, you do realize that Ganondorf has ALWAYS been dirt bottom in the tier list, don't you? Falcon's consistently been high, on the other hand.

It's just a Spd vs Str comparison, or a multi-hitter vs a Grappler, or Ranged vs CloseQuarters....just because they both have Axes doesn't meah that they should automatically have a lot of similar moves

Well, he's still great fun to use in free for alls and friendlies so he does at least have some use.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

This is true. A notable example was Xu Huang, I believe. EDIT: or @BlizzardWolf95 could beat me too it. No problem

'Course, at the same time, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a bug, considering how he was still stuck on it, even after the combo ended. For moves where she's spinning, it works but, otherwise.... it looks rather unnatural for that moment. Additionally,  aside from said spin attacks, it never happens again, so it might just be a bug. Still impresses me though

Yeah, it's honestly the fact that Frederick remained stuck there for awhile that looked buggy to me, otherwise it looked okay.

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It's just a Spd vs Str comparison, or a multi-hitter vs a Grappler, or Ranged vs CloseQuarters....just because they both have Axes doesn't meah that they should automatically have a lot of similar moves

I didn't mean they needed a lot of similar moves, I meant that maybe one property of the axe is grappling, maybe to offset that it'll potentially be at the biggest disadvantage among all weapons when talking about the triangle.

It's just too bad Frederick still can't be tried out yet! I really really wanna see and hopefully hear that sweet sweet "Pick a god and pray."

Edited by Anacybele