Which Archanean characters do you think will make it in?

Which Archanean characters do you think will make it in?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters that have appeared in all of & at least twice outside of 1/3/11/12 do you think are most likely to appear in Warriors?

• Tiki (Appears 5 times & has an amiibo)
    • Palla/Catria/Est (appears 5 times)
    • Navarre (appears 5 times)
    • Caeda (appears 4 times)
    • Camus/Zeke/Sirius (appears 4 times)
    • Ogma (appears 3 times)
    • Minerva (appears 3 times)
    • Draug
    • Cain
    • Abel
    • Gordin
    • Jagen
    • Linde (Appears 3 times)
    • Merric
    • Nyna
    • Hardin
    • Macellan/Dolph
    • Gharnef/Medeus

Hey guys! I decided to tally up the times that Archanean characters have appeared in games outside of the main four games (And have appeared in all of the main four games) to see who was most likely to appear in Warriors! Characters listed in the poll are done so by the number of times they've appeared.  I also didn't count Cipher or the original TCG as appearances, because the only ones on this list are that don't appear in both are Dolph and Macellan. (I really hope I have the poll set up right, this is my first time making a topic. My thoughts are in italics at the end!)

Tiki: Appears in Heroes three times, in Awakening twice, (once as a main character and once as an einherjar,) as a main NPC in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, as a trophy in Sm4sh and has an amiibo coming out with the game. (IMO she's pretty much guaranteed to be in.)

Whitewing Sisters: All three appear in Heroes, Gaiden/Echoes, BS Akaneia Saga, and as DLC in Awakening. All three also have a figure in series 1 of the FE trading figure SR series. In addition, Palla appears as a boss in Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Catria appears as a free einherjar in Awakening as well. (Sorry, Est. I can't really see them adding them, due to Cordilea, Sumia, and Hinoka being so much more well known before Echoes, when they were still planning the cast. Unless there's a triangle attack feature, then we'll probably get all three and no others.)

Navarre: Appears in Heroes as a Grand Hero Battle, Tokyo Mirage Sessions as a playable character, BS Akaneia Saga as a playable character, Awakening as an Einherjar, and in Brawl as a sticker with an... oddly spelled name. He also has a figure in series 1 FE trading figure SR series, is the focus of the second episode of the anime and a main character in the manga- he's the only character with two backstory chapters! Oh, and it was his voice actor that announced Echoes & Heroes in the Japanese January Direct, not Marth's. That's why Lon'qu, Navarre, Niles, and Saber were highlighted- he voices all four. (He's my favorite FE character & I really hope he makes it in. I'd like to point out the chances of him being a Ryoma clone are slim, due to Ryoma having a ranged sword and Navarre being depicted as a duel-wielder in almost all of his appearances, at least in the artwork. That said, I think either Navarre or Ogma will make it in, but not both.)

Caeda: Appears in Tokyo Mirage Sessions as a playable character, in Brawl as a sticker, in Awakening as an einherjar, in Heroes as both a pegasus knight and a limited time bride, and has both a quality Nentendroid figure and a Quality™ trading figure in SR series 1. (She's one of the more well known characters in Archanea- either her, Hinoka or Sumia/Cordelia will most likely make it in, but I can't see the development team adding more than one of them.)

Camus/Zeke/Sirius: Appears in Gaiden/Echoes, Heroes as a Grand Hero Battle, Awakening as an einherjar, and is one of the two main characters of BS Akaneia Saga. (He's appeared in a lot of things, but I don't think it's too likely he'll make it in due to Xander. They wield different weapon types, but having them both would make for redundant characterization.)

Ogma: Appears in Heroes, Awakening as an einherjar, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions as a boss. He also has trading figure in SR series 2, was a prominent character in both episodes of the anime (defeating the lead bandit in episode 1 and fighting Navarre in episode 2,) and was a major character in the manga (where he shares both a backstory chapter and the title of general with Navarre. And no, Draug does not get that title. Just those two.) (Again, I think either he or Navarre will make it in, but not both- not that I'm happy about that, I love their interactions both in the things mentioned above and the bonus chapter of New Mystery where they have their only in-game talk in the series, but we have a lot of sword wielders in the game already. The only way I could see them both being in is if he gets an axe- He doesn't have a signature weapon and Fred & Lissa only get one upon promotion as well, so it is possible, but if they have any plans to add Ike as a DLC character, Ogma will probably not have any chance of making it in.)

Minerva: She appears in Heroes, BS Akaneia Saga, in Awakening as an einherjar (and as the namesake of Cherche's wyvern, of course), and has a trading figure in series 1. She also appears in the manga in pretty much the same role as the game. (Of the three wyvern riders likely to get in, it's probably going to be Camilla but I'd honestly prefer Minerva. Not because of Camilla's outfit or personality or anything. Just. Hauteclere FTW.)

Draug: Appears in Heroes, Tokyo Mirage Sessions as a playable character, and has a trading figure in series 2. He also appears in the manga and both episodes of the anime but has a very minor role in both. (Let's be honest, he only made it into #FE because of Kellam's failings as a character, not on his own merit. He has minimal personalty in anything he's in, and the only notably good thing he's done is replace Jagen when I killed him off in the prologue of Shadow Dragon because of his terrible growths compared to Frey. Any knights we get will probably be from Fates.)

Cain/Abel: They both appear in Heroes and SR series 1, and while they are also both in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Cain is a playable character while Abel is a boss. They also both have a notable role in the manga, where Abel has a serious plotline and Cain, like, Really Hates Puns. They're also in the anime, and Cain is voiced by the same actor as Link in Ocarina of Time, and has exactly one battle cry in episode 2 where that is really, really obvious. (Well, we'll probably get a pair of red/green knights, and IMO these two are much more likely than Stahl and Sully. Considering Xander, I'd say Kaze and Saizo are even more likely than these two if not for the fact that they have the same weapon. Maybe we'll get Abel and Saizo? I personally want Cain and Abel but with their Cipher joke weapons of a keyboard and guitar, but that's almost certainly not going to happen. But wouldn't it be great?)

Gordin: Appears in Heroes, #FE as a boss, and shares a trading figure with Merric in series 1. (His most notable accomplishment in being the butt of a joke in the prologue of SD and missing a lot in the anime. I can't see him getting in when Takumi is still around.)

Jagen: Appears in Heroes, #FE as a boss, and as a trading figure in series 2. He's in the beginning of the manga, but he disappears round the time Navarre shows up and he and Ogma take over the role Jagen had in the game. Jagen does show up once in the last volume, where it's revealed that he's been bedridden but is somehow still following Marth around. (Not the growths! Anything but the growths!)

Linde/Merric: Both appear in Heroes, in Awakening, as an einherjar and as a trading figure- Merric in the same figure as Gordin in series 1 and Linde gets her own figure in series 2. They both have a fairly large role on the manga that's pretty much just expanding on their chapters in-game. Edit: Linde also appeared as a boss in Tokyo Mirage Sessions! (Again, I can see one of them easily making it in, but not both.)

Nyna: Appears in BS Akaneia Saga as a main character and Awakening as an einherjar. Her role in the manga is about the same as the game, and she gets a mention in Echoes as well. (She's the female character I want most tbh. I know she's an unlikely pick, but I just... she's one of my favorite FE characters. And hey, we don't have a Sage or Bishop yet! There's still a chance!)

Hardin: Appears in BS Akaneia Saga and Awakening as a einherjar. He isn't terribly nice to Marth in the manga. (If we get him, it'll probably be as a boss. An Emperor wold be cool to play as, but as a paladin, I'll pass.)

Macellan/Dolph: Yes, seriously, these two have appeared in BS Akaneia Saga and in Tokyo Mirage Session as bosses. They count, I guess. (Shrug emoji)

Gharnef/Medeus: Both appear in #FE as villains, Medeus appears in BS Fire Emblem as a villain, they're in the anime as villains, the manga as villains, and Gharnef is in Awakening as... a recruitable einherjar! (If they're in Warriors, they're the villains.)

Edited by Leopard Gal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that the ones that started archetypes or are notable figures have the best shots, you make alot of good points for each.

At this point I really don't know. Marth and Tiki (Awakening version) are there at least but I hope they're not the only ones. I also see Camus and Caeda having a fair chance, anyone else is 50/50. It's a real shame the OG Combat Dancer Phina probably won't make the cut.

9 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

At this point I really don't know. Marth and Tiki (Awakening version) are there at least but I hope they're not the only ones. I also see Camus and Caeda having a fair chance, anyone else is 50/50. It's a real shame the OG Combat Dancer Phina probably won't make the cut.

The Amiibo was young Tiki.

18 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Oh man, I know! Feena is far and away my favorite dancer in the series, but I couldn't really add her to the poll because she hasn't appeared outside of Mystery and New Mystery. It sucks that Azura and/or Olivia are probably going to take her place. :/

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The Amiibo was young Tiki.

I haven't seen it yet. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

9 minutes ago, Leopard Gal said:

Oh man, I know! Feena is far and away my favorite dancer in the series, but I couldn't really add her to the poll because she hasn't appeared outside of Mystery and New Mystery. It sucks that Azura and/or Olivia are probably going to take her place. :/

I'm praying my ass off that Mystery's favoritism in Japan gets Feena a spot. She really deserves it for being a true combat dancer in a hack n slash game. It's perfect for her. I know Azura is also a refresher, but I hope they don't consider her and Feena the same thing! I think it would be cool to have both- they both can have such gimmicky movesets and I tend to like characters with really weird, but fun movesets in Warriors games. Their styles are different enough IMO.

Ehhh to Olivia. I'd only want her there to replace Sumia as the most canon for Chrom, but I don't really care. Feena deserves a spot more, but watch how we'll be robbed and Feena will go in the "Robbed Queen" status alongside L'arachel.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Marth is in and Young Tiki is more or less confirmed.

I think any beyond those 2 is questionable.

Maybe questionable if they want to piss off the Japanese fanbase entirely. I highly doubt they are the only two from Shadow Dragon,

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Marth is in and Young Tiki is more or less confirmed.

I think any beyond those 2 is questionable.

I know the roster was said to be uneven, but c'mon, I don't see Marth and Tiki getting a trailer all to themselves. I imagine some more Archanea folk will show up.

It'd be rad if Athena makes a surprise appearance, though there's the issue of Navarre possibly coming first and swords

I can see a couple of scenarios. 

Its very likely they would just use the slots for all founders of an archtype and call it a day. Not terribly existing by any means but both functional and understandable. I could live with that outcome. I won't particularly like it but I can't say it wouldn't work. 

Another possibility is that they would try to give us a core group of the most plot relevant Archaneans. A team that could consist of characters like Hardin, Camus, Minerva, Tiki and Gharnef. With the big guns all included they could use the remaining spots for archtypes who's weapon is underrepresented. This core group would lack an archer, an anima mage and its only got Marth for swords so the core group + Gordin, Linde/Merric and Ogma/Navarre is a possibility. Its the one I'm rooting for since I think the big guns are required for these characters to stand up against the other casts. It would include the best characters of the continent, some of the archtype starters and no severely underdeveloped character gets in at all. It sounds like the best outcome to me. 

A third possibility is that weapon balance would be the biggest priority but that it leads uncomfortable compromises for the characters. Hardin and Camus are both cavalries who seem to mainly focus on lances. From a character perspective ditching either of these two would be very unwise but gameplay wise you really only need one of them. This would likely mean Hardin would not get in while Camus get the lance cavalier spot(or vice versa). They might want more axe users for balance purposes so this could mean that along with Minerva one of the incredibly minor axe characters will be added just for the weapon. Character wise that idea sounds downright bizarre to me but from a balance perspective it sounds pretty reasonable. 
Its the idea that speaks to me the least. You potentially lose out on characters that can help elevate the cast while leaving the door open for minor characters that can drag the cast down.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Another possibility is that they would try to give us a core group of the most plot relevant Archaneans. A team that could consist of characters like Hardin, Camus, Minerva, Tiki and Gharnef. With the big guns all included they could use the remaining spots for archtypes who's weapon is underrepresented. This core group would lack an archer, an anima mage and its only got Marth for swords so the core group + Gordin, Linde/Merric and Ogma/Navarre is a possibility. Its the one I'm rooting for since I think the big guns are required for these characters to stand up against the other casts. It would include the best characters of the continent, some of the archtype starters and no severely underdeveloped character gets in at all. It sounds like the best outcome to me. 

Honestly, this block here sums up my thoughts / wishes as well. I'm really hoping for Gordin/Merric as they are my favorites in their respective classes across the series.

Minerva and Camus are my most wanted, but I do have Xander to fall back on, so I'll be pretty chill with whatever for the most part. Character roster impact really depends on how much they force you to use the other characters.

Interesting that there has been no mention of Jeorge; I want Gordin over him by a lot, but as far as characters go Jeorge is objectively the best archanean archer.

Not having Jeorge in the poll in a crime. I'd argue he has a lot more merit than Gordin to become playable. 

I do want to say, if they do FEW like most other Warriors collabs, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say most of the Talys crew would get in as NPCs. Cain, Abel, Draug and Gordin being NPC while Marth, Caeda and Jagen get to be playable? I think that'd be neat.

I voted for Jagen, Caeda, Tiki (duh), Camus, Minerva and Gharnef.

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Minerva and Camus are my most wanted, but I do have Xander to fall back on, so I'll be pretty chill with whatever for the most part. Character roster impact really depends on how much they force you to use the other characters.

Interesting that there has been no mention of Jeorge; I want Gordin over him by a lot, but as far as characters go Jeorge is objectively the best archanean archer.

The recent warrior games have been pretty good in letting you choice multiple characters in story missions so I don't think they will do much forcing in that area.

I'd be okay with Jeorge too. Gordin just sprang to mind earlier. I think they both have something to offer. Jeorge is more impressive with his legendary but Gordin seems more personable and has a relation with Marth. 

I voted for Tiki, Minerva, Camus, Merric, and Caeda. I don't think we'll get as many Archanea characters as we will Awakening and Fates ones.

Tiki is all but confirmed because of her Amiibo.

Minvera adds a wyvern and axe to the game (Camilla could as well, but she can also use magic, so she may be using that instead) and she's pretty notable and liked.

Caeda is Marth's woman and the main Peg knight here, nuff said.

Merric adds wind magic and is Marth's best friend.

Camus because he appears to be quite liked and would add a lance cav which we don't have yet. And he's voiced by Travis Willingham who we NEED here, man (as Lon'qu is not likely to be in due to Ryoma).

Imo, the Whitewings would have a chance too, except they have Caeda and Hinoka to compete with. And Hinoka has an advantage due to being a royal sibling in Fates and the prime candidate for Peg knight there.

Edited by Anacybele

Caeda will likely be in due to being basically one of the main characters of Shadow Dragon, and being Marth's wife. If not her, then (please no) Hinoka, as she is also a Pegasus rider with close relations with the main character.

I hope Minerva makes it in as well, but they'll probably use Camilla instead. *sigh*

I did vote for Camus, and I'd like him to be in, but I hadn't read what you said and I forgot about Xander, so no, he's not likely.

One of either Merric or Linde are likely as well, but like you said, not both. The same goes for Cain and Abel, but they might use Stahl or Sully in their steed.

There's a good chance of Ogma or Navvare, but Lon'qu is also in the same boat, and they probably will use only one of these three silent swordsmen.

Hardin is a possibility, as is Garnef and Medeus. However, we don't know who the villain is, so it may be Medeus, Grima, Anankos, or someone else entirely, which will determine who makes it in.

Tiki is all but confirmed. All we don't know is if she'll use her Shadow Dragon appearance or her Awakening one.

Also, great analysis's on each character and their odds of making it in Leopard Gal!

3 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Not having Jeorge in the poll in a crime. I'd argue he has a lot more merit than Gordin to become playable.

I agree, but he's only appeared once (in Heroes) outside of the main four games. (The other characters that have appeared in all four games but only once outside of them are Rickard, Lena, Maria, Boah, Wrys, Lornez, Midia and Castor, if you're wondering. In hindsight, maybe I should have added an "other" option.)

19 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Also, great analysis's on each character and their odds of making it in Leopard Gal!

Thanks!

Edited by Leopard Gal

The only other Archanean characters I'm giving a realistic shot at getting in are Tiki, Caeda, and Camus. Anyone else likely only has a slim chance at best.

Young Tiki, Caeda, Camus, Minerva, and Gharnef.

Young Tiki as you said has the Amiibo coming up and I don't think they'd have made it if the character wasn't going to have some sort of role in the game, so I feel she's probably playable.

Caeda is probably one of the most iconic Pegasus Knights in the series and carries some story relevance to her, so she's also a solid pick. The only reason I can think of for her potential exclusion would be overlapping with Hinoka or Cordelia, but since she can use Swords in the original Shadow Dragon and Heroes even that may not be much of an obstacle since that weapon type can make her more unique from them.

Camus is also pretty iconic as he's the first of his archetype and could serve as the lance user to balance out the other two cavalier units in the game.

Minerva is story important and could make good use of her Hauteclere.

Gharnef because I feel the game will have a typical Sorcerer archetype and he's easily the best choice out of the ones we have. Also, he makes the most sense out of the major villains in Shadow Dragon in the game since Medeus' role seems to be filled by the Dragon OC and the other villains don't carry the same iconic presence as Gharnef.

14 hours ago, Leopard Gal said:

Navarre: Appears in Heroes as a Grand Hero Battle, Tokyo Mirage Sessions as a playable character, BS Akaneia Saga as a playable character, Awakening as an Einherjar, and in Brawl as a sticker with an... oddly spelled name. He also has a figure in series 1 FE trading figure SR series, is the focus of the second episode of the anime and a main character in the manga- he's the only character with two backstory chapters! Oh, and it was his voice actor that announced Echoes & Heroes in the Japanese January Direct, not Marth's. That's why Lon'qu, Navarre, Niles, and Saber were highlighted- he voices all four. (He's my favorite FE character & I really hope he makes it in. I'd like to point out the chances of him being a Ryoma clone are slim, due to Ryoma having a ranged sword and Navarre being depicted as a duel-wielder in almost all of his appearances, at least in the artwork. That said, I think either Navarre or Ogma will make it in, but not both.)

Navarre is also Masahiro Sakura's favorite Fire Emblem character... nothing that would actually help his chances but it's a cool fun fact.

Edited by Troykv

Linde was also a boss in TMS #FE. 

I went with Caeda, Tiki, Jagen and Draug. Draug himself was the original armored knight and I'd much rather have him or Kellam over NoA's version of Effie. 

I voted Caeda, Camus, and Tiki. Tiki because of the amiibo, Caeda because she is Marth's wife, and Camus because he is popular. I also think Minerva could get in because of the weapon triangle, and her being an important character in the story. It would also be a good way to introduce the Whitewing sisters as NPC's. I doubt they would all get in otherwise because that would make the game have 4-5 pegasus knights. After all, you can't really include just one of the sisters and then ignore the other two without starting a best gurl competition online. We are also probably going to get Hinoka, although I'm not sure if Awakening will get one.

On 7/29/2017 at 6:15 AM, The DanMan said:

Expecting Caeda, Draug, Jeorge, and Camus at this point alongside Marth and Tiki. 

I wouldn't mind this set, with maybe like Hardin/Minerva & Ogma/Navarre as well.

Edited by Jedi