Which Archanean characters do you think will make it in?

Which Archanean characters do you think will make it in?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters that have appeared in all of & at least twice outside of 1/3/11/12 do you think are most likely to appear in Warriors?

• Tiki (Appears 5 times & has an amiibo)
    • Palla/Catria/Est (appears 5 times)
    • Navarre (appears 5 times)
    • Caeda (appears 4 times)
    • Camus/Zeke/Sirius (appears 4 times)
    • Ogma (appears 3 times)
    • Minerva (appears 3 times)
    • Draug
    • Cain
    • Abel
    • Gordin
    • Jagen
    • Linde (Appears 3 times)
    • Merric
    • Nyna
    • Hardin
    • Macellan/Dolph
    • Gharnef/Medeus

Considering how we've seen CG cutscenes of Marth with the original characters and Marth seems to be introducing himself without anyone else around, I'd guess most of his starting party and troops closer to him actually won't be in this game. Rather than that, we'll see more later characters that don't actually stay with Marth from beginning to the ending, like Tiki, Minerva and Camus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth, Caeda, Jagen, Minerva, Jeorge, Camus, Merric, Linde, Tiki, Navarre, Ogma and Draug would be ideal.

But do you know who would truly make me happy? Xane. Please, dark Koei, give me Xane. I'll do anything! ANYTHING!

I'm getting more and more convinced that Barst is going to be added. 

The developers have made it very clear that the weapons matter. ''To many swords'', Lucina wielding a sword being one of the strikes against her and Lissa getting in and getting an axe partly for a shortage of axe users are all examples of that. The weapon thing has been brought up to many times to be easily dismissed. 

With such a mindset the issues with Barst stop mattering. If they want to give Shadow dragon multiple axe users then they just don't have any good axe additions left after adding Minerva yet they may still feel they need another axe user. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

8 hours ago, Lautsuu said:

Marth, Caeda, Jagen, Minerva, Jeorge, Camus, Merric, Linde, Tiki, Navarre, Ogma and Draug would be ideal.

But do you know who would truly make me happy? Xane. Please, dark Koei, give me Xane. I'll do anything! ANYTHING!

Xane would be so good, transforming mid-combo and all that, and his supports would be so funny.

But probably we'll have to imagine that the character we are using is actually Xane transformed...

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

Xane would be so good, transforming mid-combo and all that, and his supports would be so funny.

But probably we'll have to imagine that the character we are using is actually Xane transformed...

As much as I love Xane as well, I feel as tho he could only work as an NPC due to his shapeshifting nature. One that could be given orders, sure, such as double as whoever necessary (with limits, of course), but an NPC nontheless.

Basically an ace in the hole when you find that your overall units are at a disadvantage and need, say, an extra lance unit in a specific area, but your other units are preoccupied elsewhere.

Edited by Motendra

18 hours ago, Motendra said:

As much as I love Xane as well, I feel as tho he could only work as an NPC due to his shapeshifting nature. One that could be given orders, sure, such as double as whoever necessary (with limits, of course), but an NPC nontheless.

In Samurai Warriors, Nene the ninja wife of Hideyoshi has unit copying powers.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In Samurai Warriors, Nene the ninja wife of Hideyoshi has unit copying powers.

Wait, really? I wonder why that wasn't included in WO then (I only ever did 3 and 3U, if it was a thing back then)

Fuck it. Bring on Xane then

I say Merric and Linde have good chances if they decided to go with a weapon variety. Merrics competition for wind mages are Ricken, Hayato, and Laurent. Ricken and Hayato are neither popular or plot relevant. And Lucina was confirmed to be the only 2nd gen character.

Linde on the other hand is the only light mage of the 3 games. No competition.

If its either or, then its probably going to be Merric if the FE3 treatment tells you anything, but thats just me.

54 minutes ago, votris11 said:

I say Merric and Linde have good chances if they decided to go with a weapon variety. Merrics competition for wind mages are Ricken, Hayato, and Laurent. Ricken and Hayato are neither popular or plot relevant. And Lucina was confirmed to be the only 2nd gen character.

Linde on the other hand is the only light mage of the 3 games. No competition.

If its either or, then its probably going to be Merric if the FE3 treatment tells you anything, but thats just me.

Careful with absolutes, they said they didn't want to add Gen 2 at first, and if you're considering Owain, Inigo and Severa they oddly count for both Gen 1 & 2 considering Fates, plus all of them being popular. 

Merric's main competition is if they can't figure out how to differ him from Robin more than they could Linde, because Linde could entirely focus on light based magic if they so wished. Then again this is Koei-Tecmo they get quite inventive. 

But if we go on "Character relations are important" Merric being one of Marths besties (plus he has the hots for Marths sister), I'd say he's fairly likely as well.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

But if we go on "Character relations are important" Merric being one of Marths besties (plus he has the hots for Marths sister), I'd say he's fairly likely as well.

I initially read that as "he has the hots for Marth" and was reminded of the crummy manga adaption where Caeda's sole purpose is looking cute and being helpless while Merric has more actual subtext with him.

Anyways, I think it will be something like:
-Tiki (practically confirmed)
-Caeda
-Gordin/Jeorge (Jeorge has a tiny bit more relevance, but Gordin is one of the first units you get in the game)
-Merric
-Barst
-Minerva
-Camus

With recent info regarding Lucina they seem to be willing to do semi-clones, so I'm expecting the roster to be slightly bigger than what I initially expected.

13 hours ago, Jedi said:

Careful with absolutes, they said they didn't want to add Gen 2 at first, and if you're considering Owain, Inigo and Severa they oddly count for both Gen 1 & 2 considering Fates, plus all of them being popular. 

Merric's main competition is if they can't figure out how to differ him from Robin more than they could Linde, because Linde could entirely focus on light based magic if they so wished. Then again this is Koei-Tecmo they get quite inventive. 

All Merric needs to have is a focus on Wind magic, and he should be perfectly fine to add. Robin's focus is on Thunder magic which shows in his moveset, and there should definitely be be enough ways to incorporate wind spells (including Excalibur of course) into Merric's moveset to make him as unique as any other magic user.

I'm still coming to terms that Phina will be robbed. I know she's not in SD, but she is in New Mystery, so the sequel, and is the first and best dancer.

Anyways I'm afraid Marth and Tiki will be the only Archanea reps, with the rest of the cast being all Awakefates. I have nothing against them, but I would so love to see some of SD characters revamped. My picks would be

• Minerva
  • Caeda
  • Camus
  • Hardin
  • Linde
  • Merric
  • Jeorge

I think those 7 have the best shot at making it in. I didn't include Tiki since she's basically been confirmed. I would also like to see Wolf, Xane, Phina, Navarre, Doga, Malliesia and Ogma, but I don't see it happening except maybe for cutscenes as NPCs or DLC.

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Wolf, Xane, Phina, Navarre, Doga, Malliesia and Ogma, but I don't see it happening except maybe for cutscenes as NPCs or DLC.

Dude, I'd love Xane in so he could mess with the opponents. Navarre and Ogma actually have better chances than IS would like to admit. They did play important roles in their games (and Navarre in the anime)

Xane would make me get the SE. I'm seeing quite a lot of people wanting Xane, so maybe...just maybe...

I'm really curious as to who they're going to choose from Archanea, like, as of today, the roster stands at 16, 17 if you count female Robin. I'm kinda scared that Marth and Tiki will be the only Archanean reps...

I would love Xane. He's one of the few Archeneans who constantly gets a good dose of personality and charm across.

But I think Xane has no chance of getting in. I feel there isn't a reason for the devs to look his way

xane  isn't relevant in the way Hardin, minerva or Ceada are.

He isn't an obligation like the archetype starters are.

And lastly Xane cant benifit the weapon triangle like other characters can. You could argue Xane being a mine would help the weapon triangle but with how much vallue the devs put on weapon representation I feel they would rather make a character which definitely help boost their weapon like Barst instead of someone who would just temporarily brings an extra axe.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I would love Xane. He's one of the few Archeneans who constantly gets a good dose of personality and charm across.

But I think Xane has no chance of getting in. I feel there isn't a reason for the devs to look his way

xane  isn't relevant in the way Hardin, minerva or Ceada are.

He isn't an obligation like the archetype starters are.

And lastly Xane cant benifit the weapon triangle like other characters can. You could argue Xane being a mine would help the weapon triangle but with how much vallue the devs put on weapon representation I feel they would rather make a character which definitely help boost their weapon like Barst instead of someone who would just temporarily brings an extra axe.

Didn't xane use a sword in the older versions of shadow dragon and mystery.

Also, I don't think bows and dragonstones fall under the triangle and they have their own dedicated tabs on the weapon selection screen so I dont think it's very relevant to note that.

12 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Dude, I'd love Xane in so he could mess with the opponents. Navarre and Ogma actually have better chances than IS would like to admit. They did play important roles in their games (and Navarre in the anime)

I'm hoping out for those two too. I hope Navarre isn't edgelord too much though.

I would actually be sold on this game if it made you believe it was going to be Navarre but it's really Samto!

You guys actually think they'll be more SD characters other than the already confirmed Marth and the heavily implied Tiki?

Those are the ONLY TWO SD characters who are gonna be in the game. If Marth wasn't the mascot of the franchise and Tiki not already in Awakening in her older form, IS and Koei wouldn't give a crap about SD and would let it burn in hell along with every other game not named Awakening/Fates. 

^And you're the prophet for this game, huh? Let me guess, your daddy works for Koei? You're probably trolling,but I'll bite. They'd be crazy not to put more SD characters in, Japan loves the Archaneans.

6 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

You guys actually think they'll be more SD characters other than the already confirmed Marth and the heavily implied Tiki?

Those are the ONLY TWO SD characters who are gonna be in the game. If Marth wasn't the mascot of the franchise and Tiki not already in Awakening in her older form, IS and Koei wouldn't give a crap about SD and would let it burn in hell along with every other game not named Awakening/Fates. 

You won't have to worry about that. The Archenea games have always gotten their due, for better and certainly for worse too.

It is really hard to say but based on the trend all the characters revealed so far were selected either because 1) they are some of the first units you get 2) their relation to the main character on that note it's surprising that we don't have Gunter, Silas, Jacob and Felicia but we'll see. For example I was not surprised at all that the rest of the royal siblings were revealed as part of the Fates cast. On that note I would wager that Caeda has a high likeliness to be included and that if said character was recruited in the first couple chapters of the game he/she may also make the cut. Although I'm still hoping that Minnerva makes it and Barst, Corst and Cord make it in too along with Ogma.