Your most wanted (NEW) Sacred Seal?

Zeo

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I can tell you're going to have a lot of fun doing this.

Pick your poison:

Hide contents

Reinhardt with Cancel Affinity

Reinhardt with Death Blow 4

Reinhardt with Life and Death 4

Reinhardt with Quick Pulse Moonbow

Oh hey looks like my new arena defense team in 20XX

Do the +1 Stat skills stack with the normal +Stat skills?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Do the +1 Stat skills stack with the normal +Stat skills?

I am almost certain they do. They stack with Life and Death for sure, since I use Attack +1 and Speed +1 on my B!Cordelia sometimes.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am almost certain they do. They stack with Life and Death for sure, since I use Attack +1 and Speed +1 on my B!Cordelia sometimes.

I just checked, and they indeed do stack.

Something I think would be interesting: Move+1

Have it so ranged units and cavalry units can't use it (and maybe no dancers either), of course, but the ability to have an infantry of your choice move 3 spaces would be a big deal. And armors could move normally! I honestly expect a move skill of some sort to be added eventually, but a seal would be a good water testing.

Aside from that I'd just like to see what kind of weird original seals they'd make. Phantom Speed's a pretty quirky skill, having more niche things could be fun.

4 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Don't worry, I never got it either

Let's cry together ;-;

It's biting me in the ass everytime I see it, dude.

I could have a 36 Spd Raven. With a Brave.

But I don't.

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Something I think would be interesting: Move+1

Have it so ranged units and cavalry units can't use it (and maybe no dancers either), of course, but the ability to have an infantry of your choice move 3 spaces would be a big deal. And armors could move normally! I honestly expect a move skill of some sort to be added eventually, but a seal would be a good water testing.

Aside from that I'd just like to see what kind of weird original seals they'd make. Phantom Speed's a pretty quirky skill, having more niche things could be fun.

Movement is such a big part of the game that I think it would be game breaking to add this.  Letting infantry move as Cavalry, but able to move through forests and have a higher BST would fundamentally change the game.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Movement is such a big part of the game that I think it would be game breaking to add this.  Letting infantry move as Cavalry, but able to move through forests and have a higher BST would fundamentally change the game.

Yeah but you could only have one of them if they go the seal route. Forests still slow them down. 0 access to range aside from EP Armads. It would absolutely change the game, but I also doubt it'd instantly break it any more than a dancer already does.

Life & Death 1

Fury 1

Death Blow 1

Darting Blow 1

QR 1

TA 1

Cancel Affinity 1

I could go on really I could go with any good skill becoming a seal.

As far as special things

Armor Move +1 (increases move but exclusively to armor units) 

Boots/Celerity: Movement +1.
I think this would be fine as long as there is a movement cap of 3. The maps aren't large enough to really justify allowing 4 movement and I don't think it's too much to allow a single armored or infantry unit to have one more square of movement. I'm not sure about flying units, though, but it's probably okay because:

Daunt 1: Foes within 2 spaces have any bonus greater than +4 counted as +4.
Building on my suggestion for Daunt 1/2/3 with an effect of "Foes within 2 spaces have any bonus greater than +4/3/2 counted as +4/3/2." Basically a free -2 Atk and -2 Spd against cavalry teams. Also a -3 to annoying Defiant users in the Training Tower.

Desperation 1, Brash Assault 1
I really want to see a unit running some janky set like Desperation, Brash Assault, and Miracle. Mostly because the HP threshold for Desperation 1 and Brash Assault 1 is so goddamned low.

My only issue with some suggestions is that so far all of the Sacred Seals have been for skills with no inheritance restriction. I wonder if they'll keep it that way (for the time being, I don't even think they have UI assets for the case where a Seal isn't available for use).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Boots/Celerity: Movement +1.
I think this would be fine as long as there is a movement cap of 3. The maps aren't large enough to really justify allowing 4 movement and I don't think it's too much to allow a single armored or infantry unit to have one more square of movement. I'm not sure about flying units, though, but it's probably okay because:

Daunt 1: Foes within 2 spaces have any bonus greater than +4 counted as +4.
Building on my suggestion for Daunt 1/2/3 with an effect of "Foes within 2 spaces have any bonus greater than +4/3/2 counted as +4/3/2." Basically a free -2 Atk and -2 Spd against cavalry teams. Also a -3 to annoying Defiant users in the Training Tower.

Desperation 1, Brash Assault 1
I really want to see a unit running some janky set like Desperation, Brash Assault, and Miracle. Mostly because the HP threshold for Desperation 1 and Brash Assault 1 is so goddamned low.

My only issue with some suggestions is that so far all of the Sacred Seals have been for skills with no inheritance restriction. I wonder if they'll keep it that way (for the time being, I don't even think they have UI assets for the case where a Seal isn't available for use).

Dancers with 3 Movement?

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Renewal Seal: "Recover 10 HP at the start of every fourth turn."

This would turn every user with Renewal into a Falchion user and every Falchion user into a regenerating steel wall, especially Chrom. It's basically ORKO or bust.

Tell us yours, or throw some ideas out if that's your thing. It's gotta be better than Phantom Spd though.

I like this since it might actually make Chrom useful.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Dancers with 3 Movement?

That would be fantastic. I can hunt down blade cavalry with my B!Cordelia or Cecilia with my Olivia.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Give this man Death Blow 3 already.

Like what are you waiting for?

ONE PUNCH WOOD

I don't have a spare Klein.

The only one went to Rein.

Hmm perhaps...

- Boots (Grants Movement +1 can not be equipped to cavalry units , Idk if it would be too broken if a Horse Unit has it. )

- Winged Boots (Allows unit to move past any terrain. Can not be equipped to cavalry units.)

- Wary Counter (Separates all immediate follow-up attacks to occur after any counterattack) (If unit is attacked by foe and can counter attack, unit always immediately counter attacks after taking any damage.)

- Lvl 1 Version of either QR, Desperation, Vantage, or Wary Fighter. 

Edited by Logos

25 minutes ago, Logos said:

- Wary Counter (Separates all immediate follow-up attacks to occur after any counterattack)

That would only affect opponents with Desperation. Brave attacks are not and have never counted as follow-up attacks.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That would only affect opponents with Desperation. Brave attacks are not and have never counted as follow-up attacks.

So what are they referred to as? Brave attacks? Double attacks?

Realistically we'd probably get less useful things like Defiant xxx 1. But gonna throw some other things out there as well.

Distant (or) Close Def 1: Nice bulk, particularly for fury and LnD users, or you could just make users with the level 3s of this skill particularly unfair.

Heavy Blade 1: Makes things like Brave Sword tanks more terrifying because it gives them Aether on the second fight, especially if you run something like DB3 or LnD3.

Triangle Adept 1: Doesn't stack unfortunately, but it's a nice Band-Aid for users without TA and it's a free TA3 for users with only TA1.

We haven't even gone into B skills....

Swordbreaker 1 (Only equip-able on reds and blues): Congratulations, you can run a breaker and another B skill. EG. A mage with Sword AND Lancebreaker... ugh.

Poison Strike 1: 14 damage if you run this on a unit with PS3. If you run Jaffar with PS3 + this against a unit with Fury 3, that's 27 damage even if you do 0 in the actual round.

Threaten ATK 1: Oh look, you put threaten ATK 1 on a Threaten ATK 3 Lukas! Now enemies are doing 0 damage instead of 1!

Close and Distant Counter seals are a pipe dream and I wouldn't even consider those ever happening. We'll get Blow seals or even a LnD seal before either of those happen. I'm interested in the next trial just because of the seals, it's exciting to see what new seal will be there every month. Probably the more valuable the higher the point cap like 60k or 70k.

How many people would get to 100k for a DB1 or even a LnD1 seal?

Edited by Zeo