New August Banner?

Arthur97

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

CYL Ike could be RD Ike, and might even have Urvan. We don't know how exactly they're going to handle the CYL versions, but I do think they're likely to stick closer to canon rather than going off the rails like the seasonal banners. These are the characters people voted for because they like them as they already are, after all.

It has to be PoR Ike because that's the version that won. It's already going away from canon with the CYL outfits. PoR Ike was sword-locked and we already have the canon version in FEH and CYL is just a glorified seasonal banner. They're coming with entirely different weapon types from canon. Expect craziness and salt. 

@Rezzy: Dark Flier Ike could actually become a thing. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It has to be PoR Ike because that's the version that won. It's already going away from canon with the CYL outfits. PoR Ike was sword-locked and we already have the canon version in FEH and CYL is just a glorified seasonal banner. They're coming with entirely different weapon types from canon. Expect craziness and salt. 

@Rezzy: Dark Flier Ike could actually become a thing. 

If we're going half-canon weapons, it could be

Axe Ike, Sword Roy, Bow Lyn, Lance Lucina

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Nah. Completely non-canon.

- Bow, Lance or Staff Ike 

- Axe or Dagger Roy

- Tome or Dagger Lyn 

- Axe or Staff Lucina

RD Ike is most like going to cover the "Axe Ike" part and we already have "Tome Lucina" thanks to the Spring banner. Stuff like Bow Lyn could be a thing but that's better for another FE7 banner alongside Lance Eliwood and Sword Hector. 

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

An alternative for Roy could be red tomes, since he's known for fire attacks.

If he does get swords, he could get some sort of different version of the Binding Blade, maybe with the Distant Counter and/or dragon-slayng effects it's known for. Of course, if they go the tome route, he could get some sort of like "Binding Fire" tome that's basically the Binding Blade's fire attack in spell form. Which would ideally also be effective against dragons.

Roy really needs to a dragon-effective weapon.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

An alternative for Roy could be red tomes, since he's known for fire attacks.

The "fire attacks" came solely from the Binding Blade itself, though. An alternate Binding Blade? Very unlikely. We have yet to see Falchions with alternate effects much less we'd see an alternate Binding Blade. What you're asking for is basically a red Naga tome. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The "fire attacks" came solely from the Binding Blade itself, though. An alternate Binding Blade? Very unlikely. We have yet to see Falchions with alternate effects much less we'd see an alternate Binding Blade. What you're asking for is basically a red Naga tome. 

s!Lucina and s!Camilla have tomes with egg sprites. b!Caeda has a tome with a bouquet sprite. Nothing stopping Roy from getting a tome with a Binding Blade sprite.

Even if it's not directly associated with the Binding Blade, Roy still has a much closer thematic association to fire magic than to any other non-sword weapon type.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

s!Lucina and s!Camilla have tomes with egg sprites. b!Caeda has a tome with a bouquet sprite. Nothing stopping Roy from getting a tome with a Binding Blade sprite.

Even if it's not directly associated with the Binding Blade, Roy still has a much closer thematic association to fire magic than to any other non-sword weapon type.

The Binding Blade sprite? The developers could do much better than that. 

The problem here would be that the current red tome user roster is...kinda flooded at the moment and we got excellent red tome users in the form of Katarina, Celica, Tharja and, to a slightly lesser extent, Sanaki and Lilina. However...if he's mounted, armored or is a flying unit, that's a completely different scenario. Remember, CYL is just another non-canon seasonal banner so the developers can give the variants whatever they want; they're not restricted to canon. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

It'll be weird if the CYL event happens before Micaiah's inital appearance is even released. I wonder what they'll do about Ike since there are two of him.

Why does anyone need to do anything about two Ikes? We have two of several other characters too, and THREE of Tiki and Lucina. I don't see the problem here.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

The Binding Blade sprite? The developers could do much better than that. 

The problem here would be that the current red tome user roster is...kinda flooded at the moment and we got excellent red tome users in the form of Katarina, Celica, Tharja and, to a slightly lesser extent, Sanaki and Lilina. Remember, CYL is just another non-canon seasonal banner so the developers can give the variants whatever they want; they're not restricted to canon. 

Using the Binding Blade to cast fire spells would be awesome. If you have any cooler ideas, I'm curious to hear them.

The developers can always give units whatever they want. For the CYL banner, what they want is to get the fans of the most popular characters to spend money on the special versions of them they voted for, so making special versions appeal to those fans is key. Playing up established aspects of the characters that haven't gotten a chance to shine yet in Heroes is a perfect way to do that. Which do you think is a better way to get money out of the thousands of people who voted for Roy: having him throw daggers, or having him shoot fire?

As for the existing roster, it's pretty red-heavy in general, which seems to be the reason special banners so far have avoided red entirely. But red tomes aren't as crowded as swords, and I think this would be plenty of justification to break from that pattern.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Using the Binding Blade to cast fire spells would be awesome. If you have any cooler ideas, I'm curious to hear them.

The developers can always give units whatever they want. For the CYL banner, what they want is to get the fans of the most popular characters to spend money on the special versions of them they voted for, so making special versions appeal to those fans is key. Playing up established aspects of the characters that haven't gotten a chance to shine yet in Heroes is a perfect way to do that. Which do you think is a better way to get money out of the thousands of people who voted for Roy: having him throw daggers, or having him shoot fire?

As for the existing roster, it's pretty red-heavy in general, which seems to be the reason special banners so far have avoided red entirely. But red tomes aren't as crowded as swords, and I think this would be plenty of justification to break from that pattern.

What if they made Binding Tome, that was a Fire Spell with built in Close Counter?

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What if they made Binding Tome, that was a Fire Spell with built in Close Counter?

Yeah, I was thinking that too. It'd fit the Binding Blade being 1-2 range and if they really did use the Binding Blade as the "tome" sprite, it'd avoid the question of "why can't he fight in melee if he has a sword".

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Spoiler

If IS could make this happen for my birthday, it would be great.

Sung to the tune of Part of Your World from the Little Mermaid...

Look at these guys
Aren't they so neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everyone?
Look at my barracks
Soldiers untrained
How many units can one file contain?
Looking around here you think
Sure, she's got everyone
I've got Bartres and Odins a-plenty
I've got Gunters and Jeigans galore
You want some Gwendolyns?
I've got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more

I wanna be where the Laguz are
I wanna see, wanna see them shifting'
Chargin up on those - what do you call 'em?
Oh - gauge!
Usin' your Orbs, you don't get too far
Update's required for Oscar, Kieran
Coming along with - what's Bastian's class again?
Sage
Up where there's Rhys, up where there's Jill
Up where's there's even a chance at Calill
Wanderin' free - wish I could see
A Radiant World

What would I give if I could Pull Micaiah?
What would I pay to spend my Orbs on Daein?
Bet'cha Crimea understands
Bet they don't string along their daughters
Bright young women, sick of saving
Ready to spend
And ready to know what the Laguz know
Give 'em my stashed Orbs. and get some units
What's a fire and why does it - what's the thing?
Hurt Beasts?
When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that Tellius above?
Out of from the Wii
Wish I could see
A Radiant World....

SOxCrNp.png

No, no, stop that! We'll have no singing here!

I would like a RD banner (Micaiah come home, your family misses you...) but summer is a big time in Japan for festivals so I wouldn't put it past them for another summer banner. Fireworks Rinka when?
Edited by NekoKnight

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'd prefer Valflame to have that ability. 

@Othin: Smash Roy fans and normal Roy fans would roll for him regardless of what he uses so it doesn't really matter. If he's red tome then he should be on a horse, armored or flying. 

19 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

SOxCrNp.png

No, no, stop that! We'll have no singing here!

I would like a RD banner (Micaiah come home, your family misses you...) but summer is a big time in Japan for festivals so I wouldn't put it past them for another summer banner. Fireworks Rinka when?

I also want the Cavalry units to have coconuts.

It'd be nice if we could fill some gaps in our weapon types. I'm honestly shocked we have no mounted bow-users. Astrid, Wolf, Rath, Sue, just to name a few. Kinshi Knights could also get us some flying bow-users, hopefully Rinea before another Takumi, Hinoka or Tsubaki.

Flying staff-user would be nice, and a good excuse to get Elincia in here. Alternatively we could also get Sumia or Cynthia, though I'd much rather get Elincia. Would also be nice to get some non-exclusive flying tome-users, again, Sumia and Cynthia work, so would Aversa or Malig Knight versions of Beruka or Camilla(although she already HAS a flying tome version).

And lastly, grey stone-users in the form of Laguz. Beast stones could be cavalry units, hawk and raven fliers. Panne, Keaton and Kaden could also get in on this.

I think it's worth pointing out that there's a good chance the next new banner(s) could start on the 28th as Alm's Army and Celica's Army both expire. If not, then we'll have a several day period where Delthea, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber and Sonya cannot be summoned at all if the next new banner doesn't drop until August 1st. Just some food for thought.

Edited by Tybrosion

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think it's worth pointing that there's a good chance the next new banner(s) could start on the 28th as Alm's Army and Celica's Army both expire. If not, then we'll have a several day period where Delthea, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber and Sonya cannot be summoned at all if the next new banner doesn't drop until August 1st. Just some food for thought.

If it's a special though, it's probably coming once the Summer one ends.

23 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If it's a special though, it's probably coming once the Summer one ends.

I honestly doubt the next new character banner will be another limited-time character one, much less the CYL one. Point is, they're going to need to add a banner, whether it features new characters or not, on the 28th which has Delthea, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber and Sonya in the normal summoning pool as there isn't a currently active banner that has them in the normal summoning pool.

Edited by Tybrosion

Mmm, I didn't want to believe in the possibility of a second Echoes Tempest, but it is feasible. Chapter 12 is another batch of maps to put in the rotation, and Kliff as the TT reward unit would make sense in an "alternate dimension" scenario. If it happens, I hope it's alongside another game's expansion of characters and not another seasonal banner. It would be hard to complain about Echoes overload if the Dawn Brigade or Sigurd showed up w/Chapter 13

Edit: oops, thought I was reading the tempest speculation thread.

Edited by Gustavos

34 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I honestly doubt the next new character banner will be another limited-time character one, much less the CYL one. Point is, they're going to need to add a banner, whether it features new characters or not, on the 28th which has Delthea, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber and Sonya in the normal summoning pool.

So, September for CYL? FE Warriors releases in Japan later that month. They could always split the month between the eventual Warriors banner and CYL but I can see CYL being on August and lasting the entire month so people have enough time to pull the LE units. 

...the banners that end on the 28th? Ylissean Summer is still running after that. They can always add some filler banners like "Heroes with Desperation", "Heroes with Quick Riposte" or something along those lines. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

So, September for CYL? FE Warriors releases in Japan later that month. They could always split the month between the eventual Warriors banner and CYL but I can see CYL being on August and lasting the entire month so people have enough time to pull the LE units. 

...the banners that end on the 28th? Ylissean Summer is still running after that. They can always add some filler banners like "Heroes with Desperation", "Heroes with Quick Riposte" or something along those lines. 

Yeah, that's the thing. They would need to at least add a banner like a "Heroes with [insert skill here]" one on the 28th that inserts the aforementioned six into the general summoning pool. Otherwise they would not be available at all unless if IS has the ability to retroactively make them available in the banners that are currently running, as none of them has those six in the general summoning pool at this point.

5 hours ago, Oboro! said:

Perhaps if we say it enough it'll happen?

HEY LET'S HOPE FOR MAGVEL NEXT HUH GUYS??

I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SAYING LOUD ENOUGH, MAYBE IF YOU USE SHOULD USE BIGGER FONTS!!!!