New August Banner?

Arthur97

4 hours ago, Cornguy said:

It'd be nice if we could fill some gaps in our weapon types. I'm honestly shocked we have no mounted bow-users. Astrid, Wolf, Rath, Sue, just to name a few. Kinshi Knights could also get us some flying bow-users, hopefully Rinea before another Takumi, Hinoka or Tsubaki.

Flying staff-user would be nice, and a good excuse to get Elincia in here. Alternatively we could also get Sumia or Cynthia, though I'd much rather get Elincia. Would also be nice to get some non-exclusive flying tome-users, again, Sumia and Cynthia work, so would Aversa or Malig Knight versions of Beruka or Camilla(although she already HAS a flying tome version).

And lastly, grey stone-users in the form of Laguz. Beast stones could be cavalry units, hawk and raven fliers. Panne, Keaton and Kaden could also get in on this.

I have a suspicion that the reason cavalry and flying bow users don't exist yet is because the developers realized the mess they made with movement-type-specific buffs and want to sort that out before adding them in. Same with flying mages. It can be noted that the only non-infantry magic user that has been added to the game since the introduction of Skill Inheritance has been Spring Camilla, and that was probably because planning for her release began long before Skill Inheritance went live and the developers realized all of the terrible decisions they made.

Making all Laguz gray is a terrible idea. Because there would be no differentiation in color, little differentiation in movement type, and potentially no differentiation in weapons, you'd end up with three or four good units, and everything else would be woefully outclassed in a similar manner as sword users are today.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I think it's worth pointing out that there's a good chance the next new banner(s) could start on the 28th as Alm's Army and Celica's Army both expire. If not, then we'll have a several day period where Delthea, Gray, Leon, Mathilda, Saber and Sonya cannot be summoned at all if the next new banner doesn't drop until August 1st. Just some food for thought.

I'm almost certain the regular summoning pool is independent of banners, meaning when the pool is updated, all banners have the updated pool instead of the pool that existed when the banner started.

At least, that would be the most sensible way to do it.

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

So, September for CYL? FE Warriors releases in Japan later that month. They could always split the month between the eventual Warriors banner and CYL but I can see CYL being on August and lasting the entire month so people have enough time to pull the LE units. 

The release date for Warriors is September 28, the very end of the month. There should be no problem having CYL in September with a Warriors banner at the end of the month.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm almost certain the regular summoning pool is independent of banners, meaning when the pool is updated, all banners have the updated pool instead of the pool that existed when the banner started.

The Echoes of Mystery characters never got retroactively added into any of the banners (the War of the Cleric banners and Heroes with Fury) that went live after it but before Ylissean Summer. If you go back and look through the list of obtainable heroes for those banners, you won't find Athena, Luke, Katarina or Roderick listed in any of them.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of Warriors, whom else can they add along with not-Sharena and not-Alfonse? Axe Lissa?

I recall them mentioning having four OCs- it'll be a red-spam banner, but it'll work.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The release date for Warriors is September 28, the very end of the month. There should be no problem having CYL in September with a Warriors banner at the end of the month.

It depends on whether they'd make the CYL banner last the whole month and having it share the month with Warriors or not. Still, I see CYL coming in August. Well, we'll know for sure in about a week. 

@phineas81707: They can always pull a Faye and have the twins or Darius use other weapon types. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Still, I see CYL coming in August.

I don’t see the CYL coming in August. August is still a part of summer, and CYL is coming “after” summer.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I don’t see the CYL coming in August. August is still a part of summer, and CYL is coming “after” summer.

I'm taking the "Ylissean Summer" part into account. As I said before, we'll know for sure in about a week.

Making all Laguz gray is a terrible idea. Because there would be no differentiation in color, little differentiation in movement type, and potentially no differentiation in weapons, you'd end up with three or four good units, and everything else would be woefully outclassed in a similar manner as sword users are today.

I suppose, but that'd be under the assumption we'd get more than like, three.

Although, I did overlook something else. They'd need a unique stone-type anyway, since dragon-stones attack resistance. So there's no real reason not to have multiple colors.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If you go back and look through the list of obtainable heroes for those banners, you won't find Athena, Luke, Katarina or Roderick listed in any of them.

Explanation of how one can do so?

Explanation of how one can do so?

Go into the in-game notification board, scroll at the way down and then tap the right arrow button. Keep doing this until you see the notification for the Heroes with Fury banner (it'll be the first of the three banners you'll come across) at which point hit the "More" that is under "Important Information." You can then tap the "List of Heroes" text to pull up the list of the heroes that were obtainable from that banner.

13 hours ago, Lushen said:

Lol all the Magvel posts.  Don't you know IS disowned Sacred Stones?

How come? (Because there haven't been any other games in Magvel?) Thanks in advance! (I love SS.)

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Go into the in-game notification board, scroll at the way down and then tap the right arrow button. Keep doing this until you see the notification for the Heroes with Fury banner (it'll be the first of the three banners you'll come across) at which point hit the "More" that is under "Important Information." You can then tap the "List of Heroes" text to pull up the list of the heroes that were obtainable from that banner.

I don't think there's any reason to assume that that's up-to-date. It probably just lists what was available when the banner originally went live.

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SAYING LOUD ENOUGH, MAYBE IF YOU USE SHOULD USE BIGGER FONTS!!!!

MAGVEL

JOSHUA

SETH

FRANZ

CORMAG 

VANESSA

COME HOOOOOOOOME!!!!

Edited by Oboro!

22 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

MAGVEL

JOSHUA

SETH

FRANZ

CORMAG 

VANESSA

COME HOOOOOOOOME!!!!

Not-a-song/10

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have a suspicion that the reason cavalry and flying bow users don't exist yet is because the developers realized the mess they made with movement-type-specific buffs and want to sort that out before adding them in. Same with flying mages. It can be noted that the only non-infantry magic user that has been added to the game since the introduction of Skill Inheritance has been Spring Camilla, and that was probably because planning for her release began long before Skill Inheritance went live and the developers realized all of the terrible decisions they made.

There's two ways I can see the Laguz getting sorted.  Either Birds will be Green, since they are wind-associated or they will be Blue to stay weak to Wind, like in Tellius games.  Beasts will be Green to stay weak to fire in that case, or they'll be Red, since Beasts just seem kinda red due to the fire-tie.  That would leave Dragons, which could either been all Red or Blue to the above reasons, or they'll be sorted on a case by case basis: Nasir:Blue, Ena:Red, etc.

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think there's any reason to assume that that's up-to-date. It probably just lists what was available when the banner originally went live.

Perhaps. Either way, we'll find out whether what Ice Dragon said is true in a couple days time.

29 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

We need to make our own Summoning Circles around FEH the Owl, obviously.

...be right back.

Blasphemy. Annas are the true Goddesses. You should have picked the right RNG Goddesses to pray to in the beginning. I offered a lot of votes to Annas during the Choose Your Legend poll and they blessed me with three +Atk Reinhardts. I never had to bother with Summoning Circles that offer dubious results at best.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Blasphemy. Annas are the true Goddesses. You should have picked the right RNG Goddesses to pray to in the beginning. I offered a lot of votes to Annas during the Choose Your Legend poll and they blessed me with three +Atk Reinhardts. I never had to bother with Summoning Circles that offer dubious results at best.

How much money did you spend for those Reinhardts?

I'm pretty sure the August Banner will might focus on something related to Autumn. The next season after Summer is Fall. I'm pretty sure we'll might see something having characters picking up leaves to the ground and other Autumn related stuff.

If there picking something Autumn related for the four characters in the Autumn Banner, I totally think it be like Wind Tome, Axe, Swords, and Lance users since Lances can pick up leaves similar to like how Summer Robin stabs a fish with her fishing lance, Axes can cut trees, Swords can slice leaves similar to like how the Treehouse event showcase at E3 for Fire Emblem Warriors showed a cutscene where Ryoma cutted down a leaf, and Wind Tomes can blow the leaves with Wind Magic. I am not entirely sure about the Bows, Red Tomes, Blue Tomes, and Daggers would work for Autumn?

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, Arthur97 said:

How much money did you spend for those Reinhardts?

I spent at most $80.00 on Sibling Bonds banner to get both pairs of siblings. I got two of him with +Atk. I did not realize how game breaking he was until much later when I found out he uses a Brave tome (I was a noob back then and I only focused on Camilla and other waifus). I do not remember when I got my third +Atk Reinhardt.

21 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Axe Ike, Sword Roy, Bow Lyn, Lance Lucina

Or we can - in this non-canon game - say Ninian is his mother and give him a dragonstone! Sure, then he'd only have 25% dragon blood in his veins, but he's a lord, so I'm sure exceptions can be made for fan service.

39 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm pretty sure the August Banner will might focus on something related to Autumn. The next season after Summer is Fall. I'm pretty sure we'll might see something having characters picking up leaves to the ground and other Autumn related stuff.

If there picking something Autumn related for the four characters in the Autumn Banner, I totally think it be like Wind Tome, Axe, Swords, and Lance users since Lances can pick up leaves similar to like how Summer Robin stabs a fish with her fishing lance, Axes can cut trees, Swords can slice leaves similar to like how the Treehouse event showcase at E3 for Fire Emblem Warriors showed a cutscene where Ryoma cutted down a leaf, and Wind Tomes can blow the leaves with Wind Magic. I am not entirely sure about the Bows, Red Tomes, Blue Tomes, and Daggers would work for Autumn?

August would be too early for an autumn banner though. At least in the Northern Hemisphere (which Japan is in), the fall equinox or the first day of fall will be on September 22nd this year. Besides, we're more likely to get the CYL banner before we get another seasonal banner. If they do an autumn or Halloween themed banner, I'd expect it to be in October personally.

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

If this doesn't work I don't know what will.

Ironically, my last Cormag has max Atk and ges only a level 7 Wyvern Lord

It's pretty nasty

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

August would be too early for an autumn banner though. At least in the Northern Hemisphere (which Japan is in), the fall equinox or the first day of fall will be on September 22nd this year. Besides, we're more likely to get the CYL banner before we get another seasonal banner. If they do an autumn or Halloween themed banner, I'd expect it to be in October personally.

Whoops, you're right. I just forgot that September is actually the first month of Autumn, not August.

I kinda think about it, what about a August Banner something related to Fairs, maybe have something related with Animals, Rides, and other stuff, I totally think any Villagers or Echoes: Shadows of Valentia characters would might host a Fair for the next Seasonal event since Villagers do work around Villages that have Farm Animals and growing crops?

I kinda wondered how Clair and some of the other Nobles from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia characters would working in the fields since Clair does wanted to learn more about Cows, Pigs, and other stuff in the village since she did mentioned that in the Southern Outpost Fortress dialogue in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia? I'm pretty sure well might see stuff like Villagers and Nobles helping out in the Fair.

Edited by King Marth 64