New August Banner?

Arthur97

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm pretty sure the August Banner will might focus on something related to Autumn. The next season after Summer is Fall. I'm pretty sure we'll might see something having characters picking up leaves to the ground and other Autumn related stuff.

If there picking something Autumn related for the four characters in the Autumn Banner, I totally think it be like Wind Tome, Axe, Swords, and Lance users since Lances can pick up leaves similar to like how Summer Robin stabs a fish with her fishing lance, Axes can cut trees, Swords can slice leaves similar to like how the Treehouse event showcase at E3 for Fire Emblem Warriors showed a cutscene where Ryoma cutted down a leaf, and Wind Tomes can blow the leaves with Wind Magic. I am not entirely sure about the Bows, Red Tomes, Blue Tomes, and Daggers would work for Autumn?

People are going to hate me for this, but there is one big thing that August is pretty well known for that I know IS will use for some fan service for some good cash. Back to School. Mark my words, if August gets some special holiday event think for the month, it will be Back to School, and it will be highschool uniforms for characters. Japan loves them their school girl uniforms, and will eat up a chance to get some Fire Emblem characters in uniforms like that. And IS will gladly give it to them.

Honestly though, I really am hoping for some Tellius characters. I would love to see more of them in the game, all we have are a handful at the moment, and are still missing Micaiah even though we have her sister already in. I would kill for the Dawn Brigade to make it in.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

People are going to hate me for this, but there is one big thing that August is pretty well known for that I know IS will use for some fan service for some good cash. Back to School. Mark my words, if August gets some special holiday event think for the month, it will be Back to School, and it will be highschool uniforms for characters.

Honestly though, I really am hoping for some Tellius characters. I would love to see more of them in the game, all we have are a handful at the moment, and are still missing Micaiah even though we have her sister already in.

A back to school banner is totally what I could see happening as well. But, they'd probably go with the back to school season in Japan, not the States. Japanese school years begin in April. But April is when they did Spring instead, which is surprising when you think about it.

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

A back to school banner is totally what I could see happening as well. But, they'd probably go with the back to school season in Japan, not the States. Japanese school years begin in April. But April is when they did Spring instead, which is surprising when you think about it.

Ive seen them do it on American back to school date as well though. There have been a few Japanese games and Asian MMOs that released back to school stuff around August. That and US is a big market for them, and Japan wont care what time of year they get school outfits.

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

People are going to hate me for this, but there is one big thing that August is pretty well known for that I know IS will use for some fan service for some good cash. Back to School. Mark my words, if August gets some special holiday event think for the month, it will be Back to School, and it will be highschool uniforms for characters. Japan loves them their school girl uniforms, and will eat up a chance to get some Fire Emblem characters in uniforms like that. And IS will gladly give it to them.

Honestly though, I really am hoping for some Tellius characters. I would love to see more of them in the game, all we have are a handful at the moment, and are still missing Micaiah even though we have her sister already in.

Actually, I think that might be a good idea for the August Banner. I did saw Kliff mentioned in his Base Conversation that he does goes to a School that where he does learn Magic before the War began in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I kinda wondered if the other continents does really have Schools existed?

33 minutes ago, Thane said:

Or we can - in this non-canon game - say Ninian is his mother and give him a dragonstone! Sure, then he'd only have 25% dragon blood in his veins, but he's a lord, so I'm sure exceptions can be made for fan service.

I could get behind that.  I always said Roy not being a manakete or at least having some sort of dragon powers was a bit of a plot hole.

8 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Whoops, you're right. I just forgot that September is actually the first month of Autumn, not August.

Where do you live?  Maybe it's different where you're at, but around here it's very hard to forget August isn't summer with 90+ degree days pretty much every day.

If we get Magvel, I hope we get the Rachel.  I hope they give her a tome and not have her be yet another healer.  She's probably a healer canonically, but it would be nice to give her a blade tome and let her have at it.

4 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Actually, I think that might be a good idea for the August Banner. I did saw Kliff mentioned in his Base Conversation that he does goes to a School that where he does learn Magic before the War began in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I kinda wondered if the other continents does really have Schools existed?

Please. No more Echoes characters. I love Echoes, obviously, but I cant take any more Echoes, lol.

I would say probably. Magic in Fantasy as a whole is typically something taught at schools, or at least that is a common idea. That and Bikinis are a much more recent creation, yet we got Robin and Tiki in them for an entire banner and got other characters in them for various DLC, so they clearly dont care about it being historically accurate.

Edited by Tolvir

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I could get behind that.  I always said Roy not being a manakete or at least having some sort of dragon powers was a bit of a plot hole.

Yeah, I'm extremely curious how FE6 would have been written if it was released after 7 with Ninian as his canonical mother. The internal struggle Roy would face having to slay all those dragons. Especially if he ever had any memories of his mother, the one dragon he had ever known.

32 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Ive seen them do it on American back to school date as well though. There have been a few Japanese games and Asian MMOs that released back to school stuff around August. That and US is a big market for them, and Japan wont care what time of year they get school outfits.

Does school start in August in the states?  If so, that's interesting.  August is still in the peak of summer, so that seems strange to me.  I think of September as the back to school month since school here starts the day after Labour Day. Hehe.

---

I predict that the next banner will be Sacred Stones.  People have been begging for it for ages.  

I would definitely pull on a SS banner, even though it is one of my least favourite Fire Emblems.  The other games need their time to shine, after all.  I think my favourite SS character was Tana, so it would be nice if she were on the banner. :^_^: 

24 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Yeah, I'm extremely curious how FE6 would have been written if it was released after 7 with Ninian as his canonical mother. The internal struggle Roy would face having to slay all those dragons. Especially if he ever had any memories of his mother, the one dragon he had ever known.

The last time Eliwood penetrated a dragon, Roy popped out. Roy gave so many dragons internal combustions that he will definitely be struggling with child support. He knows Ninian would not be proud, but something like that is not going to stop him from sticking his Binding Blade into whatever he wants.

15 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Does school start in August in the states?  If so, that's interesting.  August is still in the peak of summer, so that seems strange to me.  I think of September as the back to school month since school here starts the day after Labour Day. Hehe.

---

I predict that the next banner will be Sacred Stones.  People have been begging for it for ages.  

I would definitely pull on a SS banner, even though it is one of my least favourite Fire Emblems.  The other games need their time to shine, after all.  I think my favourite SS character was Tana, so it would be nice if she were on the banner. :^_^: 

Back in my day, school started either very late August or September, but I noticed that they gradually had it starting earlier and earlier until it was starting in early-mid August for some reason.  My grade school didn't even have air conditioning, so I can't imagine trying to have school in that.

17 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

---

It depends on where, up in Michigan it is Labor Day when school starts due to old laws that just never changed, but most of the US it starts in the last week of August. Colleges change too, for example even though school starts after Labor Day in Michigan, my college starts last week of August.

13 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Depends on where you're at.

Where I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, school typically started the last or second to last week of August, and that's supposedly typical across the country. Where I am right now up in Madison, Wisconsin, school starts after Labor Day (first Monday of September) so that high schoolers working part-time jobs in the tourism industry (namely at Wisconsin Dells) can work the holiday rush before going back to school.

For college, it depends on the schedule your school runs by. On a semester system, classes begin in late August. On a trimester or quarter system (same thing, quarter system considers summer as quarter with no regular classes), classes begin in mid-September. Both of these are so that a school term ends in time for the winter holidays.

9 hours ago, Oboro! said:

MAGVEL

JOSHUA

SETH

FRANZ

CORMAG 

VANESSA

COME HOOOOOOOOME!!!!

There's no way IS didn't hear that, not with the fonts size you chosen.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Where do you live?  Maybe it's different where you're at, but around here it's very hard to forget August isn't summer with 90+ degree days pretty much every day.

People who have been to Japan can tell you that summer weather lasts until mid-October. Then you get two weeks of Fall before Winter sets in again.

It's basically Westeros over there.

Edited by NekoKnight

21 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

People who have been to Japan can tell you that summer weather lasts until mid-October. Then you get two weeks of Fall before Winter sets in again.

It's basically Westeros over there.

I see.  In the Midwest, we've got hot humid summer, decent fall, cold snowy winter, and then the spring lasts a couple days before summer sets in again.

I really hope we get some datamine info on what the next Banner will be soon.  I've got 100 Orbs saved up now, plus whatever I can get from the rest of the Chain Challenges I still need to do.  Then, some Birthday Orbs thrown in next weekend.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Or we can - in this non-canon game - say Ninian is his mother and give him a dragonstone! Sure, then he'd only have 25% dragon blood in his veins, but he's a lord, so I'm sure exceptions can be made for fan service.

IS is too scared of mad shippers to actually pull that off. Staff Roy is more likely than Dragonstone Roy. Speaking of Dragonstone users, we need more of them. Jahn, Bantu, Nah, Myrrh, Garon, Idenn and the ones from Tellius. 

Whoever we get, I hope they give us a unit that has Quick Riposte and/or Life and Death 3 available at 4*.

What People Want: Jugdral, Magvel, and/or Tellius in any way, shape, or form

What We'll Probably Get: Summer Lucina Banner - Yukata Lucina (Red Mage - Fireworks Tome), Bikini Lucina (Lance -Trident), Super Sweaty Lucina (Dagger - Use your imagination), Sundress Lucina (Green Mage - Mint Chocolate Ice Cream magic??????)

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

What We'll Probably Get: Summer Lucina Banner - Yukata Lucina (Red Mage - Fireworks Tome), Bikini Lucina (Lance -Trident), Super Sweaty Lucina (Dagger - Use your imagination), Sundress Lucina (Green Mage - Mint Chocolate Ice Cream magic??????)

I want the super sweaty Lucina, but any Lucina is fine with me. I will get all of them anyways.

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

YUKATA WHITEWINGS PLZ

14 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I seem to recall Merric mentioning something of the sort about Khadien in Shadow Dragon.