New August Banner?

Arthur97

Masked Lucina is still counted as one of the three Lucinas currently out, so she still counts as having one... People who complain about her want variety, not just Lucina Mark 5... That was my main point but I think it got away from me -.-

I do hope you get good luck with pulling the original Lucina, though :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd imagine not just the people who dislike her, though. I like her, although she's not my favourite, and she's getting a bit everywhere.

Plus I imagine there are plenty of people not willing to spend for a copy of the same character multiple times when they'd rather wait for others.

Ofc, I don't know how it all works. For all I know, Lucina fans outweigh those who dislike her and are meh, and the majority are willing to put money into the game to keep getting copies of the same character. I honestly don't know if I'd do it or not if it were my favourite, but then my favourites tend to be less likely to get special events, sadly ^.^''

Pretty much... I'm glad of that, too. Like I say, I like her as a character, but it gets a bit dull to see the same one multiple times for me...

It's probably safe to say her fans outnumber her haters; the haters can just be really loud. That said, not all of them are willing to spend and even less so if there are a ton of her.

However, on the other side, you have older characters who lack appeal. Lute might fetch some cash due to being a meme, but how many others would draw a lot of people?

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

However, on the other side, you have older characters who lack appeal. Lute might fetch some cash due to being a meme, but how many others would draw a lot of people?

How much cash did the New Mystery characters fetch?

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's probably safe to say her fans outnumber her haters; the haters can just be really loud. That said, not all of them are willing to spend and even less so if there are a ton of her.

I meant both haters and the people who are just meh - they don't hate but aren't fussed. But she has got a whole lot of fans as well...

And yup, that's the rub, too. You can see why they've only really focussed on Awakening and Fates for specials. I hope they look past it and go for it, since they'll likely get a fair bit of money either way...

Would be good to know how much each thing fetched to try and guess more :)

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How much cash did the New Mystery characters fetch?

I don't think we have that info, but it probably did better than some since Japan loves Mystery and Katarina is a fairly important character.

35 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I meant both haters and the people who are just meh - they don't hate but aren't fussed. But she has got a whole lot of fans as well...

And yup, that's the rub, too. You can see why they've only really focussed on Awakening and Fates for specials. I hope they look past it and go for it, since they'll likely get a fair bit of money either way...

Would be good to know how much each thing fetched to try and guess more :)

I imagine that unless it is game specific, then they will all have at least one Awakening and one Fates character.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

True, but releasing a new Lucina won't really help the game's survivabillity.  If anything, people would get mad at IS and quit the game if another Lucina was released in the next few months.  With CYL, we know we're going to have our fourth Lucina.  On the other hand, there is at most 2 versions of all the other characters (I guess we'll have 3 Lyns after CYL).  I also imagine most people would stop pulling for Lucina when they have a full team of them, so IS wouldn't make as much money as if they released a new Ike.

I expect them to keep doing fanservice, but I think Lucina is done for now.  They still have a ton of Ikes, Marths, and Chroms they can release.

It's not just about the money, they also have to make sure their Japanesse community that loves some of the older games sticks around so they have a greater population to milk money from.

Edited by Lushen

5 hours ago, Lushen said:

True, but releasing a new Lucina won't really help the game's survivabillity.  If anything, people would get mad at IS and quit the game if another Lucina was released in the next few months.  With CYL, we know we're going to have our fourth Lucina.  On the other hand, there is at most 2 versions of all the other characters (I guess we'll have 3 Lyns after CYL).  I also imagine most people would stop pulling for Lucina when they have a full team of them, so IS wouldn't make as much money as if they released a new Ike.

I expect them to keep doing fanservice, but I think Lucina is done for now.  They still have a ton of Ikes, Marths, and Chroms they can release.

It's not just about the money, they also have to make sure their Japanesse community that loves some of the older games sticks around so they have a greater population to milk money from.

True, there are other characters to do (I want Chrom and Ike to interact) so over saturating with Lucina probably isn't the best idea even if I wouldn't mind a fifth one so that I can switch out Masked Lucina on my all Lucina team...preferably a green one.

Also, keeping their fans happy technically is about money, but anyways, that would probably just mean more Mystery characters.

9 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I imagine that unless it is game specific, then they will all have at least one Awakening and one Fates character.

I don't recall the other themed banners having Modern characters.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I don't recall the other themed banners having Modern characters.

I'm talking exclusive banners. The sibling banners weren't really special, just themed.

Edited by Arthur97

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't think we have that info, but it probably did better than some since Japan loves Mystery and Katarina is a fairly important character.

Didn't FE12 almost kill the series?

I take it there's been no news about Friday's Banner yet?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Didn't FE12 almost kill the series?

Apparently Mystery is really big in Japan. I don't know if the remake is or not. In any case, I would more so blame 11 for that if what I played is any indication, but it had been on a downward spiral since Path of Radiance to my knowledge.

So in other words, Marth for Japan, Awakening/Fates for the West (though according to date, mostly the U.S. and Canada for Heroes since Europe doesn't seem to play much).

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Apparently Mystery is really big in Japan. I don't know if the remake is or not. In any case, I would more so blame 11 for that if what I played is any indication, but it had been on a downward spiral since Path of Radiance to my knowledge.

So in other words, Marth for Japan, Awakening/Fates for the West (though according to date, mostly the U.S. and Canada for Heroes since Europe doesn't seem to play much).

Wasn't Katarina exclusive to the remake or am I misremembering?

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nope, we still have no idea what they're planning. Personally, I'm not expecting any word on it until the day before (the 27th) but I suppose we'll see in due time.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wasn't Katarina exclusive to the remake or am I misremembering?

You're right there. 

Clarisse and Legion were, too, although they're probably not as important, as they weren't for pulling... 

I don't know how popular FE12 was in Japan, though I still wish it came out over here regardless. I know, not business minded, but still xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Clarisse and Legion were, too, although they're probably not as important, as they weren't for pulling... 

Both of them were only optional bosses in the main game so making them GHBs instead of regular summon-able units made more sense from where I stand. I included that "main game" caveat because there was a DLC map where they were playable, for what that's worth.

Edited by Tybrosion

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Both of them were only optional bosses in the main game so making them GHBs instead of regular summon-able units made more sense from where I stand. I included that "main game" caveat because there was a DLC map where they were playable, for what that's worth.

Oh, sorry, I meant not as important for the money terms, not in terms of the characters themselves. It makes sense they were GHB since they were only really on the enemy side :)

6 hours ago, unique said:

nah that's fe10

it's just that sales didn't go up that much with the ds games

I think its kinda stupid to try to blame any one game for almost killing the series, it's nintendo and intelligent systems' fault for almost killing the series with the nonexistent advertising and unwillingness to push anything past blazing blade, save for brief mentions during E3 which would inevitably be overshadowed by something that they actually want to push.

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

True, there are other characters to do (I want Chrom and Ike to interact) so over saturating with Lucina probably isn't the best idea even if I wouldn't mind a fifth one so that I can switch out Masked Lucina on my all Lucina team...preferably a green one.

Also, keeping their fans happy technically is about money, but anyways, that would probably just mean more Mystery characters.

I feel like most characters only have rights to two or three alternative versions in heroes, the only character that I feel could reasonably have five variants could be marth (shadow dragon, mystery, original also known as pantsless and two events at most) and just keep in mind that I don't even like marth.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

On 25. 7. 2017 at 2:57 AM, Arthur97 said:

Balance is always nice. I personally as a rule though, only pull on limited edition battles so having one of my favorites is nice. Granted, it would be terrible for me if they did that many Lucinas.

Yeah balance is is very important, That's why IS should balance flood Lucina with flood of Lyn. Bunny Lyn, Swimsuit Lyn, Christmas Lyn, Masked Hanon with very own Tempest and few others because more Lyns means more balance.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah balance is is very important, That's why IS should balance flood Lucina with flood of Lyn. Bunny Lyn, Swimsuit Lyn, Christmas Lyn, Masked Hanon with very own Tempest and few others because more Lyns means more balance.

"Balance. ". Oh yes,apparently the world is made of thirsty men and lesbians,huh?

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't know how popular FE12 was in Japan, though I still wish it came out over here regardless. I know, not business minded, but still xD 

I think I heard it sold as well as FE11, which was quite poorly. I think most people really didn't trust another remake after SD, which is quite a shame since FE12 was actually a pretty good game.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

I like the way you think. And a flood of Lyn means I might finally pull her.

16 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think I heard it sold as well as FE11, which was quite poorly. I think most people really didn't trust another remake after SD, which is quite a shame since FE12 was actually a pretty good game.

I like the way you think. And a flood of Lyn means I might finally pull her.

FE11 actually have solid sales as far as post falldown FE are concerned. Note that one of the reason we dont get FE12 US is also because of piracy on DS

FE12 does worse AND the fact that its a remake of FE3 make that does even worse. 

20 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I've played it and do really enjoy it. I just wish I could play it properly -.-

Especially since I don't think anywhere lets me play the DLC :(