FE playable charaters that you like/hate that everyone else likes/hates

1 minute ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

bro you just said what makes him better than other staff users you have another staff user but you don't have any tanky units really outside of oboro and azama doubles as a staff user and tank and he can also do good damage too

Don't "bro" me when most of what you post lacks substance... And you're literally the only person who's been going to bat for him that I've seen in recent memory.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

Uh, going by growths Oboro beats Azama as a physical tank (50% to 40% Def growth and a better base). Her speed growth is slightly less (55% to 60%), but with a base of 12 I don't see how she could be too slow to double most Nohrian units unless she got majorly stat-screwed. Her strength growth is the same as Azama's (55%) and her base is better, not to mention she starts with C-rank in naginata while Azama has to start with E-rank junk once he finally gets around to promoting, so she's going to be better at killing for pretty much the whole game. Her personal is better (Divine Retribution is almost useless, especially once Azama promotes, while Nohr Enmity is almost always active), Spear Fighter's tree's skills are better than Monk's, and Spear Master gets some handy bonuses.

Orochi is much too slow to even function as a nuke. By the time she reaches level 20 her average Speed is a whopping 11.5, which is garbage. At 20/20 it's 17.2+promotion bonus, which is still atrocious. Much better to double an enemy with somewhat weaker hits given how most Nohrian units have poor Res. Orochi's also absurdly fragile even by Birthright standards thanks to her terrible HP, Luck, and Defense. She can be outright one-shot by Mokushujin ninjas, and any physical unit that can double her (read: most of them) can easily ORKO her, which is only made easier by her horrid Avoid.

-2 damage to all units within 2 spaces of Sakura is huge, especially in the early game when that's somewhere around 15-20% of the total damage an average enemy will do. Azama's skill on the other hand is essentially irrelevant even before promotion and becomes completely pointless afterwards, because there's no reason you'd unequip his weapon. Using him as a tank also leads to the problem of somebody else having to heal him when he's one of the people who's supposed to be healing. Your regular mages have more important things to do, and Azama generally can't heal himself, so then who does it? Most likely Sakura.

As for Hayato, I do use him because I think Orochi is trash, but he really isn't that great. He starts off way under-leveled in Birthright and his magic growth is pretty bad, especially since scrolls/tomes are weak in Fates.

how the fuck does oboro have a 55% speed growth and i've had 3 runs where she's gained speed 2-5 times the entire game? i checked and it's true but jesus christ man. you learn something new everyday i guess. orochi has always been fine for me really, i just have to keep her away from certain units and she's okay. 

Edited by edgelordweeaboo

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Don't "bro" me when most of what you post lacks substance... And you're literally the only person who's been going to bat for him that I've seen in recent memory.

i've started off almost every comment on this website with the word bro im pretty sure. dont know why i do it i just do

16 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

How the fuck does Oboro have a 55% speed growth and I've had 3 runs where she's gained speed 2-5 times the entire game?

That, my good friend, is called getting RNG-screwed.  It happens to me with Hana all the time.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

That, my good friend, is called getting RNG-screwed.  It happens to me with Hana all the time.

this is shocking to me because it happens so often. a good friend of mine has this exact same problem and the dude has played birthright quite a few times too. even another friend of mine who likes oboro says she's slow but good because of high strength and tank stats. god damn

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone hates Pieri, and they definitely have plenty of reasons to. She was a poorly-written character, to begin with. I really like her for her design (really nice armor + I love the cotton candy hair), but I like her because of her potential. It's kind of weird to explain, but I like the way I headcanon her/write her?