FE playable charaters that you like/hate that everyone else likes/hates

9 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

Ike - Yeah, I put him here because from what I've seen from the vocal majority on SF, he's not a well-received character for quite the number of people.  But I like the guy.  I'm not gonna write a whole story for it here though.

It's a vocal minority, honestly. Ike is still very very popular overall. Micaiah is popular now too, which is why I put her in the list of characters I hate that everyone likes.

26 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is Ryoma really that disliked? I thought he was rather liked...

He doesn't seem liked much at all, no. None of the Hoshido siblings aside from Takumi appear to be liked much, sadly. Imo, the Hoshido ones are way better than the Nohr ones to me.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

They say you are what you eat

I say you are what you dislike

Rezzy is a dragon loli?

Anywho, I like Camus.

Also I'm not too sure on whether or not characters are well liked or disliked or just polarizing in general, but I don't like the Sacred Twins and Lyon

Characters i like that (mostly) everyone hates:

• Corrin: While i do agree that Corrin's role in the story is pretty bad, the Supports save him (and most of Fates' cast) for me. I'm one who prefers characters over story. The story can be amazing, but if the characters are all bad, then what's the point? But if the story is bad but the characters are good, then it's fine by me. Supports are where Fire Emblem characters shine, and that's why i like Corrin.
  • Sophia. Now, Sophia is hated but from a gameplay standpoint. I personally never found her to be as bad as people make her out to be, and she's my Shaman of choice in Binding Blade.
    • Actually, can i just put the Est-types here? As characters, people don't mind them, but as units, they are probably the most hated, and i personally don't find them to be as bad as people make them out to be.
  • Roy. Again, the hate usually comes from a gameplay standpoint. People say he's the weakest Lord, but you know, he's supposed to be. His thing is that he's brains over brawn, and that reflects in gameplay. And even then, his stats are pretty decent. His only real gameplay issue is that he promotes super late. Other than that, he's fine. 
  • Faye. People hate Faye because her thing is that she's madly in love with Alm and......that's it. However, I feel that people hate on her too much, some even going as far to say that she's worse than Camilla and Tharja, which is not true. Faye never tries to kill Alm as an act of love (something Birthright!Camilla tried to do), nor does she curse him just to have an excuse to take care of him (something Tharja actually did). While her obsession with Alm can lead her to be rude with other people, she's capable of recognizing that, and apologizing. And i wouldn't really call it an obsession either. When Alm rejects her, she takes it reasonably. Heck, she knew from the start that she and Alm just wouldn't work out. The only remotely obsessional thing about Faye is that she said she would kill in Alm's name but it's implied that's an effect that the war had on her. Faye's also good friends with the rest of the Ram Villagers, Celica, and eventually Silque, something that a lot of people just seem to miss (probably because Echoes is questionably missing some Supports. Like, remind me again why Faye is the only Ram Villager who can Support with Alm).
  • Fates' children units. These guys are hated simply for existing as second generation units. I think as characters. they are pretty nice. Heck, Soleil is my 2nd favorite Fates character. I don't Like Rhajat though. She's Thraja 2.0.

Characters i hate that (mostly) everyone else likes:

• Sigurd: A.k.a, worst Lord in the series. The thing about Sigurd is that he's perfect. He has no flaws, aside from being roasted at the end of his life. SoV Alm is arguably more perfect than Sigurd, but at least Alm has a very likable personality, so i can forgive Alm in that department (and he ended up being my favorite Lord too). Sigurd's personality is......what was it? I can't even remember. I only remember Sigurd's manga personality, but that's non-canon, so it doesn't count.
  • Tharja. Outside of Serenes, she's very popular......and she shouldn't be. By default, i don't mind the stalker trope, it just depends on far it goes. Tharja watches Robin in his sleep, and even cursed him, just to have an excuse to take care of him. One of the series' worse characters imo.

Edited by Armagon

Something I don't understand about Roy. I've never played his game, so maybe I'm missing something here. But people always say that Roy isn't supposed to be a powerful fighter, and yet he brings down a king and a dragon, is called the Young Lion (which makes me think of strength, because you know, lions), and Eliwood says Roy is a stronger fighter than him and a strong fighter in general.

So...what's going on here, if Roy within his game is said to NOT be a strong fighter as those things imply?

Being a weak unit as a main character is not good from a gameplay standpoint though. It just adds unnecessary frustration.

Edited by Anacybele

Those I like that others dislike

• Python - I don't know why people don't like him, I mean I guess his attitude, though I find it contrasts well with the rest of echoes cast, plus when you give him an iron bow he can actually hit stuff and then get exp and actually be good. I mean he practically soloed the final boss of Thabes, he only had to retreat due to being ganged up on, but he made it so Clive could miraculously get a crit and finish off the boss
  • All of Awakening's cast - While certainly a mixed amount of responses, most people who've played any other games prior to Awakening find faults in its cast, and even though I've started with Awakening, I've went back and played a few other entries and can agree with most of the faults being said, but I still greatly enjoy the cast of Awakening, and I literally found a video game version of me with Stahl.
  • Katarina? - I don't know if she's hated a lot, but I do enjoy her character and story, despite me not getting far into new mystery because romming and I rarely feel like playing it *currently at the level where I'm trying to recruit the second thief (forgot his name) while not killing Jeorge.*
  • Mia - I hear that a lot of people don't necessarily like her due to her being meh in PoR and being hyper active, and while I have yet to play Path of Radiance/ Radiant Dawn, her character and design are ones I quite enjoy, and I would use her in PoR despite her being not so good.

Characters I dislike that others like (Tbh not many that I can think of)

• Ummm Can I just put most of Fates cast here, don't get me wrong there's ones I like for example Charlotte, Oboro, Hana, Selena, Beruka, Nina, Ophelia, Rhajat, Caeldori, Kagero, Kaze, Silas, Flora, Camilla, Sophie, Setsuna, Midori, Laslow, Odin, Subaki, Takumi, Xander, Ryoma, and Leo. Those are the exceptions but to me the rest of the cast is bland or I don't care about.
  • Roy - I personally like Roy, true his late game promotion sucks and the only reason he's able to clear the endgame is his OP sword, but I like him as it was him getting into smash 4 that pushed me into getting Fire Emblem. Plus we kinda share a name (though my name isn't Roy)

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Something I don't understand about Roy. I've never played his game, so maybe I'm missing something here. But people always say that Roy isn't supposed to be a powerful fighter, and yet he brings down a king and a dragon, is called the Young Lion (which makes me think of strength, because you know, lions), and Eliwood says Roy is a stronger fighter than him and a strong fighter in general.

So...what's going on here, if Roy within his game is said to NOT be a strong fighter as those things imply?

It's because gameplay wise, he sucks.

Unless you fulfill the requirements for the best ending, Roy promotes one chapter before the final chapter and because of this, for the majority of the game, Roy is dead wait that you have to drag around since he is required to seize to finish chapters. His only saving grace is the Binding Blade, but again, he gets that one chapter before endgame if you don't get the perfect ending.

Mythos wise, Roy is fairly strong, probably one of the strongest lords actually cause of the Binding Blade.

Edited by Azz

Just now, Azz said:

It's because gameplay wise, he sucks.

Unless you fulfill the requirements for the best ending, Roy promotes one chapter before the final chapter and because of this, for the majority of the game, Roy is dead wait that you have to drag around since he is required to seize to finish chapters. His only saving grace is the Binding Blade, but again, he gets that one chapter before endgame if you don't get the perfect ending.

Mythos wise, Roy is fairly strong, like every FE lord.

No, I mean apparently people say that lore-wise, Roy isn't supposed to be a strong fighter and that he's written as brains over brawn as Armagon says.

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, I mean apparently people say that lore-wise, Roy isn't supposed to be a strong fighter and that he's written as brains over brawn as Armagon says.

Oh then I dunno.

Roy is definitely smart since he was trained by the Mage General of Etruia, Cecillia,  and is a good leader of his army and knows war tactics in game. I've never seen anywhere where Roy is stated to not be a strong fighter.

22 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Rezzy is a dragon loli?

Yeah! She looks like a teenager, but she's really a few hundred years old!

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

None of the Hoshido siblings aside from Takumi appear to be liked much, sadly

Well if we're being serious, who doesn't like pineapples?

Just now, Oboro! said:

Well if we're being serious, who doesn't like pineapples?

They're tasty, but why the heck is Takumi associated with them? Ryoma and lobsters are one thing, as there's a slight resemblance there (even if I think he looks more like a porcupine while Walhart is the lobster), but I don't see any relation between Takumi and pineapple.

Just now, Anacybele said:

They're tasty, but why the heck is Takumi associated with them? Ryoma and lobsters are one thing, as there's a slight resemblance there (even if I think he looks more like a porcupine while Walhart is the lobster), but I don't see any relation between Takumi and pineapple.

The top of his head is supposed to look like a pineapple if I'm not mistaken

He's so cute, ya just want to eat him up!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm assuming it's because of the base of his ponytail? I guess? He's sort of prickly like a pineapple in terms of personality, so there's that.

Just now, Oboro! said:

The top of his head is supposed to look like a pineapple if I'm not mistaken

He's so cute, ya just want to eat him up!

1 minute ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm assuming it's because of the base of his ponytail? I guess? He's sort of prickly like a pineapple in terms of personality, so there's that.

You mean his head and hair were meant to resemble a pineapple? That's kind of odd. But eh.

This is one of those topics that's difficult to discuss. XD The vocal majority/minority changes depending on the community you're in. I'll give it a shot anyways. 

Characters I dislike but others like:
-RD Ike - I actually really like PoR Ike, but RD Ike really creeps me out beyond all natural reasoning. The meaty muscles plus the baby face just make him look like a man baby to me. That aside, I just can't get behind his character. He becomes the very type of protagonist I like to avoid which is unfortunate.
-Tharja - I'm actually more neutral on this. I don't mind her character until we get to the fact that she abused her child. That's something I won't tolerate. Overall, she's kind of interesting. I like her as a unit, and her clothing (or lack thereof) isn't off-putting to me. But no. Bad IS. Don't you dare try to quirkify hurting children. It's not funny.
-Frederick - I don't mind him as a unit, and I think he's a good father for Cynthia, but sometimes I think his over-enthusiasm regarding Chrom is more hurtful than helpful. (I was once put in a situation where a close friend of mine used a compromising picture of me as a promotion; not only was it embarrassing, but it was completely outside of my consent just like when Frederick compromises Chrom's privacy with the nude portrait. It really frustrates me that even though he momentarily learns his lesson, it doesn't stick...)

Characters I like but others dislike:
-Micaiah: I think she's one of IS's best examples of wasted potential. I know she has her own sphere of popularity, but from what I've witnessed, she gets just about as much hate, so I'll stick here here. I absolutely adore her concept. 
-Camilla: Yes. She's got boobs. Fun fact: all humans have breast tissue. While I'm not crazy about her character, I don't think there's anything super dislikable about her. She's weird, but like...90% of the Fates cast is weird. I think her clinginess is weirder than her design personally, but at least the developers tried to put some effort into her which I can appreciate.
-Pelleas: IDK if he actually gets a lot of hate. I've seen some here and there, and I can see why. But I like him. I enjoy his design. I enjoy the quirky ruler bit. I think he's sweet. I won't go out of my way to declare my love for him, but I like him nonetheless. 
-Most of the Shadow Dragon cast: Unfortunately, there's not a lot to them, but I think they all have a lot of potential character-wise. I don't think they have enough character to actually hate if that makes sense. I really hope this game gets another remake in the future.

This is kind of neutral territory, but I recently had a discussion with my beau about why it's difficult to hate Marth. He's kind of the Superman of FE. Superman is all about truth, justice, and whatnot. He's an iconic figure in the superhero universe, and while he's not the most interesting...and kind of oddly stupidly perfect in many ways (which doesn't help his character at all), he's still an icon. Marth's kind of the same way I guess. He's pretty bland character-wise, but he's an icon that stands for truth, justice, and whatnot. I'm still not a huge fan of him, but I can see why people like him.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You mean his head and hair were meant to resemble a pineapple? That's kind of odd. But eh.

I don't know if they meant to do that, but mostly the hair that looks similar

I enjoy swarming Pineapples with Male Robin's Ravens heh

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yes. She's got boobs.

NO

WAY

I had no idea!

42 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:
  • Python - I don't know why people don't like him, I mean I guess his attitude, though I find it contrasts well with the rest of echoes cast, plus when you give him an iron bow he can actually hit stuff and then get exp and actually be good. I mean he practically soloed the final boss of Thabes, he only had to retreat due to being ganged up on, but he made it so Clive could miraculously get a crit and finish off the boss

He's smart and lazy, but that's it. Because he's lazy, he doesn't do anything interesting. He doesn't even say anything interesting. He's just bland to me, personality wise.

Gameplay wise, His start is so terrible that it takes too much work than its worth to get him caught up, especially when you can have a Villager Archer long before you get him.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

What? Since when do people hate Silas? Last I checked, he was a popular choice of husband for female Corrin. I love Silas, personally. :(

His personality is considered creepy by some in Japan because he's a "self-proclaimed best friend", but he's not entirely unpopular there either. His reception is definitely a lot more mixed there, but from what I've seen and heard, Silas is popular in the West, because the same personality traits seen as creepy in the East are considered "sweet" in the West.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

His personality is considered creepy by some in Japan because he's a "self-proclaimed best friend", but he's not entirely unpopular there either. His reception is definitely a lot more mixed there, but from what I've seen and heard, Silas is popular in the West, because the same personality traits seen as 

Um, what are you trying to say here? Your last sentence is incomplete.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Um, what are you trying to say here? Your last sentence is incomplete.

I'm trying to say... I just got up with too little sleep lmao. I edited it, thanks.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hate whoever Soysoy likes

That's my rule

My favourite Whitewing is actually Catria.

I also like Camus.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Lying is bad

Also on topic I am not sure who likes Donnel but I honestly hate him so much

I'm not tho!

Also YES I hate his guts. He's just a dumb guy with a pot.

On a similar note, Dorcas.