What's A Good Name For An Artificial Angel?

Captain Karnage

so I've been brainstorming some new ideas to add to my game's story and the other week I came up with the idea for another boss for the endgame.

the idea is that the main antagonist had become so corrupted with light/white magic it drove him into believing that he was the mesiah who would make the world holy. When the protagonists reach him at the end and defeat him in his last attempt he uses his magic to create an angel. The angel himself has the power to create beings of light to an indefinite ammount which will bring destruction to the world as it is. So I need a name for him if anybody has any ideas.

Gabriel. He was a divine messenger of the gods. Your villain was trying to be a messiah (in some holy texts they can be related to a god) so what better way than to have an angel known as a messenger be the one to carry the remaining duty of its "god."

If I understand, what you're saying is that the main antagonist, in his last moments, creates the angel which becomes the true final boss? If so, might I suggest Demiurge? In the Gnostic mythos, the Demiuge was a "half-creator" who was responsible for creating the material "evil" half of the world, but was ignorant of his actual origins and the beings that created him. I feel like this might fit. Other names for the Demiurge included "Yaldabaoth" and "Ariel," among others.

If you're going for just angelic names, I know the word "el" means "god" in Hebrew, so many angels have names with it in them (e.g. Raphael, Michael, Gabriel, etc.). So, you could try to use something like that if you wanted to make up a name.

Name the villain himself alpha, and the angel omega.

The reason for this is as follows:
http://biblehub.com/revelation/22-13.htm

Think about it this way: the guy is not really a messiah, but thinks he is one. Therefore he is the beginning (alpha) of this process of bringing about the existence of this angel. It seems that you are suggesting that the angel is superior in power to his creator. Therefore, the end, the omega, the "last" has eclipsed (spiritually post-ratified) the beginning. Moreover, Omega (last) feels like a good name for a villain seeking to destroy this world at the very end of the villain's journey.

This sort of outlook suggests that the villain is internally consistent but at odds with many traditional and perhaps better conceived notions of what god is or isn't.

Dr. Manhattan.

Though that one was more of a god than an angel.

When giving names you probably need to take the theme of your story into account, because, like, if you're just using angels for the heck of it without any sort of religious reference other than the very figure of the angel, then they don't require biblical names or things like that.

I think Metatron is a cool name, just because of Vincent's ramblings in SH3, but try to find a meaningful name for the character in question. Or, pick the name and build the character around it, that works too.

Edited by Skynstein