Gaiden & Echoes differences

Ok so I am interested in reading every nook about the complete list of changes that Echoes made compared to the original including the plot, music, character designs and some of the gameplay differences as well.

I tried looking everywhere on where I can observe the overall difference between the two games but besides character designs, I can't find anything else in particular.

So if you happen to know the complete list of changes and the many differences that the original and the remake does, post it here as I'm myself interested in those bits.

Making a full list of changes from the obvious to the obscure would be a Herculean task. Though somebody did compile all of Alm and Celica's dialogue from the original with context. If you really want a full picture of how the games are different, you may want to watch somebody's let's play series on Gaiden. You may be surprised about how much was kept from the original.

5 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Making a full list of changes from the obvious to the obscure would be a Herculean task. Though somebody did compile all of Alm and Celica's dialogue from the original with context. If you really want a full picture of how the games are different, you may want to watch somebody's let's play series on Gaiden. You may be surprised about how much was kept from the original.

Also might be surprised at just how much got nerfed from the original as well.

I have compiled a spreadsheet comparing character growths from FE2 to FE15. I've attached it to the post. Some item stats are also included. To note stats not included on the spreadsheet, many, many spells got range increases. While the original game only had Thunder as 1-3, the remake also gave the range extension to Arrow, Slime, and Death. Medusa went from 1-2 to 1-5. All spells with total range got nerfed to varying extents; Physic was reduced to range=magic, while Warp and Dear were cut to magic.2. All shields that had weight did not have weight originally. Accessories also got broadly nerfed: Angel Ring lost its effect of doubling level up gains and now only gives +20 luck instead of automatically capping it, sending it from vital to useless. Speed Ring went from +5 move/autocapped speed to +1 move/+10 speed, which is still reasonably powerful. Magic Ring now simply boosts magic range by two instead of setting it to 1-5. The Sol, Luna, and Astra Lances had their weapon types changed, they are now Luna Bow, Sol Lance, and Astra Sword.

FE2 growths chart.xls

40 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Also might be surprised at just how much got nerfed from the original as well.

Only to make up for the buffs. Consumable items not only existing, but you can eat straight from the convoy if you're next to Alm or Celica, combat arts, turnwheel to fix mistakes and re-roll RNG for enemies summoning and warping as well as the Expel spell, bonus exp, support bonuses, and inflated stat growths. Hell, they nerfed the angel ring because everybody pretty much has double stat growths from the get go. It would allow a character to level up at a rate similar to Donnel with his aptitude skill. I haven't played Gaiden myself, but it seems the difficulty of the original was matched in the remake despite all the changes, at least with Echoes Normal mode. 

I did noticed some things that were added from the dialogue that wasn't mentioned in the original game.

1. Valbar mentioned his entire family from the base conversation was his son, his wife, his father, and his mother lived in a village from an island and those were the four of them that were got killed by Barth the Pirate King.
  2. Mycen was originally from Rigel, Nomah mentioned that in his base conversation when he was traveling to Rigel to see Mycen long time ago when they were young. I'm pretty sure that's possibly why Rudolf and Mycen were friends for a long time.
  3. Saber is actually from Rigel, he was originally a Rigelian Soldier before he starts off as a Mercenary and he did mentioned he has a little sister.
  4. Lukas has an older brother that Lukas mentioned in his Base Conversation.
  5. Genny did mentioned about her mother during in her Support Conversation with Sonya.
  6. Boey's family was actually poor.
  7. Silque was born from Rigel and she did mentioned that she decided to become a Cleric like her mother.
  8. Leon did mentioned he had a friend that got killed in the war before Valbar recruited Leon.

They did made Leon into a gay character with a feminine personality in the remake and they did made Clive, Clair, Mathilda, Lukas, Forsyth, and Python as Nobels than just knights of Zofia Castle. Clair did have a Noble Lady Personality than being helpful (I don't know how to explain about that one).

There are some new spoilers that showed happened before Mystery of the Emblem and in the game as well:

They did put some of the new lines that were talking about something happened between in Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem for the Whitewing sisters such as Est moved in to Altea and lives with a boy that was actually Abel after the War from Shadow Dragon and runs a shop that actually happened in Mystery of the Emblem. Palla didn't know that Est is in love with Abel during in the Echoes: Shadows of Valentia story plot, but Palla did mentioned Abel's name in the original game. Palla did mentioned about Minerva and Macedon since Minerva wasn't mentioned in the original game.

They did explained that Mila and Duma are actually dragons, the original game was kinda unclear about Mila and Duma back then.

And also, Alm and Celica did turned Rigel and Zofia at the new ending story plot into one Kingdom, I'm pretty sure Valm is an entirely big Country during in Awakening. And they did showed Mila's Tree at the ending credits, that's the same tree from Awakening and Fates's DLC map.

Edited by King Marth 64

Mister Hero, you're mistaken.

Python and Forsyth are notable for NOT being nobles. Fernand even mentions that they aren't during his little bitch fit before he leaves the deliverance.

4 hours ago, Darrman said:

While the original game only had Thunder as 1-3, the remake also gave the range extension to Arrow, Slime, and Death. Medusa went from 1-2 to 1-5.

Wait, really? No wonder I couldn't remember enemy Death and Medusa users causing me as much trouble in Gaiden as in Echoes...

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

It would allow a character to level up at a rate similar to Donnel with his aptitude skill.

You're actually wrong on that part. In Gaiden, the Angel Ring actually made it so that every stat that increased on level up would increase by 2 instead of 1. For example:

Normal Catria Level Up: HP +1, Strength +1, Speed +1

Angel Ring Catria Level Up: HP +2, Strength +2, Speed +2

I remember even sticking the Angel Ring on whichever character I was focusing on levelling up in the Lost Forest in Gaiden due to how strong the level up stat boosts were.

Well, I know they replaced "Easy" Mode (basically gave all units Paragon, like Thracia's Paragon Mode), and replaced it with Hard Mode. Granted, if Easy had been left, the game might've been derided as being easier than it already is.

9 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Doing that is actually difficult besides plot since the original never shows how many spaces a unit can walk to.

And I get it. Its a long thing to do. I just assumed that by now, someone would have done something like that by now.

That being said, it wouldn't hurt looking at a chart that does distinguishing if it has been done.