So....Mage Knight.

I never really bothered to make Lute or L'Arachael into MageKnights. It's always Sage for the former and Valkyrie for the latter.

So, is MageKnight a better or worse class for both?

And yes, I know that MageKnight gives more Con and Mov for Lute, but does it have any other advantages over Sage (and Valkyrie)?

Better defensive caps (21 def vs 24 def and 25 res vs 28 res) when looking at Sage vs MK.

But none of that really matters and neither do the cap advantages Sage has over Mage Knight as such stats are overkill and unnecessary for everything but the never used Link Arena.

Mage Knight is the better class for Lute because of the Con and Move while the Sage "advantages" are redundant. 

Mage Knight is the better class for L'arachel because Light Magic is worse than Anima if you don't have that Slayer skill the Bishops get.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

For Lute, I think the Mage Knight would be better just for the extra move, there's little to no reason to promote her to Sage,it only gives her D Lighting while Mage Knight is mounted, which can be quite crucial in some moments.

For L'Arachel, I prefer Valkyrie because 8 Move, but Mage Knight is a fine option too if you want her to be more offensive at the cost of 1 Move

(I generally don't use either of them tbh, especially L'Arachel)

The only reason for Lute to go Sage is so she can get a higher Mag cap, being 30, which isn't even needed in SS since late game enemies aren't that strong. Overall, Mage Knight is preferred for the extra mobility and con.

As for L'Arachel, it depends on how you intend on using her. If you want her to be offensive, Mage Knight is better since Anima magic is just so much better than Light unless you are a Bishop. If you just intend on healing, Valkyrie is better since you have extra move.

Uh, does Valkyrie even get extra move? I thought it was 7 move, like Mage Knight is.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

57 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Uh, does Valkyrie even get extra move? I thought it was 7 move, like Mage Knight is.

Oh, it appears you're right. I was using the FE wiki as my source so obviously there is an error on there.

Then Valkyrie doesn't really have much over Mage Knight except for 1 point of Res.

In two of the three games mage knight has appeared in it hasn't been very great compared to other magical options (not including if you put Holsety on Arthur - that's not the same!) which is a damn shame because it's such a cool class.