Do any of you still use Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge?

I had to use IE to search a database on rock mechanics a few months ago. It was awful and worked about as well as you expected.

I specifically went on a school computer to do it though. I'm not using that thing on my laptop.

I remember when I first started using computers about 10 years ago. My brother (who is a programmer) came in and saw me using Internet Explorer and was immediately like "What are you doing! You're gonna get a virus! C'mon man, we just bought this computer!" He then showed me how to do the only thing Internet Explorer is good for: Downloading Firefox.

I use Chrome most of the time, but I do a few searches on Edge everyday (I don't click any links though) for the rewards points but that is it.

LOL no. Internet Explorer sucks, and i'm assuming Microsoft ow the Edge isn't much better. I would much rather use Chrome. I would only use Internet Explorer if i absolutely have to such as when school computers are being terrible.

1 hour ago, Umbran Darros said:

if a problem cannot be solved by firefox or chrome, its a problem not worth solving

lmao, I will keep that in mind :D

i used edge when i needed to download chrome

i also use it when i open a link in some windows program and windows 10 decides to be """helpful""" and automatically open it in a """better""" browser

I only use it to test IE11 compatibility for a website I coded and even then I use a mac at work so I offload that to the interns

Any personal projects I write myself will not have IE11 compatibility, very tempted to write a script to detect browser and link you the chrome download page if IE detected

Edited by Thor Odinson

On 7/24/2017 at 8:21 AM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Only when Chrome/Firefox are not supported by a particular web page/app I MUST use at work.

p much this, i have to use ie for my work vpn on my laptop

but i do use edge occasionally as a backup browser to test things, idk why, i don't really hate it