DiogoJorge

FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 2.1.0 *New Update*

Recommended Posts

It always bothered me how growths and bases make little sense in this game, thus, I've created this patch, which I dubbed Vindication. since it's meant to make everyone to be as balanced as possible as they deserve. Broken characters shall be knocked from their high horse, while characters that are too hard to use will become just as good as your usual good character. Changed quite a few things and removed some irritations (like Echidna using an heavy axe and being easily beaten in Hard mode for instance, now she is equipped with a sword by default and thus the RNG is much less likely to hate you).

This project is finished, but it migth be tweaked further later on.

Also, if anyone could point me to a way to  raise Roy's level cap as a lord and experience gained (not as a Great Lord) and only for him, I would be gratefull.

NOTE: This balancing patch is meant to be played in Hard mode, if playing in normal mode, characters dependent on Hard bonuses might become  underwhelming as a result.

 

 

 

*UPDATED TO V.2.1.* (New Update)

2.1 changes

-Made some more changes to characters growths and bases.

- Knight and General MOV increased by 1.

- Horselaying weapons updated (needs to be tested whoever, so might have bugs, we will see)

 

 

 

 

Future plans:

-Tweak any issues that might pop up. Keep me informed of any oddities.

 

NOTE:

Due to not having the microsoft tools program active, I will not post the excel file from here on, until that problem is solved. I will see if I can find another method to make a list.

 

 

Fire Emblem Vindication 2.1.ips

 

 

 

 

Edited by DiogoJorge
updating files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might try this later on, but I must mention that "Justice For All" made me think this patch was going to have Ace Attorney characters, lol.

 Did you also fix the hit rates of axes and lances? And has Gonzales bases increased in route B, along with his level? 

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, because after all I've seen you say on Gamefaqs, you are the absolutely perfect person to make a balance patch not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jdeo1997 said:

Ah yes, because after all I've seen you say on Gamefaqs, you are the absolutely perfect person to make a balance patch not

Pffttt he's the perfect person to do it. He think Fe 7 marcus is a weakling and Trashmelia is useful. Perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I might try this later on, but I must mention that "Justice For All" made me think this patch was going to have Ace Attorney characters, lol.

 Did you also fix the hit rates of axes and lances? And has Gonzales bases increased in route B, along with his level? 

Yes, The Iron Axe has 70% hit rate now. I think it used to be 55%? Carefull now, that also means, that enemy axefighters also have a slight edge. An Iron Lance has 80% and a Sword has 90%, I think.

 

I'm not entirely sure, since it was been a few months ago since I did those changes.

 

As for Gonzales, I don't remember how I've changed him, but I'm pretty sure he's better now.

 

Also, the title Justice for All is not an Ace Attorney thing. There was a movie with that same name. Anyhow the name is because it gives characters who were given unjust stats, stats that make sense.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

this patch was going to have Ace Attorney characters, lol.

 

Never thought how much I wanted this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiogoJorge said:

Also, the title Justice for All is not an Ace Attorney thing. There was a movie with that same name. Anyhow the name is because it gives characters who were given unjust stats, stats that make sense.

Ace Attorney came in my mind first, so yeah. But otherwise, the title makes sense.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiogoJorge said:

What you mean?

Is the patch going to have white knights and righteous leaders with light magic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NishikiMcCloud said:

Is the patch going to have white knights and righteous leaders with light magic?

No. It's a balance patch, it's not something so advanced as replacing sprites and classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiogoJorge said:

No. It's a balance patch, it's not something so advanced as replacing sprites and classes.

Well, that ruined my hopes for this hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

No. It's a balance patch, it's not something so advanced as replacing sprites and classes.

Like you know anything about balance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, InterracialPandaSon said:

Like you know anything about balance 

Please, I know better than you think.

If you are going to not be helpfull why bother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Please, I know better than you think.

If you are going to not be helpfull why bother?

My only purpose of being here is to fuck with you and annoy you. Also nice job spelling helpful wrong jackass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, InterracialPandaSon said:

My only purpose of being here is to fuck with you and annoy you. Also nice job spelling helpful wrong jackass.

And why would you try do that? Keyword being try, since very little ever affects me. Couldn't care less, I'm not a english native.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man the amount of unnecessary negativity in this thread is just... :dry:

Anyway, I do not pride myself to be good enough to give you rebalancing advice and I'm not in the mood for replaying FE6 after losing my Ch.21 HM save so I can't give you any tips for this patch of yours, sorry. I just wanted to warn you though that when opening that file I see only Ch.1's unit stats and no one else's...

Spoiler

Also I thought one of the big problems of FE6 was the shitty accuracy of axes and some lances, did you increase that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Man the amount of unnecessary negativity in this thread is just... :dry:

Anyway, I do not pride myself to be good enough to give you rebalancing advice and I'm not in the mood for replaying FE6 after losing my Ch.21 HM save so I can't give you any tips for this patch of yours, sorry. I just wanted to warn you though that when opening that file I see only Ch.1's unit stats and no one else's...

  Hide contents

Also I thought one of the big problems of FE6 was the shitty accuracy of axes and some lances, did you increase that?

 

Not your fault. This is still a project in progress and that excel file is just a temporary one, since I have not finished writing all of them. I will try to keep updating the file everyday.

Yes, I did increase accuracy of axes and lances. Also reduced throne bonus.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i said chill you fucking louts

 

edit: when you have someone like that around, report and move on. don't engage. let us do our jobs. the best you'll do is nick yourself with a warn for eating the flamebait.

Edited by Integrity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Integrity said:

i said chill you fucking louts

 

edit: when you have someone like that around, report and move on. don't engage. let us do our jobs. the best you'll do is nick yourself with a warn for eating the flamebait.

Thanks for the warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.