FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 2.1.0 *New Update*

DiogoJorge

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, SilverCrusader said:

Ill try out this balance hack bro and give you some opinions about it I was gonna play FE6 soon again anyways haha

Make sure to play in Hard, since that was the difficulty I tested on. I don't think you will have much issue with normal, but certain characters like Rutger who depend on hard mode bonus stats might be a bit weaker as a result.

Maybe this hack will actually live to completion)

I don't think you can raise Roy's max level in FE6. What you CAN do is move his promotion to an earlier point. Ch 16/16x is a good point. Aside from weak start and running into a level cap way before he can promote, he was pretty OK.

Edited by Kruggov

10 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Maybe this hack will actually live to completion)

I don't think you can raise Roy's max level in FE6. What you CAN do is move his promotion to an earlier point. Ch 16/16x is a good point. Aside from weak start and running into a level cap way before he can promote, he was pretty OK.

And how I'm supposed to move his promotion to an earlier point? Even if he did promote earlier, wouldn't that clash with the actual promotion event that happens later on?

1 minute ago, DiogoJorge said:

And how I'm supposed to move his promotion to an earlier point? Even if he did promote earlier, wouldn't that clash with the actual promotion event that happens later on?

Hey, I'm just giving an idea. I'm not a rom-hacker. I remember someone doing that in a small hack. It's here with link at the end of OP leading to "Early Roy Promotion" hack. I don't know if the hack works though.

As for what happens when promotions clash, Roy will become a Lord once again. If what happens in FE6RR is true for nomal FE6 (i don't think RR chahged anything in events), the event is simply "promote whoever fulfills the Lord role", demoting them if they were already promoted. Though that's just speculation on my part.

21 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

I posted a patch for removing his forced promotion in chapter 21/21x, making it happen on another chapter shouldnt be hard.

Forced_Promotion_Fix.ups

2 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

I posted a patch for removing his forced promotion in chapter 21/21x, making it happen on another chapter shouldnt be hard.

Forced_Promotion_Fix.ups

I see. Guess I will try using this then, if you don't mind that is. When does he promote on this patch? Also, what tools did you use for this? 

Edited by DiogoJorge

3 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Alright, now how do I know it works whitout having to go all the way to his new promotion point? When does he?

You misunderstood what i said, my patch only removes roy's promotion at chapter 21/21x, but if you want me to make him promote as a certain chapter, ill do it.

On 28/07/2017 at 5:05 PM, Kirb1337 said:

You misunderstood what i said, my patch only removes roy's promotion at chapter 21/21x, but if you want me to make him promote as a certain chapter, ill do it.

My bad.

I would rather try and do it myself, any tools you can point me to that one can use for this?

Edited by DiogoJorge

13 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

Event assembler.

Thank you. I will see if I can put this to work.

Edit: Afraid not. I have no experience with binary numbers and hexes, and it would take years for me to master this. The best thing I ever did with those was copy paste the hex code of the stats of Dark Breath (Idoun's weapon) with the Binding Blade's stats hex so that she has extra DEF and RES.

Sorry to trouble you, but I guess I will take on your proposal. Assuming that isn't too much work for you. The end of Chapter 15 or 16 should do it. 14 probably would work as well, but I'm not sure everyone uses Roy as much as I do, so some might not have leveled him to 20 at that point.

Then I will just have to use the promotion fix you sugested  to remove the  chapter 21/chapter 21x promotion event.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Another alternative is to have Roy as a Great Lord from the get-go and use that patch to remove the promotion. Roy will have higher bases, on the other hand though, his growths would have to be ridiculously big to make up for the fact that he only levels 19 levels. Not exactly ideal. on other hand, since Roy will level up very slowly as a promoted unit, at least he won't be overpowered quickly.

Been updating the growths and bases excel file. so that you get an idea of what their current bases and growths are, still not complete though. It goes as far as chapter 9 in terms of possible recruitable characters, with Fir and Shin being the last additions.

Also, if you notice anything wrong with what I wrote and what is really on the game, do note so I can correct it.

Edited by DiogoJorge

It's been updated to the 1.2 version, since I made plenty of changes.

Among those changes there are a few alterations to weapon rank, such as Niime's staff rank being demoted to B. Honestly, I don't think she's that great, but some people insist that she's the best due to Warp Staff, which I don't really care if she's more range due to Apocalypse, but still changed it to B, since nothing of value is truely lost, other than the guys that claim she's broken for this.

• DiogoJorge changed the title to Fire Emblem Binding Blade: Justice For Everyone project *UPDATED*

By the way, if I chance a character's weapon rank, would it affect promotions? 

For instance, there's this knight that I'm thinking of  giving an C rank in axes via the nightmare tools and FE6 modules, would he have that weapon rank upon promotion? 

Edited by DiogoJorge

• DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE PROJECT *UPDATED*
19 hours ago, Tequila said:

Yes, promotion only adds weapon ranks, it doesn't remove them (Ewan's promotion from pupil to shaman and his subsequent loss of his anima rank is hardcoded).

I see. Very usefull information, thank you, it will allow me to customize promotions and make them a bit more unique by giving certain characters an edge over others, all I have to do is to change their weapon rank to the proper level in the character editor.

In this case it was Barthe I gave the C rank in axes, so he can use Killer Axes from the get-go upon promotion.

Other ideas include giving Allan a D rank in axes, Ellen a C rank in Light and a C rank in staves for Sophia. Although I will probably to have to balance the growths a bit further and make Lance,Raigh and Saul slightly better than the respective class sharing comrades  to compensate.

Anyway, at this point I'm more or less or less finished with growths (I will still make adjustements later on) and move on to starting support points and support growths. Make them take a bit less time for most and bit more time for those that are a bit too fast.

Edited by DiogoJorge

1 hour ago, DiogoJorge said:

Other ideas include giving Allan a D rank in axes, Ellen a C rank in Light and a C rank in staves for Sophia. Although I will probably to have to balance the growths a bit further and make Lance,Raigh and Saul slightly better than the respective class sharing comrades  to compensate.

The problem with this solution is that those characters don't have the unpromoted animations for those weapon ranks, which means the game will either default to map animations when it can't find a battle animation or outright crash. Disabling battle animations gets rid of the problem but is not really professional, which is why you see so many people trying to make custom battle sprites like monk with staves or shaman with staves or dancer with magic etc... You can find some good custom battle animations that you can use for free in the Battle and Spell Animations thread but you'll have to learn how to insert them in the game (I never tried but it shouldn't be too difficult).

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

The problem with this solution is that those characters don't have the unpromoted animations for those weapon ranks, which means the game will either default to map animations when it can't find a battle animation or outright crash. Disabling battle animations gets rid of the problem but is not really professional, which is why you see so many people trying to make custom battle sprites like monk with staves or shaman with staves or dancer with magic etc... You can find some good custom battle animations that you can use for free in the Battle and Spell Animations thread but you'll have to learn how to insert them in the game (I never tried but it shouldn't be too difficult).

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I'm raising their ranks, so that when they promote, they have those rank levels right after promoting. Not to use on their base class.

For them to actually be able to wield those weapons and thus glitch the game, I would have to change the class weapons ranks, not the character's weapon ranks. Those are two separate matters.

EDIT: I understand what you are trying to say. I didn't expect the increase in weapon ranks to actually make them visible in the status screen and thus make them usuable by the base class. This is a problem. Guess I should give up on that idea and rather increase the weapon rank of the promoted class instead. A pity, I was hoping to give everyone a bit more of individuality upon promotion.

Edited by DiogoJorge

23 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

EDIT: I understand what you are trying to say. I didn't expect the increase in weapon ranks to actually make them visible in the status screen and thus make them usuable by the base class. This is a problem. Guess I should give up on that idea and rather increase the weapon rank of the promoted class instead. A pity, I was hoping to give everyone a bit more of individuality upon promotion.

I believe you can still make Ellen distinct from Saul, Gwendolyn from Barthe/Bors and Sophia from Raigh, since different genders of the same class are techically different classes, so you might be able to change stats of one gender, but not the other. As for cavs... tough luck, they all use the same class.

One thing you can do to differentiate Allen from Lance is to make one of them focus on swords rather than lances.

4 hours ago, Kruggov said:

I believe you can still make Ellen distinct from Saul, Gwendolyn from Barthe/Bors and Sophia from Raigh, since different genders of the same class are techically different classes, so you might be able to change stats of one gender, but not the other. As for cavs... tough luck, they all use the same class.

One thing you can do to differentiate Allen from Lance is to make one of them focus on swords rather than lances.

Yeah, I can do that. Thanks for the idea.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE V 1.4 *NEW UPDATE*

Right now, I've made some progress on figuring out the bases of some characters that are dependant on Hard mode bonuses and thus I'm almost finished with the bases and growth list showing the changes.

I had to change some character's bases and growths as I realized that some characters had a bit too much stats or a bit too little, so the revised excel file will not be fully accurate compared to the 1.4 version. In the next version, everything should be as it should.