Would you like to see multiple paths in a possible FE10 remake?

Would you like to see multiple paths in FE10?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see multiple paths in FE10?

• yes
    • no
    • dunno yet
  2. 2. How many routes would you like to see?

• 2 (DB + GMs)
    • 3 (DB + GMs + CKs)
    • 1 (no multiple routes)

I guess this is the most hypothetic question I've asked yet, so I don't expect too much from this thread.

Anyways if a possible remake of FE10 should make it, would you like to have two separate routes where you fight the other army?
One route is the DB and the other one the GM's.
It should work as in FE8 where you can choose your army (probably works best in the beginning).

The reason why I came up with this idea is that FE10 is a very long game already. I'm fairly sure it has the most main story maps of all FE parts yet. And it's still not enough for the DB. It lacks on maps compared to the GM's. They tend to be underleveled and need more chapters to grow.

As for the story part 3 is rushed. You don't get to know anything what happened after Pelleas's crowning. Izuka left, that's it! Suddenly Micaiah decides to start fighting against her own will just because Pelleas wants. There are too many plot holes which could and should be fixed in a remake. 

Some chapters are available in both routes like 3-7, 3-13 and 3-F where you contral the army whose route you chosed.

Edited by Reimu Hakurei

The only route should be the Dawn Brigade route, make everything about them!

Not unless it's just an extra to the original way the game worked.  I feel removing that structure entirely would make it less a FE10 remake and more a new game loosely inspired by FE10.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

Get rid of the DB completely, they're boring and they suck as units compared to the others.

In all seriousness, I don't really know for sure. But if we get multiple paths, don't sell them as multiple games. I feel like that did not help the story, characters, or players much. It was more money just to get the full Fates experience. It felt like a cashgrab.

Make it more like Sacred Stones where we choose which lord to follow. That way, Ike, Micaiah, and even Elincia can all have more or less equal attention and fans can choose which of the three they like best. And I can stick with just Ike and Elincia and not be forced to use a mage lord with crappy stats.

Edited by Anacybele

Radically altering the structure and story of RD would be quite controversial, as would radically altering any game in a remake.

Adding pre-3-6 post-1-F fights to the DB would require a new foe- as the Begnion Occupation Army is gone by that point, and who would that foe be? The only alternative would be to integrate what would basically be a "Peace in Daein" VN segment. I wouldn't be against it, nor really for it, provided it was optional and skippable. As for fights post-3-6 and before the end of P3, maybe one or two fights where Daein tries to pass through Crimea to unite with their Begnion "allies" in Gallia, but which Crimea rejects through force. This could also make a little more room to Elincia if we wanted that.

I wouldn't mind a hypothetical alternate ending path to P3. One where the chaos doesn't hit the limit and Ike and Miccy team up and defeat the Senate.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

In all seriousness, I don't really know for sure. But if we get multiple paths, don't sell them as multiple games. I feel like that did not help the story, characters, or players much. It was more money just to get the full Fates experience. It felt like a cashgrab.

I'd have to agree with this - if they go down the multiple paths route, at least make it in one game. I remember in the early days of the Gamecube when Sonic Adventure 2 came out and feature different paths, and when you completed both the third and final path which acted as a conclusion became available - this could work well with the endgame/part four as the final part of the game after you've seen both sides of the perspectives.

Just now, Zelgius said:

I'd have to agree with this - if they go down the multiple paths route, at least make it in one game. I remember in the early days of the Gamecube when Sonic Adventure 2 came out and feature different paths, and when you completed both the third and final path which acted as a conclusion became available - this could work well with the endgame/part four as the final part of the game after you've seen both sides of the perspectives.

Yep, this would be an interesting way to go, for sure.

In all seriousness, I don't really know for sure. But if we get multiple paths, don't sell them as multiple games.

I added this to my OP.
It was a bit confusing to mention FE14 since each route was an own game.
It shall be made in one game where you can choose your army at a certain time like in FE8 (probably directly in the beginning).

Idk if a prolog makes sense storywise where you can control both parties before you choose one, because GM's chapters take place after DB's in the timeline.

Not multiple paths, but I think maybe taking Gaiden/SoV's route of having 2 simultaneous paths would work better for the DB and GM. Splitting it up in that way would give the DB more maps to go through without having to take away from the Greil Mercs. That and I think the overworld map is a better system for Fire Emblem as a whole. Something about seeing the map, where you are actually at, etc really helps it. 

Edited by Tolvir

I feel that maybe doing something similar to what FE7 did and give each lord their own mode. Like have one for Ike, one for Micaiah, and maybe even one for Elincia. I feel that would give Micaiah and Elincia more of the relevance that they deserved imo, as Ike pretty much takes over the whole plot by part 4, which is rather frustrating to me. 

Though, I'm not so sure how that would work without splitting the game in 2, at least, since there's just so much that could be explored though each of their point of views.

Paths? Sure, why not. I'd be pleased either way as long as there's more time spent with groups other than the Greil Mercenaries. People mention the obvious Dawn Brigade and the Crimean Royal Knights, but I also wanna see some more Laguz Alliance (sans GMs) and Laguz Emancipation Army. Maps where you only get regular Laguz like Ranulf would be interesting.

2 hours ago, Elincia said:

Though, I'm not so sure how that would work without splitting the game in 2, at least, since there's just so much that could be explored though each of their point of views.

Yeah, I feel like RD could've worked out better as two games and making Tellius a trilogy. Micaiah and the DB would've probably been much better written and all. Ike doesn't even need to be excluded here, he could be an antagonist for a little while and then get recruited towards the end. And in game 3, it's the Ike and Elincia show only again, with Micaiah's party joining late.

I personally wouldn't like fighting against Ike for obvious reasons, but if it makes sense and is done well, I can live with it. :P

I actually liked the structure of RD, there was something about it that made it feel more epic.

When you play through the Birthright and Conquest (and technically Revelation) paths, you are creating an "alternate universe" of sorts -- one of three possible paths that could have happened depending on the actions of one person. Radiant Dawn is a story of different groups, some opposing one another at different times, who are coming together in the end for the same purpose. Unlike Fates, it's one story in one universe, not one of branching paths, and I think it should always be one story in one universe. Multiple paths would just make it another Fates.

However, I would like it if each of the different factions were expanded on. Give Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade more spotlight; it bothered me how part 1 felt like a condensed PoR except with Daein as the good guys, but without nearly as much character development and chapters. It'd be nice to have a bit more expansion on Elincia's part, although I'm having a hard time figuring how to make it longer without pointless fillers. Ike being in part 3 is fine with me, but I'd like it if part 3 had more chapters in general and more chapters in which we could use Micaiah's team. Part 4 could've maybe had one more chapter with each of the three teams.

EDIT: So, what I'm trying to say is that RD does something that no other FE really did. It let you play as different factions in the same game, and no I don't count Fates because the whole "separate games" thing is technically cheating. RD really gave you the feel that each side has its own reasons for fighting, that even if it's not "objectively right" it may still be worth fighting for in the eyes of another person. It does not let you stay with one faction for long, and I like that because it really shows how in the end, we are all just fighting to protect the ones we love.

Edited by Sunwoo

They'd have to really rework the game to make that happen. As it is, RD tells its story linearly, sequentially. So when you finish up the major plot points of the Dawn Brigade, you move on to the Crimean military immediately afterward, then you move on to the Greil Mercenaries as they show up to help Crimea. From there, you swap between the DB and GM as major story beats happen for them, and then everyone comes together, and it's really only for a few chapters that multiple major battles happen at once.

It'd probably be more effort than it's worth(Since there's a chance it'd piss people off if they reworked the story too much) to try to make it so that you could move all the armies at will.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Part 4 could've maybe had one more chapter with each of the three teams.

Part 4 pre-Tower is a little filler-ish. Not totally so, but adding another chapter to each group, though desirable from a gameplay perspective, I'm not so sure of it working in plot. Sanaki and Micaiah could spend the new Dawn Army chapter realizing they're sisters, but what could the Greil and Hawk Armies get?

We could've used a clash in Sienne though- it was a terrible shame not having that.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It'd be nice to have a bit more expansion on Elincia's part, although I'm having a hard time figuring how to make it longer without pointless fillers.

Agreed, while Part 2 might proceed a little too fast, it is very well written. Sure, the idea of Ludveck's lackeys going around recruiting and speaking his name out in open is a little off, so was letting Lucia investigate him, and Ludveck could've used an named ally or two (who he'd throw under the bus), and then there was the Ike spotlight steal at the end. But despite all these flaws, Part 2 was still a solid short story and messing with it could ruin this.

I feel that maybe doing something similar to what FE7 did and give each lord their own mode. Like have one for Ike, one for Micaiah, and maybe even one for Elincia. I feel that would give Micaiah and Elincia more of the relevance that they deserved imo, as Ike pretty much takes over the whole plot by part 4, which is rather frustrating to me

It wouldn't work for an other reason.
All the characters need to be autoleveled.
For example if you play "Ike Mode", you'll have to deal with a level 1 tier 1 Micaiah in part 4. 
It's not impossible to implement this idea, but all the units need a different starting level than in the original.
Third tier should be removed enitrely because it just gave the player the advantage and it's not possible to give the other two fractions enough levels due to their limited availibility.
I'd say each lord (Micaiah, Elincia, Ike) should start level 1 tier 1 not to give anyone a (dis)advantage.

As for the class skills the occult skills could be brought back and you could use them in tier 2.

I don't see that much of a problem that Elincia's and Ike's party are merged in 3-10. I think it could work to make Lucia playable from 3-9 and Elincia from 3-11 on at least.

I actually liked the structure of RD, there was something about it that made it feel more epic.

Personally I see it that way too since it has a straight timeline.
However I think it could be even more amazing if you really fight for Micaiah against Ike to destroy the senate to get a "chaotic" ending.

Yeah, my idea is originally based on the SMT series.

save for adding a couple of extra chapters for the DB I feel like the game would be just fine as is.

now let's talk DLC. Recruit BK, anna, and rajion as early as pt 1 ch 1 (retcon alternate universe rajion where kuth is dead). class change micaiah, Ike and sothe early. and shameless beach DLC for DB GM and whatever elincia's faction is called. and let's not forget amiibo...

Edited by thecrimsonflash

• 3 weeks later...

It might actually be a more coherent way of doing it actually.  Although I definitely would only go with 2 paths being the DB and GM I think 3 and trying to figure out a way to involve the CK especially early game would be tough and might make it feel a little to out of focus.  Another potential way of doing it would be DB and CK with the Greil mercenaries being added to the CK path midgame. 

• 1 month later...

I agree that there should be the ability to route split in the second half of part three. Think about it, part three has a total of 15 chapters which is pretty insane. What is even worse is that the cover girl of the game gets only 3 chapters to play in out of the 15 chapters. If you get to choose which faction you want to play as you'll get to see the battle from their perspective so it allows the game to flesh out the dawn brigade even further. The way the story is written, the first time player will almost certainly choose Ike's team as opposed to Micaiah's which could serve as an excuse to make the Daein route the more difficult of the two, which it should logically be. This way there won't be any unusual difficulty spikes. Also for some players, I believe the constant switches in the latter half of part three became annoying. 

As for part 4, most of its beginning is filler so instead of three routes, I'd make two routes instead. This way, we can see what Micaiah and Sothe's reaction to fighting Izuka will be as well as the reaction of Pelleas and Tauroneo while fighting Duke Numida. The only other plot-important chapters are the Oliver one and the fight with Valtome and those can go to Ikes's route.  

On 7/26/2017 at 0:17 AM, Byakuren Hijiri said:

However I think it could be even more amazing if you really fight for Micaiah against Ike to destroy the senate to get a "chaotic" ending.

I was thinking of unlocking a bad ending by killing Ike or Micaiah while playing as the other faction. Only available on a second playthrough though. 

I don't think it's a good idea. While I don't think the Part-style of storytelling was executed as well as it could've been, the game was clearly built around it. To implement multiple paths in Radiant Dawn would require creating several new chapters for the Dawn Brigade. They already take the lead in Part 1 and there's no conflict occurring in Daein during Part 2. That only leaves chapters to be placed during Part 3, but the Dawn Brigade only fights against the Greil Mercenaries at a few points, with the majority of the conflict being the Greil Mercenaries going against Begnion. The Dawn Brigade could potentially fight against other parts of the Laguz Alliance, but the commanding Laguz are with the Greil Mercenaries, so it seems hard to justify it. Extra chapters would be beneficial to help the Dawn Brigade catch up to the Greil Mercenaries, but considering the lead held by them in terms of level, there would need to be a lot of extra chapters to make that work. Radiant Dawn is already the longest Fire Emblem game I've currently played, I don't think it needs any expansions.

And the idea of a multiple path system opens up the possibility of more story presentation issues. A complaint I have with Sacred Stones is that it feels like you can't get the complete story experience in one playthrough because there is important information on both routes. With a plot as dense as Radiant Dawn's, it could make the story harder to follow (not to mention the amount of story information that is locked behind a second playthrough) and while letting the player access both paths on one playthrough would help alleviate this, it once again comes back to the problem that a nearly 60-hour game would take even more time to finish.

Radiant Dawn was built around the Part structure and I don't think changing it would improve the game as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly wouldn't mind either. At least then there would be a better chance of telling a more developed story for Micaiah. Perhaps do something like Hyrule Warriors where you need to complete all branches to make it to the end. Given that the original didn't sell all that well in either Japan or overseas, I don't think there's much to lose by radically reworking the Tellius games. It was ambitious back then, and its remakes should be just as ambitious, if not more.

Edited by henrymidfields

Ultimately a split paths approach to a FE10 remake while on the one hand it might drastically change the game experience to the point that most players prefer the original. At the same time if done right I think something like this could definitely improve the game and story. Another improvement is instead of skipping over battles and only have them narrated (this happens in Part 1) actually turn those narrated battles into maps that the player and the Dawn Brigade fight on. So while I might be wary of such a change I think that if it was handled right it could fix a lot of the balancing problems this game has, and overall improve this game for the better. Which would be great as the Radiant Dawn is my favorite game, I still have not played Path of Radiance sadly mainly because my Wii won't run Gamecube games which is aggravating and I do not have a Gamecube. But I have few ideas in mind to address this I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

If a remake was done I would like it if the remake included FE 9 & 10 in one game and I would also like it if the growths and bases for some units were adjusted for example give Micaiah a higher speed growth, Meg better strength and defense bases and growths, give Fiona MUCH better bases, adjust the growths of most laguz. Like decrease their luck stat growth which is unnecessarily high and put it into stats like strength, speed and defense, this is especially on laguz units that the player is more likely to use like Skrimir and Volug although I think it can also apply to Mordecai and Muraim. Lastly I would have it that the Satori signs allow Laguz to learn both their respective mastery skill (Roar, Savage, Tear, Ire etc.) but also give them the Formshift skill. Maybe some would disagree but I've always thought that laguz who acquire a high enough level should be able to achieve this skill.

Even if a remake doesn't get made I would at least be happy with a re release of Radiant Dawn and by association Path of Radiance.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:49 AM, Vaximillian said:

Blueberry Saga Part Two is unsalvageable.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

On 7/26/2017 at 12:17 AM, Byakuren Hijiri said:

Personally I see it that way too since it has a straight timeline.

Yeah, my idea is originally based on the SMT series.

SMT doesn't belong everywhere even if it sounds cool, I've tried that before. SMT is incredibly bleak and grey from the beginning to end, Fire Emblem has clear heroes and bad guys in every game. An SMT Chaos route requires a Chaos ideology (SMTI, II, SJ, DS, IV) or at minimum an anti-Law authority stance (III's True Demon Ending, DS2's Anguished One and Daichi non-Restorer endings) to work. And fighting Ike to destroy the Senate is like fighting Hoshido to destroy Garon- it's farfetched.

While I'm all for improvement- an expanded P1, maybe a little more P2, a couple minor story tweaks, more characterization, and gameplay fixes, I'm wary of doing a path split with different endings. Fates tried that, it didn't work out. Plus, RD needs its single path ending with Medallion break to unload the revelations.

I'd be okay with an alternate NG+ ending along the lines of Bravely Default's alternate ending- it's incomplete, but it ends perfectly positively on a good note. Micaiah manages to send word to Ike of the Blood Pact without the Senate knowing, the two then fake battling each other to trick the Senate into thinking Daein is loyal, while keeping the chaos manageable, casualties low, and letting the LA get to the Begnion border. Daein then betrays the Senate knowing they can't fake loyalty any longer, Micaiah decides they must make the sacrifice as it's the best for Daein and the world. The LA, Crimea, Sanaki's Begnion faction and Daein all then team up to quickly smash the Senate and do so before Lehran's Medallion shatters. They do, thus foiling Sephiran's plans for now, the Daein Blood Pact is also found and destroyed with Lekain. Everyone lives happily ever after, not aware that Sephiran will try to plan another world suicide.