Return of the Emblem Chapter Fifteen: Alliance

Phoenix

Eva even had some kind words for Daichi himself. She really was a delightful person to be around. It was too bad that she didn't know what bothered his son so often -- which he gathered from her northern analogy -- but she at least had some experience with him. And then, she expressed her own gratitude. Truly delighted that he could have made her first day in his home country enjoyable despite the family drama, and amused that he hadn't thought of giving her that northern greeting earlier, Daichi took Eva's extended hand in his own and gave it a cordial shake.

Then, once he'd released it and took a moment to enjoy the current, pleasant emotions he was experiencing, Daichi looked back to Sasha. "Ah, your wyban... Did you want to wait for your companions near it?"

As it stood, they hadn't moved very far, but were still closer to the Emi Maru than to the Darklighter Idolus. It seemed a little odd to be so close to the wyvern without actually waiting by it.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, he caught that much. She shook his hand and almost sighed; it was so shocking to meet someone so nice, right off the boat. Maybe Kigen was going to be really good for the group? Maybe. She almost missed Daichi pointing Sasha out, stuck in her pleasant musings. "Oh! Right. Ahhhaha, sorry. You've probably got things to do. It was very nice talking to you, Mr. Kazemi. I hope Norbert comes back soon. Best of luck!" Eva smiled wide, turning to--

"Oh, hey!" It took her a moment to recognize her, but that was definitely Angelica, coming off the boat. Her smile was still apparent, hopefully the mage didn't think it was too odd. She waved for her to come over, resting back against Sasha with a confident sigh. "<Today's gonna be a good day.>" The wyvern could only grunt in response.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Well, that was a little awkward. But, it couldn't be helped. Daichi gave a subtle signal to his subordinates to follow, and followed Eva to her mount. Giving her an awkward smile, he corrected, "Actually, Eba-san, I was hoping we could wait with you. I still would like to speak with your boss, after all. You did say that we could meet him. I promise that we will not be a bother. We will just wait politely." It looked like she had someone else she needed to talk to, after all.

Huh... Had she messed something up at the end? They were all coming over... Oh. She ran fingers through the back of her hair in embarrassment, looking away a second. "S-Sorry... Haha. I must have misunderstood. Of course, you're all free to wait here. I don't know how long Amon is going to be-- that's his name, by the way, Amon... But, I can always ask my friend there," she pointed Angelica out, "to check on him, if necessary."

"Ah, that will not be necessary, but thank you. We are content to wait here patiently for others in your group to arrive. It sounds like a large group, if you have mercenaries and merchants with you, so we understand that it may take some time. Your leader must be very busy," Daichi responded.

Then, he informed his men, <"We will wait here to meet her leader.">

<"Yes, sir."> They responded.

Daichi frowned a little at them. <"Please relax. I already told you that we are not here to arrest anyone...">

The response was a little more mixed, but it more or less carried the same basic meaning as their earlier "yes, sir." Well, at least it was better. Daichi gave them a helpless smile before returning his attention to Eva, her wyvern, the person she had just pointed out -- another woman -- and the ship beyond them.

~~~~~~~~~~

It hadn't taken long at all for Norbert and Rizen to cut through Arugai and come out the other side. As it turned out, the place was wide, but shallow, and farmland was scattered beyond it. Once he found a secluded place to sort out his thoughts, and came out of his thoughtless, instinct-driven state, Bert dismounted the pegasus and sat down under the tree they'd stopped by.

Rizen tried prodding her rider to make sure he was okay, but he kept pushing her nose away. So, she started grazing. And dang, this grass tasted sooo good! Especially after being on those floating, dead trees again. Ugh. At least they didn't hurt her hooves to walk on like that other one had. And that was about the extent of her musing. Her rider, however, had a lot to deal with.

At first, all he could do was brood as he tried sorting out everything. He's wrong. Norbert thought. He isn't my father. I don't know how he knew all that about me, and my mother, but I'm Ursian. There's not one thing about me that's even remotely Kigenese. I can't even pronounce Kigenese names right! Especially when he tried reading them, rather than learning from listening to people say them.

Norbert's mind took him back to how he had come to the conclusion that the man must have known his mother, on his own. He forced that observation away again. He's too different from me. We have nothing in common! It wasn't entirely true. Norbert and he shared some features, despite living in completely different countries. If the Kigenese man had been younger, before his hair became lighter and more silvery in color, then it would have been the same as his own, for example. The man's first question had been how old he was...as if lining up the timeline for when-- No; stop it. Bert shoved the thoughts away again. We're completely different. I was raised Ursian. I don't know the first thing about being Kigenese! None of it's natural to me!

He knew how to be Ursian. He knew their customs, their history, their religion... Heck, he even knew a little bit of Ancient Ursian! He rode a pegasus for crying out loud! Kigen had always been so...foreign. Even more so than Neviskotia. He couldn't just suddenly adopt all that! This had to be a mistake! And what were the odds of running into his birth father as soon as he stepped into Kigen, anyway? This was some scheme or...or something!

No, his real home was up in Ursium's northern mountains: the Ursian Pegasus Orphanage for Girls. It was where he had been born, and it was where he had been raised. He didn't know anywhere else until he was seventeen years old. Who cared if it had "for girls" in its name? It was his home. It was where Nigel, his help, and all of Norbert's sisters had lived -- and where some still resided. Nigel and his sisters were his family. And this Kigenese guy thought he could interrupt that? He thought he could just announce that he had a part in Norbert's birth and suddenly Bert would be obligated to call him family? To give up his whole life up until this point -- everything he had gone through and everything he identified himself as -- and start all over again in Kigen?

In this moment, he was especially and keenly aware of the rule the sisterhood had. The lack of a surname was your surname. Anyone who gained a surname left the family, just like if a woman got married and changed her name, leaving one family and joining another. It was part of how they kept the sisterhood's numbers in relative check.

Despite how he was treated as a child, Norbert was fiercely loyal to his current family: Father Nigel, and his sisters. Even if he fought his sisters, himself, he would be among the first to defend them from others outside of the family. The reason he had a particular distaste for the Neviskotians was because of how many of his sisters he knew were at risk to their blades, and how many had been hurt by their invasions. Some had lost their parents to Neviskotian attacks, even if they, themselves, never fought their neighboring country.

Bert thought of Darcey, and of Erika. The latter, he hadn't let himself get to know better, really, but she hadn't been hostile. She had even let him and the rest of Raquel's group go, even though she knew he was lying to her. And the former... One of his sisters finally understood him. One of his sisters finally believed him... He finally had a real connection with one of them. And he was supposed to just throw such a precious thing away because of the word of one man?

And Nigel may not have been good at protecting the kids from each other, but he put everything he had into expressing his love for his orphans, and to give them what they needed. And this random stranger wanted to replace him?

Even if he really was his father, where was he when Bert's mother died? Where was he when his sisters would gang up on him and beat him into the snow? Where was he when his sisters would lie about him, and no one would vouch for him?! Where was he when his sisters gave him dirty looks for rumors he hardly knew anything about, and isolated him? Where was he when Bert was continuously told that he was nothing? ...And when, day after day, his sisters made it a point to prove it to him...

And where was he when Bert taught himself to ride a pegasus? Or when he struck out on his own? Or when he became the Crusher, or even any time Bert had been traveling all over the place with emblem-fueled misadventures? Twenty years and the man never came for him. Twenty years of having no one to take care of him -- no one to rely on when it really mattered...except for himself. No, this man stayed in Kigen, never even coming to look for his missing wife and child.

This stranger didn't know anything about him. This stranger had never done anything for him. Norbert had no father.

Edited by Mercakete

This wasn't fair. It just wasn't. She'd been so set on going. Leaving for the sake of the group, so that they wouldn't have to worry about her, so that she wouldn't put them in danger, leaving so that she wouldn't be a burden anymore and then these two just had to... Ruin it. Eva had tried, but at the end of it, she had just been saying the same things Pete had. And even that had left a little seed of doubt in her mind. A seed that these two had managed to fully bring to bloom. As Haruhi, a girl she had met less than a week ago, wrapped her up in a hug, she lost what little control she had and started quietly crying again.

"I... I ju-ust can't... can't be the re-eason one of you dies." Stupid tears, stupid emotions, this was ridiculous. She hated all of it. Ever since she'd talked with Pete, she'd been falling apart. Completely shattered and while she'd managed to hold herself together at least a little bit today, all of that was undone. It was disgusting. She'd set out on her own and had been perfectly happy and content. She'd fought before and had been perfectly fine. Why had everything been so different this last time? "I can't... can't trust myself in battle anymore. I fell... fell apart. I do--don't want to do that again. Do--don't want to distract someone and get them killed..."

And now she was crying, and talking more, and... <Ahhhhh, what is going on!? I don't know! None of them are saying anything I can understand!> Should she let go, should she cry too? What was going on? All she could do was hug her a bit tighter, hand on the back of her head, gently patting it. "I-It okay, Lumi! No cry!" No crying about what, though? Too many things she didn't know.

It was hard to really try to comfort Lumi when he felt like an outsider observer to some things. Thales had never really seen her in battle, but he'd assumed he could handle herself well enough, even after the massacre storm. Perhaps she wasn't actually ready for anything that caliber at all... and he couldn't blame her. Why am I staying, exactly? He thought back to his own predicament, brought into this mess by chance, and now unable to ignore and run away the moment they'd set foot in Kigen. Not only was he worse off on his own there, but... Thales really couldn't turn a blind eye to something of the magnitude he was told, but why?

"If... damn." Thales mumbled, stumbling on his words again. "I don't think you're a burden, but..." It was hard to justify, not actually knowing her for that long. To drag her against her will wasn't going to feel any better, so he sighed, closing his eyes. There wasn't a lot he could do but hope that Lumi could straighten her mind and decide for once. Seeing Haruhi hug her further, Thales decided to join in and hug the both of them, hoping it would at least help her mood a bit.

It seemed Eva had noticed her despite trying to keep a low profile, and had waved her over... she seemed to be finished talking to the Kigenese officer, so it likely wouldn't be too bad... until she actually wasn't done talking to said officer, eliciting a sigh from Angelica as she moved over to the rider... she could only hope things would go well...

"<Yes, what is it, Eva?>" Angelica asked in Neviskotian as she walked over, gently patting Sasha on the snout.

"Big... Is accurate." There were a lot of people in their group, huh? Like... At least twenty... Wow. Eva hadn't really thought of it. But, wait, did that make a big group? She didn't really know what constituted as big... But they had Greta, wagons, a wyvern and a few pegasi to deal with, too. So Daichi was right when he said things would take a bit. At least Angelica was here now, Eva could introduce her.

"<Ah, hey. The soldiers here are really nice! This is Kazemi Daichi. Get this: he's Bert's father. How crazy is that?>" It was a pretty small world, thinking about things. "Oh, sorry, Mr. Kazemi, uh... This is Angelica. She's... M-My girlfriend." A more sheepish smile slipped onto Eva's face, chuckling a bit to herself. It felt nice to say, despite her hesitation.

So much for things going well. Eva had immediately decided to tell an officer of the Kigenese Military about their relationship... in common, so hopefully this was salvageable as a misunderstanding... Gods, she hoped so, but if this was Norbert's father... the mage shuddered. Face growing pale to a point visible even through the makeup she had used to darken her complexion, Angelica put her arm around Eva's shoulders and neck, wrenching her around forcibly as she began to speak to the rider in Neviskotian.

"<ARE YOU CRAZY, EVA? Do you know nothing about Kigen?! Women are second class citizens here! Serving their man is literally their job!>"

Being hugged by both of her new friends was surprisingly uncomfortable given the situation. She had no idea how she was even supposed to respond to this. She let the hug go on for a few seconds before trying to slip out of the hug. "I just... I don't know what to do..." She stared down at the deck, wishing that she could just disappear. She just needed to make a decision, but every time she tried to figure out the way to handle it, she just got stuck in a loop that she couldn't get out of. She just needed a break...

"Wh-- H-Hey!" Rude! And a bit painful, getting pulled around so suddenly. Wait, what? Second class citizens? That wasn't how Daichi had been treating her at all. With a frustrated grunt, she pulled Angelica's arm off of her, shaking her head. "<Look, he's been incredibly kind and patient with me, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. No, I don't know anything about Kigen. You can tell me all about it later, but right now, at least try to be polite... Geez. He's not like his son.>" That should've told Angelica enough, hopefully calming her down. Hopefully.

"S-Sorry about her. Geez... Always gets worried about the smallest things."

Lumi started to squirm, to Haruhi let her go, still not picking up what either of them were saying. She just sat there on the deck, looking at them both, feeling like... Like she could be doing something, if she knew Common. But she didn't... So she was more than useless, right now. "Lumi... Be okay."

It wasn't getting anywhere, and the hug only seemed to be making things awkward for her, so Thales let go as Haruhi did. "I... well, good luck, wherever you go." He really had no say in what she felt, with how soon they've become friends. It wasn't like he could ask her to stay and get away in good conscience. His gaze dropped to the floor, wondering why things had to be that way for her... but he really shouldn't say anything.

"<Sorry, Haruhi. Lumi... think she should leave.>" He started, realizing they probably didn't make a lick of sense to the frustrated Kigenese girl. "<Got... really bad during big boat fight, scared. Think she... weight for us. Bring down group.>" He said, no other synonym for 'burden' really coming to mind quick enough. "<Want, to not see people die because get scared.>"

"<Wait, leave? Right now? Wh-What?>" Haruhi stared at Thales rather shocked, standing up and gawking at Lumi. "<You wanna run away in the face of everything you just saw? Aren't you guys here to do something about that sorta stuff? What good is that going to do!?>" Running away from things... Didn't solve anything. She know that much. With a small glare on her face now, she huffed, folding her arms. "<The only weight you're being is on yourself. Run away, then! See how good you feel about yourself leaving everyone you know to go off and fight something they could die over, while you wait around!>" It was harsh, but there was more than a little projection in her anger. "<You can't even stay to be there for them? Because you're scared for yourself!? What's... That's so...!>"

Starting to get disgusted at the sight of this, and at herself, Haruhi turned and ran off, heading for the docks. <So stupid... Stupid! Her and me both! Running away doesn't solve anything. Even... Even me running from this... Ugh!>

It seemed that Thales had explained what was going on to Haruhi who, now that Lumi thought about it, had likely had no idea what had been going on throughout this whole conversation. Haruhi had taken it poorly from what little Lumi could tell by the tone in her voice as she started not quite yelling at her before running off. "Guess... guess I disappointed her too, huh?" She shook her head and buried her head in hands. She'd even managed to let down the person who couldn't even understand her. "I'll just... Shut up and go away I guess..."

As suspected, their group was large, based on what Eva said. The other woman then arrived, and started speaking in Neviskotian. So, that was two Neviskotians, one southerner, and one Ursian-raised half-Kigenese, half-Ursian... Kind of. Honestly, Daphne herself didn't know anything about her parents, though she assumed they were Ursian...as her son had... Anyway, furthermore, some among this group could speak Kigenese, whether that was where they were from or not. Their leader's name was "Amon"...which really could be from anywhere, in Daichi's opinion. He could pronounce that easily, but it could have been from other places, too. So he would have to see the man, himself, in order to tell anything on that front. And maybe hear him speak. There was someone named Greta -- that sounded Ursian -- and they even had an Avian with them. Indeed, this was a diverse group.

Anyway, the new woman mentioned Eva's name in what she said, and Eva responded in Neviskotian. He heard his name in there -- she actually pronounced it to surprising perfection. Most northerners had trouble with it, especially on their second or third try -- and she looked like she was introducing him, by her body language. He also thought he heard Norbert's name, so that relation was probably being explained. He gave a little, friendly smile and wave to the new woman at that time.

Then, Eva switched to Common and introduced the new woman, after a brief apology. Which, really, she didn't need to do. This other lady probably only spoke Neviskotian, after all, so it was to be expected. He would have told her that, but something she said was...odd. Wasn't a girlfriend the female half of a couple? He thought for sure that had been the case... Daphne had taught him that. The brief memory was absolutely fragrant, too, but he had to focus on the here and now, and so only offered it a small, short smile. Perhaps the term also meant other things. Or, maybe it wasn't the compounded version, and all of Eva's other friends were men, so this was her one, female friend, whom she was very close to. That was probably it. It made the most sense to him, anyway. Women always seemed to have that one, special, fellow woman whom they shared everything with. It was a delightful thing to observe.

But then, Eva's special friend did something...odd. And, really, kind of impressive, given the height difference. She turned Eva around and began yelling at her in Neviskotian. It was really the former that was actually impressive. Daichi wound up just staring blankly, wondering if he'd said or done something wrong. He heard "Kigen" in there... He also heard it in Eva's annoyed response to this woman. Oh... Wait, maybe that was it. Kigenese men didn't have a very good reputation with foreign women, from what little he'd heard over the years. Eva's friend must have been worried that he was up to some kind of no good, and was trying to protect her. It was sweet, but also a little alarming.

Eva then turned around and apologized to him, noting that Angelica worried over small things. Maybe he was right, then. Giving the two a concerned look, he told them, "That is fine, Eba-san. I am not certain if you are worried about being around Kigenese men, but you do not need to be distressed around me. I have no intention of doing anything bad to you."

He wished he could have included his men in that reassurance, but he honestly didn't know how they would behave if left alone with the foreign women. He hoped that they would behave themselves, but it wasn't as though he observed them in that sort of circumstance, and he couldn't account for everything both parties would consider acceptable or unacceptable.

"Ah..." Ouch, it was a good thing Lumi couldn't really understand her, because those were things that would hurt her a lot in that state. Should he even try to translate it? "I... she didn't like the sound of it... yeah. She thinks you're only being a burden to yourself, that it's because of stuff like what we saw that everybody is going to try their hardest. That everybody would want you to be there for them, at least." It made some sense, but it wasn't the most tasteful thing to say to somebody so shaken. "I... don't know what to say, like before, I'm sad that you're going away more than anything, because... yeah, we might not see each other again." He winced just thinking of that.

Standing up to help keep his emotions checked, Thales at least tried to offer a sad smile back. "We haven't met that long ago, but, uh, I'll miss you. Just... don't go dying out there, I'll try not to here, okay?" It really sucked to be saying farewell to Lumi so soon. "At least... even if our other promise is broken, I'd like to see you again someday." It would also put him in an awkward spot, having one of the people that recruited him bail so briefly after. "Ah... I should go... go find Haruhi, she shouldn't go out alone before the rest of the group. I'll... I'll see you before we drop off for good, okay?" It could at least take a while before the ship departed, right? He could come back one last time... but right now, he needed to go and find that crazy Kigenese girl before she got herself on trouble, and thus he sprinted to the docks.

"Ahh, I'm not exactly worried... Though, that is mostly because I don't really know how people here view that sort of relationship. In Neviskotia, at least, two women being partners isn't the norm, but it isn't frowned upon. Angelica is worried that it is, here... Which, she might be right. I'm not the most knowledgeable." She offered another awkward smile and played with her hair again, before uttering a small, "oh!"

"Angelica is one of the people on board that speaks Kigenese! She knows a lot of languages, actually... How many was it, hun? Three, four?" She couldn't remember the exact number, but it was a lot. "So, she can help if you need translations for things in talks. The others that I know of are, uh... There is a man named Shadrak, and a woman named Hoshi. Do you know if there are any others?" She looked at Angelica as she asked that, wondering if there was a name she missed.

Haruhi ran off the boat, down the docks, running her breath ragged before collapsing behind a crate, hands holding her face. She started crying, slamming a fist into the box behind her, so mad at herself and Lumi. Mad at herself from running from Kigen in the first place. Mad at herself for getting so upset at someone who was doing the same. Mad at Lumi for not thinking of her friends, just... Just herself. "Hypocrite." It was probably the biggest word she knew in Common, labeling herself with the term. "<And stupid...>" What good did getting so upset do, for anyone. No good, that's what. Emotions were foolish, weren't they? Why have them if they just did ridiculous things to you and you couldn't control them...

From the looks of it, this man hadn't quite understood what Eva meant, and had assumed that she had been giving the Neviskotian a general warning with regards to Kigenese men... which wasn't wholly inaccurate, but was something she could work with... until Eva blatantly explained exactly what she had meant, just in case there was any chance of it being unclear. Perfect, just perfect. The assertion that this man wasn't like Norbert could mean a lot of things, but he didn't seem temperamental, which was a start... maybe?

"<I am right, Eva, which is why I tried to stop you. I hope that by 'not like Norbert' you meant the least xenophobic man on the continent because if not we're going to be on the run again before most of us even get off the damn boat.>" Angelica cursed in Neviskotian once again, as Eva continued to blather on without a care in the world.

"Three and a half, if you want to get technical." Angelica replied again, this time in common, watching the lead Kigenese man along with his troop like a hawk, waiting for any outburst that would spell their short-lived stint of being welcome within a country.

That wasn't... it couldn't be. Not so soon, right? Squinting at the visage of a young girl running off a boat that she vaguely recognized, and huddling behind a crate on the docks, Rin shook her head in disbelief. It had barely been two weeks, how... why was Haruhi back in Kigen? After dragging her ass through the countryside to get this girl to the coast, so she would have a chance at a life outside of this oppressive regime... she was back, barely even having left at all. Letting a long sigh escape her lips, the lithe young woman made her way towards the cowering dark mage, squatting next to her before making a sound.

"<I know I said we'd welcome you back if you wanted to fight the good fight, Haruhi. But I never thought I would see you again so soon.>"

Oh goodness, there she was. Thales cut his sprint short for a moment to glance at the many Kigenese men gathered in front of Eva and Angelica --what was up with that?--, hoping nothing too wrong was going on, he slowed down his pace as his eyes caught Haruhi... ducking behind some crates? Well, at least she stopped running... "<O-oi...>" He spoke up, slow steps towards the crate, "Haruhi--" However, somebody also seemed to have shown up, one girl that seemed to be speaking directly with Haruhi as well. What? "<...Huh? You know Haruhi?>" He said, a bit cautious. Who in the gate was this stranger danger?

Partners? Ah, that. Yeah, not many women ran businesses in Kigen, and it was indeed frowned upon, but since they were foreigners, that shouldn't have been a problem. Probably best to clarify that. It was interesting to hear that there weren't many businesses run by women in Neviskotia, too, though. And, evidently, Angelica knew many languages, including Kigenese. She must have just been wary, earlier, which was why she stayed in her native language. He could understand that. She must have been the one who negotiated deals with people in foreign countries. Evidently, she would be happy to help with translations when speaking with other people in their group. There was also a man named Shadrak, and a woman named Hoshi. Obviously, Hoshi had a Kigenese name. Maybe she was likewise from his home country. <"Hoshi" is a pretty name.>

Angelica began speaking in Neviskotian to Eva again, mentioning her name and Norbert's name. She still seemed fairly cross. Maybe she just didn't like them running off ahead. Then, she spoke in Common, saying some numbers. Was that having to do with what she had just said, or in answer to Eva's question about languages? She didn't look like she trusted him, the way she was looking at him. He tried to give her a smile, but his sincerity made it seem a little nervous. <"Well,> Miss Angelica, <welcome to Kigen."> Managing a happier smile, he added as he rested his hands on his hips, <"I hope your business venture goes well while you and your partners are here.">

To both of them, he said, "You are foreigners, so hopefully, most people will be understanding of the difference in culture."

Edited by Mercakete

"O--oh. Go--good." That confirmed that at least. All she was was a disappointment. Even Thales was disappointed in her now. He said he wanted to see her again, but that didn't make any sense. He was probably just trying to be nice... She watched him run off after Haruhi and smiled sadly. At least he still had one friend to care about. She slowly stood up, pulling the saddlebags off of Star. "No need for you to keep these on anymore... Guess you're going to be stuck on the boat for a while longer though." She gave him a small pat on his neck before throwing the bags over her shoulder. Looking around, she spotted Pete up by the Avians and Amon. She hesitated, considering going and saying goodbye to him, but she couldn't face him right now. "Later... I'll do it later." I should just go and put my stuff back down below... Get away from people for a bit...

"<I mean, like, respectful and patient. He's already bowed to me, and stuff. I talked to him about his son. He seems like a really genuinely nice guy.>" Did Angelica have some bad past here? She'd told Eva some of the things about herself, but nothing involving Kigen. Or maybe she was just worried about it in general. Well, no need to be, it looked like!

"Really? Wow. See, you had nothing to worry about!" she laughed, with eyes on Angelica. "I bet I could kiss you right now and no one would bat an eye. Well, alright, they might bat an eye, but, we wouldn't get in trouble. You were all worried over nothing, hun." Eva elbowed Angelica with a smile, hoping she'd open up to getting along with the man.

"<Ahhh!>" Haruhi yelped and sent a fist flying, obviously missing as Rin quickly dodged. She'd pressed herself right up against the box, scowling with her slightly puffy eyes at the older woman. "<Don't. Ever! Do that!>" Ugh, to make matters worse, here was Thales, running after her. Why? He should've been staying with Lumi to try and cheer her up! "<And what're you doing here!? Go back to sob story! You're supposed to be making her feel better, aren't you? You like her, don't you?>" What was this fresh mess... Stuck between an idiot and a dangerous woman.