Second Bond Conversation-- Mercer/Merc I mean Chrom/Ryoma

The DanMan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation

Ryouma: However, I've finally started to see your sword-fighting style through our repeated fights*. Until now they've been pretty even matches, but next time I might beat you.

Chrom: What? Like that's gonna happen! I've also just gotten used to the Hoshidan sword-fighting style. At first I was confused by your known stance/posture**, but now I can deal with anything.

Ryouma: How dare you say that? I've also already seen everything the Ylissean sword-fighting style has to offer!

*Couldn't think of a word in English to really describe this, like a sparring match but a bit more intense

**Martial arts posture, probably referring to how Ryouma holds and wields his sword

That being said it seems like the beginning of this conversation was cut off, so again just another short clip of a not full conversation.

Edited by Torii

45 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I feel like they're standing just 2 inceshes to close

Blame the lobster armor.

11 minutes ago, Torii said:

Translation

Ryouma: However, I've finally started to see your sword-fighting style through our repeated fights*. Until now they've been pretty even matches, but next time I might win beat you.

Chrom: What? Like that's gonna happen! I've also just gotten used to the Hoshidan sword-fighting style. At first I was confused by your known stance/posture**, but now I can deal with anything.

Ryouma: How dare you say that? I've also already seen everything the Ylissean sword-fighting style has to offer!

*Couldn't think of a word in English to really describe this, like a sparring match but a bit more intense

**Martial arts posture, probably referring to how Ryouma holds and wields his sword

That being said it seems like the beginning of this conversation was cut off, so again just another short clip of a not full conversation.

But doesn't Ryoma essentially fight like Lon'qu?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Blame the lobster armor.

I dont think lon'qu holds his stance like ryomas. and im pretty sure lon'qu doesnt have a mean kick like ryoma does as well. so im sure its different enough to throw off chrom.

Somehow, I just knew they were gonna scrap.

40 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

By that logic, basically anyone who happens to fall into the same class fights the same. I wouldn't put too much stock into in-game animations, since they get re-used all the time.

EDIT: a contradicting example being, Marth & Lucina

Edited by Motendra

lol, they're getting hot-headed with each other. XD Even without a translation, I could tell.

But a convo about sparring and who's the stronger sword prince is interesting to see rather than something generic about becoming friends or complimenting each other (which is what Marth/Chrom felt like so far).

Kick his ass, Ryoma! You're faster, stronger, AND cooler to me. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah, this'll be a draw with both of them realizing that studying the other's style has improved their own skills, and that they cover something they previously lacked.

Cliched, but true. That is generally how it works out. Admitting one is absolutely stronger than the other is something which couldn't ever be permitted.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It is somewhat disappointing that we're only getting small snippets of the conversations. There isn't much to go off of with what we've got.

So very much agreed- it's pathetic they thought this was worth polling us on. But on the other hand, KT/IS/Ninty have been so restrictive in what they have offered to us so far that this still constitutes something of note for us.

I don't think there's anything wrong with only showing parts of the conversation. Do you guys want the whole thing spoiled before the game is even out? I don't.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So very much agreed- it's pathetic they thought this was worth polling us on. But on the other hand, KT/IS/Ninty have been so restrictive in what they have offered to us so far that this still constitutes something of note for us.

The PR has just been very botched. We had the four month drought from January to May that was understandable, but everybody thought there would be a steady stream of info after E3.

It's been 3 weeks since the last trailer. I'm hoping things pick up soon.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's been 3 weeks since the last trailer. I'm hoping things pick up soon.

Yeah, this I can agree with. At least give Frederick a gameplay trailer to make up for the lack of his availability in the recent demo if you won't show us any new characters yet...

Edited by Anacybele

36 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It is somewhat disappointing that we're only getting small snippets of the conversations. There isn't much to go off of with what we've got.

I mean isn't that the point?

Make you curious?

1 minute ago, Nohr Crystal said:

Matt vs Matt: Coming to theaters in Fall 2017.

Honestly the Musou franchise wouldn't make for half-bad cheesy explosion packed action flicks. Not saying it'd turn out well, vg movies don't, but I think it'd be less botched when turned into a movie than other vg franchises/series.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly the Musou franchise wouldn't make for half-bad cheesy explosion packed action flicks. Not saying it'd turn out well, vg movies don't, but I think it'd be less botched when turned into a movie than other vg franchises/series.

That's actually some food for thought.  The one thing I want in life is an actually decent VG movie.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean isn't that the point?

Make you curious?

It's just with how little we've got right now something more substantial would be welcome. After all, they felt the need to make a twitter poll for this-- right now it doesn't seem like that was worth getting remotely invested in.

59 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's just with how little we've got right now something more substantial would be welcome. After all, they felt the need to make a twitter poll for this-- right now it doesn't seem like that was worth getting remotely invested in.

Yeah, it's almost as if they want you to buy the game to view the whole thing. 

15 minutes ago, Jave said:

Yeah, it's almost as if they want you to buy the game to view the whole thing. 

This.

Like I was saying above, it's no fun if you're just spoiled of the whole thing before release. That's why I always think of it this way: the smaller you start, the more you have to look forward to in the future.

It's why I'm not completely upset that we've seen next to nothing for Frederick. He's my favorite character in this game so far, remember! :P I have to tell myself that I'll just have more of him to be pleasantly surprised with later!

I better stop mentioning that so it doesn't get on people's nerves though...

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2 hours ago, Nohr Crystal said:

That's actually some food for thought.  The one thing I want in life is an actually decent VG movie.

You guys not seen the Street Fighter 2 Animated movie? 

It is sad when this few-second clip is likely meant to be "this week's info release".

Does anyone else feel like this drought is on purpose? Like they're trying to hide something? They better be hiding something, or someone rather, that's worth hiding.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

inb4 a Dynasty Warriors movie ends up being a character drama with Shyamalan-level flat acting. :'(

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Yeah, this'll be a draw with both of them realizing that studying the other's style has improved their own skills, and that they cover something they previously lacked.  

Pretty much. To be honest, I am going into these supports not expecting anything spectacular as far as writing goes. I dont think any of them will be super terrible though.