My girlfriend and I are ahving some connection issues in Splatoon 2. Any help?

Vespinae

Hi everyone.

My girlfriend and I have been playing the game since the literal minute we got it. The very first day we got the game, we played it alongside a friend who got it as well, with no issues whatsoever. Then, the next day came, and that's when the issues began.
Over the past few days, she's had 100+ disconnects. I've had them to a much lesser extent, somewhere in the 50s. It's almost every single match she plays, and every two or three for myself. My friend we were playing with has only had 3 since launch, and no one else I know who has the game has had issues on a scale like this, even if they have Comcast like us. 
It's definitely not our internet, since games like Mario Kart and Bomberman run fine, and so do games on other consoles like Overwatch, Titanfall and Smash 4, it's only Splatoon 2 that has these issues. Our Switches aren't very far from our routers, hers is literally 3 feet away and mine's about 10 with a wall. It's gotten to the point where it has pretty consistently banned us, even if we're playing in handheld inches from the router. Is there any way we can fix this or are we just screwed out of playing Splatoon forever?

The same thing happens to me. My friend tells me it's my Internet's fault, but it can't be because Mario Kart works near flawlessly. I've had 5 times as many disconnects in Splatoon 2 than in Mario Kart. Heck, even Smash 3DS doesn't get as many disconnects for me.

From what i hear, Splatoon 2 connects console to console, not console to server, which could explain a lot.

Disconnects mid-game or in the lobby? If it says "the other console is not responding" in the lobby, that's just normal and that happens to everyone. I haven't had much disconnects in the sequel (aside from one where I accidentally dropped the entire console on the floor) but in the first game, it kicked me out every once in a while even though I use a wired connection. It might have something to do with how far are you from the other players because it indeed connects from console to console. They also had some problems in general with the network lately. Really, the only thing I can think of how to make the situation better is using a wired connection but, like I said, even that isn't a fool-proof solution. Maybe it'll get better if their paid online service succeeds.