Reviving Characters

Ace Pelleas

So... I've been playing through Fire Emblem Gaiden for the first time, little did I know that a character named Dyute(Delthea) was recruitable. So, I killed her. My question is?

If I use the revival shrines, can I still recruit her. Or did I lose a potential unit?

After this frustration I've seen that the same thing can happen with a character named Zeke, so I'm aware of it.

As a rule of thumb, revival staves, etc. only work on playable units. You won't be able to revive recruitable enemies if you failed to recruit them. Dyute's dead now. To make sure Zeke doesn't meet the same fate...

Spoiler

After clearing the Rigel Border and starting Alm's Chapter 4, there is a path split. You can go left or right. Do not go left yet; you will end up killing Zeke this way. Instead, go right and clear out the path there. Once you reach Nuibaba's Manor, enter it and you should recruit a saint called Teeta, who is Zeke's lover. Once you've bailed her out, return to the path split and engage in the battle in Rigel Plains. Zeke should defect and turn "green". (He's blue since technical limitations, but his whole army becomes allied to the player.) After completing the level, enter Rigel Village and talk to Zeke. He will then be recruited.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Revival shrines only work on characters you've recruited. So no, you won't be able to save Delthea, as you didn't recruit her.

Well, that's bad news. Nonetheless, I shall thank you for answering my question!

39 minutes ago, Darrman said:

As a rule of thumb, revival staves, etc. only work on playable units. You won't be able to revive recruitable enemies if you failed to recruit them. Dyute's dead now. To make sure Zeke doesn't meet the same fate...

Reveal hidden contents

After clearing the Rigel Border and starting Alm's Chapter 4, there is a path split. You can go left or right. Do not go left yet; you will end up killing Zeke this way. Instead, go right and clear out the path there. Once you reach Nuibaba's Manor, enter it and you should recruit a saint called Teeta, who is Zeke's lover. Once you've bailed her out, return to the path split and engage in the battle in Rigel Plains. Zeke should defect and turn "green". (He's blue since technical limitations, but his whole army becomes allied to the player.) After completing the level, enter Rigel Village and talk to Zeke. He will then be recruited.

Thanks for the advice, I'm planning to finish Celica's route first. Then I'll make sure that I'll recruit Zeke