rainlash

The Lion Throne (Fangame and Engine)

I downloaded the editor, but I can't run it for some reason. I managed to get a screen of the error given (which was tedious as hell, given that the error was up for a microsecond), but I don't know what I'm missing.

Screenshot (10).png

I think the LevelEditor folder is supposed to go in the Lion Throne folder, as in you need the game itself too.

Say, I noticed higher version numbers.  How do I update the game and/or editor?

Edited by Baby Bonnie Hood

15 hours ago, Baby Bonnie Hood said:

I think the LevelEditor folder is supposed to go in the Lion Throne folder, as in you need the game itself too.

Yeah, that worked. You shoulda seen my face when the tutorial on the wiki said the same thing. Good lesson here, folks: always check tutorials.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:30 AM, Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Just re-download the game. You can move your Saves from the old folder to the new one and then delete the old one. I update the download link periodically whenever there's enough minor changes. Same with the Level Editor, although it has not been updated since. I'll probably announce the next major update here when its ready, so you'll know when that drops. 

If you're updating from 0.8.0 to 0.8.3 and are keeping your Data folder around (since maybe you made changes), there's two files in Data/ that have changed: status.xml and difficulty_modes.xml. You have to use the new version of these files as base if you don't want the engine to crash.