2nd Feh Channel (27th July 2017)

Armagon

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Namarid said:

I can never understand some of these mage attacking poses. Leo's looks fine but Corrin and Elise look like they're about to fall over any second.

Gotta put your hip into it... Even if you're shooting fishies.

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Barst/Selena/Hinata/Lon'qu (the owners of those skills) are available at 4*

That's true, but there's a lot more stuff that you can pull instead of those four. But I suppose knowing how these things go, that's all people will be getting anyway. 

Again, I haven't run any numbers so I don't know how valid my statement is. Like most people, I shrink away at the sight of probability calculations. 

And if I can finally get an Eirika then nothing else will matter. 

5 minutes ago, Sire said:

As for the star ratings, the 4* category practically has every single hero save for 5-star exclusives and event characters. I do not recall any heroes being 3* exclusive.

I personally like that 4* is getting the spotlight since it makes it infinitely easier for inheritance and to pull heroes that are in the 4*/5* category. The only real thing that will remain a pain to obtain are the 5-star heroes like Lucina, Hector, Linde, or Takumi.

It's just strange that the star rating is now not-at-all indicative of rarity but only general strength. I really like it, though, as a solution to complaints about the unchanging 3* pool that I don't think I've seen users suggest. Or maybe it has been suggested and was viewed as so radical that we thought it would never happen...

Just now, Namarid said:

Is the percentage swap between 3* and 4* permanent? I hope it is.

Unless stated otherwise. it seems to be permenant since it didnt list an end date

1 minute ago, Namarid said:

Is the percentage swap between 3* and 4* permanent? I hope it is.

Sounds like it for the time being, at least. And I would think they might get some backlash if they switched them back to normal later on too.

The video just says "This applies to summoning events beginning from August 7th", which I guess could be interpreted a lot of ways. I think they mean that every new banner we see after the 7th will have it, but it won't apply to banners that are already in place (which, if true, would apply for Celica's Tempest banner and Lilina/Cecilia's BHB banner, but not Nohrian Summer). At the very least, we are assured that those two I listed will definitely have it.

If it is for a limited time only, then I'd assume it would end when the 6-month anniversary stuff is over (which, going by the login stuff, would be Sept 11).

Just now, Johann said:

The video just says "This applies to summoning events beginning from August 7th", which I guess could be interpreted a lot of ways. I think they mean that every new banner we see after the 7th will have it, but it won't apply to banners that are already in place (which, if true, would apply for Celica's Tempest banner and Lilina/Cecilia's BHB banner, but not Nohrian Summer). At the very least, we are assured that those two I listed will definitely have it.

If it is for a limited time only, then I'd assume it would end when the 6-month anniversary stuff is over (which, going by the login stuff, would be Sept 11).

Id like to think any new players that started on augest 7 or so will still get a free summon from the tempest and summer banner. or else it would feel like false advertising.

22 minutes ago, Apples said:

It's just strange that the star rating is now not-at-all indicative of rarity but only general strength. I really like it, though, as a solution to complaints about the unchanging 3* pool that I don't think I've seen users suggest. Or maybe it has been suggested and was viewed as so radical that we thought it would never happen...

I mean, I'm sure for any unit with both 3* and 4* versions, their 3* version will still be more common than their 4* version because there are fewer different 3*s, outweighing the total difference in rarities.

For context, with the current 3-star and 4-star rates on Ylissean Summer, Hinata has a 5.3% chance (1 in 18.7) of being under a red umbrella when summoning at base rates.

If I were to swap the 3-star and 4-star rates on Ylissean Summer, Hinata would have a 4.7% chance (1 in 21.4) of being under a red umbrella when summoning at base rates.

EDIT: Basically, rates on characters that are pullable at 3-4 stars goes down, and rates on characters that are pullable at 4-5 stars goes up.

Edited by Ice Dragon

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For context, with the current 3-star and 4-star rates on Ylissean Summer, Hinata has a 5.3% chance (1 in 18.7) of being under a red umbrella when summoning at base rates.

If I were to swap the 3-star and 4-star rates on Ylissean Summer, Hinata would have a 4.7% chance (1 in 21.4) of being under a red umbrella when summoning at base rates.

EDIT: Basically, rates on characters that are pullable at 3-4 stars goes down, and rates on characters that are pullable at 4-5 stars goes up.

Well that specific example is a shame for me, since I still have yet to get a single Hinata. (every Fury user of mine is still stuck with Fury 2 from all my excess Jagens..)

38 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Well that specific example is a shame for me, since I still have yet to get a single Hinata. (every Fury user of mine is still stuck with Fury 2 from all my excess Jagens..)

You can substitute Hinata for any other red character that can only be pulled at 3-star and 4-star rarity.

For any other color, the ratio of the two numbers will be pretty close.

Morning, what's new-

Spoiler

Oh look, bound hero battle. Might have a chance to beat Infernal this time. Banner won't interest me though (and why Roy and Lilina? Both aren't much use here from what I see). Funny seeing Lilina frying Roy.

FINALLY WE GET ANOTHER SS CHARACTER! Shame it's another lance flier, but his lance might make it worthwhile.

I bloody called it on the next TT being focused on Echoes, but at least I have a 40% unit for it. Also, did we need 10 reserve teams? I don't think so, and you kinda need to take it into context Okay, that's actually neat. Assemble the squads! It's neat to see them do low-level options, but I won't be bothering. Need to get that 30k early. As for the bonus stats, I WISH I had Delthea now.

OK, so 1.6 is coming. Catalogue of Heroes is alright but fluff, Arena assault seems insane to some degree, and it acts like squad assault, which is better than I expected it to be. The items seem like the might make some units more OP (if Reinhardt can use the boots.....), and what are the coins for I wonder? Hero Merit has increased, and my M!Robin will likely be first to hit it again, SP boost to arena is nice, and we don't know what'll happen to the Training Tower. 

Oh look it's summer time. I mean, I didn't care last tim-

Wait is that 2 greens? FLYING MAGIC UNIT? ELISE USES GREEN MAGIC? I was wrong. This is amazing, I am sorely tempted. (And based on the video, I kinda NEED Elise. If her stats are good, I definitely will jump for joy. Xander seems pretty useful too! Leo has some neat tools, I could live with getting him. AND THEN THERE'S CORRIN! That. Is. Amazing. I have plenty of blues, but I'll live with getting her for sure.)

Time for anniversary stuff! Cool to see more orbs, I will likely be spending at some point. New quest list shows about standard stuff, barring daily special maps (I wonder about that one). And there's a new hero fest! OK that is great (And even better if the guess work is to be believed, I WILL be pulling from that). And of course there's more orbs too.

There's more now? It's likely not much-

OK, we're getting more 4*. Dammit, I summoned too much so far! Least I might get plenty of good fodder (Hell, might get some great units now). Well that'll be cool... Wait, there's more?

.....Free first summon? I. AM. IN. That is amazing! I'll definitely be waiting for 10 days to summon now, but Oh my yes. No indication either is gone afterwards either!

TLDR: WOW.

I'm actually really liking the Catalogue of Heroes, I always wanted it to be an encyclopedia to hear the voice quotes. Also last night I was actually wondering and wishing we had a way to check sprite animations without actually going into battle!

Free first summons are great, since I always try to summon from a banner at least once.

Hopefully we get Tempest Trial Echoes banner again, since I missed my chance to get Gray (damn too many red units in the pool!). Even if I get Celica that's a-okay with me.

So excited for more 4* rates since I won't have to spend as much feathers for skill inheritance when getting rid of fodder.

Anyway, I want to get this old thing ready to go for the next Tempest Trials. The new features will probably take a lot of research to display, but ignoring that... I want to ask this: will there be a reward beyond 5* Clive worth implementing? We have seen 2 seals as lower rewards, and I don't know if they're going to add a third.

An important reason for this, other than to know how much Delthea and/or Sonya will see use, is that I will need to do complicated things to Sheet 2 (the background calculations) to handle more than 5 signifcant milestones. I want to know if I should add a placeholder now, while I'm adding some other bits.

This is embarrassing. I set an alarm to go off a half-hour before the stream and got up, then thought to myself "It's still early, I can rest my eyes for a bit..."

Next time I opened my eyes I figured I was a bit late, "But no biggie...I'M AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE?!"

Thankfully I had the video on my phone when I went to bed so could watch it straight away without any spoilers.

1. The Valter GHB has me hyped for more SS content, especially with Eirika being used as the second Catalogue of Heroes example (and I love that he was one of the first things announced).
  2. Speaking of which, the Catalogue of Heroes is an awesome idea! Especially since you can rewatch the Lv. 40 Cutscenes!
  3. Another Echoes TT was expected. I don't have any of the 40% Heroes (but I do have Berkut) and spent over a 100 Orbs trying to get a 40% Hero last time (and got Faye). Thankfully the main rewards (i.e. Clive and the Seals) are at lower tiers this time so hopefully I can get them without cashing out, especially with all the other confirmed and implied Banners on the way. (I suspect they'll introduce the final boss' map here and I can't wait to hear that music again :D)
  4. I hate the swimsuit banners too, but Corrin looks adorable with all the flowers and as much as I hate Camilla I really do want to get a Flying Mage, so I want to try and get her. I'm waiting until the Daily Free Summon but hopefully she comes back as part of a Voting Gauntlet Banner.
  5. If the Hero Fest is what was predicted on Reddit (and posted here), I'm going to be splurging on that too! Thank goodness for all the free Orbs headed our way!
  6. Speaking of the Daily Free Summon, I couldn't help but notice that it seems to mess up the "20 Orbs for a full 5 Summons" thing: We haven't seen what happens after you get the free Hero: does the next cost 5 or 4 Orbs?
  7. Swapping the odds of 3* and 4* Heroes is a great idea and I really hope all Focuses start at 5% from now on but I doubt it.
  8. Feh sounds adorable. The actress seemed to have difficulty maintaining a high pitch but it was rare and she can easily fix that with time.

I was surprised by the lack of CYL info after all the predictions I read on here, but overall I liked this presentation a lot!

...Now gimme that Sacred Stones Focus!!!

...I'm really excited for the Hero Catalogue. I know it's silly, but it's going to make things so nice and organized. It's like a Fire Emblem Pokedex! Granted those shadows of heroes I don't have are going to haunt me...

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

...I'm really excited for the Hero Catalogue. I know it's silly, but it's going to make things so nice and organized. It's like a Fire Emblem Pokedex! Granted those shadows of heroes I don't have are going to haunt me...

Gotta catch them all!

...So, how does the seen function work?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Gotta catch them all!

...So, how does the seen function work?

I'm assuming the characters become "seen" if you interact with them in the Arena or during Voting Gauntlets. Maybe even in the Tempest and Training Tower...

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Now we just need Staff Xander to complete the all-Xander team!

Prince Marx Communism will rise.

8 hours ago, KongDude said:

Don't try to turn this into a problem. There's nothing wrong with liking and disliking. Ana just happens to be a little more vocal about it and there isn't anything wrong with it.

People are also free to call her out on repeatedly whining about trivial things. Remember when she literally devalued Nino's gameplay contributions SIMPLY on her saying "DO MY BEST"? There is liking and disliking... and then there is literally complaining about every banner that doesn't have a character she likes. The difference between her extremely vocal complaints and Sunwoo's is night and day.

Oh, not to mention the objective gameplay things she likes to tell us about until multiple people provide calculations that it isn't that way.

Literally flowchart about predicting what she will complain about:

Does she like it?

If yes: Praise to high heaven and whine about people not universally loving X thing.

If no: Whine incessantly about X thing not getting enough attention or being meta.

Edited by shadowofchaos