Armagon

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

I didn't mean it that way :(

Okay.

Okay, so long as you didn't intend to just bash me for being a Frederick fan. I won't bash you for liking Tharja either. Both behaviors would be rude.

Also, seems you posted before I could finish my edit. A major reason Frederick isn't as popular is because of Chrom. Most female fans fangirl over him instead. I personally don't like him.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, so long as you didn't intend to just bash me for being a Frederick fan. I won't bash you for liking Tharja either. Both behaviors would be rude.

Also, seems you posted before I could finish my edit. A major reason Frederick isn't as popular is because of Chrom. Most female fans fangirl over him instead. I personally don't like him.

Yeah all I meant was is that he's not as popular of a character. So you don't have as many girls saying that he's their husbando or whatever term you want to use. Seriously didn't mean to offend you.

Yeah, Ig I do see that a lot. He's kind of dorky imo. Maybe it's the blue hair or that he's a main character. That's about the only reason I married Azura in Fates. I honestly do like Frederick though. He's typically the person I choose to be a Dread Fighter, since he starts at a Great Knight and doesn't get a class change.

Edited by SSbardock84

6 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Yeah all I meant was is that he's not as popular of a character. So you don't have as many girls saying that he's their husbando or whatever term you want to use. Seriously didn't mean to offend you.

Yeah, Ig I do see that a lot. He's kind of dorky imo. Maybe it's the blue hair or that he's a main character. That's about the only reason I married Azura in Fates. I honestly do like Frederick though. He's typically the person I choose to be a Dread Fighter, since he starts at a Great Knight.

Don't worry, I understand now, it's cool. :)

Yeah, Chrom's the main character and gets plenty of interactions with Robin. Plus for some reason, people seem to really like his super cheesy confession. xP But yeah, I think he's too awkward and dorky and kind of boring. For me, dorkiness is hit or miss. I can like it, but I can also be totally weirded out by it. I also think Chrom is rather hypocritical at times, though this might not have been the writers' intention. I'm also just more into guys like Frederick, who are gentlemen and polite. Chrom isn't the most polite or gentlemanly guy. He doesn't take long to tell female Robin that she isn't lady-like at all!

Meanwhile, male Robin's most common spouses are more varied. Lucina, Cordelia, and Tharja are the most common ones, but I still also see plenty of male Robins get married to other females too. But like 90 to 95% of female Robins get married to Chrom...

Whoa, seriously?! I thought I was the only person who made Freddy a Dread Fighter! Awesome. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't worry, I understand now, it's cool. :)

Yeah, Chrom's the main character and gets plenty of interactions with Robin. Plus for some reason, people seem to really like his super cheesy confession. xP But yeah, I think he's too awkward and dorky and kind of boring. For me, dorkiness is hit or miss. I can like it, but I can also be totally weirded out by it. I also think Chrom is rather hypocritical at times, though this might not have been the writers' intention. I'm also just more into guys like Frederick, who are gentlemen and polite. Chrom isn't the most polite or gentlemanly guy. He doesn't take long to tell female Robin that she isn't lady-like at all!

Meanwhile, male Robin's most common spouses are more varied. Lucina, Cordelia, and Tharja are the most common ones, but I still also see plenty of male Robins get married to other females too. But like 90 to 95% of female Robins get married to Chrom...

Whoa, seriously?! I thought I was the only person who made Freddy a Dread Fighter! Awesome. ^^

I think the 90 - 95 percent is a bit exaggerated there lol. 

My first husband was Lon'qu. And then I went for Chrom (I was aiming for Gerome... Chrom just happened to be acting adorably and easy to support so I went for him there). And then Gaius, who I would actually pick as my number one 'husbando' as the term seems to go. I interspersed with some male Robin playthroughs (Olivia was the only one worth my time xD ).

Most people I know tend to go for the others, and I have a lot of fanart of female Robins with other characters. I am sad to say Frederick is one of the less popular ones, though, it seems. He does seem to get paired with Lissa a fair bit, though :) 

I like him, though. Polite knight type is always good :) Just happened to prefer Gaius in this case. I think orange hair just grabs my attention xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think the 90 - 95 percent is a bit exaggerated there lol. 

My first husband was Lon'qu. And then I went for Chrom (I was aiming for Gerome... Chrom just happened to be acting adorably and easy to support so I went for him there). And then Gaius, who I would actually pick as my number one 'husbando' as the term seems to go. I interspersed with some male Robin playthroughs (Olivia was the only one worth my time xD ).

Most people I know tend to go for the others, and I have a lot of fanart of female Robins with other characters. I am sad to say Frederick is one of the less popular ones, though, it seems. He does seem to get paired with Lissa a fair bit, though :) 

I like him, though. Polite knight type is always good :) Just happened to prefer Gaius in this case. I think orange hair just grabs my attention xD 

A bit exaggerated, maybe, but not by much, I feel like. xP

I like Lon'qu. He's kinda cool. But also kind of awkward again. Gaius is funny, but the only time I honestly truly like him was in his support with Maribelle. Otherwise, there's just too much candy theming going on to me.

I have to admit, handsome cav knights grab my attention in general too. :P It's a reason why Silas is my Fates "husbando." I'm more into knights than princes.

I will never understand why people pair Frederick with Lissa. She's a child and he's a man who has to be in his mid twenties or more. Their support is nice, but the age gap is just so freaking creepy. I also feel it'd be OoC for Frederick to marry one of the princesses he serves (as cute as he might be with Emmeryn). He would definitely say that Lissa and Emmeryn are above him and his station and would never pursue them.

Lissa is honestly my most hated pairing for him besides Sumia.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I will never understand why people pair Frederick with Lissa. She's a child and he's a man who has to be in his mid twenties or more. Their support is nice, but the age gap is just so freaking creepy. I also feel it'd be OoC for Frederick to marry one of the princesses he serves (as cute as he might be with Emmeryn). He would definitely say that Lissa and Emmeryn are above him and his station and would never pursue them.

Lissa is honestly my most hated pairing for him besides Sumia.

There is still a far more squicky Great Knight and liege pairing in the 3DS games than Frederick/Lissa though. Seriously, would anyone be upset if Gunter was unable to S rank F!Corrin?

So you would take Nowi or Tharja with Frederick over those two then?

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

There is still a far more squicky Great Knight and liege pairing in the 3DS games than Frederick/Lissa though. Seriously, would anyone be upset if Gunter was unable to S rank F!Corrin?

So you would take Nowi or Tharja with Frederick over those two then?

Yeah, but that doesn't make Frederick x Lissa not creepy. It's still pretty creepy.

Nowi is a child by manakete standards, so I find her with Frederick to be pretty weird too, but she'll age very slowly, so she can't really help that. So yeah, just barely, I would take her over Lissa.

Tharja? ...Actually, maybe not her. At least Lissa would treat Frederick well. Tharja...probably not, honestly.

Seriously, the S supports I would remove from Frederick's pool if I could are Lissa, Maribelle, Tharja, Sully, and Nowi. Either because of creepy age gaps (Lissa, Maribelle) or OoCness (the other three). I can't see Frederick ever honestly wanting to be with someone like Tharja or Sully and I feel like Nowi would weird him out because she looks like a child and will his whole life while he eventually becomes a wrinkly old man.

I do still dislike him with Sumia too, but she's a more realistic option, so I'm fine with leaving her in. That would make Frederick's options female Robin, Cordelia, Sumia, Cherche, Miriel, Olivia, and Panne. Not a bad pool. I'm not a fan of the whole everyone can marry everyone idea anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but that doesn't make Frederick x Lissa not creepy. It's still pretty creepy.

At least to me, Frederick/Lissa seems perfectly normal compared to F!Corrin/Gunter or F!Corrin/Fuga for that matter. At least Frederick is a guy who I would peg as being in his early 30s at oldest or the same age as Emmeryn. Gunter and Fuga are probably at least twice as old as Frederick, which registers a whole lot of nope with me. Though if Frederick/Lissa also disgusts you then that's entirely your prerogative to think so. I personally can't feel disgusted by it when I know there is far worse out there, but that's just me.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

At least to me, Frederick/Lissa seems perfectly normal compared to F!Corrin/Gunter or F!Corrin/Fuga for that matter. At least Frederick is a guy who I would peg as being in his early 30s at oldest or the same age as Emmeryn. Gunter and Fuga are probably at least twice as old as Frederick, which registers a whole lot of nope with me. Though if Frederick/Lissa also disgusts you then that's entirely your prerogative to think so. I personally can't feel disgusted by it when I know there is far worse out there, but that's just me.

It's not really normal though. In fact, it's illegal in a lot of places for someone Frederick's age to get with someone Lissa's age. And people tell me "well it was different in medieval times" which is true, but FE is not completely reflective of real life medieval times (not to mention that in those days, practically everyone married very young, not just 14 year old girls. Life spans were quite short and anybody who was in their twenties, man or woman, were kind of looked down upon if they weren't married), and that doesn't matter to me anyway. I still find it creepy, whether it's medieval or not. I peg Frederick as being close to or the same age as Emmeryn, who is 24 pre-time skip, but yeah.

And it also doesn't appear to be a very normal thing in FE anyway. Very few pairings are actually child x adult, the 3DS games aside, likely because of how some parts of the world view such a relationship.

Like I said, I'm aware that Gunter and Fuga are even worse as marriage options for Corrin. But it doesn't mean Frederick is perfectly okay as a husband for Lissa. I feel all those pairings paint the men as pervert-like for marrying such young girls/children. Same goes for Lissa or Maribelle getting with someone like Gregor. He has to be like 40.

It's just my opinion, and I'm simply trying to explain why I have it. I know you don't agree, and I can't make you agree, I'm just saying.

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't been playing this game so much cause other games keep distracting me. So now would be a great time to hop back in. Gonna grab some popcorn and stay up all night for this stream. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

What are you guys hoping or predicting to see (obviously besides banners)?

Also I really can't imagine Feh in English. I still applaud it's Seiyuu for making Feh sound adorable. (Does anyone happen to know who Feh's Seiyuu is?)

Edited by Falcom

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not really normal though. In fact, it's illegal in a lot of places for someone Frederick's age to get with someone Lissa's age. And people tell me "well it was different in medieval times" which is true, but FE is not completely reflective of real life medieval times (not to mention that in those days, practically everyone married very young, not just 14 year old girls. Life spans were quite short and anybody who was in their twenties, man or woman, were kind of looked down upon if they weren't married), and that doesn't matter to me anyway. I still find it creepy, whether it's medieval or not. I peg Frederick as being close to or the same age as Emmeryn, who is 24 pre-time skip, but yeah.

And it also doesn't appear to be a very normal thing in FE anyway. Very few pairings are actually child x adult, the 3DS games aside, likely because of how some parts of the world view such a relationship.

Like I said, I'm aware that Gunter and Fuga are even worse as marriage options for Corrin. But it doesn't mean Frederick is perfectly okay as a husband for Lissa. I feel all those pairings paint the men as pervert-like for marrying such young girls/children. Same goes for Lissa or Maribelle getting with someone like Gregor. He has to be like 40.

It's just my opinion, and I'm simply trying to explain why I have it. I know you don't agree, and I can't make you agree, I'm just saying.

Nah, it's fine. Just because Frederick/Lissa doesn't seem creepy to me doesn't mean that it isn't a creepy pairing, it is just one that doesn't particularly bother me like the aforementioned ones in Fates do. I suppose it is all just a matter of opinion at the end of the day.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I always liked it, personally. Like with any of these pairings, I just mentally decide nothing happens until she turns at least 16 (my country's legal age). 

Age gaps do not bother me in the slightest. Age does, but FE likes to have such young characters that I have to justify it to be able to get the children characters >.< 

Once she's aged, though, I do rather like the pairing, myself. I tend to pair Lissa and Lon'qu more, though. I read a manga with them in that was just so adorable :D 

Frederick... Eh, I pair him with Sumia a lot. Sully's a good one, too. And I quite like his and Cordelia's, though it feels too much like she sees him too much as second to Chrom so it's not my absolute favourite. 

And yup, I love the knight types the most :D Seth, Kent, Geoffrey, Frederick... I know there are more, but these come to mind first lol 

Incidentally, Est is 16 in SoV, which means she most likely marries Abel at the grand old age of 15 -.- There are a fair few young pairings in the FE series. Olwen is 18 and she marries Fred, who is said to be much older (doesn't really look it to me but that's by the by), so there are plenty of age gap pairings even before the DS games... Just the DS games make it more obvious. I wouldn't doubt there are more in FE4 (I mean... have you seen Dew?)

25 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Eh, I always liked it, personally. Like with any of these pairings, I just mentally decide nothing happens until she turns at least 16 (my country's legal age). 

Age gaps do not bother me in the slightest. Age does, but FE likes to have such young characters that I have to justify it to be able to get the children characters >.< 

Once she's aged, though, I do rather like the pairing, myself. I tend to pair Lissa and Lon'qu more, though. I read a manga with them in that was just so adorable :D 

Frederick... Eh, I pair him with Sumia a lot. Sully's a good one, too. And I quite like his and Cordelia's, though it feels too much like she sees him too much as second to Chrom so it's not my absolute favourite. 

And yup, I love the knight types the most :D Seth, Kent, Geoffrey, Frederick... I know there are more, but these come to mind first lol 

Incidentally, Est is 16 in SoV, which means she most likely marries Abel at the grand old age of 15 -.- There are a fair few young pairings in the FE series. Olwen is 18 and she marries Fred, who is said to be much older (doesn't really look it to me but that's by the by), so there are plenty of age gap pairings even before the DS games... Just the DS games make it more obvious. I wouldn't doubt there are more in FE4 (I mean... have you seen Dew?)

Oh, age gaps aren't much of a problem if both characters are at least 20 or so. I mean, it's still kind of weird if, say, a 40 year old marries a 22 year old, but it's not as bad as a 40 year old marrying a 14 year old. 18 and above are typically the ages that one is considered a legal adult, so...

Sully just doesn't seem like Frederick's type to me. Maybe it can work, but I personally just don't see it. xP Lissa and Lon'qu are good and probably the most "canon" pairing for the two because of the arrow thing with Owain. Owain's dad died saving him by taking an arrow. Which is what Lon'qu did for Lissa at some point, though he didn't actually die in that case. Not to mention Owain and Lon'qu also share the same base class, though that's a bit less important because a lot of kids don't share base classes with their parents. I put Lissa with Donnel though, because I couldn't resist the idea of cute farm boy with cute princess. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. :P Plus the support was cute!

Cordelia doesn't see Frederick as second to Chrom at all. She says she's just tired of Chrom not loving her, so she decides to stop loving him and just love another man instead. Though I must admit, I don't like how a lot of the guys say to her "I'm not Chrom, but..." because I get that in some cases that can make it look like Cordelia IS simply settling. Which is a reason Stahl is my favorite husband for her. She actually tells him that he replaced Chrom in her heart.

Now someone who DOES hold her husband second to someone else is Tharja. She even literally says this to...was it Libra? I don't remember exactly, but she tells him that Robin is first, and her husband second. Just...why.

I don't like Kent or Geoffrey (they're polite and chivalrous and all, but they're also just...boring to me), but Seth and Frederick yes. :3 I also like Kieran, Oscar, Sain, Kyle, and Franz. And Silas. My Corrin married Silas, so yeah. :P

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, age gaps aren't much of a problem if both characters are at least 20 or so. I mean, it's still kind of weird if, say, a 40 year old marries a 22 year old, but it's not as bad as a 40 year old marrying a 14 year old. 18 and above are typically the ages that one is considered a legal adult, so...

Sully just doesn't seem like Frederick's type to me. Maybe it can work, but I personally just don't see it. xP Lissa and Lon'qu are good and probably the most "canon" pairing for the two because of the arrow thing with Owain. Owain's dad died saving him by taking an arrow. Which is what Lon'qu did for Lissa at some point, though he didn't actually die in that case.

Cordelia doesn't see Frederick as second to Chrom at all. She says she's just tired of Chrom not loving her, so she decides to stop loving him and just love another man instead. Though I must admit, I don't like how a lot of the guys say to her "I'm not Chrom, but..." because I get that in some cases that can make it look like Cordelia IS simply settling. Which is a reason Stahl is my favorite husband for her. She actually tells him that he replaced Chrom in her heart.

Now someone who DOES hold her husband second to someone else is Tharja. She even literally says this to...was it Libra? I don't remember exactly, but she tells him that Robin is first, and her husband second. Just...why.

I don't like Kent or Geoffrey (they're polite and chivalrous and all, but they're also just...boring to me), but Seth and Frederick yes. :3 I also like Kieran, Oscar, Kyle, and Franz. And Silas. My Corrin married Silas, so yeah. :P

Hmmm, might have to pair Cordelia and Stahl next time. 

I struggle to actively pair anyone with Tharja, 'cos you're right there. Pairing her with Robin is creepy and no one else gets a look in. Plus she curses and abuses both them and her kid in her supports with them. I just... don't like her. I hate that she's a popular character. 

I don't see too much difference between Seth and Kent, honestly. They're both duty first, honour bound and determined to protect their liege. If anything, it's that Geoffrey seems a bit different, since he seems a tad younger and can get quite excitable and even emotional at times. Seth does have amazing armour, though :D 

Silas is great. I'm never going to argue about another handsome knight type xD And I really like Oscar and Kyle, too :) Wouldn't say Kieran fits the mould quite as much... although loyal is definitely a thing there, what with his love affair with the axe gifted to him by Geoffrey xD 

Franz is a bit too much the young shota type for me. I like him enough, but he'll never grab me as much as the others. His and Amelia's supports are cute, though, and his support with his brother (I adore sibling supports. I wish there were more of them. Why the heck do Clair and Clive not support in SoV?! Or Geoffrey and Lucia in PoR... or even a base scene in RD?) 

Sorry, having fun discussing all the characters xD There are so many in FE whom I adore :) Even the ones I don't, I like to natter about ^.^

Welcome to the Heroes info thread where we discuss ships. :P

49 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I haven't been playing this game so much cause other games keep distracting me. So now would be a great time to hop back in. Gonna grab some popcorn and stay up all night for this stream. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

What are you guys hoping or predicting to see (obviously besides banners)?

Also I really can't imagine Feh in English. I still applaud it's Seiyuu for making Feh sound adorable. (Does anyone happen to know who Feh's Seiyuu is?)

Give Feh Christine Marie Cabanos' Mako voice? :P

(holy crud only one word was lowercased there)

Among everything else that's been speculated so far (except the 6* possibility, fuck that), I'm hoping for a mode/feature that makes use of badges.  I'm sitting at nearly 2,000 of each kind of regular badge and ~600 of the greats with no way to make use of even a small fraction of them.  The badge output was one of those things that made sense during the first month of release, but has gotten a bit ridiculous now.   

22 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Hmmm, might have to pair Cordelia and Stahl next time. 

I struggle to actively pair anyone with Tharja, 'cos you're right there. Pairing her with Robin is creepy and no one else gets a look in. Plus she curses and abuses both them and her kid in her supports with them. I just... don't like her. I hate that she's a popular character. 

I don't see too much difference between Seth and Kent, honestly. They're both duty first, honour bound and determined to protect their liege. If anything, it's that Geoffrey seems a bit different, since he seems a tad younger and can get quite excitable and even emotional at times. Seth does have amazing armour, though :D 

Silas is great. I'm never going to argue about another handsome knight type xD And I really like Oscar and Kyle, too :) Wouldn't say Kieran fits the mould quite as much... although loyal is definitely a thing there, what with his love affair with the axe gifted to him by Geoffrey xD 

Franz is a bit too much the young shota type for me. I like him enough, but he'll never grab me as much as the others. His and Amelia's supports are cute, though, and his support with his brother (I adore sibling supports. I wish there were more of them. Why the heck do Clair and Clive not support in SoV?! Or Geoffrey and Lucia in PoR... or even a base scene in RD?) 

Sorry, having fun discussing all the characters xD There are so many in FE whom I adore :) Even the ones I don't, I like to natter about ^.^

I hate that she's popular too. I can't get why anyone likes her. Same with Camilla.

I suppose there's not that big a difference which is why I don't hold Seth THAT high in regard, but Seth seems a little more badass to me, I guess, given the way he takes on Valter at the start of SS and almost gets smoked, and I like his design more. I think he kind of criticizes Ephraim later too, which is funny. lol And Ephraim probably deserved it. He's a bit reckless. :P Also, Seth's pairing with Eirika is just so sweet. I'm not usually into knight x princess pairings, but this one was an exception.

Kieran's just more enthusiastic and stuff. XD He's still loyal and dedicated to the bone, and I can still see him wanting to treat a woman properly. And I just find him hilarious. :P

Franz is meant to be shota? I thought shota was more like PoR Rolf and Tormod. They look 13 years old there. I thought Franz was more like 16. I believe Lucia and Geoffrey were going to have a support in PoR, but it got cut. A lot of planned supports for PoR were cut, sadly.

Haha, no worries.

18 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Welcome to the Heroes info thread where we discuss ships. :P

Ah, sorry about that. XD That is kind of off topic, huh?

EDIT: @DLNarshen Man, I still remember how I was questing for those green great badges in order to make Frederick my first 5 star. And now I'm sitting on big piles of badges and great badges. lol It is kind of ridiculous now. :P

Edited by Anacybele

To stay up till 3:30 or sleep? The struggle is real.

I'm personally predicting CYL banner, a new TT and either a new banner with Magvel or Tellius characters.

What I would like in said banners are:

Magvel: Joshua (Sword Infantry (With Audhulma as his weapon)), Lute (Blue Tome Infantry (With Thoron+ just so we have it)), Myrrh (Green Breath Infantry (We need another, plus I think that would be every playable manakete in the series minus Bantu and Nagi)) and Seth (Lance Cavalry (We don't need another Lance/Cavalry, I know, but I want Seth)).

Tellius: Elincia (Sword Flier (I would like a better Sword Flier for Flier Emblem, and Amiti would make Elincia amazing)) and Micaiah (Blue Tome Infantry (Thani would be her personal and would be effective against armours. Also, she could easily be a green tome unit since unlike dark magic which is portrayed as red magic, light magic has been both blue (Linde's Aura) and green (Julia's Naga)). I honestly have no clue who else, though Laguz would be cool (Though that would mean having to add a new weapon type which would probably drastically change the game).

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

Among everything else that's been speculated so far (except the 6* possibility, fuck that), I'm hoping for a mode/feature that makes use of badges.  I'm sitting at nearly 2,000 of each kind of regular badge and ~600 of the greats with no way to make use of even a small fraction of them.  The badge output was one of those things that made sense during the first month of release, but has gotten a bit ridiculous now.   

This would be one of the few changes I think the game "needs" (also a improvement on the 3* pool). Badges are the only resource that become obsolete after a certain amount of playing.

Maybe you could pull 2*/3* with lesser/greater badges.