I'm in over my head - A bad player's first Ironman Fire Emblem 12 run (and first let's play)!

I see the Pretzel bullying has reached new heights. I like it.

4 hours ago, Rubenio said:

The following content may be disturbing to efficient players

Ok, no problem.

and hoarders.

(Puts on helmet)

And that's it. Before anything else, it's time to sell this junk.

For a moment there I thought you were going to sell Pretzel. If only...

Yes! Elrean!

The Elreman!

Intencionally or not, it was a reset, and it was dishononable, so to the counter it goes.

EDIT: 4th page! Otro paso hacia la dominación del universo! :D :Wrys::Wrys::Wrys::Wrys::Wrys::Wrys:

Edited by Franp3

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Rubenio said:

Rejoice, Serra. I've decided to use Frost instead of Pretzel. He's still way worse (if nothing else because his HP is very low), and probably won't ever amount to anything other than healing, but I love the man, so I'm happy to have an excuse to bring him along.

Yes! By the way, FE12's lategame prepromotes are REALLY bad base stat-wise, but they do have at least decent growths and Frost is no exception, IIRC.

d0WIubs.png?1 A-A-AHHH! R-Ruben! Help! I--

ZyMLR0k.png Luke! What's wrong with you!? We're in the middle of a battle!

d0WIubs.png?1 Th-there's a veeeeery scary man here, he wants to speak to you!

ZyMLR0k.png Scary? What do you mean? And does he not know we're in the middle of a battle?

d0WIubs.png?1 H-he says he comes from the battlefield!

ZyMLR0k.png What?! Tell him to come in!

KL7BAFE.png Good evening.

LghVj9q.png Ah, hello, Sir Frost. We'll move out again soon, so please, be quick.

KL7BAFE.png Of course. Worry not, It'll only take me a minute.

LghVj9q.png All right. What is it?

KL7BAFE.png I'd like you to send this letter for me. I trust you've the means to do that. It can wait until after this battle, if you're too busy...

ZyMLR0k.png Hmm, indeed I am...

xTth22d.png I'll take care of it, if you don't mind.

LghVj9q.png Yes, that would be most convenient.

KL7BAFE.png Very well, thank you. Well, I think I'll go back to the rearguard now. I hope my power is being of use to you, Sir Ruben.

LghVj9q.png It very much is. Be safe, Sir Frost. Your family would be sorrowful if you were to fall in battle.

I'm waiting for someone to point out the ironry in this whole exchange. Don't leave me hanging, guys.

d0WIubs.png?1 Ah! N-no! Don't hurt me!

KL7BAFE.png Hurt you? But why would I hurt a nice boy like you?

fbDIBCu.png Don't mind that guy... he's... not very smart, to say the least.

KL7BAFE.png Well, if you say so... in any case, I think it's about time I head back.

LghVj9q.png I'll see you after the battle.

d0WIubs.png?1 ...not very smart...?

Part 32 - In which everything went wrong - part 2.

I just realised how weird the title is. It's like that one chapter in FE7 that's a side quest of a side quest, chapter 19x part 2.

20 hours ago, Franp3 said:

I see the Pretzel bullying has reached new heights. I like it.

Yeah, and you know what's the best part? Frost will be better than him by the end of this chapter. Think about it.

(Puts on helmet)

I hope the rescue abuse didn't hurt your heart too much. I wouldn't like to lose one of my best repliers.

For a moment there I thought you were going to sell Pretzel. If only...

The bridge key was more useful than Pretzel. Think about it~

The Elreman!

He's here to put Pretzel in his place!

Intencionally or not, it was a reset, and it was dishononable, so to the counter it goes.

God damnit Franp. Fine. I'll do it, just for you.

EDIT: 4th page! Otro paso hacia la dominación del universo! :D :Wrys::Wrys::Wrys::Wrys::Wrys::Wrys:

And 2000 total views! Ya solo necesitamos reclutar a todos estos pobres ilusos para nuestro ejercito, y estaremos preparados. Creo.:KnollRoll::KnollRoll::KnollRoll::KnollRoll:

10 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Yes! By the way, FE12's lategame prepromotes are REALLY bad base stat-wise, but they do have at least decent growths and Frost is no exception, IIRC.

Yeah, the base arena is more or less required to use all of these guys, except for Frost who can heal just fine without any help. I regret being so harsh when I reviewed him, he's more usable than I thought he would, even after missing a chapter. He's certainly better than the Wolfguard. Staves is quite good, and even though Katarina does outclass him badly, he has some uses.

5 hours ago, deskita said:

If anyone's going to die, it's likely to be either Frost or members of the Wolfguard in my opinion.

23 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

I bet you'll recruit Wolf and Vynland, but that someone will die. No offense. :P

Uhhh, interesting! Conflicting wagers! Let's find out who's wronger.

Spoiler

Ck0xOKN.png

Last time, everyone and their mother had charged at us. Today, we charge at them.

aUKCTLs.png

Leiden claims today's first blood. Unfortunately for the Horseman, he has almost capped speed.

ySHgB3J.pnggtm4XYG.png

Enough to double the helpless Horseman, of course. And now it's capped! Also, that defense is really great, he's two points ahead of his average.

OI4OmLn.pngrMGXNYG.png

His partner in jacket follows suit. Defense!

zg8rzue.png

Yumina, too, fights. We need all hands on deck. Except for Frost.

That said, Frost's role is equally as important. I wouldn't want to lose anybody.

PWMUPZc.pngSxhWHAX.png

Castor helps Yumina not die before bringing death to this Horseman. He missed his first hit, sadly, so...

n0Ey5Cg.png

Athena finishes the job.

Rylty5Z.png

Slowly but surely, the enemy vanguard is falling apart.

GIGJIbB.png

Good enough. Strength is good, as is HP.

sEOfxxl.pngnEU3Amf.png

Look, Marth got a kill! Who could've forseen this?

Oh, it's spelled "foreseen"? Crap. Well, that's one typo I'm not going back to correct, I've used that word way too many times.

BpKvOsH.png

In any case, Marth gets... exactly the same level-up he got last time. Yuck. I won't even benefit from the reset!

CeyKnU7.png

Frost heals, and...

6uwn5KB.png

I think it's about time we trapped Sedgar. He will attack Castor, but Castor has his axe equipped, so Sedgar should survive...

RNbLLdu.png

...oh. Well... fuck.

7psRnDO.png

He's going to attack Yumina, isn't he?

LHon6pa.png

Of course. Why not! Life is overrated anyways!

wgHH2Pt.png

I can't even pray for a miss because Yumina has a 100% chance to hit him twice.

OPXyIwY.png

Well, at least now I've a use for that 1 use rescue staff. I now MUST save Midia.

I mean, I would've done it anyway, but now it's imperative that I do.

7qK9IFy.png

At least we got his bow. Not that he would've done more.

Sedgar and Wolf used to be early Karels who kicked ass once you got them a few level-ups. Now? They're some of the worst units in the game. They're less bad than Roshea and Vyland at base, but they're still really, really bad. That said, Sedgar and Wolf are outrageously high leveled, so RNG abusing can only take them so far. The only way to make these two viable is to feed them statboosters. Really, I don't think it's such a big loss. Wolf never even gets over Hardin's death! It's a shame Sedgar had to fall as well, but this is war, I'm afraid.

foXjGj0.pngIg50FT5.png

I was slightly worried about Robert, but of course, since her defense is low, everyone left in the vicinity went after Yumina, failing to realise she was wielding the Nosferatu until it was too late. At least we can now move forward.

tioIn0Z.png

Wow. 10 defense? I stand corrected, her defense isn't low, it's as high as Robert's! This girl. And to think, I once tried to use Linde. It would've been such a waste. Look, we've something to thank Lang for! Thanks, Lang!

Mr5ok53.png

Frost does his thing.

3uVJi7R.pngiobQRDt.png

I stand corrected again: we can't move forward just yet, for these slowpokes were here, desperately trying to catch up to the rider squad. They never will.

gPUwjdK.png

Elrean heals in Frost's stead.

SiRL2qv.png

Meanwhile, Roshea and Vyland move south to the town. They are no longer needed, and I'd rather not risk them taking a stray ballista bolt or something.

GgrIumf.png

Frost does his thing again...

aiJxcnM.pngL4WmjJn.png

Tomas and Matthis renew their weaponery, as their steel weapons were almost broken.

CapaEpv.png

And we begin to move. Imagine this for a few turns as I prepared to attack.

k5UQXkT.png

First things first, the less enemies, the better. Matthis tricks a couple of Horsemen into attacking him. Bad mistake.

SIUQCyU.png

I'll make sure they learn just how mistaken they are the hard way.

60hu633.pngH0PSal5.png

Or should I say, the frosty way? Eh? Eh?

I really like the Bishop sprite in this game. It looks really good, especially the cape. The animations, as always, are kinda bland, but the hat makes up for that. I still like the FE6 Bishop animations better. They should've never gotten rid of the hat. Yodel looked amazing.

SGUvs4H.png

He can't stay there, though. Feena takes care of that.

qjG6gLC.png

And now he's free to heal once again.

bioumkD.png

Not bad. Not bad at all. Keep on getting HP.

HBl3dLE.png

Elrean tops Castor off. I want everybody to be fully healed for phase 2 of the plan.

5uyFPJs.png

But before that, Tomas brings down the second Horseman.

K4RBInt.png

And Feena dodges a ballista bolt. This guy is so annoying.

P8JAOFF.png

And so, we move up! Matthis leads the charge, as usual.

Lrxzr04.png

Oh. That's it? No reinforcements? Meh.

k2MeGLp.png

Die, you imbecile! I'm tired of you.

AhfS4jv.png

Leiden critically hits the General to death.

fSKDhZv.pngFCtivs7.png?1

This is it. Please, don't die, guys.

c1vjRx9.pngEqlDHjY.png

ACK! BLISTERING BARNACLES! Thank God Leiden's awesome!

I9M3HFQ.png

This doesn't matter. But we've still a long way ahead of us. Leiden, please, put that capped speed to good use and dodge everyone's attempts at killing you!

FjFhFNx.png2jptHsO.pngeeBvlmn.png

Surprisingly enough, most of them went after Matthis and Tomas. Well, I suppose Tomas can't retaliate while Leiden has a silver lance equipped. And they've the same defense.

2wXCgOG.png

Hey, Wolf. Rejoice, you're about to die for your beloved liege.

4d9pq2G.png

Dice takes an arrow to the knee, which means Leiden doesn't. This is going well so far.

NTfqKkh.png

Ourgh!

bEckhUM.png

No! Leiden! Survive! I'm begging you!

iJlKTRP.pngxaKYbMl.png

What an underwhelming way to reach your level cap. You didn't cap speed!

Oh well, you're still my best man. Look at those stats. This guy is going to take the Gradivus and never let go of it.

9oLBLSl.pngM7KRxh8.png

Aaaaand the last enemies go after Tomas and Matthis! Yes! Leiden has survived!

waFDx3B.png

Hell yeah, I celebrate by risking to lose him to a 89% chance. God damnit, past me, why? Why did you do that?

LJOoe0T.png

Screw you, past me.

nXJo1un.png

I've no idea what this is. Probably Frost physicing Leiden, but don't take my word for it.

uyF8ndu.png6vFVwsL.pngXKzs2bI.png

Time to end this! Everyone, attack!

yv0YVKb.png

Hahahah. Vun voman's great. And she's getting greater and greater by the day.

puJiYEy.pnguboMmMa.png

Stay in this fort, and please attract some heat, Yumina.

Oh dear, that didn't sound good. I should probably word that differently, but I'm too lazy to go back and change it. I'm spanish, after all. I've bull fighting to watch and paella to eat. Except I don't like bull fighting. But paella's great.

IuGLrgO.png52gWifW.png

Frost.jpg

pePyNAU.png

And thus, the Wolfguard comes to an end as her leader falls in battle.

4MckVZ7.png

He has the exact same death quote as Sedgar and Vyland. Not Roshea, though, he just screams "glory to Aurelis!!" which is... way more original than his comrades, or the "luck be with you sire" lot.

v6bE5CN.pngORomsd7.png

Time to take on the second wave of reinforcements. Robert will be fine, I placed some guys around him.

Ssu5EbQ.png

But first, this crap. Ballisticians are so annoying.

SH8eowZ.png

Oh. Turns out I didn't send anyone in to shield Robert.

You see, I thought "Yumina is a squishy female Sage, they'll all go for her". But I forgot that, since she's been getting so much defense lately, she was just as sturdy as Robert. And, of course, the fort further increased her durability. The resulf of all this is...

FC2tpPw.png

...Robert's demise, of course.

mOZ1fo7.png

And I went through so much trouble to make you good, Robert... farewell, my magnificently jacketed friend.

But you know what? Fine. Athena was going to get the Mercurius anyway. Affordable losses.

8rOa36R.png

Wait, what? Dice as well? No!

QaBKbc3.png

Okay, nobody else attacked us. Good, good. Time to avenge Robert. Perish!

IVuyMD4.pngc83w0Ze.png

You as well! All shall fall before my might!

LwBQTwt.png

Okay, this makeshift living wall should be enough to ensure everybody's survival.

K7LkC0V.png

How nice. You're nowhere near Yumina, but you're still okay. Good as a backup healer and spellcaster.

2m1CuBv.pngYlOKL8y.pngZmsackT.png

And Frost takes care of the rest of the injured.

9fhjHqX.png

Jesus Christ, what's up with this dancer? 12 defense? How?

YhH7Wka.png

Of course, yet ANOTHER wave of reinforcements. You can never get too much experience, amirite?

17NgsgF.png

God damnit, I swear, if I lose Dice as well...

Z5syUol.png

Argh! Yes! Perfect!

NEoabzn.png

NO! STOP! CEASE THIS CRITTING AT ONCE!

t6t0yR7.png

Why?! You were going to live!

xYGmfJz.png

Oh. Never mind, he wouldn't have lived either way.

G7wAoqm.png

At least... at least you took down that guy before you died. So long, viking guy. You did well.

This is bad. Now I've lost my only dedicated axe user. I could use Ymir, I guess, but... eh. I'll think about it. Maybe Minerva. A few rounds in the drill grounds should do it...

MbBiTwz.png

But first, we need to survive this battle!

wR3c1jm.pngXyjSzmU.png

Good. Nobody else died. And nobody else will, for that was the last wave of reinforcements.

xMzkZou.png1vDyOHj.png

You will all die. It is inevitable.

ssYjeFm.png

Not very good. Step up your game, Tomas. Please. I'm trying to prove to the world that you're great.

E0CXh0F.png

More frosty bussiness.

hrq3xbN.png

Dice, your death has now been avenged. Not that it matters, since you cannot hear me, but oh well. He had to die, anyways.

0dN3H3K.png

Not as great as the last level-up you got, but still great.

PjVPqEh.png

Home stretch now. Keep on going, people!

Vw5xPPi.png

Yumina thinks she's got enough speed, luck and defense, and has decided now she wants to be a normal Mage. I'm not complaining.

4jpOBFh.pngoiYQ4Fx.png

And with this, the cavalry's dead.

qfOhcQC.png

Bleh.

kDWnvIO.png

And with this, not just the cavalry's dead. Everybody but Nerring and the accursed Ballisticians is dead!

cSRZnfK.png

Leiden's going to be a better fighter than Matthis one of these days. Only because of his speed. Generals are not without weaknesses, sadly. But killing is not his job.

jItH49O.png

Frost heals Leiden. As usual.

NnzFeII.png

Pretty good. Magic's good, although I would've prefered if that point of skill was a point of HP instead.

B8icRkw.pngYZ2k40P.pngeLYN730.pngQB3N4Cu.png

I think it's time to destroy all of these guys, what do you say?

FM8WmkJ.png

That was nice. Level-up for Athena!

ZHp1DRy.png

Hahahah. This woman's too good. 16 defense on a Falcoknight.

etw7LDu.png

In fact, I think I'll send her to fight Nerring.

ONI1JOF.png3HALc9A.png

You got that right, pal. That's exactly why we're going to make sure you stop standing there.

Zy8YNbD.pnggFfGZvd.png

Good. And now...

8XZPNho.pngSF1QuT7.png

Critical Tomas!

B8o4Jsm.png

This game has a severe lack of memorable underlings. Hardin's a good villain, and the assasins are nice sub-villains, but the only general working for Hardin that wasn't throughoutly forgettable was Lang, and Lang died in chapter 6. Instead of someone like Narcian, or Valter, or Duessel, or Camus, or Narcian, or Murdock, or... you get the point, he got Nerring, the General who wanted the empire to have a long life.

3lb6G4G.png

Augh! No matter. We'll top that level off in the arena.

o3YWUU3.png

But before that, frostbite!

rkPjGKI.png

And a bunch of turns of walking later...

KYdy0hd.png

I was going to pull out because Tomas got doubled, but he refused to let this chance to level up go.

PoSr8vS.png

Just so he could mock me by getting the exact same crap. Damnit, Tomas. Your face is laughable enough, you don't need to try to be funny with your level-ups. We got Leiden for that.

JWIbLfq.png

Just frosty things.

DExo7G4.pngl1gOFHn.png8HTD6m9.png7HHChyV.png

Athena, too, fights a couple of battles.

Wz7He4t.png

50 HP. Holy crap. 24 speed! 20 luck! I knew I could count on you, Athena.

ZzYYQx1.png

And that's a level-up for the Bishop.

Xk1TUQZ.png

Frosty.

My2NM0B.png

Before we go, let's give Vyland something to do. He buys a bunch of stuff. One of each silver weapon, a mend, and an elfire tome, if I'm not mistaken. That should be enough for the rest of the game.

mxIBpkG.png

And we're done! Hopefully, no more death will take place--

irbe3kT.png

Excellent. Fuckin' A. Me and my blasted mouth.

KbieUEi.png

Boah's Wendell but with a green attire. Green is my favourite colour, and I dig the 'stache, but otherwise, he looks worse than Wendell. His hat just doesn't have the charm of Wendell's pope headgear.

Q50Wce8.png

I don't see why. You could've been really progressive and make Archanea the first country with a female leader in the continent.

nzb2DTo.pngFqUe3Dr.pngcDGu4r0.png

Oh, I'm sorry, I was wrong. Boah isn't just green Wendell. He's also a pragmatic asshole.

UfvPmad.pngQ6Weh0v.pngsnig1v6.png

Why would it be heresy? I don't understand. Is it because he's supposed to be death? Oh, of course, it's because he isn't a noooooooooooooooble. Only nobles can marry nobles. Jeez.

Di6HkHr.pngbGiW5Io.png

Emphasis on "was". It doesn't look like he's happy anymore, judging by your current health condition.

b0twYfj.pngxjWmgbO.png

If I recall correctly, he talked to Nyna in his joining chapter. And then he never spoke again. But, fine, let's say he loved her.

hjq26uU.pngFhRRkuT.png

Surely you thought there was no way that could've ended badly, eh, Boah?

CoRAOM0.pngws1aQUo.png

No, I don't know why I show this CG now instead of when it actually appeared. I was in full auto mode with the cropping by now, okay?

VLPPwKY.png

Well, to be honest, this being the middle ages of anime, you didn't exactly have much of a choice. In fact, I think you did well, all things considered. You could've forced her to marry Marth, that would've been even worse. Imagine that, a game with Hardin as the protagonist fighting evil Marth.

Now I wish you'd been a huge asshole to Sheeda, Boah.

k0jrui0.png

Again with the underreactions. "How do you know about Gharnef?", "Why did Hardin randomly beat the crap out of you?" "Why didn't you or anybody else become regent to buy enough time for Nyna to sort the whole situation out properly?" "Why did noone try to help Hardin when he was in such trouble?" "How, exactly, did a suspiciously dead merchant infiltrate castle Archanea to give Hardin, supposedly still drunk in his room, the Darksphere?". These are a few examples of questions you could've asked, Marth. And yet you just say "So that's how it is". You're the protagonist, I guess.

At least you asked about Nyna.

zVCBtLr.pngidBAxRH.png

Once again, how do you know that? Were you listening?

Maybe that's it. Boah was spying on them, but Hardin caught him and almost killed him, leaving him for dead, and the rest is history. I don't think they ever explain any of this, but it makes sense, doesn't it? This theory at least answers the first two questions Marth should've asked instead of saying "So that's how it is".

a4r7H5j.png

Frost burned through a whole physic staff, so I appreciate this, Boah.

oAgWFtd.pngqb1gu6Z.pngHLJ1pNg.png

And so he dies, and it becomes clear that, while he was a pragmatic fool whose mistakes caused this whole war, he was still just a man who cared for his country and, yes, for Nyna as well.

tYgSoJA.png3iDCofo.png

And there we go, another Thoron and another physic.

Thanks, Boah. I won't let your death be in vain. I won't let anybody's deaths be in vain.

Tomorrow, we put Hardin out of his misery.

I've just realised I haven't posted the dishonorable reset counter for a few updates. Sneaky. So sneaky, in fact, not even I noticed it!

Dishonorable reset count: 2 Curse you, Franp!

Reset count: 9 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 2)

Death count: Linde
                       Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice

*Retreated.

3 hours ago, Rubenio said:

I hope the rescue abuse didn't hurt your heart too much. I wouldn't like to lose one of my best repliers.

yay i'm one of your best repliers!

Why not! Life is overrated anyways!

Me_irl.

Or should I say, the frosty way? Eh? Eh?

Nice one.

I'm spanish, after all. I've bull fighting to watch and paella to eat.

Pretty much how the rest of the world sees spaniards.

So sneaky, in fact, not even I noticed it!

I noticed it last update, but thought you didn't include it because it hadn't been used for so long.

Edited by Franp3
Grammar

Insulting Linde? I'll have you know, her ghost will be angry and vengeful for that, and will retain all her spellcasting abilities! Be afraid, oh Ruben.io!

On second thought, you're good. 

Oop, looks like I was wronger more wrong. Well, Live and Learn. (Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!)

Damnit, guys! You failed to notice the irony in my exchange with Frost! As punishment, no opening dialogue today!

fbDIBCu.png You just have no ideas, do you?

Shut it, Rody! I am not even using my avatar! We can't talk!

fbDIBCu.png Avatar? What are you talking about?

Well, uh... how do I explain...

d0WIubs.png?1 Is it like when I go to a girl and pretend to be someone I am not to entertain her so she--

Enough! Enough... but... huh. That's... surprisingly accurate, leaving aside the last part.

fbDIBCu.png ...I can't say I understand, but we've more pressing matters to attend to.

dmIsQgT.png Indeed. We can't lose now, can we?

Let us move! Today, Hardin falls! Today!

dmIsQgT.png Are you sure it'll be today, though?

Yes! The end of Hardin's reign will most certainly take place today!

dmIsQgT.png Very well. I pray for everybody's safety.

Part 33 - The beginning of Hardin's end.

On 2/9/2017 at 5:03 AM, Franp3 said:

yay i'm one of your best repliers!

:KnollRoll:

Me_irl.

Heh... aaahhh indeed.

Nice one.

Thank you.

Pretty much how the rest of the world sees spaniards.

Yeah, that and flamenco. Basically, foreigners think all of Spain is Andalucia.

I noticed it last update, but thought you didn't include it because it hadn't been used for so long.

Well, the point of that counter was to show how shamefully bad I am at playing by the rules at all times. Now, it also comes to show how shamefully bad I am at copy-pasting.

On 2/9/2017 at 3:35 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Insulting Linde? I'll have you know, her ghost will be angry and vengeful for that, and will retain all her spellcasting abilities! Be afraid, oh Ruben.io!

Oh, dear!

On second thought, you're good. 

Right, she died back in chapter 6 and gained one point of magic. My resistance is higher than that.

Then again, it's Linde, she's got other talents for combat.

Like her friendship with Nyna, that could be bad for me.

Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking about.

Oop, looks like I was wronger more wrong. Well, Live and Learn. (Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!)

Not really, I'd say you two were equally wrong, but at the same time, equally right.

21 hours ago, deskita said:

Well, I did not see Robert and Dice dying while I did see Sedgar and Wolf dying, does that even out?

Exactly. Between the two you got it right, so give me your addresses and I'll send half a cookie to each of you.

Spoiler

tKaEif6.png

I might split this update in half, again. 400 screencaps is nothing to sneeze at. These two chapters are quite long. Fittingly, since this is (one of) the grand finale(s).

QaVeLUp.pngxArfj7D.png

Look at Hardin. He looks so ashamed of himself.

ALCBow3.png

Well, they haven't given us anything. The village contained Roshea, who, as far as I know, is not an Archanean. This is Fire Emblem, nobody ever visits houses that don't yield any reward!

t2LJNyV.pngqkZIIrl.png

It's a good thing Hardin is far since gone. It would kill him to know everybody hates him. I mean, knowing one woman didn't love him was what killed him!

5FAC7r9.png

Look at that. Our favourite weak, idealistic child is learning.

vsDQT8T.pngG9mpzbX.png

Go!

vVsLUgn.pngduED6mX.pngrE9wrCS.png

Tutorials.

2dM0QG0.pngIiylzw2.png

All righty, first things first, Frost follows Etzel's footsteps. All things considered, he didn't really need the defense, as I'm never going to allow this guy to be attacked, but eh.

9PlLQBn.pngE1sSYOH.pngriUDqor.png

Statboosting. Sadly, Frost can't use the arms scroll to increase his staff level. I never understood why the scroll can't be used for staves. But who cares, Yumina's got A rank there, so she'll be taking the fortify staff.

Yumina gets Wolf's dracoshield, as well, since I feel like she'll make the most out of the defense boost. Tomas is in a bit of an awkward position when it comes to speed, so I help him out a little. Now he's right on his average speed. Yeah, my Tomas is a bit stat screwed.

WLPbEPf.png2ssKLa0.png

Inventory management. Xane will be coming along today, because after losing Dice and Robert, I have free space, and I'm sure as hell not going to take Sheema or someone like that along.

Vvtt3ow.png

Then I sold a bunch of junk and got a bit of cash. It'll be used for...

6I35Fes.pngT64RXjY.pngT0HAaJf.png

Wait, before that, free stuff. Jesus. That's awful.

Okay, you know the drill, find some training songs.

B9ckJvC.pngQvlzywl.pnglDZ8FwU.pngnJBD8pm.png

Minerva's... Minerva's really bad, not gonna lie. But I've put gold into her, and now I'm going to get my money's worth.

That wasn't such a nice line. I should probably word that differently. But I'm still spanish, so I can't. We spaniards are infamous for being bad at english.

Wait a minute.

VGJAojn.png

Oh, good day to you, Frost. Yeah, Wrys took care of that, don't worry.

CZcQLPv.pngMvq0VEc.png

I know I keep saying this, but it's just... look at that fucking frown! It's square shaped! How does a man this happy and carefree develop a frown bigger than Hardin's, or Gharnef's, or Medeus', or Navarre's, or Michalis'...

PEzzGOd.pngPVWunHC.png

It's always the little things...

miyAfqx.pngCpeFWDI.png

I reckon you're all happy! A nice, happy family.

I can't let this guy die. I really can't. I'd feel heartless. Sure, I already am heartless at this point, but this guy is not a soldier. His death would leave several people (grand)fatherless. Frost must live!

Uqc25dh.png4Tx5ooo.pngcZDXkyK.png

And that's how Frost became a magic user. He just... sort of accidentally adquired his power for his family.

I would make a joke about him sucking ass, but he's too nice a guy for me to bully him so.

4DjaPr6.png

You, on the other hand... Pretzel, this ailing old man is better than you. He's better than you! Do you understand that? Frost is better than you! And he's widely considered the worst Mage in the entire game!

XcpF87z.pnge485jBr.png

I can imagine.

nkaWJ0e.pngNpffUW2.png

No, Frost! Don't befriend him! He's useless.

tnlN3Ny.pngN41Ueyp.png

Bwahahahah. They actually thought of changing this part for the female MU. Not Frost, man, not Frost. He's too good a person.

bJHWC3b.pngoXpIIf4.png

Awkward. It's not like you deserve to have your back washed by Frost, anyways.

All right, who's next?

pHIYle0.png

Tomas! Yeaaah! Is this the day? The day Pretzel dies?

bAUpyDj.pnguaz2ze4.png

You're a nice guy, Tomas.

gj5hCJn.png

ACK! NO! What have I done!? I've spoken the same words as Pretzel!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH.

fZFCEV6.png

I am now clinically depressed.

WBl5QQu.png

I no longer am clinically depressed! Go ahead! SHOOT HIM! PIERCE HIS ENTIRE BODY! END HIS SORRY USELESS LIFE! KILL HIIIIIIIIIM!

IgNtF5R.pnggHnDob8.png

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaah. I love it. Seriously! He shoots him even though he refuses to cooperate! This guy is amazing. But not as amazing as his face. It's quite amazing. They took a Gordin clone, turned him into a Sedgar clone in FE3, and then made him into the embodiment of dorkiness in the DS games, with a weird hairdo and a wimpy face. Which, in and of itself, makes him quite unique. Certainly not as boring as Guard.

Anyone else?

uCvoZ8l.png

Oh, Athena!

Yeah... like reconnaisance. That's probably spelled wrongly, and I won't go back to correct it.

...okay, no, just kidding, I can't. It's reconnaissance.

v4q4N2w.pngO6RIKpb.png

Yey, friendshit. Sorry, friendship. Ahem.

3dzaED8.pngc9BlHoq.png

Apologize... what?

SwpnuI0.png

Yeah, exactly.

yxKJIIT.png

Okay, this is it.

cyU1NmJ.png Face me! I shan't let her fall into your hands! Not you, of all people!

NJcLq68.pngJuGTlB5.png

...never mind. He's too stupid. I won't even have to murder him.

V5uuZWT.pngQMyd5EK.png

By the way, see, Nohrianknight? Wronger is correct. It appears in this game!

Although, I'd rather say it's wrong and use it against Pretzel. Sure, I was wrong too, but who cares about that.

Stupid Pretzel, can't spell "more wrong" right.

uxmSFvt.pngM79csB0.png

"I don't know what kind of thanks you had in mind". Come, now! I'm a shy, recluse virgin and even I am not as dense as you! Jesus!

Cw5EH6d.png

Heh heh heh heh heh. "Ve don't remember giving any". I do wonder what she has in mind. Heh. Snort.

8qQ6bBZ.png

BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH no not really.

cIlBP5L.pngtS3nsiv.png

Well, I may be able to cut it with this sword of mine.

iohvhQ7.pnggqJqXn4.pngMLXfxMo.png

I love the face she makes when she says that. Where or when, it's irrelevant, all that matters is how!

...why do I always end up talking of M rated stuff whenever Athena shows up?

ArEHDFU.png

Pretzel you're the stupidest person I've ever seen.

GW8503j.png

Even she knows you're fucking idiotic!

Fdz8wWJ.png4GaEfLh.png

Anyway, Castor goes back to being a Horseman. I think he'll be more useful like this.

Wow. Look at those defenses. This is the reason Castor has been neglected by me constantly: he can't take a hit, unlike everybody else worth having who's still alive. You know, Castor, everyone with durability as low as you not called Yumina or Frost is dead. You might want to do something about it.

rpoFzGb.pngDBEVuRW.png

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've last showcased the formation and the boss. But this is a boss worth showing. Look at those stats. Bosses in general are never that big of a threat because of their inability to move from their thrones, but Hardin will not be easy to take down when the time comes.

osP1oiU.pngFY7hfZZ.pngaWZFvjB.pngjByWeT7.png

More crap! I know, it's been a while since the last update. Well, just a couple days, but when you usually update once per day... I just wasn't feeling like it yesterday, sorry. I'm spanish and all that.

be8t4en.png

And we go!

yhUiajP.png

Midia is apparently blind and cannot see the fact that Hardin's eyes are red and have no pupils. Honestly, I think they handled the whole "possesed big bad" affair better with Lyon. At least Lyon didn't look like a zombie, even when he was in full evil mode.

By the way, just for the record, I humbly believe Lyon's the best written villain in the entire series, especially in Ephraim's route. Just saying.

0nlH3d1.png

You know Midia is smarter than her fiance because she at least knows Hardin had something to do with Nyna's disappearance.

FFg0FLT.pngqWodj8l.pngXwBsvTJ.png

I love this line. "All I wanted to do was destroy Grust, but she just HAD to get in the way! Dangit, it's not like I wanted to destroy the entire world! It was just fuckin' Grust, for crying out loud! Why does nothing ever go my way?!"

E7ZwNvw.png447clGC.png

I'd say about... one.

rctB1UM.pngRWH5W3Z.pngPTjd1Q4.png

This guy was Zephiel before Zephiel was a thing. But Zephiel had the best General under his command while Hardin got Lang and a bunch of throwaway guys, so it evens out.

MncFD8p.png

We'll see who snuffs whose life out.

P4KKFNB.pngJzqkTGe.pngcWmoiLn.png

Before anything else, Leiden, acclaimed bounty hunter and Thief catcher, catches this Thief and hunts his bounty, the master key.

80gvKdl.png6zPQ5Gw.png

And we rescue Midia!

Let's talk about her. Midia has a higher speed base than Wolf and Sedgar. This automatically makes her better than the entire Wolfguard, but... just barely so. She can be slightly useful in this chapter, certainly more so than the Wolfguard was in the last chapter, but other than that... her growths aren't even that good.

epPVYu4.png

That said, I give her some weapons. Maybe I'll do something with her.

Spoilers, I don't.

WmjrcQg.png

And Xane imitates Frost. He'll be making himself useful. Or try to, at least.

XN7zsM1.png

Jesus, 2% crit. Frost's luck is so awful.

AYmSoZg.png

Without further ado, let's begin the assault.

L9hmtUG.pngBzC8IZQ.png

Down goes the first Hero.

OD8yBnQ.png3rJjLqV.png

And, with a little help from Leiden...

mUUw2Ki.png

Down goes the second Hero. We're inside!

E5qVaDF.png

And here is the first Frosty heal of the chapter.

E3GTbsm.png

Swarm. These guys are annoying, but... not very much so. At this point, I would've expected siege Bishops to be equipped with meteor, at least.

H02CaPp.png

Of course. Go for Yumina, why not.

BwR73Sb.png

Once the player phase rolls around, Yumina goes for this Sniper here. With the shaver, obviously, I don't want to waste the Nosferatu tomes too much. No crit, sadly, but that's fine.

E58uSaM.png

That'll be capped speed. What a unit.

Gz0S42Y.pngoDkWb7F.png

Kill for Minerva! I don't have many hopes for her, but eh. At least her defense is really high. A few statboosters and she should be good to go. Michalis will probably be better than her, though.

TmzxDcv.png

I like to talk about how I keep neglecting Castor, but really, I've also shafted Elrean pretty badly. The man is in a bit of an awkward spot in that he doesn't have either Yumina's raw stats and Nosferatu and Aura access or Frost/Etzel's healing abilities. For how good we used to be, right now he's just merely mediocre.

wpkqIKz.pngtVJBiFD.png

Hah! Perfect. Shame I can't let this guy go anywhere.

PzxIoRY.png

But Leiden's close to getting a level-up, and this will allow him to finish the Hero off with just a javelin after helping Yumina equip her Nosferatu tome.

e36nnAx.png

Good work, Leiden. I can't unlock his supports, sadly (I used him once, but much like Frost, it was before changing to the DLC savefile). I was counting on getting all his conversations with Robert, since those with Pretzel aren't very interesting, but alas, 'twas not to be.

cTI0bkr.png

Just Frosty things.

2ljZJbH.pngt1bvBFm.png

Matthis is falling behind. We better help him. Spoiler: he won't cross the Hero's corridor.

2v87reh.png

This is how things stand at the moment.

7lv4L2Y.pngD8nDFfe.png

Swarm.

KwBYcQa.png

And heals! Why now? Who knows!

ec4PWRg.png

Why would this guy go after Yumina? Yes, of course, she's the only one in his range, but...

0CLAriq.pngnhDscBm.png

Oh God, 1% crit. But Leiden does it better.

DYozze2.png

And that's it for the northern guards. I'll send someone after the guys stationed inside the prison cell.

ilmBtU8.pngm12nZC9.png

The Sage survived, but I don't think he'll live much longer.

wq0G2T9.pngzXUUFtq.png

Leiden, after getting healed by Elrean, has been chosen to go after the northern enemies. The swarm Bishop is no more.

dE1aiAl.pngul5D4BP.png

Marth retrieves the master key, while Midia settles for a standard door key. I think this is the door key from chapter 15? I've been hoarding that crap for far too long.

CPJx2No.png

Frost.

wCb6bRt.png

Feena does some dancing, and...

GUUjoHd.png

Some more Frost. I do not wish to lose Frost to that 3% crit, so I just move him away from the fleas' range.

cHO0ub3.png

Speed. Simple. Very much frosty.

yDysRQO.png

Here are the Paladins. Bastards. These guys are the biggest threat this chapter has to offer. Their spears mean not one of them is less of a threat just because they traded silver for range. If anything, the spear-toting riders are more dangerous.

iSucoSj.png

Of course, I was so worried about Frost, but Xane? Who cares about a friend of Gotoh's.

UdmzUFf.png

What's with everyone wanting to go after Tomas? His defenses are great! Why do they all go after Tomas?

zRC8aa0.png

Leiden is attacked by this Sage. I'm not sure why, but they didn't give the Hero any ranged weapons, so this is the only threat Leiden will face in this turn.

xpDiVHZ.png

And now he's dead. This guy gets better and better by the day.

IkHhw3H.png

Ah! Tomas! I wasn't expecting that. But it's fine, nobody else can reach Tomas.

MtBtUSP.pngzs0t8IC.pnglGcEqib.pngVS5igSL.png

Elrean, Frost, Feena and Frost. Need I say more?

c3UQCWI.png

Jeez. Okay, that kill's going to Minerva if I can arrange it.

Eig5iEL.png

But of course, Athena critically hits the guy while I was trying to wear him down. Why not? I bet she won't bother critting Hardin.

Yeah, she's going to do the honours. She and Leiden would be the most suitable individuals to face off with Hardin. Matthis would be better, sure, but I'd rather not use him because he gets doubled. He'd never die, and he'd do even more damage than anybody else, but I don't want Hardin to break the Gradivus too much before we can pry it out of his dead hands.

grn7FXp.png

Athena's stats are slightly worse than Leiden's, but Athena has access to a regalia while Leiden doesn't, so I picked her.

la4AUky.png

Neither Frost nor Elrean, but Yumina heals Athena.

0gXxidd.png

And there we go. Marth will be heading for the trasury, while Matthis heads back to the entrance to welcome the Paladins.

oH5KdzT.png

Even more Paladins. I fear for the future...

S4Teleb.png

Swarm. This guy is going down any moment now.

jahRkmL.pngDE5YT56.png

Look, a crit! One less spear to worry about.

jeepEvN.pngjfFGzA6.png

Athena will lure the Paladin closer to the main team.

eYCBQUS.pngctS8Cpr.png

Bishop kills. Except Castor completely obliterates his Bishop, while Minerva... can't quite do it.

HwbgNoR.pngwlPvlnH.png

There.

aUNs1oI.png

Minerva, you can't afford to get this sort of crap!

YIU5ctm.png

Xane was Xaney again, so I turn him into Elrean this time.

Ndz2i9t.png

And Yumina takes care of the healing.

BuM05cK.png

What? Oh, crap. The treasury also triggers this scene? I wasn't aware of that.

3-4 playthroughs, here. Although, in my defense, I'll say that it's been a while since I last made it this far without getting bored. With my usual casual playstyle I tend to get really bored in the endgames. I'll have to try doing ironman runs more often. It's been a blast thus far.

LCeMrnH.png

Fallen to the gutters? What a nice way to insult somebody. I'll use it against Pretzel as soon as I can.

pm2mYMb.pngnb8dosq.png

Evil Hardin is less agressive than Elice when describing Marth. Think about it.

gHngebN.pngpkxkgPw.png8Vc2n1r.pngaauZNZg.png

And here we have that "envy and wrath times ten" Gotoh warned us about. Hardin probably felt jealous of Marth for being favoured by Nyna, but never to the point of hating either of them. Only after the Darksphere turned him into a paranoid maniac he actually came to "utterly despise" Marth.

7vzkOlt.pngyvsesK6.png

Sure. I take it the grey skin, red pupilless eyes and Evil Coat™ are just a product of your unbalanced diet. Am I right?

3nq63ft.png

Marth, are you stupid? Gotoh told you the Darksphere takes one's darkest thoughts and makes them their only thoughts. And yet here you are, believing Hardin always hated you just because he told you. Come, now! You're better than this!

SDXeaiO.png

Uhh, I don't think Marth liked that one.

ou8MaLG.png1hHwtdV.png

Don't you worry, Hardin. We'll put you out of your misery soon enough.

kZJBr4q.pngtQF9PwF.png

Damnit! Reinforcements! Although, they're quite far away. I'm more worried about the latest wave of Paladins.

YyqnuO1.png0L1zzXl.pngTdA8T6D.png

Fighting. This is why I love Matthis. He may no longer be able to murder everything like he used to, but he can take on three spear/silver Paladins at once and take minimal damage. This would be way harder without him.

9xGkWHh.png

That won't save them.

JJNErWk.png

Sorry, I stand corrected. It will. for now.

cX0mGch.pngANQ2fHx.png

Look, a kill for Elrean! I didn't intend to give it to him, but sure, go ahead.

TZhhXuR.png

Okay, but you're so much worse than Yumina, this just isn't reasonable.

Still, Yumina wanted to thank Pretzel while you handed some very delectable verbal smackdowns to him. You're still badass, even if you've fallen behind the rest of the team as a unit.

COecm4p.png

This is what Minerva will be doing for the rest of the chapter. Boss abusing this guy who isn't a boss.

FxT6mQx.png

Marth begins the chest raiding. Cash! That's always nice.

bnxPJcg.pnggt4dJlv.pnglvtxtoa.png

Healing. I don't know what to do with Midia, so I'll just let her hang around overthere.

And this is it. Leiden and Athena will be stopping the Paladins dead in their tracks, before they can reach Frost and the like. Tomas will hang out behind them and shoot arrows over the duo's heads.

MNks15c.png

Again with the premature fortifies. Wasteful heathen. Be glad you don't drop that staff. Otherwise, I'd warp Yumina on top of you.

qhGVKop.pngzFdqFpt.png

I was rather worried, but for some reason, the Paladins seem to think Tomas is a better target than either of the frontliners. And this isn't just a rare occurrence, either, they'll be attacking Tomas over everyone else as long as they keep coming.

4wliNTO.png

Why? He murders them from afar just like Leiden and Athena would from melee range!

hWZAsFD.pngw4QK5WK.pngyihqoIr.pnglGHbNXu.png

They would've been way more successful had they all ganged up on Athena. Good thing they didn't.

ijxiIwM.png

Look at that. I don't understand, why would they put infantry there as reinforcements? I mean, good for me, these guys are way too slow. Once they arrive, we'll be ready to take them on.

36yCptr.pngiEwnnkW.png

To that end, we begin to kill Paladins. We better hurry, the infantry may be slow, but they're moving all the same. We can't afford to linger around longer than necessary.

KjN459t.pngO8YeMir.pngTpCWY4q.png

But before that, Frosty things, Minerva chip, and Marth chest opening. I've always wondered how, exactly, does the Fire Emblem open chests. Does it turn into a key?

Anyway, brave sword. Pretty good find.

AAsXzWm.png

And there we go. One less Paladin...

tDIlsC4.png

Excellent level. Now your HP isn't almost as low as Minerva's!

WGa93op.png

Two less Paladins...

L13HNgu.png

One more point of speed and she'll cap that stat. Keep at it, Athena!

tlitszd.png

Frostbite!

RJyI3MW.png

And you know what, Hardin? Two can play this game. Fortify!

IOZOaKg.png

Not as good as the others. Where's that 100% defense growth? I want it back.

ACMrr30.png

Leiden equips his javelin, so as not to kill more people than absolutely necessary during the enemy phase.

39KJybv.pngftqwPJ8.png

And, after the customary reinforcements and premature fortifying...

eNA0B1M.png

We brace for impact.

lkFrPdp.pngqw2ONiU.png

Good! Good level-up. Tomas is slightly worse than Castor offensively, but his superior durability allows him to be a more efficient frontliner.

OyA0DdN.pngTBJPLRW.pngB4M9kHw.pngzGve5d4.png

There we go, we've survived another turn.

QWQI1IX.pngtDiJ8U5.png

These guys keep on moving. But look at them, they simply can't keep up. And that's the first wave of reinforcements, so they're ahead of the rest.

lptCO8z.pnge8icPBL.png

Castor does his thing again. Nice speed. Keep on improving it.

Nex8oCx.pngzTkh1Qn.pnge0XgM3n.png

We're not killing fast enough. Stupid fortify Bishops... the infantry's never going to catch up, but the sooner these Paladins are gone, the better.

zqjmCH4.pngGIxyC7E.png

Healing, healing. We don't want to lose anyone. As usual.

sVkP6cc.png

Minerva's still throwing handaxes, but I don't think you need to see that. This is slightly more interesting. Meh. This is just, like, a tiny bullion at this point.

r8acLEL.png

Fortify!

K7AC0XY.png

And Frost tops off Athena. We're ready for the next turn.

4BwrGzo.png

Prematurefortify.jpg

xqR0zrd.png432xi02.png

18 defense. I love this voman.

mKvxZzx.pngJDJQ20K.pnguRqRcds.png

I think it's about time we went on the offensive, wouldn't you say?

q05Lv8M.pnglNemXqa.png

But first, this. Yeah, it definitely is time. These guys will arrive in three turns at most. They may be slow, but they're capable fighters. Better be ready for them.

But, having ran out of Paladins and with the rest of his reinforcements being slow as snails, does Hardin stand a chance? Find out tomorrow! Place your bets on who you believe will live to see another battle and who will fall.

Dishonorable reset count: 2

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice

*Retreated.

6 hours ago, Rubenio said:

Well, the point of that counter was to show how shamefully bad I am at playing by the rules at all times.

The only self-imposed rule you haven't broken yet is, ironically, the "Growth drop unit becomes a Lord" one.

Xane will be coming along today, because after losing Dice and Robert, I have free space, and I'm sure as hell not going to take Sheema or someone like that along.

You know what would be great? A Xane-like character that could take the form of any deceased unit.

cZDXkyK.png

What power, exactly?

One that is bigger than Pretzel's!

I've never read Frost's supports, or used him, or played FE12 at all, so I don't feel any remorse for making fun of him!

I am now clinically depressed.

:Hugs harder:

"Stupid Pretzel"

You are my new favorite person, Athena.

After this LP, might I suggest a "True Classic" Ironman run of Awakening? The rules are:

1. Base classes and their promotions (or even be forced to choose the base promotion, such as Paladin for Cavalier, Hero for Mercenary) only.
  2. No Spotpass, Streetpass, or DLC features.
  3. THE DONNY RULE-Donnel features as a "Trainee" character. When he reaches level ten, get the Second Seal from the Bonus Box and use it to "promote" him. This is the only exception to rules 1 and 2.
  4. No Pair Up.
  5. No child characters besides Lucina.
  6. Paralouges 1-4 and Tiki's Paralougue must be attempted as soon as they are unlocked or they cannot be done.
  7. No skirmishes.
  8. You can only buy from shops immediately after they are unlocked, If you do another battle beforehand, they are lost.
  9. NO MERCHANTS. If a merchant spawns on the shop of the level you just completed, you cannot buy the special "merchant items"

The purpose of this challenge is to make Awakening more similar to earlier Fire Emblem games in terms of progression, noticeably pumping up the difficulty, and turning it into an, altogether, more satisfactory experience.

22 hours ago, Rubenio said:

Stupid Pretzel, can't spell "more wrong" right.

Can't spell more wrong without moron though.

And Pretzel seems to prove that without question.

Also, I think I'll use Vun Woman next time I'm playing DSFE. Never got to it before.

If only you'd known that Yumina would turn out so awesome, maybe you would have made Pretzel a fighter rather than a mage at the beginning. Still, it didn't help that your MU got so stat screwed. I don't think I've ever seen a worse one. I'm glad that you've developed some rarely used units, though. Athena and Matthis, and Leiden sure appreciate your efforts, and so do I. Nice work cranking these out!

21 hours ago, Franp3 said:
On 3/9/2017 at 6:24 PM, Rubenio said:

cZDXkyK.png

What power, exactly?

ZyMLR0k.png Why, you little-- how dare you disrespect a good man so?

KL7BAFE.png But he is right. My power is nothing compared to that of Khadein's Sages and Sorcerers.

ZyMLR0k.png But, Father Frost, there was no need to be so snarky about it.

KL7BAFE.png Perhaps, but... I'm just a humble grandfather who wishes to do his best for his family. I do not seek to impress anybody. My only objective is to help as much as I can, to make up to you and Prince Marth for liberating my homeland. Even if it's just a little...

LghVj9q.png Nonsense. You're being very helpful.

KL7BAFE.png Thank you, Sir Ruben. I appreciate it.

fbDIBCu.png Shouldn't you two be in the battlefield, though? We're still fighting the Emperor.

LghVj9q.png That much is true. Sir Frost...

KL7BAFE.png Of course. I'm heading back.

TY6Bqbi.png Good luck to you.

d0WIubs.png?1 J-J-Jikes... ack! Don't come any closer! I'm armed and ready to defend myself!

KL7BAFE.png ...

d0WIubs.png?1 Okay, now you're really mad... I should... I shouldn't have peed myself, probably...

ZyMLR0k.png Damnit, Luke, why you little...

Part 34 - The fall of the mad tyrant.

21 hours ago, Franp3 said:

The only self-imposed rule you haven't broken yet is, ironically, the "Growth drop unit becomes a Lord" one.

Hahahahahahah! Amazing! The one rule that doesn't hinder me is, obviously, the only one I haven't broken. I love this. It's such a failure of an LP... but I've had a blast so far. Worth it!

By the way, while we're on the subject of the OP and the rules:

On 28/7/2017 at 0:00 AM, Rubenio said:

If I lose a unit, I'll have to press on and use a replacement. Hopefuly, I won't have to settle for using Matthis or Frost or anything like that.

Ah, the irony. If only I knew that he'd become my best man... Frost isn't quite as good as Etzel, but I'm biased, so he's amazing too.

You know what would be great? A Xane-like character that could take the form of any deceased unit.

I would field him every day. Etzel!

One that is bigger than Pretzel's!

At least we can agree, here.

I've never read Frost's supports, or used him, or played FE12 at all, so I don't feel any remorse for making fun of him!

Wait, wait, what? You haven't played FE12? What are you doing here, then? I said I intended this playthough for people who knew about the game! I spoiled the prologue's big twist in day one! Still, don't you dare leave. I love your replies, they're always an entertaining read, and rather long too!

Now seriously, try it. The story may not be the best, but it makes up by being an incredibly fun FE. And it has Frost in it!

Just... don't name the Avatar after yourself. You'll want to find a mirror to punch, retrieve the shards, and cut your own throat before chapter 1.

:Hugs harder:

I can't think of anything to say to this, neither snarky nor nice, sooo here have a Sedgar. :Sedgar:

Nah, just joking :hardens hug in return:

Oh God, that sounded awful. I should probably go back and word it differently etc etc spanish stereotypes.

21 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

"Stupid Pretzel"

You are my new favorite person, Athena.

After this LP, might I suggest a "True Classic" Ironman run of Awakening? The rules are:

Things

Ah, I'm sorry man, you'll have to ask somebody else, I'm afraid. Firstly, I don't have Awakening. I do have a 3DS, but I've never gotten a 3DS Fire Emblem, and recording there would be really inconvenient. As of emulating, well, I tried to play Star Fox 64 3D on Citra and the game got stuck "creating save file". Maybe it's something really easy (hence why nobody in the entirety of google had that problem), but I couldn't figure out how to fix the issue.

And even if I did have Awakening, I start college in a couple weeks. It would be really awkward to do an LP in the middle of my first year. LPing takes a surprising amount of time. If I do another LP (and I would like to, I'm having a blast so far), it would most likely be one of the GBA games. Not just because I love FE6 and like FE8 quite a bit as well (FE7 doesn't exist, you can't prove its existance. Well, can you?), but because I wouldn't have to do any cropping, which is very time consuming.

So yeah, I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone else. That's probably for the best, though. Maybe then, you'll see an actually professional run, instead of a craptastic stream of failure, pain and blood. And questionable sense of humour.

9 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Problem is, I think "having fallen to the gutters" implies that the person was once a decent human being. Did we ever appreciate Pretzel?

Uhhhhh Hardin was talking about Marth. Hence, the usage of "having fallen to the gutters" instead of "has always been below the gutters".

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Hah! I didn't notice that one. Good work.

And Pretzel seems to prove that without question.

He makes being dumb look easy!

Also, I think I'll use Vun Woman next time I'm playing DSFE. Never got to it before.

Go ahead. From what I've heard, she's the best Gaiden character in FE11. Here, well, she's rather bad, but nowhere near the late prepromotes. I'd say between the Sabre Knights and the late prepromotes in terms of salvageability. But in H1, everyone's good enough. And Athena's awesome, so do use her!

Can I convince you to use Frost, now?

3 hours ago, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

If only you'd known that Yumina would turn out so awesome, maybe you would have made Pretzel a fighter rather than a mage at the beginning.

Actually, I do not regret it. This LP is being quite interesting, because...

Still, it didn't help that your MU got so stat screwed. I don't think I've ever seen a worse one.

Hey, bad publicity is still publicity. Fire Emblem experts will be coming here to investigate the rare case of Chris being bad.

I'm glad that you've developed some rarely used units, though. Athena and Matthis, and Leiden sure appreciate your efforts, and so do I. Nice work cranking these out!

Hah hah, thanks, my friend. That's actually how I like to play, usually. I didn't have much of a choice with some of these (Frost and Leiden), but the fact that I've used them both before should be enough proof that my teams are never normal. I mean, it's boring to use Palla every time. Gotta throw in Tomas to spice things up!

Speaking of whom, I just love how, while talking about forgotten units, you forgot to mention Tomas. It just comes to show how hilariously forgettable the poor guy is.

Spoiler

Last time, the infantry reinforcements were inbound. Let's prepare a proper welcome for them.

DDPZFMZ.png

But first...

VZVvLPA.png

These guys have to go.

eH6hapJ.png

Look, Minerva got a crit! Interest!

YBqWbyE.png

Excellent. Leiden is just as reliable as always.

xlox75X.png

Mm. Acceptable.

AVBO2VB.png

Don't you dare die, Tomas. Be healed!

7rtw4n6.png

Two to go.

kCbpoqh.png

This really is being Castor's redemption chapter, is it not? Wow. He really was underleveled.

10ugTYi.pngm2pO1ga.pngcp7h3vd.png

Tomas and Elrean each try to critically beat these two to death. Sadly, they both fail.

ByQRuYB.png

One more!

588KKG0.png

Bleh. Oh, well. Alone and cornered, he won't be a threat.

RKtOM9l.png

There! Now he truly won't be able to do anything meaningful.

ZhGcDNp.png

Here, turn's end. Minerva's still here. Just in case you forgot.

3OK9BcV.pngNYGJduV.png?1

Xane level-up. I don't think I've ever seen something like this.

It's not as if it matters. The only stat that means anything to Xane is HP so he doesn't need as much healing when transforming, so this might as well be an empty level-up. I mean, it would for anyone! 1 point of skill? What is growth rates?

...oh... 20% skill growth, ladies and gentlemen. His lowest non-resistance growth. Should I consider myself lucky?

deyd87p.pngrJialjg.png

They're here. But we're ready. Also, look at dem croppin' skeels, HELLA FINE-LOOKING TOP SCREENS EH?! Jeez.

OyD6ub0.png

What a brave, loyal Hero. He's been walking for hours just to die here, skewered by Leiden's silver lance. These are some good men you got here, Hardin.

nAstkZs.pngbz0HMZA.png

And that's it for the Paladins. They are no more!

nWNqPCC.png

Pretty good. On average, Tomas caps strength. I hope he can do it.

U8RGbEx.png

If Frost's son was a trainee unit, what would be his name?

FRosst!

Bwah hah hah hah. That sucked ass and I love it. Just a little.

3z4iHK8.png

My Frost is damn good. Compared to what he averagely is. Yeah, he's even worse normally. Hey, he's trying really hard.

AQEGOdS.pngsy8x5LK.pngdCMwwUp.png

I do a trading chain to get Yumina a new Nosferatu tome.

cdTxtZg.png

But before that, I gotta ensure we're all in fighting condition.

gsjKn77.png3L1p0OY.png

Here we go. The General will probably go after Leiden, and everybody else--

lNivKIO.png

Of course. Leiden has 6 more points of defense than Yumina.

XMsRRt5.png0rnryqY.png

So, so dumb. God damnit all. My experience!

WfSIbQ9.png

She didn't even get a great level-up! Although, she doesn't have much more to gain at this point. Sure, magic, but I think she can already ORKO Gharnef as it is.

6aoIwUj.png

Get out of there. I want to save some enemies from you!

BTpqOe6.pngX8IFTsj.pngedT66dd.png

There we go. Face us!

Tr6QCVw.png

An update on Minerva. I think I should just settle for using Michalis. Or Ymir. Still, I don't regret bringing her along today. The only other person I could've fielded was, God forbid, Pretzel, and these stats will help her be less of a liability in chapters 21 and 24. Unlike Merric, Sirius and Julian, she might at least be able to do... something.

ZDQD8Ix.png

Ack! 1% crit! Damn you, Thoron Sages!

iDqt8mg.png

We're making short work of these fools.

6DSF5u9.png

And at this point, this guy is only helping me by lengthening the Hero's life, allowing Minerva to get more chipping experience.

hRYpXcX.png

Minerva leveled up! That's a good level-up, but Ymir is still better than you, and that... that's just sad, Minerva.

That said, Ymir is one of those rarely used units the Pontifex spoke of. It would be interesting to use him. Maybe I could keep Frost even after reviving Etzel and bring a team consisting entirely of "bad" units and replacements to the finale.

jovsFLe.png

Speaking of the Winter Bishop...

HBWWEKz.png

Strategy time. Athena chips this guy down, and...

amh3Ke2.pngYijPgGi.png

Gets healed. Now she'll be able to kill the Hero without losing a sliver of health.

XKRTw9F.png

Like so.

1cguRUq.png

Come, now. Athena! I'm doing my best to convince people to use you! Cooperate!

pxxVGCn.png

And Leiden helps her equip her javelin again, in preparation for wave number 2.

3fyOV77.png7VJscZv.png

The Sniper realises he's inferior to Tomas, so he decides to enlist Gharnef's aid, who casts Imhullu on Tomas. Fortunately for us, he misses. But it was enough of a distraction for the Sniper to hit Tomas in the shoulder. Oh, my! Such a dangerous foe!

TE4FRZQ.png

And now, we retaliate!

DbY3pwb.png

See, Leiden isn't just all jacket and no trousers. He is also a mighty fine fighter!

I really wish at least Belf got artwork. I would love to see the entirety of these magnificent jackets.

God damnit IntSys, why did you have to get lazy with the artwork? These poor characters... I think they're the only people in the entire series who lack artwork! Even the guys from the tearing saga got artwork!

GiK1SSa.png

If Frost had a Microsoft Outlook account, what would be the name of his offline data file?

Fr.ost

I... I just have no idea what to say about these healing shots.

ChRth7v.pngItHGCAI.png

Here's hoping I can get Feena to level 30.

7W3GGqj.pngtwPHGyv.png

Using the bamboo sword! It would've been better to use a bow, probably, but who cares.

LqwCnIX.pngTRXKXHx.png

I made Feena dance for Frost, and I needed to find some way to use him.

NBFg7uQ.png

The Sage is on approach. I'm tired of these 1% crits: I refuse to take any more risks than necessary. Feel the might of the Parthia!

zB9heiy.png

KABOOM! He has been volatilized.

RasUtnE.png

That was fun, but please, Tomas, don't waste the Parthia. Even more.

lW4Zvct.pnghf1QC9e.pngQf4zhKW.pngZDZqK6u.png

And it's time for... walking turns! I never cap those, but yeah. While the team waits down south, Marth, with the help of Feena, loots the chests.

vFCYvPj.png

He is attacked, but it's fine. Nobody else is in range to finish him off.

RctBVIz.png

And now, it's time.

LSqjTOr.png

It's time we face one of the feared Earth Dragons!

QqexGBs.pngarLnm2O.png

This is the worst kind of Dragon. Not only are they nothing exceptional, leaving aside their 2 ranged dark breath, but also, this is the only Earth Dragon you actually get to truly fight.

f7axmUP.pngyAxULyz.png

And down it goes. Pffft. This is the menace that would destroy the world if left free? Come, now, Gotoh. You're such a drama queen.

tEiyCgK.png

Billions of millions of bilious blistering blue barnacles, how many of these have I gotten already? Four? Curse it all, I've never had such a crappy run of Fire Emblem before in my life. Fitting, considering nobody has ever seen such a crappy FE LP before in their lives, most likely.

3MGGn3y.pngtaIOOSC.png

Forgive me for being so arrogant. I'm sure someone probably did something worse. I can't claim to be the best at being the worst. Not just yet.

Maybe if I did an Ironman LP of The Last Promise. That would suck.

Just a joke. Don't take it personaly, Blazer, if you ever see this.

p2x2bis.png

Ehhh whatever, lookie here! Yumina got magic and not much else! But that's fine. This just means she'll kick Gharnef's ass even more soundly.

4cGnznc.png

Athena takes the Lightsphere. We're going in!

LHOlBDl.pngwdCfbQr.pngOR6OhMn.png

But before that... let's abuse the hell out of the remaining fortify uses these Bishops have.

iYnmbw9.pnggBkomy3.pngN4pHJEF.pngJYohPwQ.png

Bah. But that's fine, Marth's there to give her a new one.

Oh, sorry, what did you say? You want my opinion on the level-ups? What level-ups? I can't see any level-ups. All I see is a redheaded beauty shrouded in CRAP.

9pp7hte.png

I am bored, so let's just move. Do your worst!

pYcnhvl.pngfPrhGlo.png

They do their worst, on cue. Shame about them being the worst as well.

ndiaVI6.png

Still, we lost some precious hitpoints to that enemy phase. Let us avenge them.

MgRSDnY.pngs6WuhI6.pngeoIUHdX.png

Like... so? Oh, well. It's not like Leiden's going to die or anything.

Tx5Q1LN.png

Excellent. You know, you might not cap strength, but I'm fine with that, Tomas.

wrzaJof.png

Frost is a good healer. You should all trost him with your lives.

b7yv51G.png

I'm gonna run out of puns before the end of the game, but before that... what? The Heroes didn't attack?

What...? I've never seen this happen before. Not in this game. They seriously didn't attack. Why?

Horsemen can raid villages, Matthis is a God-tier unit, the Avatar is worse than Frost, Heroes are cowards... what the hell? This isn't a FE12 playthrough! This is an incoherent mess! What did I do in my last life to deserve this? Was I an arrogant as hell FE pro and as punishment for being unlikeable, I've been reincarnated into an unskilled dumbass?

No, hold on, there's no way that can be right. Fire Emblem is not that old. Could it be...

Jesus, I think my old life didn't end so well... okay, which one of you numbnuts killed me? Eh? I could be a pro right now, but instead, here I am, losing unit after unit. Dangit!

XjWo3dw.png

Feel the Frostburn!

wDnhYPC.png

Wa-- hahahah! That's awesome! This guy. This guy's good. He can't take a single hit, but he's goooooooooood.

6gaBxn1.png

Here, you've earned the experience.

QvSOw3Q.pngp6AqZsD.png

And they're gone! Victory is within our grasp.

zseATXP.png

Oh. Well, I mean, I'm sure he won't one-shot Castor.

0KjEZoy.png

Oh, crap. NO! HE HAS BOLGANONE! NOT NOW! It was all going so well... rargh!

e9n7yAK.png

Castor, I think I've finally figured out why you're still alive, despite being the worst con artist in history who can't take a hit.

You're just lucky as hell. I... I was ready to lose you... how... why, you little...

He just lived in order to disappoint me once I accepted the inevitability of his death. That is it.

AjIlWFS.pngeTEqxok.png

You could've gotten another empty level and I would've been just as happy.

DN4yr7P.png7icSezw.png

Heiling.

WtdjfHe.png

I do not want to waste any time with Gharnef's Glower Sorcerer. Die!

RWwpmmw.pngix2eI6Y.png

Yeah, sorry man. You had your chance and you blew it. Only death remains for you, Bishop.

SzcoaoS.png

This guy is no longer useful to me. I am not feeling very spiteful towards you because you are just the premature fortifier, but still. It would be a waste of experience to let you live.

gD1t8HH.png

Really? Feena? What a dummy.

nRJnmmn.png

Leiden moves in to anger Midia's guardians. After seeing their prey vanish before their eyes, I bet they're feeling quite bloodlustful.

LF4rEWD.png

The swarm Bishop is more successful this turn, but not much more so.

WUNLwRr.pngXnCKK9P.png

And the Generals, of course, fall for it. Soon enough, Hardin will be all alone.

StgcqMa.png

Writhe in agony! Frostbite!

6wblnTj.png

HP. That's all this guy needs now. Well, and magic, and defense, and luck, but ehhhhhhhhhh.

Flx2vbi.png

Elrean heals Feena. I missed the actual healing, but not the level-up that resulted of it. Stuff like this makes me regret not using Elrean more often. He's just worse than Yumina, sadly.

58zDRMr.pngk7A3bbv.png

And that is it for Hardin's personal guard. I'm going to asume that's what these guys were. I can't think of another reason why they'd give these random Generals the standard boss theme.

yL0NYmA.png

Capped speed! 53 Hp! She's ready to do battle with Hardin.

AtYl2BD.png

Feena's the tankiest dancer I've ever seen. That's why I like her. In the GBA games, Dancers always arrive late, have really bad stats, and unpromoted infantry movement, which kinda defeats the purpose of them helping beat the game faster. Feena, on the other hand, is actually good.

0nukYC6.png

And that's it. The other Bishop doesn't have any forfity charges left, so he may live for now.

McZEaYJ.png

But before we fight Hardin... why did the chicken cross the road?

Because the other side was frosty.

Eh? Eh?

Urgh. Urgh.

Hd92DAk.png

I love Hardin's theme, but not as much as this remix of it. Here, have it. It was made by Duke Smith. Midi, I know, but I still find it to be quite good (especially the part after 2:34).

9oGOpMt.pngW18Aimo.png

I like that Athena didn't crit. It would've been really anticlimatic if she just got a lucky one-shot here.

uj2QbdI.png

Make way for the best Sniper!

R3gNovm.png4yE9Rnr.png

He won't survive another turn. Rejoice, Hardin! You will soon be free!

cLkKu5T.png

But before that, we better make sure those two don't die.

MGv7cnB.png

Okay, he got healed by the throne, but it's fine. No big deal.

n2uzlxU.png

Some healing from Frost (no puns, I don't want to ruin this fight), and she's back on her feet.

cbwA3Wc.png

And down goes the dark tyrant! (Yeah, she hit him critically. It was bound to happen at some point, with that enormous chance).

RzA5GfO.png

p1044DB.png

His skin is no longer purple! Hardin is back with us.

CiY9du2.png

I think you have, actually.

oTD5RUx.png6luKxYo.pngagyNNRU.png

See, Marth? He didn't really hate you. It was the orb speaking. That had something to do with the orb!

MaIwLAG.pngXQ3ClAp.png

He's dying... Quick! What must we tell her?

J15IXDr.png

fCWwNIK.png

Rest in peace, Hardin. You were just another victim of Gharnef's schemes. We shall avenge your demise!

7K4z7Sz.png

Meh. Not very fitting of the occasion. But what can I say. You're still awesome.

EWTI3n7.png

And now we got the Darksphere! Hohoh! We're invincible! Tremble, Gharnef, for the invincible Falcoknight is coming for you!

uSTNmA2.png

Hold on, what?

2b5tjJI.png

Oh. Oh well. Too bad.

The Binding Shield sucks ass. It's, basically, a Starsphere reskin that's locked to Marth's inventory. And by this point, my Marth is unredeemable as a unit.

hRZ8MiV.pngxRLKCYv.png

Minerva's last level-up. Jesus, she's awful. Why? Why are all the units usually considered good become pieces of walking shit when I try to use them?

Is it a curse? Nah. I think it's just a blessing in disguise. It makes things more interesting.

7GfBhbI.png03jsk4f.png

Marth uses one of the master keys (it is canon of the LP that the master key is, actually, a keychain of five master keys. That's the only way to make sense of it) to open the door. I hastily proceed to throw it back into the convoy, just in case Marth decides to use it instead of the Binding Shield for the chests.

Hey, Nohrianknight, since you're the self-proclaimed grammar nazi of the Lp... is there any reason why "hastily" can't be "hastely"? Please, do explain.

VBRNuO5.png

Brave axe. If only I had someone good to use it.

hOxXuit.png

You thought you'd escape? I think not. I want your experience!

3i994Wl.png

One more!

Why do units turn blue after being recruited?

Because this side of the battlefield is really frosty.

Okay, that one was fucking horrendous. I apologise.

Sorry, let me correct that sentence. Each and every one of those was fucking horrendous. I apologise profusely.

Canadianly, even!

f7quFLA.png

That's going to Tomas. Castor's faster, he doesn't need it. Maybe I'll actually give him the Parthia this time, but I have a feeling I will forget to...

cXHFAxn.png

And that is it. Archanea is ours!

F267bFV.png

Pretzel steps off the bench to be unwarrantedly praised.

wr4k9ks.pngGcORNps.png

Oh, never mind. The priestesses have saved us from such idiocy.

BWxrD0i.png

No, but honestly, how the hell does Marth fall for this? I know you haven't played FE12, Franp, so this might come as quite the shock to you, but these aren't the real princesses. Yeah. Who could've foreseen that, indeed.

We haven't seen Gharnef anywhere! I'd be mighty suspicious if I were you, but then again, you are a weak, idealistic child.

Wait, no, I'm sorry. I wouldn't be "mighty suspicious". I wouldn't even suspect anything! I wouldn't have time for that! It's so obvious, there's no time to process the gigantic clues before you come to realise that they're not the blasted princesses!

TNf5tAD.pngrOUpxAN.png

But of course, an inanimate object is smarter than Marth, so we're saved. And Jagen. And Pretzel. I can't say I'm surprised about Marth and Pretzel, but Jagen? C'mon, man, you're better than this. Although, I suppose you are senile and old. But even then, you won't be defeated by the likes of Gharnef, right?

R2vsOC6.png

In the bad ending (y'know, if Wolf raided the King's village or something), this scene goes exactly like this, but it just ends right there with the princesses. So basically, Marth goes on to live the rest of his life with Gharnef pretending to be his sister.

Jesus, poor Merric.

nzwTQLu.png

At this rate, he will what? You have the Imhullu, the Falchion and the Starlight. What, exactly, is Marth going to do? You could just blast him dead right here! The Binding Shield only kills Earth Dragons!

1XU02jf.png

And they're gone.

B5M77dH.png

WOW! NO FUCKIN' SHIT! IS THERE ANY MORE OF THAT ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE YOU POSSESS THAT YOU COULD UNLOCK FOR US, MASTER SAGE!?

YNn3vhg.png

OF COURSE! I WASN'T SERIOUS WHEN I ASKED YOU TO TELL US MORE! SARCASM! S-A-R-C-A-S-M!!!

Q1sVewp.pngQ82oDAG.png

Yeah, no... sigh. Let's just keep on going.

62WMVpj.png

Just what I fuckin' needed. Lord Gotoh Inconvenience the Pompous. Gah! Can I just... quit? Right here? Is anybody gonna miss my ramblings?

Well, I'm certainly going to miss rambling, so...

Oo4iR65.png

Augh. Brace for impact, everyone.

eC2KFbL.pngXuN5ar3.png

Yeah, thank you for telling me something I already knew. We already have Pretzel for that, you know?

FKLYjgl.png

Actually, that's exactly what happened. It didn't just "feel as though".

lQK1B6M.png

Now? 5 more chapters. 2 of them are filler. I always warpskip one of them. And I don't even like warpskipping! They honestly could've at least removed one of them and nobody would've ever missed it. You'll see what I mean.

WdM6mpV.pngkpIzdWL.pngqV9uzz5.png

But of course. Fuck the clerics. We must seal away the earth dragons. But, worry not! I, Lord Gotoh Inconvenience the Pompous, understand how you feel!

This would work if this guy didn't have the ability to teleport and wasn't such a powerful magic user. C'mon! Why can't you rescue the clerics while we take care of the dragons? Can't you help? Like, at all!?

MLri5Vt.pngRIkwFlH.png

Oh, no need to say "please". No need to be so polite and thankful! We're going to feel so good, we're going to explode right here, BECAUSE OF HOW NICE YOU'VE BEEN TO US! YOU ECTOPLASM!

TFWUJZ2g.png

Blistering barnacles, I... I swear. This old timer is infuriating.

TWgKd0m.png

Awesome.

5TZ1wHO.pngnb7i8F2.pngVk1Z07e.png

Actually interesting information that these characters didn't know already. We did, of course, but this actually makes sense, unlike Pretzel screaming "THAT WAS GHARNEF". Even though he'd never seen Gharnef while Marth had.

V3TP7Cn.pngrDDwCeS.png

Poor people. Let's go help. We can't rescue the clerics, but we've the time to beat up a woman.

ppQRu9n.png

Xo4uHbq.png

Exactly. Let's send someone who won't get slaughtered, shall we?

oLyEKqA.png

Katarina! I've never been this happy to see you. Mostly because you've replaced Pretzel's ugly mug.

9HUiBao.png

No, Gotoh overheard the conversation and warped to her to fill her in. Urgh.

Hah, sorry, I'm just joking. Gotoh would've forced her to go through Anri's way blindfolded before telling her anything.

8D9UgHg.png

For some unspecified reason, Pretzel knows about this if Katarina dies. Couldn't they have just made Katarina being alive a requirement to unlock the side quest? Did they really have to use the slim chance of someone having lost Katarina to make Pretzel be even more of a Gary Stu?

EkjUiOu.pngb55ETno.png0i9gc31.png

Marth, c'mon, she's really trying. At least look at her. She's trying harder than your fuckin' bff! MATTHIS is trying harder than him, and his whole character consists in being lazy!

I'm so sorry, everyone. I just wasn't ready. I wasn't quite ready to take Pretzel being an idiot, Marth being an idealistic, weak child, and Gotoh ('nuff said) all in the same cutscene.

Tomorrow, we'll pay a visit to the assasins' orphanage and their leader, the evil Eremiah.

...by the way, I don't think I've bragged about it yet, so... no deaths in this chapter. Hohoh! I guess it... sort of makes up for the four deaths last chapter and 15 total deaths uh...

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice

*Retreated.

Honestly, I feel you on the "not enough time for LPing" thing. I do, however, wish you good luck with your education!

As for Hastely VS Hastily, I legitimately do not know. I didn't come up in my grammar book (which I recently finished! Hoorah!).

Ok, I looked it up. Apparently, "hastely" is the older form of the word, but obviously, the language specialists thought that wasn't complicated enough. 

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

If I dissapear for whatever reason, I want Dayni to become this thread's new Master of Puns.

2 hours ago, Rubenio said:

If Frost's son was a trainee unit, what would be his name?

FRosst!

Especially if this madman is still around.

It would be interesting to use him. Maybe I could keep Frost even after reviving Etzel and bring a team consisting entirely of "bad" units and replacements to the finale.

Yes please.

Come, now. Athena! I'm doing my best to convince people to use you!

Let me help you! She's my best non-CYL unit in Heroes. I got her in my first pull along with a Wrys.

Maybe if I did an Ironman LP of The Last Promise.

Maybe next school break? (No idea what breaks in college are called)

I know you haven't played FE12, Franp, so this might come as quite the shock to you, but these aren't the real princesses.

OH THE SHOCK! I COULD'VE NEVER SEEN IT COMING!

I REALLY SHOULD PLAY FE12!

Now seriously, I'll be really sad to watch this LP end. It's been fun both to read and to reply to!

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Honestly, I feel you on the "not enough time for LPing" thing. I do, however, wish you good luck with your education!

As for Hastely VS Hastily, I legitimately do not know. I didn't come up in my grammar book (which I recently finished! Hoorah!).

Ok, I looked it up. Apparently, "hastely" is the older form of the word, but obviously, the language specialists thought that wasn't complicated enough. 

Hasty is the adjective, haste is a noun. Many adverbs are made in English  (as well as Spanish, e.g. rápido to rápidamente) by affixing an ending to an adjective, such as -ly or -mente for Spanish. You could also say "with haste" but "hastely" isn't really in use now. 

Edited by Dinkiniensis Pontifex

9 hours ago, Rubenio said:
22 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Problem is, I think "having fallen to the gutters" implies that the person was once a decent human being. Did we ever appreciate Pretzel?

Uhhhhh Hardin was talking about Marth. Hence, the usage of "having fallen to the gutters" instead of "has always been below the gutters".

That was another instance of me not being clear (that happens a lot lately). I was referring to your comment about using that expression to insult Pretzel.

Talking about axe users (R.I.P. Dice) I say Michalis would be your best bet, because of his beastly bases, but Ymir... I have never seen anyone use him, so go for him. It's not like you are not accustomed to training units generally considered "bad". Efficiency be damned!

Edited by Goddess Serra

On 9/5/2017 at 0:51 AM, Rubenio said:

Did they really have to use the slim chance of someone having lost Katarina to make Pretzel be even more of a Gary Stu?

Yes, yes they did.

At least there's no chance you'll be losing allies next chapter too. Right? I mean, I haven't the foggiest idea, but still.

d0WIubs.png?1 Gaaah! Noooo! Don't come any closer!

d0WIubs.png?1 Ruben! Defend meeeeeee!

ZyMLR0k.png Ack! Stop clinging to me like a scared child!

d0WIubs.png?1 B-but I am a scared child!

ZyMLR0k.png How many times must I tell you, stop being scared of Father Frost! He's a good man! He'd never hurt you!

d0WIubs.png?1 B-b-b-b-b-but he said he would! Both of them did!

ZyMLR0k.png What...? Both?

d0WIubs.png?1 GUAAAAARGH! THEY'VE FOUND ME! YAAAAAAAARGH!

ZyMLR0k.png Who's--

ZyMLR0k.png ...

KL7BAFE.png Ooooooooh! We're going to keep staring at you maaaaadlyyyyy!

dRUBgTr.png Yes, indeeeeeed! Boooooooooo!

ZyMLR0k.png ...seriously?

KL7BAFE.png I'm sorry, but... for us old fellows, it's always nice to feel young again, you know? I haven't laughed that much in ages.

ZyMLR0k.png ...by scaring a dumb kid?

dRUBgTr.png Hohoho, indeed. But we didn't mean any harm. We'll apologise to that poor child later.

ZyMLR0k.png Jeez, this is such a madhouse. And I am its proprietor!

fbDIBCu.png Well, you've got to admit, those stares are quite unsettling.

ZyMLR0k.png Unnnh...

Part 35 - The orphanage of DOOM.

Okay, good news and bad news. Tomorrow, I've another driving exam. That's the bad news, which are really only bad for me. The good news is, after this, I won't have to go to the driving school twice a day, resulting in this incredibly bizarre update schedule that goes like: "shit I gotta go to the driving school, crap it's very late I won't be able to finish this before having to eat, bollocks driving school again, jeez now I don't feel like writing" and then the update finally comes out at one in the morning, if at all. Maybe I'll finally be able to start updating at morning consistently. Somehow, I doubt it, though.

Today, I've one question for you all. Since we're approaching the endgame, please let me know: how would you like it if I played the Archanea Chronicles and the DLC chapters? If so, I think I would do them the usual "reset after death" way, because since they're separate chapters, it would be way to easy for me to just keep on moving if I lost anyone. And we're here to watch me fail, aren't we? Please, do tell me what you think. I would very much like to do that. On the one hand, I've never gotten around to playing them seriously (the only one I've beaten is the one with Boah and Nyna, and, well, that wasn't pretty), and on the other hand, it would delay the end of this LP, and that would be... good, I guess?

Now, before we begin. Replies.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:40 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

Thank you. Maybe once I've settled properly, I'll do something. I don't know. Probably FE6, I'll have to think about it. It's not as if anybody's going to remember me after a couple weeks, anyway.

Apparently, "hastely" is the older form of the word, but obviously, the language specialists thought that wasn't complicated enough. 

Goose - geese, moose - moose. Language is so ridiculous. But not as much as calling a guy "multiple goose". Poor Geese the pirate from FE6.

On 5/9/2017 at 4:26 AM, Franp3 said:

If I dissapear for whatever reason, I want Dayni to become this thread's new Master of Puns.

Especially if this madman is still around.

If this "madman" wasn't around, there wouldn't be a thread for Dayni or you to be the Master of Puns. So shut up, and eat those awful frosty puns right up.

Yes please.

Hurray. Inconvenience!

Let me help you! She's my best non-CYL unit in Heroes. I got her in my first pull along with a Wrys.

I haven't played Heroes. I wanted to, but then I noticed it has the Facebook Farm Energy System. No, thanks. I'm probably missing out, but eeehh. They don't have Frost, anyways.

Maybe next school break? (No idea what breaks in college are called)

Nah. I don't really like The Last Promise, anyways, and I've never. But I would like to do this again. As I've said about a thousand times by now.

OH THE SHOCK! I COULD'VE NEVER SEEN IT COMING!

I REALLY SHOULD PLAY FE12!

Go the fuck ahead! It's a great game. And, trust me, MU never turns out as awful as mine did. Heck, in the maniac run I mentioned in the OP, I had a female Archer MU. A female Archer! And yet she was amazing.

Now seriously, I'll be really sad to watch this LP end. It's been fun both to read and to reply to!

Hahahah, thanks for the kind words.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:05 AM, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

Hasty is the adjective, haste is a noun. Many adverbs are made in English  (as well as Spanish, e.g. rápido to rápidamente) by affixing an ending to an adjective, such as -ly or -mente for Spanish. You could also say "with haste" but "hastely" isn't really in use now. 

Of course! That does make sense. Thank you, Pontifex.

On 5/9/2017 at 10:53 AM, Goddess Serra said:

That was another instance of me not being clear (that happens a lot lately). I was referring to your comment about using that expression to insult Pretzel.

You're forgiven. It's understandable. Intelligence was never the main trait of your character, Serra. One of these days someone's going to get back at me for these cruel jokes about people's favourite characters.

Talking about axe users (R.I.P. Dice) I say Michalis would be your best bet, because of his beastly bases, but Ymir... I have never seen anyone use him, so go for him. It's not like you are not accustomed to training units generally considered "bad". Efficiency be damned!

Efficiency is no fun, anyways.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Yes, yes they did.

What did I expect?

At least there's no chance you'll be losing allies next chapter too. Right? I mean, I haven't the foggiest idea, but still.

Well, only one way to find out!

Spoiler

1vyPYMW.png

Time for the last gaiden chapter. Feels like an eternity since we saved Wrys from Kleine and her minions. What is this "reset" crap you're babbling about? I can't remember anything about resetting.

No, but now seriously. Let's stop for a moment to appreciate the fact that, that day, I reset the chapter to save Wrys and Cecille. And then, Wrys abandoned the battlefield and Cecille died. Such success.

9yWLIYK.png

Thanks, Katarina. You've been more helpful than Pretzel ever was.

9Yzwh63.png

This is another fog of war chapter. This side story is longer than the others. It gets pretty close to being a full-length chapter. Fitting, considering this is the end of the assasins' subplot.

2losu8y.pngmYjBmoX.png

Yeah, we know. I think we've known for a long time. There's no need to rub salt on the wound, is there?

RFTEuKB.png9Y086bJ.pngCYqYjQI.png

Why would anyone want to be of use to Pretzel? He's done diddly squat for anyone!

xBGoxXO.pngigjbuZY.png968ETII.pngPFyhUFw.pngIFKAXaV.png

What is this, Become closer to Pretzel day? That's awful. I would like to show Roshea's conversations, because I quite like them, but I don't think it'll happen. Unless I use both him and Vyland, or him and Pretzel, God forbid.

Well, whatever. We didn't get anything out of this, so let's just move out already.

FACKr78.png

Oh, but first, let's have a conversation with Wendell. It's been a while since the last time we saw you, man.

SyycYyh.pngkKHBGPW.png

Plot. Thanks, Wendell. Really appreciate this plot you've granted us.

4BZnCtX.pngn6grUFW.png0mylBMo.png

Yeah, back then he was still a young, energetic Sage who didn't want to unnecessarily toy with the good guys.

c78HPTq.pngIGM8e9B.pngjGjsJST.png

No, Pretzel. You would've kept on living had Marth died. Stop being so clingy.

It's quite amazing. Gotoh didn't become an ass until this war. Maybe he just isn't too concerned about the earth dragons and decided to have some fun at Marth's expense.

Can't blame him for not fearing the earth dragons, but he's still to blame for Frey and Cecille's deaths. Damn him.

bbxVyou.pngRSmjohL.png

Pretzel asks the million dollar question.

XhHjieF.pngBLAnUHW.pngkAvvUG0.png

Marth already proved that in the last war!!! Gotoh didn't need to test anyone!

4fKannE.pngmoYDYmt.png

He has his shitty reasons, that's what he has. He isn't just a weird old man, he's just a stupid old man.

0KhKqRK.png

I love how Wendell ends the conversation with a blunt "of course not". He doesn't seem to like it when people insult his master.

P0bezR2.pngRs7wqui.png

Okay, that's enough of that. Frost, maximize your healing potential by becoming a Sage. I don't need you to fight, so just grab one more staff.

yxDNJs0.png9OwwOb9.png1fDdJv8.pngmSLjw9l.png

Inventory management, as always.

uK5Plct.png?1

Here's our formation. Matthis at the vanguard, and Frost bravely leading the rearguard. As usual.

Rz8LiJ5.png

Before we begin, I should sell the vendor trash we got last chapter. We're more or less set for life now. Until we visit next chapter's secret shop.

pIOSzTU.png

Gee, who could've foreseen that treating someone like crap when they're already regretful about their actions would make them decide to desert?

bMwu9Ho.pngpiMa4tB.pngLyQUcq6.png

These guys have lived their entire lives in the darkness. Their eyes must be pretty accustomed to the lack of light by now.

zPWpo8c.png

Yeah, let us do that to you.

H5S8xQN.png

This guy is just chilling right here. Come, now. Use your one strategical advantage by not standing in the middle of our path!

cGoqe5w.pngkTqfo7j.png

Moving up.

KUuGiiq.png

The chapter's gimmick is longbows. Lots of longbowmen. Shame about longbows not being that good when not forged.

G2tZyV4.png

Also this idiot decided it was a good idea to attack Yumina.

QCYg3M5.png

That taken care of, it's time to move on to the corridor. Let's kill its guard.

c10Lm63.png

Pretty good. Almost there. Cap strength, Tomas!

uXpLsZS.png

Down he goes. The corridor is ours!

3Jpmgdf.png

I'm not feeling like doing frosty puns now. So, here, have a healing shot.

0KCQwH5.png1wsa1v5.png

We are attacked. We retaliate. Predictably, we come out victorious.

NGGO453.png

It must be pretty cold in here. Frost probably feels right at home.

qeQG8Ig.pnglwjqzJ2.pngWpjeMWD.png

This first part is pretty easy, to be honest. These guys simply can't compete with my team of bad units and substitutes.

9wjVcJn.png

I mean, they can't even hit us at all!

Ftsh2KG.png

Nice. What a Paladin.

67AmyhD.png

Matthis discovers a Sniper. Athena ensures nobody else ever discovers him again.

TePOFAB.png

And Frost cauterizes Leiden's gruesome wounds by frostburning them.

tjuqmcw.png

They just love to shoot Leiden, don't they? Don't you worry your pretty little heads. Or, do, if you will. It's not as if you'll still have them by the time we leave this place.

uE7pyZu.pngTt7AFH0.png

We'll need some barriers for part two of the chapter. Frost takes care of that.

r1628Iu.png

And Yumina heals Leiden while everyone else moves up.

aMmzgBF.png

Gah. He wouldn't have been able to kill him, anyways.

7nbhM6a.png1yWRJGC.png

Of course. You just had to attack Matthis, did you? He's Matthis! What, exactly, are you going to--

hIWzC7f.png?1

SHIT HE NUKED THE CRAP OUTTA HIM. For 20 damage.

L5NO5xl.pngpOHzhZd.png

Longbows. I think these guys have them forged in maniac. But here? They're useless.

C7Tdk3t.png

Unless I let them get to Frost, I guess, but that's not going to happen.

Tvn6bGj.png

Okay, one less Sniper in the world.

KFB04iG.pngY7R88ln.png

Frost is so fast. It's his only good stat, but still, look at that. Who said Wendell was the fastest old man in Archanea, again?

GuTS2Bx.png

This is how things stand.

PTLr2SH.png

Oh, shit, Eremiah unleashed her nukes on Marth. But, what's the chance--

bte8JdZ.png1klThOR.png

Of course. Grumble grumble. I wish I could bench you. Then again, I've lost so many people, I don't really have anybody else to field.

And I usually have so many people I want to train... Ironman's going to become my preferred way of playing Fire Emblem. It changes the game dramatically, for the better I'd say.

Of course, the real hardcore pros reset the game when Marth dies, but that's a little too hardcore for me. I want to see the end of the game, at least!

8llZ4c2.pngGEJ7h1I.png

I waited some time before trying again. Not too long, though, hence why I only got two more freebies. Shitty freebies, at that.

ah4Xlmk.pngEEUvXrY.png

And here we go. This is more or less the same, except this time, I make Leiden kill the initial buffoon.

Hqr0hrU.pngQjSWa0o.png

I've nothing to say. This part's just us kicking ass.

TZvpYmm.pngleaMXYs.pngbHc8W58.pngu5LsW2m.png

So, yeah. Fast-forwarding to...

IaJIBAz.png

Tomas' leveling up. Please don't get crap.

udHgfdd.png

...why do I even bother...

Hey, at least he's a few points ahead of his skill average!

Xt3Wna6.pngOzbsGLJ.pngyax0WWq.pngdhDrOKT.png

We retake the corridor.

kE3WZy7.png

But before moving on, experience for Frost.

lUoZVKj.pngl4yApPG.png

These guys are such wastes of time. But, maybe once I get one of those longbows for myself, I could forge it and give it to Castor. He might finally get something to do that Tomas doesn't do better.

e8F8Rtw.png

The corridor's Sniper goes down just as easily as last time.

U9KsrLt.png

Mm. I don't know. The skill and luck aren't really all that useful, especially when Leiden already has enough of both for the rest of the game, pretty much. But I liked the defense. Still, strength is always good.

4RqrKg0.png

Also, there goes my plan to give this to Castor. Meh. Maybe he can get the brave bow? Thanks to his high speed, he should be able to get quadruple hits rather easily.

uxs484E.png12S9CmK.png

Healing for everybody.

DND0U2Q.png

And we keep on going. Eremiah goes after Tomas for some reason.

uykjgan.png

Oh, she went after Tomas for... no reason at all, because nobody else could attack him, or anybody else for that matter. Tomas moves back and is healed, because I'm not putting Frost inside Eremiah's range.

CFZzEFQ.png

I love these still shots of meteor.

eJqhJOt.pngCYdrVHE.pngm7hcFfz.png

The longbowmen fail spectacularly.

OyP6RBA.pngEklu0SB.png

Time to move forward. As always, Matthis will be leading the charge.

1ohsXdU.png

While she's at it, let's clean up our side of the keep. It's all ours, now.

qe4owXs.png

Tomas has the lowest resistance of the time, so he gets a barrier.

nWGVvA0.png

I like this level better. HP and magic are things Frost really, really needs.

6HREtKX.png

More nuking. I just realised, Eremiah is the first enemy in a long, long time that actually could kill Matthis. Oh, wait, no, she isn't. Matthis' luck is not low enough for her to have the smallest chance of hitting him critically. Pfhahah!

7BrRWGX.png

The Generals move in to pick up the slack. Too bad they're much too weak to stand a chance against such slack.

G1kKmRb.png

Oh. Well, I'd rather have Yumina avoiding damage when possible, but it's fine. Nobody else attacks her.

pCvEv5p.png

You dared attack my precious Aum user. Etzel's last hope! Damn you to hell!

SUP9wyY.png

What is Frost's favourite play?

Fraust!

Bwahahahah. I'm not alone, am I? Yeah, I definitely am alone here. Please don't leave just yet. 4 more chapters and I will no longer have Frost to make awful puns! Well, until his Archanea Chronicle, that is, if you decide to let me play those.

V9xKYJB.png

Marth! Why, you... I'm tired of you, Eremiah!

pLhOID8.png

At last, I can showcase her stats. As you can see, she's basically Frost with way better durability who traded staff rank for B tomes.

YEDVvG4.pngXyDqJEr.png

Marth is healed, just in case the chest is boobytrapped or something. Thankfully, it isn't, netting us another Excalibur tome even though we've barely used the other one.

zBZ0z7G.png

NO! Ah, thank God. 4% crit. This guy's luck, I swear. The only one with worse luck is Michalis if I'm not mistaken. And Michalis has defenses to even it out.

2gMQTz5.png

Now I've really ran out of patience. Lay off the grandpa!

D6loa1h.png

Bye bye!

YrQaQvk.png

Don't you worry, we'll get to that post-haste. They'll be down there in hell with you in no time.

He0FH0a.png

Let's get to it, shall we? Athena and Leiden prepare to storm the last of the rooms under enemy control.

zl2uaZc.pnghk0SoCD.pngW9XckVX.png

Oh, never mind, they've chosen to storm us instead.

zkI90KA.png

Storm back, people!

xda7Cuh.png

That makes it five empty level-ups, if I'm not mistaken. Addle-pated lumps of anthracite, what a shitshow this has been. I'm gonna miss it once it's over.

s2Nqr94.png

Tomas, don't you dare get another bad level-up.

4jK92Dw.png

Why, thank you! He's behind in strength and speed but ahead in HP and skill. Overall, pretty good unit. He'll be good in the endgame.

kiMR2n7.pngLgpjtim.png

General healing.

fzJ3bTL.png

Really? Are you sure, my friend? I don't think that was such a bright idea.

J0QvJ3e.png

For your mistake, I shall bestow upon you the most shameful death I am capable of giving a person.

RgeD33V.png

The frostburn!

ulhUaiV.png

And that is it for Eremiah's assasins.

QtXakpv.png

Home stretch now. Some healing later...

Xz8gRHz.png

Frost gets a really odd level-up. Defense and HP? Well, sure! I'm fine with this.

3Q5wPpo.png

And before leaving, Marth retrieves the Aura tome, even though we've barely used the other one.

a3MCoXT.pngNpKYf0s.png

Can you please stop stating the obvious? That is all you do! Marth has a brain!

weK3Rxb.png9PFWHaT.png

Oh, that's interesting, but... how do you know that, Jagen? Have you been investigating while we fought?

Lo and behold, a senile old knight is better than Gotoh at Gotoh's job.

8qZ4D61.png64Mxko1.png

You know, this is the reason I really like Gharnef as a villain. On the surface, he looks like just "another dark mage big bad". But then you look into him carefully and come to realise that magic isn't what he's best at (even though he's really good at it).

Nah, his real forte is manipulation. In his time, he manipulated the rulers and important figures of Dolhr, Grust, Archanea, and even used Marth himself to get rid of Camus and Michalis once he grew too afraid of them in the War of Shadows. He even cheated death! He's so good, he actually used the main villain, Medeus, instead of the other way around as usual.

HypOyWG.pngHB0mWwJ.png

Hurray. No, seriously.

95PA53B.png

Yeah, like preventing the apocalypse, according to Gotoh.

OKui6f8.png

Hold on, we better spy on the villains before that. I think I already mentioned that I like all the redesigns in FE12 except for Marth's? Well, I forgot about Gharnef. He's exactly the same, except he's red now. I think this is supposed to symbolise the fact that he doesn't actually have a body, only his soul, brought back by the heretics. I guess I can wrap my head around that, since he's only killable by Starlight. It's not as if we'd be cutting down a ghost with a sword.

Still, it would've been more convenient to just let him keep his Shadow Dragon appearance and say they brought him back completely, body and all. The whole soul deal seems a bit unnecessary to me, but eh, what do I know.

yRHhxhe.pngPhpbXvs.pngEOsa9ri.png

What? Elice was in Altea, Hardin probably handed her over to Gharnef along with Nyna after capturing her. That leaves Maria and Lena. And Maria was probably captured by Rucke, I think it makes more sense for him to have sent her over to Hardin. So, yeah. Eremiah captured Lena and not much else.

No, but wait, that doesn't make any sense either! Julian mentioned the villagers had seen "a strange looking Bishop" just before Lena vanished! Gharnef himself kidnapped her! Eremiah doesn't look "strange" physically.

Oh, well. Let's just say they captured Maria and call it a day.

JVVnmQD.pngmR4Xm1X.png

Oh, boy. Here it comes.

iVFj9h8.pngfutYaOK.pngnYTSYEN.png

That much we knew already, thanks to Jagen's detective skills.

eTX7SJE.pngPLAVrxA.png

Yeah. Not even Eremiah was a true villain. Ironically enough, she was yet another puppet of Gharnef's.

C1QQONb.png6e2rF6i.png

This is just plain cruel. I like it. This scene is pretty damn good.

wE2zw7t.pngnbOYFdt.pngRsBTGlS.png

What a despicable person.

ujp1giT.pngY3pBsgT.png

And so, she dies, screaming in pure horror as she finally comes to realise what Gharnef had forced her to do.

58EM4hR.pngYLNEtug.png

Not if we can do something about it. Tomorrow, we do that.

Reset count: 10 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 3)

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice

*Retreated.

Well, I was wrong about someone not dying (And you missed the stealth pun :P). Least it was Marth. Also yes, go and do the bonus maps. Never played them myself, tried the Nyna one and it put me off the whole exercise.

Also, yeah, I kinda get Gharnef a bit better here. Still not remembering anything notable he did in SD (as a manipulator), and his background is still eh, but always did like the assassin arc, arbitrary as it was. Shame it's sort of tied to Pretzel Stu.

And wasn't Gharnef only killable by Starlight in SD anyway? Then what does it matter with him being incorporeal?

And Frost cauterizes Leiden's gruesome wounds by frostburning them.

Frost doesn't actually heal anything, he just cryogenically preserves people until a better unit comes along and does the job.

7 hours ago, Rubenio said:

udHgfdd.png

Why is he considered the Est of this game again?

Pfhahah!

Still, 20 damage to your strongest character is nothing to sneeze at.

Marth has a brain!

Not in this game. If he did have a brain he wouldn't have chosen the worst mage in the continent to be his bodyguard.

Now the DLC chapters.. I vote for you to do them, but with less pressure on your part. Since they are separated from the main story, you could do something like an update every 3-4 days instead of daily.

Finally I'm caught with this LP, been having a blast reading this in the last few days! I feel like you should show the various units' stats when you judge them, but other than that the humor and and commentary are gold, as well as your... let's call them "team composition choices"! Who do you think you're gonna revive now?

d0WIubs.png?1 Ruben, look! The scary people gave me this!

LghVj9q.png Uhh, cookies! They look tasty.

d0WIubs.png?1 Yeah, those guys weren't so bad after all.

LghVj9q.png Well, enjoy them.

d0WIubs.png?1 Do you think if I gave them to a cute girl, she'll--

ZyMLR0k.png No. Don't even try.

d0WIubs.png?1 ...

LghVj9q.png Whatever, we should discuss the battle plans now.

fbDIBCu.png May I have one of those?

d0WIubs.png?1 Of course! You too, Sir Leiden!

64dj2E9.png Thank you.. I suppose I picked a good moment to pass by.

ZyMLR0k.png Hey, we need to discuss--

fbDIBCu.png We've never had any battle plans at all. You just go in and pray nobody dies.

ZyMLR0k.png Why, you...

ZyMLR0k.png ...

LghVj9q.png Ah, screw it. I can't think of any counter-argument. May I please have a cookie?

d0WIubs.png?1 Sure! There you go!

LghVj9q.png ...

Part 36 - The mystery of the devil axe.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, Dayni said:

Also yes, go and do the bonus maps. Never played them myself, tried the Nyna one and it put me off the whole exercise.

On 7/9/2017 at 4:05 AM, Franp3 said:

Now the DLC chapters.. I vote for you to do them, but with less pressure on your part. Since they are separated from the main story, you could do something like an update every 3-4 days instead of daily.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:43 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Personally I think you should do the DLC, but only if you have the time for it. Don't want to overwork! ;)

Well, looks like I'll be doing the Archanea Chronicles. Also, I can relate, Dayni. As I said, the only one I beat was the Nyna one (well, not the one with Camus, the one with Boah, I assume you refer to that one), and, well, suffice to say I could only keep Tomas and Boah alive along with Nyna.

This'll be... interesting, to say the least.

Also, I appreciate that you guys are concerned about me and don't want to push me. I really do. I still shall keep this speed up until the end of the game, though. We're much too close to change things up randomly.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, Dayni said:

Well, I was wrong about someone not dying (And you missed the stealth pun :P). Least it was Marth.

I seem to miss every pun that comes close to being not-awful. Oh, well. By this point, my comedy consists in being self-aware of it being awful and hoping that makes people enjoy my crap.

Also, yeah, I kinda get Gharnef a bit better here. Still not remembering anything notable he did in SD (as a manipulator), and his background is still eh, but always did like the assassin arc, arbitrary as it was. Shame it's sort of tied to Pretzel Stu.

It's understandable, he mostly did his stuff offscreen. I didn't know it until I read a pretty good analysis about him. I just stumbled upon it, so I don't remember where it was, but it does exist.

And wasn't Gharnef only killable by Starlight in SD anyway? Then what does it matter with him being incorporeal?

It matters because apparently, an incorporeal soul disguised as a merchant, waltzed into Castle Archanea, and handed over the Darksphere to Hardin without anyone noticing, well, the fact that a bunch of red lights was hiding under the garments.

On 7/9/2017 at 4:05 AM, Franp3 said:

Frost doesn't actually heal anything, he just cryogenically preserves people until a better unit comes along and does the job.

Is that so? Tell me who's your favourite character in the series, and I'll talk shit about them. Two can play that game! Or, well, two will be able to play that game once I actually come to know who's your favourite character. Guess it's someone from Genealogy of the Holy War.

Why is he considered the Est of this game again?

He isn't. Est is this game's Est and Sheema seems to have been conceived as a prepromoted Est of sorts. Tomas is just... kinda there. I like to consider him an Est-like because his growths are beastly. But with my usual luck, of course, they reverted to those of his FE11 counterpart.

Still, 20 damage to your strongest character is nothing to sneeze at.

She could've killed him in just three rounds. I don't think anybody's ever come that close to killing him ever since the old days when he was still a mortal (3x and 4, if I'm not mistaken).

Not in this game. If he did have a brain he wouldn't have chosen the worst mage in the continent to be his bodyguard.

That much is true. But hey, he's just a weak, idealistic child. He probably felt it was too heartless to kick him out of the castle.

1 hour ago, Koumal8 said:

Finally I'm caught with this LP, been having a blast reading this in the last few days!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Get comfy. We've still like 10 more chapters to go, counting the Chronicles and DLCs.

I feel like you should show the various units' stats when you judge them

Yeah, I probably should've done that. I was expecting everyone to come here with some knowledge of the game, unit bases and growths and all. Or, at least, the ability to search them up at Serenes Forest, which is where I do my stat research most of the time. If I do another LP, I'll keep this in mind.

but other than that the humor and and commentary are gold, as well as your... let's call them "team composition choices"!

Hahahahah, thank you truly.

Who do you think you're gonna revive now?

Etzel. Wasn't I clear about that?

Spoiler

tZvb4Vc.pngzRy8l8e.png

Oh, look! Gotoh actually teleported us to the Wyvern's Dale! We didn't have to do as Frost and cross half the continent in a day or two.

C9QInyg.png

And so begins the last story arc.

S6YeFVa.png

Of course. It would've made for a really boring map if all there was to it were Gharnef's heretic Bishops.

qeynyAy.pngnc2shOU.png

Yeah! Let's save the world! There are so many things to look forward to! Like...

Meh. Pretzel does exist in this world. And Gotoh.

Can I just quit?

No, of course I can't, I just promised to play the Archanea Chronicles.

f8ucbNp.pngqElCfPy.pngYjRFRmQ.pngqwUuphS.pngdcnWcWa.png

Things. Draug's lance is okay (it's as powerful as the Spear of Suicide) and we got an actual brave axe so that other thing's quite unnecessary. Leiden got some more strength! Pretty good haul, all things considered. Certainly better than the rest.

Okay. Are you ready to behold more of my shitty ideas?

ElaFQvi.pngdTFSbtK.png

Hell yeah, I'm gonna use Roshea. Why? Because I can. I only have one of his supports available, sadly, but it'll do if he survives the chapter.

TUfbCDB.pngiyS6ffj.png

Management. Castor gets the brave bow. As I think I said last update, with his good speed he should be able to get quadruple hits more consistently than Tomas.

bMThw2y.png

Also, Frost gets the spirit dust because Elrean probably isn't going to come to the endgame, Yumina doesn't need it and Etzel will have... 19 magic once he comes back, as well. Yeah. Frost'll probably get some more magic today (hopefully), but other than that, Etzel will still be better. After missing out on, what, 7 chapters or so? That just comes to show how good a unit Etzel is. He's one of my favourite units of this game for a reason!

Okay, before we go, I don't know where Tomas is, so let's go find him.

76pmMwS.png

There you are. What? What was incredible?

c8wgmgq.pngIdRUKoQ.png

Oh, I see! You almost killed him again! If only you weren't such a good Sniper, you could've missed and hit Pretzel!

O9aG669.png

Oh, Jesus.

I131GXG.png

Is that so? You two almost murdered Jagen, but what really worries you is the fact that he was mad at you?

I can't stand you.

qUEtUv0.png

Bwahahahah. There's something about this guy's over-the-topness that I just love.

5F8Cv34.png

It's always about Prince Marth, is it not? Unnhh.

SUAfYaT.png

You can't, Tomas, you're level 20. Pretty good, mind you, but you can't exactly improve any further.

B0JbpOS.pngQVDjoHE.png

Heh heh, yeah, you stay there.

L2ZaY1V.png7flTKlE.png

No, I don't think so. Put in behind your monocle. I assure you, good things will result of that.

9Ouezos.png

And then he just shoots while pretzel is still being marveled at Tomas' recklessness. Amazing.

Well then... oh, hold on.

a2F6iqf.png

There's Frost. Let's go speak with him, Failure.

qcPlLOe.pngsxgFISR.png

Probably. That's all he does, heal, write letters, heal, write letters. And that's why I like him.

BtPdnNv.pnggXqLuOB.png

Aw, we can't let that happen.

473zKpO.png

Pretzel, you're the worst. Go play with your Marth body pillow, the adults are talking here.

sfQQi80.png

What a predicament indeed. We should do something about it.

G1Pi9Se.pngIW8urPI.pngEp5Wlr3.png

Oh. That's actually a good idea. Kudos to you, Pretzel.

rbsoHSz.pngiGg1IGQ.pngZKPCFZL.png

Yeah, that must be the first good idea you've ever had. And it has nothing to do with Marth or training!

ivEpjYE.pngHQSFe0m.pngL0NXrH5.png

I can't see the connectoin, I'm sorry.

mJ055qc.pngJqpvibY.pngcUbk06W.png

Enjoy it, Pretzel. That, right there, is the only person in the world who likes you currently.

7f3yCMN.png

Give it to me! I deserve it more than him! Anyone deserves it more! Gharnef deserves it more!

erL2r7N.png8MsltWF.png

Oh, they wrote a letter to him? How positively nice of them.

dduwYRf.pngBENU6hJ.png

And so, they became friends. Because Frost is a kind-hearted man and befriends even this failure of a person.

Well, that was neat. But we've asses to kick. Go!

v2HdURC.pngufUTzXV.pngteTatVd.png

That may be so, but we'll be fine. We're better than the Macedonian rabble. Playable rabble included. Athena's better than Michalis and Minerva, combined!

Nah, not really, but it does feel like it.

RqAjEE9.png

After the end of the war, this place'll be yours, Marth. The entire continent will be yours! You better know it all!

eqor62i.pngatsfEip.png

Well, yeah, the Barbarians are actually promoted here.

BJ0ov8b.png

It would be unreasonable not to.

Z2xRalo.png

Okay, so, let's-- hold on, who's that?

JpCEohD.png

Oh, it's our future Hauteclere user!

cHan118.pngkbk5HSi.png

Pretzel, as usual, is an utter embarrassment.

hNRWtEq.png

And if I'm not mistaken, he was also a red unit for no reason at all. And if the "get the gaidens without killing anyone" patch was at play, he was also paralized!

lRL5cQS.png

Good thing, too. You're my last hope for an axe user.

5zUlwxt.png9IAYaOE.png

And he's self-aware! I like Ymir. He's a cool guy. Shame about him having like, 10 chapters in total between both his games?

vmauepM.pngl3sw7lo.png

For some reason, that you are.

gN88ova.png

What a name indeed.

Anyway, Ymir. Ymir's bases are slightly better than those of the Wolfguard and Midia, and he has better growths than them. But his speed is really bad. He gets doubled more than he should. Still, it all comes down to his growths. Unlike the last five scrubs, who have good but not exceptional growths, he has some pretty amazing growths. As a Berseker, he'll have an 80% strength growth and a 70% speed growth. His luck and skill are lacking, as well, but overall, I'd say he's better than the Wolfguard and Midia, but worse than Michalis. And of course, we're going to be using the worst of the Wolfguard and Ymir instead of Michalis.

qVbxGI8.png

Here's the boss of this chapter. A generic Heretic like all the others in the map. I wish they made this guy drop the Glower.

ooA7neG.png2UfRBNl.png

Anyway, we gotta get Minerva to the upper village before turn 15 or else Michalis dies.

4n7TwvM.pngLbFmGp3.png

To that end, Frost warps Athena over to the northern mountains. She'll be taking care of the Thieves, and maybe pick off a couple of the enemies surrounding the village while she's at it.

iAVTffB.png

She's in no danger. The time when Wyverns were a threat is long since passed.

Hciu7n5.pngBbx6VW4.png

Anyway, enemy phase. Leiden wouldn't have died even if he got hit critically. But all the same, it's a good thing he wasn't hit at all.

YkaG4FK.png

Mostly because this would've killed him. Why do I do this to myself? God.

NoniJYH.pngazjq0x8.pngAF9sI1R.png

The rest of the enemy do what I expected them to do.

cg1byJF.png

Except for this. Jikes. Good thing she wouldn't have died, even if both wyverns hit her.

67de0Kk.pngrrguPos.png

Okay, our turn. Let's feed our scrubs some experience. Ymir should get pretty good after a few level-ups. Roshea... I don't know. We'll see.

NSMWHS7.pngAdl96d7.png

There we go. This man's blood marks the beginning of Roshea's journey towards being good. Don't disappoint, Roshea!

fTx1pML.png

Well. Defense. But you need so much more than this...

zm9jpm9.png4skpApc.png

Athena gets healed and finishes off this Thief. She's in no danger now. All these guys have to them is speed and swords too good for the likes of them.

qv9J9N1.png

Capped strength. She's capped S/S/S now. What a great unit. I wasn't expecting her to become this good, but she did, and I'm profoundly grateful for it.

PchttP2.pngzeQBAwm.png

I've learnt my lesson. Only our inmortal (and slowish) demi-God shall advance!

acd1bYZ.png

He... doubles the Wyverns. Why am I even surprised?

8swSgrd.png

She critted this guy to death, if I'm not mistaken.

a3vH0UV.png

Or maybe the only one with enough speed not to get doubled was the first one. Who knows, who cares. All that matters is that they're gone, and can no longer raid the village. And with no Horsemen in sight, it's perfectly safe now.

IBAiQMh.png

All righty, Ymir levels up.

Pw9egi8.png

He missed his 90% strength growth but procced his 45% skill growth, and his 50% speed growth. And for that, I am thankful. He needs these stats pretty urgently.

TRvNg6a.png

Matthis gets healed. That's Elrean, by the way. Frost's busy physicing Athena.

y6MRNzV.png

Just like so.

P73BtDK.png

There's a Wyvern next to the village. Athena shall take care of that before doing anything else.

24mOuUj.png

Meanwhile, Matthis leads the charge. That's the first meteor Sorcerer's range by the way.

NGA3rTs.png

Oh, look, another Thief. He shouldn't pose much of a threat.

DQSCdvD.png

And the nuke is unleashed upon Matthis! For 19 damage. One less damage than Eremiah, resulting in this generic fool no longer being able to 3-shot the Matthis.

mbEtbv6.png

And, of course, this guy is simply incapable for finishing the job.

mC7zWKT.png

This Wyvern, too, tries its luck against Athena. But I'm afraid Vun Voman is much too powerful for him.

sk39WV7.png

Player phase time. Let's feed some more experience to Roshea. I'm determined to make something out of him. His growths as Swordmaster aren't half bad, he should be salvageable. Somewhat.

hjYp1T7.png

Okay, you may take the Sorcerer as well.

m5oivIw.png

Never mind, you may retreat.

sbzafrT.png

Fortify! Mostly to top Athena off.

oXyMZPC.png

It's not as if you can get much more.

rt1x396.png

Predictably, this Thief couldn't do anything before Athena carved a couple javelin-sized holes on his chest.

VlrkcgJ.png

And since Roshea is useless, Leiden has to do the job. You won't be launching any more nukes.

4LzCg5a.png

Frost. This place doesn't look very warm. Maybe it's not a very good idea to use the Frostbite right now.

42dJnUv.png

I put Roshea here to take on the hammer Berserker. Of course, he gets hit. C'mon, Roshea, step up your game!

uYhZQ74.png

He can't even double him. How lousy.

qXPEjhD.png

I try to make Elrean chip this guy down for Ymir or Roshea, but of course, he crits.

ExV3ext.png

Leiden will use his javelin and the fort to take on the eastern enemies.

CQVkAAG.png

Meanwhile, up north, Athena's going to bring this guy down.

09OOZ4m.png

Like so.

yEhWm4Z.png

And now, let's use the again staff. It's been accumulating dust ever since we got it.

dbynUvW.png

Athena may more out of there, now.

D427BFm.png

That's okay. I don't know if you'll stay with us after Etzel comes back, but... I shall see.

eUy1mBR.png

Athena moves to this corner. She'll be in range of a Wyvern, but that shouldn't be a problem.

V92qthw.png

God damnit Elrean. At this point you're just actively trying not to be a good Jeigan.

jceESEX.png

Again!

mfTIDOx.png

Good. Thanks, Elrean, for relunctantly helping out someone else.

mSZoiaK.png

There we go.

fJZicnW.png

Roshea. I'll be blunt. Your situation couldn't be any more precarious. You cannot afford to get this kind of crap. Do you understand?

0pyVsfs.png

Another dose of fortify for everybody, because we've a bunch of wounded...

N2EqQn6.png

And that's pretty much it. I think I'll be leaving alone the northwestern Sorcerer for now.

nFYIMe3.png

Of course. When Leiden can't kill, he crits and does it anyway.

8BpDfW3.png

And, fittingly, he gets luck.

bofUgqX.png8d425kP.png

The Wyvern, too, goes down before the might of Athena. She gets luck and something else. I mean, at this point, all she could get is another point of defense and res and become even more broken.

kjfYGvp.pngaoyJWDL.pngXdQGHaO.png

It's our turn. Same deal as before. I think Athena may stay back now. Only two Berserkers are left close to the village. They should be easy to feed to Ymir or Roshea. Mainly Ymir. He hasn't gotten a crap level-up yet, unlike Roshea.

yt0SUq9.png

Speaking of whom... yeah, let's just move on.

4TCzacO.pngpRz6Ktk.png

Enemy phase again. Leiden almost kills this guy, giving Ymir the chance to claim the experience.

rlMI9QX.pngtpjZg8y.png

General healing.

qdfQeGX.png

There we go. Minerva moves north, she'll be rushing to the village as soon as the coast is clear. This is why I'm happy to have given her some experience back at Archanea Castle. I think she can take on one of those Berserkers.

Wf5mS5m.png

But still, let's just wait for a better oportunity. I've plenty of time before turn 15.

p9kG1KE.png

And down you go. Now, to the hard part. Wyverns and meteor Sorcerers all over the place. There's no way to avoid getting attacked by two or three enemies at the same time in this area.

MysrZus.png

I usually have some trouble in this part, but we've got an inmortal demi-God on our side. Let's make him even more inmortal before sending him in.

eXJhSg9.pnggY4NvvP.pngQG8eued.png

Like so. Athena gets healed so I don't have to do it later.

ISHbwvA.pngymJotig.pngM9qLYuC.png08YvQwl.png

4 enemies. Let me do some math, uh...

Yep. There was literally no way for him to have died. Even if the Thoron mage hit him critically, he would've survived with 4 HP. This guy never ceases to amaze me.

sMJULhi.png

But now we must hurry. I wouldn't like to go through another round of this.

CX82kde.png

Bwahahah! Hah hah hah! Astounding! Incredible! You're in. You're sooo in.

O13M1U6.png2eVnRwe.png

Here, have some more experience. You've earned it.

lb6hfKo.png

Like s-- wait, why is he using a devil axe? I thought he had a silver axe.

No, I'm seriously confused now. I played this wednesday night. Why is Ymir using a devil axe? He doesn't even come with a devil axe in his inventory! I can't remember ever making him use the devil axe! I would've never risked this! What the hell is going on?!

WPH4XPl.png

After giving Ymir a devil axe and making him risk his life stupidly, I proceed to move Minerva just outside the range... of one Berserker, ready to be killed by the other one. What the hell happened? This, I remember, and it was already a pretty stupid move, but... what of the devil axe?

lZvE4ae.pngsYFUOoP.png

This, at least, wasn't a mistake. I knew Frost wouldn't die, as he was only in range of one of the meteor fools. But of course, his luck is terrible, so...

Jeez, I could've lost

c5rjW85.png

I spent a couple minutes pondering who should take on the Thoron Heretic. It then occured to me that Tomas has a longbow. No risk, all the reward! Good job, Tomas.

3WshOTi.png

And we keep on moving. Matthis shall trick the Berserkers into coming after us. I think.

UE5yEwN.pngBJvoM66.png

Yeah... that was... a strange turn. But at least I couldn't have lost Minerva.

FoB1SXC.png

Pretty good, he's close enough now. Only one question concerning this person remains. Roshea or Ymir?

dHKcW3G.png

Of course. Matthis.

kQ47x90.png

I don't want to take more chances than necessary. Unnecessary crit!

kkfhkka.png4w6xd7D.pngmnebtrB.png

We're almost there. Minerva moves away, Matthis stands on the edge of the Berserker's range, and Marth stays behind and blocks the fort because he's useless otherwise.

0eQydz4.png1py02KY.png

But before that, some healing took place.

OJSUe0j.png

Oh, yet another meteoric heretic. You guys are so annoying.

Bky8pl7.png

Anyway, Matthis doesn't obliterate this guy, he just cripples him. I'm glad.

cYcyXSS.png

C'mon, Ymir, keep the good levels coming.

jfZkQSS.png

Excellent.

ezpYVSz.pngMMQUf6x.png

Roshea will cover the fort while Marth goes to the village.

PUS9QAh.png

But before that, Minerva has to visit it as well. This is a little clunky. Since Marth is the only one who can visit villages normally, you just have to know that Minerva needs to wait on the village gates to "visit" it. Before turn 15 for no particular reason.

MJcoX1s.pngFAxsssX.png

Yeah, no kidding. His original sprite is mostly the same, I just added blood over the cuts.

WrHIegv.pngXouzmXL.png

"Something" is a unique way of refering to the legendary Starlight tome.

xIG4GQ9.pngj0HbKAh.png

An asshat to the bitter end, are you, Michalis?

e6USNUl.png3KDgs20.png

In FE3 this wasn't possible, by the way. He just lived through both books just to deliver the Starlight once more to Marth, and die anticlimatically.

RFVJAtS.png

In the remake, though, Minerva won't have that crap.

vsmiSrr.png

Yeah, he didn't rely on anyone else to commit patricide and take over Macedon.

nzdHSHC.pngM5J3gd8.png

How casual for a dying man.

doqZs54.png

That you have, Michalis. Even though I probably won't use you.

B5WekMV.png

It's Marth's turn.

Wv1fR6B.pngDD0d6Fl.pngAlOGZuE.pngqMsLF0g.png

Yeah, yeah, the Starlight.

M7AqCVY.png

Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that Michalis went into the Dragon's Altar, flew through the horde of Dragons and Sorcerers, took the Starlight tome (and presumably an Imhullu or two to the gut) and escaped, wounded, but alive.

What a badass. But he's still going right into the bench.

gpSQQ7s.pngpKspy3o.png

How very convenient that all the villains have reunited at that one place. Saves us time.

RNySUYe.png

Michalis, you could've never harmed him. It's obvious that you would fall foul to him. What, is your arrogance so exuberant you thought you'd be able to bypass his magic?

mJf8ODf.pngdc0kyq6.png

Haaarrumph. Hmmmph. Hrrmm. Ahem ahem.

HINT HINT

k9FbXrN.pngsHXnqIJ.png

And so, he dies... or, died in FE3.

BjhcNzS.png

And now we got the A rank tome. About time, too, but I understand why they give it to you so late. With 13 uses, it's all too easy to use it up before reaching Gharnef. After all, there are two more chapters before that. It doesn't help that the tome is amazing.

13EPUdS.png

Very well, time for some arena abuse! Ymir's gotten a couple of good levels, but he could use a few more, and I want some more cash for statboosters.

fZxitLN.png

I'll save you the trouble. Suffice to say, all the wagers were at around 1200~ gold, which pretty much means "It's going to be a beatable mage, instead of a unbeatable anything".

rL6tjVu.pngRPzMBJF.pngATgBISl.pngS7z07NZ.pngakdy4Wg.png3w4ESgy.png

Ymir's training.  Look at that, he's better than Dice was!

Also, Frost's probably going to cap out before the end of this chapter.

POlqCkD.png

Because it is Roshea's turn.

3CBDlUz.pngcsBgqBB.png

Roshea fared much worse, as he got doubled by his fellow Swordmasters, could barely do any damage at all to most people and, well, the "beatable" mages utterly destroyed him.

l2jS6Ta.pngYVXmfFj.pngf2tEFpW.png

I was able to get him a level, but nothing else. But, hey, Frost reached the level cap! That's... actually not bad. Offensively, he's slightly better than Etzel was. But of course, his defense is way worse. Maybe I'll bring him along. I shall see.

rlWJXZq.pngigexP4d.png3xqLlvq.png

Shopping. I bought a few recovers and elfires, and one of each silver. But of course, that ate through my cash...

cwRzp5S.png

Earn us some money, Matthis!

tDpbCUQ.pngn2qvnRZ.png

Even Matthis had trouble, being doubled by 'Zerkers. But look at that! He could beat Generals! Granted, he got a crit in that round, but sssstill.

nYW8hZb.png

Feena, too, reached her max level. She failed to cap luck by one point. But still, 14 defense for a Dancer. That's highly ridiculous.

s7Hv8Oa.png

Okay, time to finish this. Aaaarrrgh annoying meteoric Heretics! Although, I could finally take a screenshot of meteor that isn't a nuke explosion, soooo there's that, I suppose? Enjoy the sight of that rock?

ALZRMw6.png

Okay, at last.

oxoXIBQ.png

And now, he's going to face the boss. Just this round of combat shall net him a level-up. Go ahead, disappoint me again, Roshea.

tBAOJzb.png

Well. That's fuckin' awesome. Which isn't what I wanted! Damnit Roshea, I told you to disappoint me!

Which he technically did. He disappointed me by failing to disappoint me, which means he disappointed me, which in turn...

Urk! Gaaah! My brains!

ixFdukc.pngm3ZGjYV.png

You better not fail. Otherwise, I'll lose Feena.

Nah, not really, if you fail, you'll simply lose the oportunity to get this kill, for Leiden or Athena would instead claim it.

0NIq2OV.png

Good work.

7DlWc4L.png

He's got 70 exp. And this guy is still alive. You see where I'm going with this?

n5pX1V9.png

Very well... I didn't plan this very throughoutly though. None of the people nearby can chip the Sorcerer down without murdering him.

kMMK2iy.png

I wasn't expecting this to work, but what do you know, it did! Good job, Rosh.

ALhawuC.png

A couple energy drops and you'll be set for life. I've nobody else who needs them, anyway. Everybody else either doesn't need strength or has over 20 points in it.

zRk2c95.png

I remember in the last minute to retrieve this thing. I didn't buy a single talisman, so it's a good thing I remembered.

ssIdaZh.png

And that is it. This chapter could be considered as "the calm before the storm" that are the chapters inside the Dragon's Altar.

H7lLFqH.png

What a beautiful place. Quite clean, too. Who cleaned the floor? You can see the ceiling! Astonishing work there, Gharnef. It's truly a shame that we'll have to stain it with blood. A lot of blood.

3hMtHsT.png

Oh, no no no NOOOO! Not Lord Gotoh Inconvenience the Pompous!

pdzAqC5.png

I do have to wonder what you're doing here. Weren't you supposed to be investigating? Doing important things? Like scratching your centuries-old balls all day long?

lXVKrUI.pngREjIjhO.png

Mm. I see. That's actually useful. I'm dumbstruck. Why, you should've sent us hiking for another month or so before telling us that! We've time! The earth dragons are reknown for their patience!

5k1pVi6.png

Why is it that every time Gotoh shows up, everyone loses the capacity to think?

PYVPCnF.pngsjyY4EK.png

Oh so... you've been so annoying about the earth dragons just to tell us now that they aren't the ones we should look out for?

yWV2HMu.png

...what is going on?

CVkQQTT.png8hEMmuN.png

...I'm almost afraid to ask...

2vN6oDt.png

...how, exactly...?

IT1ilzt.png

Wait, you mean to tell me...

You knew this? And... you only made the connection just now.

I...

You know, I wanted this whole stint to be comedic. I wanted to joke around! My sole desire was to entertain the masses!

AND YOU JUST HAD TO COME AND DO THIS! YOU HAVE DEFEATED ME!

I CAN'T JOKE ABOUT THIS! THE IDIOCY! IT IS FAR TOO MUCH! THIS IS THE GUY EVERYONE LOVES? THE DEITY WHO SAVED THE WORLD?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! STUPID GOTOH!

fbDIBCu.png Calm down, will you?

ZyMLR0k.png How? How am I supposed to calm down!? WHILE EVERYBODY ADMIRES THIS BUFFOON?!

21UDkkJ.pngAlbu1v7.pngKdKL1W9.png

fbDIBCu.png Ruben, they're moving up the tower. We're falling behind.

cyU1NmJ.png Oh, I'll show you "falling behind".

fbDIBCu.png What are you doing?

cyU1NmJ.png I've had it, Rody. I endured. Oh, did I endure. I've led you all, as well as I could. No matter how many we lost, I would never give up.

cyU1NmJ.png But now? I think I'm tired. I've lost faith, you know? I simply cannot bring myself to keep going, if what I'm doing is for the benefit of a senile buffoon, a failure of a mage, and a weakling dumbass Prince! Who will take all the credit for themselves!

cyU1NmJ.png I'm taking their lives right now, with my very hands!

fbDIBCu.png Come, now...

d0WIubs.png?1 Hey, cut it out, you're starting to sound like Gharnef!

cyU1NmJ.png ...

ZyMLR0k.png  ..perhaps.

fbDIBCu.png Calm down... sheathe your weapon...

ZyMLR0k.png ...

fbDIBCu.png It's all right. We two won't get any credit, either. Nobody will! We're all soldiers and retainers. Secondary characters to the main faces everybody knows and loves. But we're not doing this for fame. We're doing this for the sake of mankind.

ZyMLR0k.png I...

d0WIubs.png?1 Yeah, it would be a shame if all those cute ladies were to die! We can't let our dumb leaders get in the way of that!

LghVj9q.png Yes... yes, I suppose that is true.

ZyMLR0k.png My apologies. I got carried away.

5FQS1sh.png It's quite all right. I think we can all understand.

fbDIBCu.png Indeed.

LghVj9q.png Hm... let's catch up to them, shall we?

5FQS1sh.png Yes, of course.

LghVj9q.png ...Marth, at least... Marth deserves to win... at least more than the others... yes... just keep telling myself that, and...

CGp3B3A.png

Ah, Ymir.

RPxY6Ls.pngL10jnAX.png

Ymir, I hate to break it to you, but your arms and chest are bare. I don't think that would be very warm in an actually cold place.

SQXtFmK.png5MKlQ0S.png

Ah, yeah. The last hat. I guess I should let you guys choose, although... does it really matter at this point?

xNaVvy7.pnghDQWZIr.png

We'll let democracy decide that. Tomorrow, we move on to the first filler chapter of the Dragon's Altar. And I hope Gotoh doesn't show his face. This... ugh. Seriously. He knew that already and he only made the connection now! What kind of investigation--

fbDIBCu.png Ruben. Please.

Sorry.

Ghzdzyk.png

Hey, Minerva! Where are you going?

Oh... I see. I'm sorry.

pEIfPu2.pngGl2SH2a.png

Okay, okay, hold on... I'm leaving...

4FPhdHb.png

GAAAH GHOST! Where's my sword!

Crap I gave it to Wrys!

4aMZN7S.pngNIIU6Mf.png

Wait, what? He's not a ghost? He's alive? How?!

Z2HewLh.pngOY9zFum.png

But I can see the houses through the hole in your gut! You're not living just because you'd be "endless laughing stock" if you died!

0pXuGRu.png

And Minerva, don't you think our first priority should be to get him to a healer post-haste? His will to live may be amazing, but he can still bleed out right here, and I am NOT wasting the Aum saving this prick.

Ukw78aX.pngGVmZ6uH.png

Oh. Okay.

Okay.

OKAY!

FINE!

WELL I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP.

YOU CAN ROT HERE.

5FQS1sh.png My friend, I think you need to rest. Very urgently.

Argh!

Okay, okay, I'm leaving. Urk. Where to?

5FQS1sh.png Follow me. I've prepared some tea. It'll be good for you.

I guess...

tsCaPqN.png1EsWJqI.png

Reset count: 10 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 3)

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*