I'm in over my head - A bad player's first Ironman Fire Emblem 12 run (and first let's play)!

Well, it turns out that Ruben doesn't get away with it after all. And has to start with the map that put me off the whole thing! Though I have to question how Etzel thinks that this will be helpful.

Jeez Nyna, flirting with the guy who she accuses as a monster and destroyer. While Camus does so too. Frankly I think they both have poor standards now. Turns out that knock to the head helped Camus more than expected!

So once again Boah proves himself useful. I've come round to him as a unit in MotE, but this playthrough is helping me like him more.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/9/2017 at 3:51 PM, Rubenio said:

Boah is tired of Nyna's crap.

Honestly, who wouldn't be at this point?

He gets doubled by Gouber unless he gets a point of speed by leveling up! How pathetic is that?

A knight getting doubled? Pfffffft! Pathetic!

sNKm8cO.png ...

Hey mods, what about angry Etzel as an emote?

9nF1Pjb.png?1

There, death edit. I'm tired.

You could have said he was stabbed in the gut or something.

a3JCjAS.png

STOP TRYING TO DEFY CANON FOR NAGA'S SAKE!

Sorry, sorry, I won't talk anymore about Tear Ring Saga.

Would it be illegal to tell me what emulator you're using? ePSXe kicks my ass every time I try to configure it.

Edited by Franp3

Okay, just one message this time, one, no more until the update. I'm sick of clogging the thread with my "sorry can't be arsed to update" messages.

This time, I'm having a problem I... actually never had, surprisingly enough.

I can't beat the God forsaken Chronicle! I mean, I could've, but... you'll see. Suffice to say, I'm just not feeling like trying again today.

I'm just feeling like replying, so I'll do that real quick.

On 26/9/2017 at 0:30 AM, Dayni said:

Well, it turns out that Ruben doesn't get away with it after all. And has to start with the map that put me off the whole thing! Though I have to question how Etzel thinks that this will be helpful.

He's trying to create an alternate timeline in which I refrain from killing his son. I think.

Jeez Nyna, flirting with the guy who she accuses as a monster and destroyer. While Camus does so too. Frankly I think they both have poor standards now. Turns out that knock to the head helped Camus more than expected!

Yeah, Tatiana, at least, isn't a depressed, cursed sad sack like Nyna. I still feel bad for her, though. Everything that could've gone wrong for her did so in flying colours.

So once again Boah proves himself useful. I've come round to him as a unit in MotE, but this playthrough is helping me like him more.

From what I've heard, he's basically Wendell 2.0 in Shadow Dragon (which is never a bad position to be in), and I actually like him more personality-wise. He's a really interesting character for how little screentime he gets. Also, the 'stache. His hat may be inferior, but he makes up for that.

New LP theory! Moulder travelled to--

No, no, nonono I like the Boulder WAY too much to make him Nyna's assistant! And the whole getting Gradivus'd affair, I guess.

On 26/9/2017 at 2:22 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

I enjoyed the update! Making Etzel pale with worry was a nice touch.

Aw, why thank you! I'm thinking he doesn't look angry enough, though. But I tried to modify his eyebrows and it looked terrible, and I wanted this edit to look serious in contrast to, well...

18 hours ago, Franp3 said:

Honestly, who wouldn't be at this point?

Not me, that's for sure.

A knight getting doubled? Pfffffft! Pathetic!

Yeah... by another Knight. With 7 speed. That's like, Wendy one-hitting Murdock. It's... possible, if you train her, feed her statboosters and give her the Maltet and a triangle attack, but...

Fun fact, I used Wendy once and she was awesome. Anyone surprised? No? Well then, let's keep going.

Hey mods, what about angry Etzel as an emote?

I second this motion. C'mon, guys, go ahead, it's already done! It's not like when I asked for a Frost flair in the reddit sub, and they took weeks to actually give it to me. You just have to spend five mins in paint cutting the background out!

You could have said he was stabbed in the gut or something.

Yeah... but c'mon, you've got to admit, it's amazing.

STOP TRYING TO DEFY CANON FOR NAGA'S SAKE!

Ditto!

Would it be illegal to tell me what emulator you're using? ePSXe kicks my ass every time I try to configure it.

I do believe emulation is legal, it's roms that we must avoid like the plague.

I initially disliked ePSXe's lack of intuitivity, too, so I got mednafen. But the horribly clunky interface made me go back to ePSXe. I downloaded a pack, "ultimate ePSXe" was its name, that came with plugins and all. I just had to tweak a few things and it was ready to go. Try it!

As of the rom, go buy the actual game, this LP does NOT support piracy.

Cough.

LghVj9q.png I did quite well last time! I should be done with this in no time, wouldn't you say?

sNKm8cO.png You failed. Twice.

LghVj9q.png I've had worse days.

sNKm8cO.png ...just be off already before I decide to just kill you.

ZyMLR0k.png Now, that was uncalled for.

sNKm8cO.png Well, you can't do any worse than that... can you?

ZyMLR0k.png GAH! Stupid warp staff!

sNKm8cO.png ...Ursula, give me the strength to endure these trials that await me... give me the patience I will need...

Part 43 - It's a small world.

This update is long as hell, so I'm glad I already replied to everybody. Let's just get right to it...

sNKm8cO.png That can't be good.

Stuff it, Etzel.

sNKm8cO.png What did you say?

Stuff it, Etzel. But, with love.

sNKm8cO.png ...

Spoiler

KacnkIi.png

Last time, I saved Nyna and company only for them to fall prey of Cutscene Incompetence. Today...

WU3DYrc.png

I think it should be quite predictable who's today's protagonist.

Mp82bt0.pngAMOpdrO.png

One that's barely ever seen, as far as I know.

YOjdLKw.pngR3OYZYC.png

Right, Minerva used to be an enemy. I should really play FE11.

7eKeYOy.png

Well now, that can only mean good things are to come.

Eh141zU.png1tn3S5M.png

Of course. Random bandits. What an interesting Chronicle.

gJQNmou.png

Oh. Faceless generic civilian trying to fight a bandit? No! You guys always have 0 in every stat! But at least this is interesting.

YHzvp4c.png

Duck!

AEG5x90.png

Oh, well. Affordable losses.

QWGGD6h.pngNuQLcOd.png

There's Minerva. As you guys can see with your eyes.

P3Q0etj.pngcpZHOXK.png

Why would Minerva be with the bandits?

iQDFGh5.png

Oh, they're military men! That explains it.

v9LQKKm.png4ezched.png

And that is not the worst thing they've done. You shall see.

PjqRUcU.png

Gee, I wonder. They initially mistook you for the bandits! Shouldn't that be enough of a clue that, indeed, the deserters are the ones currently assaulting the village?

tV5Nr0D.png

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No!

y6ieiH7.png

It's THE DARK EMPEROR!

R1pGIQz.png

And he's not alone. They suffer of Tomas Syndrome in this chapter, but Roshea and Wolf are here as well. No idea about Sedgar and Vyland, though. I guess Hardin wanted matching subordinates as well as matching clothes today.

9fiMk3X.pngIM9AsDj.png

And there we go again. More stupidity. Hardin! You're the leader of the faction Minerva is trying to destroy at this point in time! Say you're called "Jonathan Marveloustache" or something. Anything but "I don't want you to know my name"!

duN1Gro.png

Fair enough. Of course.

XTxxnTj.png

Hard not to be, you were much too busy discussing plot with your subordinates.

A9TioaN.pngvLduGho.png

Hardin, this is not the time to flirt with the enemy. Those bandits are still around. And they've a really important hostage!

whDdXCi.pngKZBuEDa.png

Indeed, you weren't too gifted in FE11. They buffed you in FE12, but you were still worse than the Whitewings. I can say that because Est retired, remember?

43sVdfO.pngYReuk0H.pngfvTkxgx.png

Kudos to you, Hardin. Can we go take care of this situation of which you have a firm grasp, now?

jbBycac.pngsAJVfca.pngas1cQ9x.png

Hint hint, although, as you'll see, there aren't many other places to go, really.

DYosJhF.png

Oh, my! They've kidnapped maidens? Truly irredeemable! Let us free the helpless ladies!

c7eGJ3B.png

Bwahah. I love this line. Poor Minerva probably wasn't expecting so many of her soldiers to be brigands now.

lvEbLHG.png53jd1ea.png

Yes, and we should be off as well.

Okay, so today--

lJ1Ef3M.png

Unh.

iW7sNwC.pngquY3SWr.png

One has to wonder why she didn't send Est instead. I mean, Est is really useless in this chapter.

lf0Qfyw.pngV7WKyh1.png

Spoiler alert: she doesn't make it in time.

d6cgU3q.pngFKI44z4.png85fLm6D.png

Yes, indeed! Those fools shall pay for kidnapping the helpless maidens!

zRRcC7S.png

Hold on, that's not a helpless maiden, that's...

Frost?!

NOW I'M MAD, UNHAND BEST BISHOP AT ONCE!

Wait... what...

k3PQ8BE.png?1

Is this your idea of a joke, Etzel?

sNKm8cO.png Heh... no, but now that you mention it, it is quite fun.

sNKm8cO.png Now go and kill that vile man by the name of Ruben. Such a despicable scoundrel.

Sigh... remember the first time I introduced Frost in one of my introductions and asked you guys if you could see the ironic part of the whole exchange? Yeah... this is it.

For the record, this guy looks nothing like me.

0AnqCAj.png

In any case, Frost refuses to betray his country for the likes of Ruben.

2SlW5cm.pngTdtKzIq.png

What a delightfully lame line. It's awesome.

yJ9PQQ3.png

Don't you worry, Frost. I will rescue you, even should I let all the helpless maidens die for it! You're more important.

Besides, what good can a bunch of helpless maidens be? Athena is all we need...

sGCa7Ez.png Stupid manchild!

GAAAH what are you doing here?! You are not supposed to--

sGCa7Ez.png Etzel told ve zhat you vere going to kill verself. Ve hurried here to vatch and be grateful.

sNKm8cO.png You know, this was a good idea. I can feel the laughter easing the pain away.

Does that--

sNKm8cO.png No. Keep going.

Why, of course.

j4cjm7B.png

But before that, more talking.

Seriously? A tutorial on Archers and fliers? No! These are, as far as I remember, unlocked after beating the game once! You literally can't play these without playing through the entire main game! There's almost no way for someone to make it here without knowing this crap!

Stupid waste of dialogue...

42lsOBM.pngwIG3T3j.png

Hurrah! At last, gameplay! This is the most "normal" of the Chronicles, as in, it's the only one that resembles a normal FE chapter.

AxNIHd1.pngSYYn0ij.pngUs0PoS4.png5Q1PSWg.pngPcTSFNv.png

Here's the crew. I'll go over them all briefly.

Minerva is pretty great. Her silver axe will make short work of pretty much anyone. She does get destroyed by Archers, though. And you won't be able to have her fight at first, as she's got many things to do in the first part of the map.

Hardin, whom I forgot to screencap because I am samrt, is the second "Lord" of the chapter. He's also the best unit we'll be getting. Great bases (which I can't screencap at the moment because I am back home for the weekend, and only got an old laptop here), absolutely amazing growths and two silvers make him an absolute powerhouse of a unit. Guess that's how he became so powerful. There's, quite literally, only one enemy in the entire map (not counting the boss, who can't even do that much to him) who can actually endanger him.

Roshea is Hardin but worse. He can be of some help, but overall, he's not very good.

Wolf is the designated boss killer. He's, bar none, the one who deals the most damage to Ruben. Otherwise, he's not that great. He can finish off some stray Cavaliers and Fighters, but other than that...

Catria is, much like Roshea to Hardin, a worse version of Minerva. Unlike Rosh, though, she has some good weaponery. She has to rely on crits, though, as she gets two-shot or one-shot by everyone.

Est is even worse. She can't even one-shot Cavaliers with the ridersbane! Just send her to visit villages after handing her lance over to Hardin.

kvay0N1.png

Here's the boss, whom I, for once, remembered to screencap.

He's a great flier. I wish we got him instead of Minerva.

Then again, he's a Frost kidnapper. Asshat.

6Y716tV.png

Speaking of whom... Frost starts as an enemy Bishop stranded in that little delta over there. It's a good idea to recruit him as soon as possible, so as not to allow him to use up the Physic staff too much. As a fighter, he's not very good at all. He can do some mean damage, but it's a bad idea to let him be attacked.

Also, for those who don't know (Franp), Frost is the first of the Archanea Chronicles Original Characters. At least this time, he's not a literal clone of an entirely unrelated enemy Manakete from another Chronicle.

lLcShEj.png

With that out of the way, Est may as well do something.

phVV3a0.pngjLJCn6M.png

Yey, vulnerary!

rnpupQv.png

This is the range of the nearest Archers. As you can see, Minerva can just outfly them from her starting position. For that reason, she's the best candidate to save the second village from the pictured Thief.

PCYGLWI.png

The enemy has caught sight of us.

7eDZKtJ.pngOpLckAc.png

Come now, Ruben, it never pays to underestimate your enemies.

AZt0821.png

That much is true. But we won't be approaching the fortress just yet. There are quite a lot of enemies in the way.

You could also fight Ruben early with Minerva, but it isn't a very good idea. In a pretty clever level design choice, Frost would make it impossible to beat him, and if you recruited him beforehand, he'd have nowhere to escape safely after Ruben was pulled closer.

ZcY4DhC.pngUEjjOn0.pngVC9GuEE.png

So let's just take on the mooks for now.

PCSBaYs.png

Well, that didn't go so well.

aThvfrc.png

Well, I lost.

sNKm8cO.pngSigh... already?

sGCa7Ez.png Vhat a terrible, terrible tactician.

...no need to rub salt on the wound, guys.

sGCa7Ez.png I disagree.

Urk!

hWXRr1f.png

Okay, this time I'll win for sure. Something I forgot to mention, MInerva is always attacked by this Fighter if you send her west.

tX7DCbb.pngmN906At.png

We survived the turn! Hurray! We've a metric fuckton of enemy troops on their way, but that's fine. It's nothing Coyote can't take care of.

TtMp2Bx.pnguP8CYVW.pngVmjaoBE.png

Well, crap.

aZKbPoO.png

Okay, okay, hold on. I can't afford to fail to kill this guy. Catria just doesn't cut it.

a3QH6ED.png

There's no way to get both her and Est out of his range, either.

jM1NowE.png

Thankfully, Minerva was nearby, and can deal just enough damage for Catria to finish him off.

y5OogJ2.png

Down you go, asshole! We're safe.

c3fB5Jk.png

You... go cower in the corner.

dJPmIn1.png

Oh, I forgot about this guy.

Well, I mean...

jxSbT8p.png

There we go again.

What's with the glares? Third time's the charm! Have some faith in me, come now, Etzel, Athena!

qMC81Ur.png

Piece of--

9nBjcvl.png

Perish!

i1AhJNv.pngYeDE7g1.png

Catria might as well go visit the Village. Meanwhile, Est gets herself out of Coyote'n'company's way.

OTZ3LqA.pngCipoEpA.png

More uninteresting death.

MpjgcO2.pnguJPEQQ5.pngs67NF9P.png

Enemy phase. Bastards only went after my most brittle troops. Cowards! Fight Hardin like real men!

NcM3ifL.png

Time for some talking. No, Minerva, the "other soldiers" belong to Hardin.

dMX13Vx.pnguSh1ioz.png

Understood, for sure, but you're still incapable of accomplishing such a feat reliably.

ScIbwsy.png5xWCa1P.png

Catria will visit this village next turn. Minerva, meanwhile, moves south to talk with Frost.

OCu3cch.pngzYiEE1U.png

"So it was you"? What was he, exactly? Care to elaborate?

ozmENO3.png

Well, anyway.

wCTGCDD.png5eaq0K6.png

Perfectly understandable.

wCDLJmC.pngTgBAksO.pngsttG3cC.png

Yeah, they shall pay for having threatened you of all people.

6T13DZB.pngdxe5sxM.png

Will do.

fOxtdy7.png

But first, put that staff of yours to good use. Wolf is no longer in danger!

oULD4jj.png

He uses his newfound health to fail horribly. 88 percent chance, everybody. And with double RNG, too!

BifWcHN.png7prg5Uk.png

Jeez, that was a great failure of a turn.

q5EK4aT.png

Hah! Okay, they can't kill Est. Pfft. Thank you, conveniently placed village. You just saved Abel's downfall.

ETGCqa6.png

But to maximize the chance of her leaving, I make her equip her javelin and take a shot at her vulnerary.

SqewgaD.pngvRl5qDb.png3yDrXcY.png

She would've never killed the guy, but she wanted to make veeeeeeeeery sure not to deal even the slightest damage. Good work, Est.

jd5yjJu.pngUFfMm4Y.png

In unrelated news, Catria has finally entered the village to speak with this mustachioed man.

7Bg4VKE.png

Strength! I'm not too sure what to do with this. Maybe Wolf so he can do even more damage to Ruben. I shall see.

uXtEHlh.png

Speaking of the devil, Frost heals the man.

gDDwyUL.pngSNFMyGm.pngdUQyCxX.png

Time for you all to die! Roshea is not as good as Hardin, but he's still capable of one-rounding Archers with his steel lance.

8xz5ro3.png

Nice! He got speed. Quite ironic, considering his growths in FE11.

2b5jdZ1.pngk72CsDY.png

Only one Cavalier is left, but Est has to heal herself regardless because only one guy can slaughter her.

tgdlIJ0.png

More Ruben banter.

JXKdXFJ.png

Not really, no. Nobody except for Minerva has left the starting area yet.

sjY5fJg.pngcDIPuHW.png30SstoR.png

From this turn on, two Cavaliers and two Fighters will be spawning from the fort. It is at this point when you should start to move forward. You could wait for them, but Frost has no way of escaping his starting position (as there's an unavoidable squad of Archers and Knights on the way that'll make short work of him).

LSZSrNq.png

Die already!

mBH9Xsw.pngjRf789Z.pnggqb60OQ.png

We spent the next few turns moving.

EYEZpXl.png

And talking. Don't worry, Minerva, she won't go anywhere. It would be foolish to send her anywhere.

Man7c0x.pngD0c5psY.png

This chapter's conversations are absolutely awful. You thought last chapter was bad? Think again. But at least we've got Frost.

fT0YRNX.png

I'm an idiot and move everyone here, without realising that's just another river tile and that the bridge is further to the south. Grumble grumble.

uwqvdkl.pngr4Ijr9F.png

At last, we're here. See that? They don't move unless somebody is in their range, so Frost is fine so long as he doesn't go anywhere, but you'll want him to be able to go anywhere when the Cavaliers arrive.

MZMsvuw.png

I almost forgot. Est doesn't need that lance.

4dWkBqi.png3J3Wf8w.pnglsgO4c2.png

A couple enemies head north while the rest go after the Wolfguard.

rYklusr.png

Surprise!

9Pfb9QZ.png

Frost does some fighting.

7DZcKeN.png

I inmediately regret it.

Oh, well. Better get a critical hit, then.

pPswkg2.png

Yes! Finally! Something went my way!

SIY3go3.png

You, stay there and take a hit.

dy4bdsz.pngUeC36oa.png

This is the plan. Hardin will be taking on the enemy.

VxbbMJC.pngxzGjxWs.png

But first, Frost's 1 luck is annoying. 1% crit, holy moly. The worst kind of FE death. Thankfully, 'twas not to be.

Twh24iw.png

Argh! Hardin!

XKfzEhM.png

Excellent, now please dodge.

uEcGuoc.png

God damnit! Nooooooo!!

gVsbs1g.png

Yaaargh!

Hey, but on second thought... this means he can't be the dark emperor! The war of Heroes will never happen now! Your son is safe, Etzel!

sNKm8cO.png What a genial plan. Except for the small detail of the world being destroyed by Medeus because Hardin wasn't there to save Nyna and ally with Marth.

...yeah... that much is true.

LghVj9q.png Oh, well. That was a long enough update. Next time, we beat the Chronicle for real. Because, really, I'm only halfway through the Imgur album for this chapter, and I don't want an endless update to bore everybody. So, yeah...

sGCa7Ez.png No. Go do it again.

X5SGs1H.png Yes, mistress! At once!

sGCa7Ez.png On second thought, please just go.

X5SGs1H.png Yes, mis--

sGCa7Ez.png SILENCE! DON'T SAY ZHAT AGAIN!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 J-jeez, put the sword down, I was just joking! Etzel! Do something!

sNKm8cO.png I will, but... after she cuts you up a bit. Don't worry, though, I won't let you die. I still need you.

sGCa7Ez.png I von't kill him, don't vorry. I'll just make him suffer and see if he likes it so much...

GlhBh58.jpg?1 No, I can already tell you I won't! STOP IT! GAAH!!

Reset count: 15 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 4 - Chronicles: 4)

Death count: Linde
                       Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice
                       Matthis**
                       Yumina
                       Ymir
                        PRETZEL

*Retreated.

**Honorably discharged.

1 hour ago, Rubenio said:

Stuff it, Etzel. But, with love.

sNKm8cO.png ...

Isn't that nice, he can't be too angry about that remark. :P

A9TioaN.pngvLduGho.png

Hardin, this is not the time to flirt with the enemy. Those bandits are still around. And they've a really important hostage!

COME ON, THAT'S TWO IN A ROW!

You'd expect them to take their positions more seriously, but whatever.

sGCa7Ez.png Etzel told ve zhat you vere going to kill verself. Ve hurried here to vatch and be grateful.

sNKm8cO.png You know, this was a good idea. I can feel the laughter easing the pain away.

You know what, I think so too.

Also, this is going to be a lot of fun, I see. This chapter already has multiple resets, and the chronicle total is now as many times as Marth died! I know my comment is pretty cynical, but I'll try to be better from here on.

Will there be more chronicle resets than Pretzel deaths? I say likely!

6 hours ago, Rubenio said:

AEG5x90.png

I demand credit for this.

Hardin, this is not the time to flirt with the enemy.

Is this a recurring gag for the chronicles or what?

Oh, my! They've kidnapped maidens? Truly irredeemable!

Pretty much the plot of every RPG videogame of the 80s.

Hold on, that's not a helpless maiden, that's...

Frost?!

He does check the "helpless" box though.

sGCa7Ez.png Hahah! Suffer!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Gah! Stop it!

sNKm8cO.png Where do you think you're going? THUNDER!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Ack! Ow ow ow! Unhand me!

sGCa7Ez.png Yes... this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, Etzel. Ve are grateful.

sNKm8cO.png Indeed. I haven't had this much fun since my wife passed away... ELFIRE!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Jikes! Nooooo my beautiful green ro--

sGCa7Ez.png HAH!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 AHH MY BEAUTIFUL ARM!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 ...urk... if I may... take my leave...

sNKm8cO.png Oh, yes, the mission. I almost forgot.

sGCa7Ez.png But is he healthy enough to do it?

sNKm8cO.png Looks good enough to me. Now, where's the warp staff...

sGCa7Ez.png I'll look at him while you search. Take that!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 AAAGH! Don't you think that is enough?!

sGCa7Ez.png No.

GlhBh58.jpg?1 ...if I am to die, then... at least... I will tell you one thing...

LghVj9q.png You two make a good couple. You should go ahead, and

sNKm8cO.png ...very well. That should do it. You should be thankful Prince Marth was kind enough to lend me this restore staff instead of just sending it to the castle along with everything else.

ZyMLR0k.png Can I just be off? I'm having trouble feeling my right arm.

sNKm8cO.png Yes, sure. Warp!

LghVj9q.png Oh, and... don't waste this chance, okay?

X5SGs1H.png Keep her company while you watch me struggleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

sNKm8cO.png...that isn't such a bad idea...

sGCa7Ez.png Stupid manchild... I look forward to seeing him fail again.

sNKm8cO.png Heh heh... yes...

Part 44 - Charging to our doom.

The other day I was bored at class and drew a few doodles.

rm6Vvktg.jpg

I don't know why I'm sharing these aberrations. I sure as hell can tell you I'm not proud of that Elrean. Sorry, man. I tried.

Anyway.

On 30/9/2017 at 3:32 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Nice update!

Gratefulness!

Oh, you might want to avoid collecting commemorative plates. Just in case. :)

I'd make a pun, but sadly, it'd only work in spanish. You see, here, we call clay pigeon shooting "tiro al plato", which, when translated literally, means "shoot the plate".

So yeah, that's the joke. I'll shoot up plates to cleanse my namesake's murderous desires.

On 30/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, Dayni said:

Isn't that nice, he can't be too angry about that remark. :P

Well, as I said, I can't feel my right arm very well.

COME ON, THAT'S TWO IN A ROW!

You'd expect them to take their positions more seriously, but whatever.

Thankfully, it's the last time this'll happen. The next one is an entirely different kind of cancerogenous crap, and the fourth one is more of Camus and Nyna.

You know what, I think so too.

Glad you think so, I... guess.

Also, this is going to be a lot of fun, I see. This chapter already has multiple resets, and the chronicle total is now as many times as Marth died! I know my comment is pretty cynical, but I'll try to be better from here on.

Cynical? More like realistic.

Will there be more chronicle resets than Pretzel deaths? I say likely!

Stupid Pretzel. Oh, I'm supposed to be trying to revive him through alternate timeline shenanigans. Still. Stupid Pretzel. I hate him.

On 30/9/2017 at 9:00 PM, Franp3 said:

I demand credit for this.

No.

Is this a recurring gag for the chronicles or what?

As I said, not quite, but if you played them in order, you'd think that.

Pretty much the plot of every RPG videogame of the 80s.

That, and the swordsman as the main character. Actually, if you think about it, FE does one thing differently: usually, the main character was the best. In FE, well, Roy, Marth everywhere but FE12, Eliwood (although I am rather fond of him, personally), Leif...

He does check the "helpless" box though.

Why, you... just wait! Today, you will see just how helpless he is!

Spoiler

Well, this definitely is my tardiest update thus far. But, hey, weekly updates is the norm for this kind of schtick, if nothing else, I've been amazingly dedicated for the rest of the LP. Makin' up for the general suckage everywhere else, I suppose.

Anyway, going right back into the fray would be a little too abrupt for my liking, so let's make a little interlude.

I don't know if you guys have ever noticed this, but in the DS games, you can only get one quote out of any given boss at a time. If, say, you fight Hardin with Tomas (stand-in for "random unimportant person"), and later send in Marth, you won't get the unique battle talk for Marth unless you reset and make Marth fight Hardin before anyone else. It's not a huge issue usually, since 99% of the FE11 bosses have one quote and even less personalities and FE12 is, as I've mentioned several times, even worse than its predecessor in the boss department. However, there are certain bosses with interesting unique dialogue. That's when this arbitrary limitation becomes really annoying.

This is one of those bosses. His normal line is nothing to write home about, much unlike his dialogue with Minerva. Since I never did start the battle with him with Minerva in any of my attempts, I just quickly sent Minerva to battle him only to record the dialogue and watch Est die while at it. Here it is.

fzjtE5j.png

What a great start. Munchin' Manaketes is not quite on the same league as Blistering Barnacles, but it's still hilariously lame. That seems to be this guy's main gimmick. Being hilariously lame.

hdxD3c6.pngX5bkTRC.png

And already, we get a healthy dose of protagonist stupidity. The real update hasn't even begun yet!

Minerva, you've heard of former soldiers from your army committing atrocious crimes and harassing innocent people. There's also this former soldier who was expelled from your army for committing atrocious crimes and harassing innocent people. Yet, it surprises you to find him here? Why?

FtJ6cBQ.png

Yes, please, surrender. I'm sure if we ask politely, he will comply.

C9zrLkH.png

I mean, did anybody think for a second that this would work?

HiAPhm2.png

This guy is actually a really special boss. Why, you ask?

4q8HMpM.png

Because he's secretely a Sage skilled enough to unleash a forged Bolganone upon Minerva's feelings.

N40BE21.png

I'd say +50 might, give or take a point or two.

PQMgUTq.png

He also got a critical hit.

I'm not joking, I absolutely love this scene. Minerva didn't just get burned, she got nuked into oblivion!

VONAx1h.png

Holy moly. And the best part is, he's actually right. Keep in mind that this is happening before FE11. As of now, Michalis is perfectly proud of being an asshole, Minerva is dumb, and Maria is completely useless.

And they never really got much better! Michalis did develop, which is actually quite admirable, even if he remained an arrogant jerk to the bitter end(?), but Minerva in Book 2 was still a bit of a dumb pushover being defeated by a weak, pathetic throwaway like Rucke, and Maria was only marginally better than Elice when it came to staying unkidnapped!

In conclusion, this guy has just psychologically uppercut Minerva right into the ropes. I wonder how she'll retaliate...

JEsmUa3.png

Yeah. She couldn't even think of anything.

Even Midia could hit Camus back when he humiliated her. And Camus is awesome. This is just some random one-off boss!

You disappoint me, Minerva.

6QVoZRp.pngyKXqa1b.png

Okay, time to beat this thing already. New strategy: the aurelians will quickly head south while the macedonians fly west. Perhaps a pincer attack will do the trick.

gRJ8tIz.pnglB0utWa.pngLLnnwpB.png

But before we do that, we have to take care of a few roadblocks.

erdF0NP.png

Soon enough, only one Cavalier remains. He goes after Wolf because archer.

RzRuCCt.png

Sigh this right here is why I find the pegasi to be quite useless in this chapter. Roshea, at least, can take some hits, and Wolf can avoid getting hit by attacking from afar. Catria and Est both get two-shot by everybody, and deal pretty pathetic damage, killer lance aside.

ziAoUi0.png

Go ahead and pick up your underling's slack, Minerva the Buffoon.

qOBu5qA.pngN8hsGgN.pngij4bPZc.png

Very well, the starting area is clear. Hardin's crew will begin to move south next turn.

8jdBDUw.png

Gotta hand it to Catria, at least she's only the second worst unit you get in this chapter. Also, I forgot to hand Hardin the ridersbane.

ANA4QMj.png

Frost, no!

Lg3nm0e.pngmOpUutU.png

That's better.

OtT6XvJ.png

Catria saves her sister's hide.

MTUqJjS.pngKsBNfRU.pngEBY79aS.png

And so, we prepare to cross the river. Est hands most of her gear over to Catria so she can heal on her way to give Hardin the ridersbane. She may as well keep the javelin, nobody can do anything with those.

yOVstY5.pngh0qvwy7.png

I've marked the ridersbane Knight. So as to avoid him for the time being, I place Hardin on the very edge of the brigade's range.

2MIp6vM.png

Up north, Minerva does the same. That'll draw some heat away from Hardin.

UZdba2L.png

The downside is that Frost is now vulnerable, but that's all right. Only this Knight can reach him.

It is now time to avenge past Hardin!

Gh8j3X2.png

Like so. But before that...

c36Au2Y.png89IhnAJ.png

Meh. He leveled up better last time. But it doesn't matter that much.

ndaC5c2.png

Uh... well, no choice but to risk it. I think he'll live, even if he gets hit.

YDMOVeg.png

Oh. Hah! About time things went my way.

Gkbm9Sd.png

Hell yeah, that was so satisfying.

itSYrN8.pngXdmA1D4.pngVqx5JXj.png

The others do about what I expected them to do.

DDuMT8I.pngBfRjiQi.png

Damnit Catria, don't you dare miss!

uU6HoIb.png

Honestly, I shouldn't have taken this risk, but hey, gotta make it interesting somehow. This has been a breeze, so far. The last update doesn't count.

I1s49bi.png8HreLJ6.png

Sadly, I was not able to defeat the last of the Knights, but that's fine. He's all alone.

VsBhmqr.png

He could only have killed Catria, and Frost quickly took care of that.

IddyIwM.png

Luck? I don't think he ever got luck in the main playthrough... nor does he need it now. Magic, man! Improve your heals! That's all you need!

kZMsnad.png

In any case, Minerva drinks up a vulnerary.

JVexgaI.png

I stand corrected, I did manage to kill the Knight. Sorry, guys. It's been a while since I played this.

y2SNmlj.png

Ahem, Hardin gets a good level.

v6vaZWx.pngaTZjnRk.png

You might've noticed I made Hardin attack a Knight with the ridersbane. That wasn't me being dumb, I was expecting these guys to attack Hardin.

Of course, he could reach Wolf, so he went after Wolf.

ecAMhzy.pngc87urrl.png

Asshat.

v2vltMA.png

Never defy my foresight!

oa7Cwv9.png

See, Hardin does the ridersbane justice by 1HKOing riders with it, unlike the others. Minerva could probably do well with it, too.

01htaRV.png

Speaking of Minerva, dialogue.

rPYIWAr.pngSBGQkWw.png

You do that by talking in the middle of the battlefield. Classic FE.

BBmyvaA.pngCnocNZ4.png

Minerva, you can't do it alone. Ruben has Horsemen between his bandit troops.

f8URyR5.png

I still can't get over that.

ZuPgbNt.png

Where were we? Oh, okay.

mXSQsvM.pngDXixu4d.png

Yes, let us. I'm tired of this chapter.

p4AVHPr.png

I forgot to visit the village. Good. Just... just good.

iVKYNPH.png

Go, Est. Make yourself useful.

SHSMJ79.pngFN9BmTh.pngUA4iivg.png8drWyY2.png

More fighting. Not much else to say about this.

W8r0nev.pnglY5fSz5.png

Minerva gains her first level. Good. This'll come in handy to fight Ruben.

X6YnYsJ.png

Some vulnerary shots later...

KFhCCk5.png

Frost demonstrates why he's not quite helpless.

HxFZtYC.png

Rosh heals himself as he moves forward in order to lure some guys away from Hardin. I want to give these scrubs a chance to shine.

T6xEhUV.pngXBZ4aN0.png

Especially when Hardin's level of amazement is basically unreachable.

HFbOVDn.pngofyBoWY.png

Roshea knows this, and doesn't want to be left behind. That's okay, Roshea. Think about it, you survived both wars, while Hardin never does no matter what.

That actually would make you feel even worse, so I won't tell you.

69x4i79.png

Anyway.

NlOglQv.png

That's it for the reinforcements. Only Ruben and his guard are left.

3SXXZZb.pngwmCrC0f.png3PKDpS6.png

While Est retrieves the energy drop, we heal up in preparation for the final confrontation with Ruben.

rfNMSpI.pngTMqF9xA.png

Hardin, of course, will be the one to lead the charge.

QJyund0.png

There we go. Even had he been hit critically, he would've survived with one HP.

k5wP0N4.png

I make Wolf stab the guy, just for the novelty of seeing a Horseman with a sword.

AyV0uGu.png

Sadly, he failed to prove his swordsmanship: as you can see, he missed.

FJjiT5D.png

Est...

TsBG0Im.png

...Roshea brings him down to critical health, and...

Dg8QBLl.pngKi83Bpx.png

Catria does him in for a level-up that, all things considered, is completely useless. I appreciate the effort, Catria, but what you need as of now is strength, nothing else. Only bow users and Ruben are left, and a point of HP and defense won't help you against them.

ltHhRSP.pngSXbeQ8u.png

This is it for the Physic. We better finish this quickly.

vH3vl5e.png

To that end, we keep moving forward.

hXSbeHa.pngWA02yCn.png

Despite having moved to the very edge of the enemy range, Hardin drew in quite a lot of heat.

8W8M9nO.png

Ruben too, in fact.

AqzI0AL.png

Jeez, that's a lot of damage that I cannot heal. But it doesn't matter.

uE75WLT.png

I'll just let him slaughter this Horseman.

1zOn0cB.png

Meh. Not very nice to look at.

QZ9nPNc.png

In his wounded misery, Hardin missed Ruben, so it'll take us a little longer to kill him. But that's fine.

9zpwhds.png

That just means I can prove Frost is not helpless once more.

7NdL0PF.png

About time you got magic. Oh, well. You're still great.

08Zo3bH.pngbafBpBK.png

...I was too hasty again, wasn't I?

RjtbaOo.png

Okay, hold on...

ay5Sax3.pngkMYGIgI.png

Well, what do you know, Est has done something. I'm dumbstruck.

ukQUSc6.png

...I was too hasty again. I can't kill both these guys in one turn.

Wait, no! I wasn't too hasty, I'm not to blame at all! You know why?

BECAUSE THE ONLY REASON I'VE LOST IS THAT HARDIN MISSED THAT ONE LANCE THRUST!

5fjeujt.png

At least I'll kill Ruben. Die!

nuneIGD.png

That's it? No witty remarks?

He got the Valter treatment. No complaints here.

Well. The Horseman might miss yet.

Anybody got a village mock-up? I might be able to distract him with it, because as you know...

kQjmHc3.png

Of course. He couldn't just end my fucking attempt in the last blasted second, oohh nooo he had to specifically go after my friggin' favourite character of this Chronicle.

n6LeNff.png

God damnit.

a0iLwVS.png

God... fucking.... damnit! ONE GUY. ONE GUY RUINED 20 MINUTES OF MY LIFE. AAARGH!

What are you two laughing about?!

sNKm8cO.png Oh, she just said something really fun. Pay no mind to us.

sGCa7Ez.png Yes, go back and try again. Stupid manchild!

Can you please stop calling me that?

sGCa7Ez.png ...

sNKm8cO.png ...hah! Yeah, right.

sGCa7Ez.png What are you looking at? Go back.

Urk...

5iMcrbW.png

I was so mad when this happened, I wasn't even able to beat the chapter that day. I lost two more times before I just quit for the day.

The strategy remained the same, though, since it worked so well until HARDIN DECIDED HE DIDN'T WANT TO WIN. So I'll just show you the levels for the successful attempt until we reach Ruben again.

ub0f0nb.pngkq1K0fq.png9YoiElC.png

Great! He never did get defense in the main run.

eFwqtcF.png

Not so great... it was so unremarkable, in fact, I missed the level-up screen.

KQznCKJ.png

I didn't give the energy drop to anybody in the almost-successful attempt. This time, I gave it to Wolf so as to maximize his damage output against Ruben.

2uMuVyl.pngv4FusbV.png

And two great levels later...

nyIv7M3.png

We're back here.

dcNN8jT.png

This time, I sent Wolf to take on the Sniper, which... all things considered, wasn't such a bright idea. But I was bored.

EqsHIZH.pngkcNcWpL.png9fbvycB.png

More quick fighting.

7rVgqu5.png

More great levels.

luSr0WP.pngND78NUe.pngmfEViz3.png

This is all irrelevant.

Ow5r21c.png4OEMcxC.png

What matters is...

lixeAX1.png1CnqZEb.png

(not this)

XrR4goN.png

...remember that you said about Frost being helpless?
Nt03BXk.png

Well, who's helpless now?!

XR7fpmN.png

FEEL THE FROSTBURN, RUBEN!

Xtp9O7C.png

GYAAAAH! WHAT?!

KL7BAFE.png That is for taking my things. I was going to show that warp staff to my family. How can I face them now, knowing I allowed a murderer to steal my things to use them for his foul plans?

Owwwww... Etzel, how, exactly, did Frost make it here?

sNKm8cO.png We're in the middle of nowhere. It's not exactly a very secluded area. Those who want to find us, will, eventually.

You know, now that you've mentioned it, I have to wonder... how does this work? You've warped me away, yet I can still speak to you, and you can harm me from another time and place...

sGCa7Ez.png You mean like THIS?!

URK! Unnnh... yeah, like that. Stupid womanchild...

sGCa7Ez.png Vhat did you say?

Nothing, nothing. Shall I go on?

sGCa7Ez.png ...

gFLfFg5.png

Anyway, Frost got some more luck. Well, it's not like it matters, but I appreciate the effort anyways.

dBbHlyH.png

AT LONG LAST! DAMNIT, AT LOOONG FUCKIN' LAAAAAAAAAST!

...the hell? That's awful!

...yeah, remember when I said FE11 kicked FE12's ass when it came to music? This is the exception that confirms the rule. Personal opinion, of course, but man do I hate FE11's version.

45RoJ6w.png

In any case. About time you showed up, Palla.

bvdrsec.pnge21VG8P.png

"Almost" is right. They're only seconds away from here.

taKfU39.png

See?

A7BlLzi.png

What criminals? They're all dead already!

kOl1OkQ.png

Uuuuhhhhh... trouble~

aVo40QM.png

Oh, I don't know, maybe he means that the guy who looks like Hardin of Aurelis is, in fact, Hardin of Aurelis?

tkeuFWd.png

Yeah, exactly!

TJO2DNN.pnglb3IEc4.png

Well.

SBZt9bC.pnguuSDTfa.png

Subtlety really isn't a very common trait in this continent, is it?

RIYCR2Y.png

And also a charmless buffoon.

F8dUVUf.png

Man, this is beyond not being subtle. It's like they're actively trying to make it obvious!

KpfHXOC.png

JESUS CHRIST, MINERVA, WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?!

o6OUIcs.png

No! She didn't! That guy totally isn't Hardin of Aurelis, the Coyote! NO CHANCE!

KReIsPN.png

And so, they're off.

Iejuyk8.pngln7hGMR.png

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Tell me how I did!

UveqR73.png

Well, well, well! That's not bad at all! In fact, it's pretty damn great!

At last, that's over. Now...

Oh... no... not... NOT RICKARD'S CHRONICLE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Reset count: 18 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 4 - Chronicles: 7)

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice
                       Matthis**
                       Yumina
                       Ymir
                        PRETZEL

*Retreated.

**Honorably discharged.

I feel I'm being cynical when unlike you I don't get round to beating these maps.

35 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Because he's secretely a Sage skilled enough to unleash a forged Bolganone upon Minerva's feelings.

Alright, bravo that's a great line.

Today, I got to see Frost die. That sucked. But after that you finished this map where Minerva seemingly pretending "NOPE, s'not him" is convincing enough that Hardin rides another day, with another 3 resets and Rickard's chronicle next. JOY.

2 hours ago, Rubenio said:

You disappoint me, Minerva.

You say that like it's the first time.

Perhaps a pincer attack will do the trick.

I bet you 500 imaginary dollars it won't.

The others do about what I expected them to do.

Glad to see you've still got some confidence in them.

Nt03BXk.png

Well, who's helpless now?!

I stand corrected. Good for him.

A7BlLzi.png

What criminals? They're all dead already!

Ah, good old FE cutscene reinforcements. Always arriving just when the battle is over.

Munching Manaketes? I can create Fire Emblem themed, G-Rated expletives better than that.

Tangling Taguels! Leaping Laguz! Caterwauling Catria!

Also, you're really making me like Frost! He really fits the "kind old grandfather" archetype.

LghVj9q.png Very well! It's been a tiresome week, but I'm finally home. Isn't that great, Etzel? I'm finally going to be able to continue with our quest!

sNKm8cO.png Go on, hurry up. I've places to go.

LghVj9q.png Oh, really? Where?

sNKm8cO.png That is none of your bussiness.

LghVj9q.png Heh heh heh heeeh... I bet I know--

GlhBh58.jpg?1 !!!

sNKm8cO.png ...what? You look pale all of sudden.

GlhBh58.jpg?1 N...

wzKYPPj.png

GlhBh58.jpg?1 I... it's...

8ngVvd0.png

GlhBh58.jpg?1 ...nothing, nothing! It's all fine! I can do the update, it's totally not ruined at all!

sNKm8cO.png Really, now? Then what is the problem? Why aren't you on your way already?

GlhBh58.jpg?1 B-because, you're supposed to warp me!! To the past!

sNKm8cO.png Don't be silly, you know we already did that. All that is left is that you go to that tent over there so you can write up your report. You've already been at the past. It's time for the report.

ZyMLR0k.png Okay, mr. tutorials. Warp me over to the tent.

sNKm8cO.png Can't you walk there yourself? I'm already late.

LghVj9q.png Then by all means, be on your way!

LghVj9q.png ... :)

sNKm8cO.png ...what...? "Smileyface"? Is that some sort of arcane spell from your homeland? Be wary, if you try anything fishy, I will unleash the Starlight upon you.

LghVj9q.png ...just gooooo...

sNKm8cO.png ...I want that report tonight. Or else, you will face the might of the Starlight.

LghVj9q.png ...

GlhBh58.jpg?1WITH (ONE OF) MY LAST BREATH(s), I CURSE IMGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR!

Part 44 - Utter misery.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:44 PM, Dayni said:

I feel I'm being cynical when unlike you I don't get round to beating these maps.

Well, you don't have a fictional character trying to kill you, so there's that.

Alright, bravo that's a great line.

Hahahah, thank you!

Today, I got to see Frost die. That sucked.

It sucked indeed, but at least he's (LP canon)ically alive, unlike Hardin and Wolf.

But after that you finished this map where Minerva seemingly pretending "NOPE, s'not him" is convincing enough that Hardin rides another day, with another 3 resets and Rickard's chronicle next. JOY.

Yeah, but rest assured, Rickard's thing came to a happy conclusion, as you'll soon see.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:12 PM, Franp3 said:

You say that like it's the first time.

Well, it was the first time she let me down in a cutscene... or...

...yeah, right, I don't know what was going on in my mind at the time.

I bet you 500 imaginary dollars it won't.

Fuck you, it did! HAH!

If only the fucking dark emperor didn't decide to miss... but the pincer attack itself worked perfectly! HAW!

Glad to see you've still got some confidence in them.

Yeah... I was actually talking about the enemies, though...

I stand corrected. Good for him.

Heheh. You have been defeated. I am winner!

Ah, good old FE cutscene reinforcements. Always arriving just when the battle is over.

Or worse, arriving before the battle even starts, but having their asses handed to them, forcing us players to protect their underleveled, stat-screwed, suicidal selves for a reward.

Or worse even! The frelians at the river chapter in FE8, who all die in the cutscene itself, leaving Syrene alone to protect civilians. They didn't even live long enough to be walking event flags.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:32 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Munching Manaketes? I can create Fire Emblem themed, G-Rated expletives better than that.

Tangling Taguels! Leaping Laguz! Caterwauling Catria!

Blistering barnacles, those are great!

Also, you're really making me like Frost! He really fits the "kind old grandfather" archetype.

I have spread the love for the Frost. My work here is done. Except it isn't. But it will soon enough, once I've set up this perfectly functional update.

Spoiler

gXlvkhw.png

Let's go. This is the worst Chronicle, no contest, in terms of plot relevance, plot quality, gameplay quality... you get the point.

O5kPVxL.png

You know it's bad when even the title card is wrong. "Thieves of justice"? No, there's no justice in the world. Least of all here. And, rest assured, there's none at all to be found in Imgur.

3c614YS.pngGjZeatg.png

This is remarkable why...?

8PFxRZM.png

So, this chapter's plot is really strange... did Julian just lend Rickard his girlfriend?

Come now, Julian, I thought you were at least slightly smart. Rickard doesn't swing that way.

But hold on, this is before Lena was saved by Julian... does this mean...

Oh, shit, the one who originally kidnapped her was Rickard?! Was this ever mentioned in FE11?!?!?

dNoF50E.png

Anyway, Lena doesn't last one second before trouble comes to her. I mean, sure, she's hot, but not THAT hot... then again, she's not my type.

H6UL31d.png

Oh, God help us all, it's Navarre. I think you were better off with the other gentleman, Lena. He was more likeable.

You know, while we're at it, I should mention that I've started to play Vandal Hearts. No reason, I just felt like mentioning it. Damn good game, I recommend it to everybody.

Today, I had to take my train at 17:00. By the time I returned, it was rather late, so I didn't have that much time to play. I faced a dilemma: either play Vandal Hearts and have my healthy dose of bloody geysers, or play FE12 and get you guys at the forum your healthy dose of chances to laugh at me.

As you can see, I chose to please you guys. Aren't I the best host ever? Can't say the same about Imgur, though...

EesdnYd.png

Meanwhile, Rickard has found another ally for our dubious cause: fuckin' Castor dying over a flesh wound (although, considering it was Rickard who described it as "a slight wound"... the guy isn't exactly a doctor, or smart). Or, well, knowing him, he's probably just putting up some nice theatrics.

In any case, Rickard recruits him. This is just excellent, isn't it? Aren't you just hyped to see this chapter, the one with the worst con artist in the entire universe, the good-for-nothing dummy, the psychotic edgelord and the non-existent cleric?

pMWHit2.png

For some reason, crying and hugging Lena's waist in order to get her to nag Navarre makes Castor jump to the conclusion that Rickard's smooth talk is an amazing tool for emotional manipulation, and promptly takes notes. This, at least, explains why he's such a bad con artist. Especially when Navarre takes exactly 1 second to notice his real, deceitful intentions. No kidding. Just wait til I actually show you the real dialogue...

gWZBA64.png

Meanwhile, in the castle we're about to pillage dry, these two! They, too, come from the Chronicles. It's a shame, really. I like them both (despite Dice being a very one-note character), yet their origins are... uuuurrrkkk...

As you can see, they were just as awful at bargaining here  as they are in FE12. This is also a veeeeeeeeery subtle hint at their recruitment: steal 500 gold, then speak to Maris with Rickard. Sirius-level of subtlety, wouldn't you say?

VN5MEpC.png

Okay, time to fight. My strategy for this chapter is to try to figure out how the hell does one beat this chapter: the whole thing is a mess. Knights all over the place that make mincemeat of all the available units, Thieves who steal all your crap, and the objective is, for some stupid reason, to rout the enemy. This is bad because this is a really, really, REAAALLY HUGE map, and we have the worst possible team for such a situation. We don't have any Cavaliers to get to places faster, we don't have any Knights to tank their enemy counterparts, we don't have any Mages to kill them reliably and safely...

No. We just have a dead weight of a "Lord", a neigh useless Archer, a warpbot, and a Myrmidon. Sadly enough, Navarre is the only useful combatant you get at the beginning, and even he dies to 2 or 3 lance thrusts to the gut and can't do much in return without an armorslayer. He destroys Thieves just fine, though.

Maris and Dice? They're the same deal. Just good fighters with absolutely crappy durability.

Seriously, though, is there any good reason why we couldn't have gotten a Cavalier and a Knight? These two classes would've both been really useful. Even the Knight's poor movement wouldn't have been an issue, what with Lena having her signature warp staff.

And I can think of two characters who would've fit right into this chapter's... plot. Matthis and Roger. They're both comic relief characters, so they wouldn't clash with the overall stupid atmosphere. I can't remember if Matthis was already forced into the army at this point, but let's say he wasn't. He could just be hanging around with his sister to make sure Rickard didn't try anything fishy, but was too dense to notice the obvious. And Roger... Roger could just have come along to try his luck at Lena. Maybe make him begin as an enemy, and make it sort of like his recruitment in FE11 and 12, except Lena wouldn't actively be trying to seduce him. Or make him be the guy trying to woo her at the beginning (in a less horrid way, of course), and then sort of piss his pants when Navarre arrives and promise to make it up to her by protecting her.

There. Perfect plot justifications to add two characters that would've been incredibly helpful. But noooooooo. Gotta fuck the player over.

81mHCoJ.png

Anyway, Lena warps Navarre over to defend this chest from Vaam, the boss, who's a Thief who doubles Rickard. Why can't I be on his side instead?

1ERLdcV.png

In truth, I never do open the chest, but Vaam has a droppable armorslayer, which is basically the only way to beat the Knights.

VCaCiDv.png

There we go. Sadly, Navarre sustains some wounds: time to rescue him back to safety.

7AlhwWs.png

All healed up, I warp him north to kill people with the armorslayer.

GasdJqq.png

Meanwhile, Rickard gets this piece of junk. Might as well give it to Castor.

6boUY9U.png

And then Navarre dies because I overestimated him. I probably shouldn't have made him equip the armorslayer just yet.

X3DqiK3.png

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that more than I would have enjoyed winning the chapter.

Oh well, too bad. Let's call it a day or seven, shall we?

...huh. How rare. Etzel isn't here to force me to keep going... or to question the legitimacy of this update... or to just outright put me out of my misery.

I wonder... maybe he's in this room? I can hear weird sounds inside...

GlhBh58.jpg?1 !!!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Ah... I... cannot believe it...

GlhBh58.jpg?1NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(to be continued, if imgur cooperates next week)

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice
                       Matthis**
                       Yumina
                       Ymir
                        PRETZEL

*Retreated.

**Honorably discharged.

Edited by Rubenio

4 hours ago, Rubenio said:

No, there's no justice in the world.

There is, but it's an illusion.

And yes, that was a 3DS FE reference.

4 hours ago, Rubenio said:

I faced a dilemma: either play Vandal Hearts and have my healthy dose of bloody geysers, or play FE12 and get you guys at the forum your healthy dose of chances to laugh at me.

Next time you have that dillema again, go for the bloody geysers.

I've never actually played VH because ePSXe still refuses to work, but DAMN the blood geysers are satifying.

Also you should do updates like this more often. It's much less hassle to read.

Well, that was a thing. Image host being the worst I assume.

But this is Rickard's Chronicle, that might be too good for it. And it does its usual business. At least the other two had more ways to deal with things than pray.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I personally always found this bonus map to be one of the stranger ones.  You have less chances for bad RNG to kick in thanks to the fact that Navarre is just sort of a wrecking ball, but if you don't make the exact right moves on the first few opening turns, you can get screwed over real quick.

Dragoon is a nightmare, though.  I've only beaten it once, and I don't plan on ever doing it again.

Wait...LordHippoman? Wow, it's a honor to see you here!

Unfortunately, my contribution on this subject is limited. I have only ever played FE7, FE13, most of FE14, and about half of FEs 15 and 8. Oh, and I play Heroes a lot.

Yeah, I'm a total noob (to use common internet slang).

39 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Wait...LordHippoman? Wow, it's a honor to see you here!

Unfortunately, my contribution on this subject is limited. I have only ever played FE7, FE13, most of FE14, and about half of FEs 15 and 8. Oh, and I play Heroes a lot.

Oh, wow, thanks.  Happy to be here, FE12 is one of my favorite games and I love watching people play it.

TBH if you've played 7 Fire Emblems, I'd hardly call you a "noob".  That's about half the series!  Not knowing the detailed strategies for the Chronicles maps isn't something to be ashamed of, that's some ridiculously obscure stuff.  Especially this one.

The guy whose LP introduced me to this game is now watching me play this game. We've gone full circle, have we not?

Or, well, more like a... uh... sort of a half-circle...?

Either way, I am glad to see you of all people reading my LP. I should've given up on Pretzel being a Mage, just as you gave up on Steve...

Just a heads up to y'all, I haven't died. Last week I just sort of... forgot to upload my pictures to imgur. All's well this time though, so be prepared, for this saturday at the latest you will see the first normal update in ages.

Maybe two, even, I've enough material for it... although it does get quite redundant around the end. Make of that what you will. Stupid chronicles...

LAST TIME...

On 14/10/2017 at 12:52 AM, Rubenio said:

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Ah... I... cannot believe it...

GlhBh58.jpg?1NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 When did Athena learn to use magic?!

sGCa7Ez.png Ve vere taught by good friend Etzel. Now ve can hurt you from far.

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Etzel, why would you do such a thing? You still need me!

sNKm8cO.png Really? Well, then. Tell me. How fares your quest thus far? Have you finished that Thief's little story?

ZyMLR0k.png ...let's say, hypothetically speaking, that I have not. I mean, he's not relevant to this continent's history at all. Just how badly could leaving him behind to die impact life as we know it...?

sNKm8cO.png How am I supposed to know?

ZyMLR0k.png I see...

LghVj9q.png Well, I'm off. The past isn't going to right itself, right? Heh...

cyU1NmJ.pngHAH!

sGCa7Ez.png Stupid manchild stopped my lightning with his sword!

sNKm8cO.png You've much to learn. This is how you do it...

GlhBh58.jpg?1 Don't you DAREE!

Part 45 - I underestimated this chapter's plot.

On 14/10/2017 at 2:48 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

Oh man, the drawings are hilarious! If imgur had cooperated, then we wouldn't have seen these incredibly comical placeholders. (I like to stay positive)

Well, at least somebody enjoyed it.

Just kidding, I loved making those.

On 14/10/2017 at 5:15 AM, Franp3 said:

There is, but it's an illusion.

We should probably stop depressing ourselves with these edgy statements.

And yes, that was a 3DS FE reference.

Oh...

Stop it! You know I am still way back at the PSX!

Next time you have that dillema again, go for the bloody geysers.

I probably will, although as of late I've gotten all addicted to Tear Ring again and pushed VH aside. I will finish it, though. Mark my words!

I've never actually played VH because ePSXe still refuses to work, but DAMN the blood geysers are satifying.

Yeah, it's amazing. For how ugly it is, the game somehow manages to be quite good-looking.

Also you should do updates like this more often. It's much less hassle to read.

Oh, well then. I get it. I get the hint. The update is hereby over. You asshole.

Next time, I'll continue answering to replies.

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice
                       Matthis**
                       Yumina
                       Ymir
                        PRETZEL

*Retreated.

**Honorably discharged.

On 14/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, Dayni said:

Well, that was a thing. Image host being the worst I assume.

Yeah, the two pictures were there for you all to see that Imgur decided it didn't like the order in which my screencaps were arranged, and so decided to take action. By scrambling them at random.

But this is Rickard's Chronicle, that might be too good for it. And it does its usual business. At least the other two had more ways to deal with things than pray.

Personally, it's the extra chapter (counting in the 3 DLC chapters as well) that I dislike the most. The others are very puzzle-like, and have to be figured out. But for this one you need a friggin' guide! Otherwise, it's impossible!

On 25/10/2017 at 7:48 PM, Hippoman said:

You know, I personally always found this bonus map to be one of the stranger ones.

I go one step further and find it one of the crappiest ones.

You have less chances for bad RNG to kick in thanks to the fact that Navarre is just sort of a wrecking ball, but if you don't make the exact right moves on the first few opening turns, you can get screwed over real quick.

Wrecking ball? He's guaranteed to die to two lances, pretty much! Such an analogy only works if we assume this wrecking ball to consist entirely of mache paper! And then there's every other flaw the chapter has.
Dragoon is a nightmare, though.  I've only beaten it once, and I don't plan on ever doing it again.

Wait, dragoon? You sure that isn't a typo? I actually found it to be the most straightforward of the bonus chapters. Sure, I failed a few times, but it's only because Hardin actively screwed himself over.

I'd honestly take it any day over Rickard and what is to come.

On 25/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

*Games I've played, which are more than those I (as in, me, Rubenio, known as Saint Rubenio in most other places such as Steam because I can't figure out how to change this one to my actual, main name) have played*

I think I've got you beat when it comes to being a complete noob. I've only played the GBA games and 12. And, well, 11 up to chapter 8, 9 up to chapter 6 and 5 mins of each Jugdral game.

At least I'll be able to add Tear Ring to the list soon...

On 25/10/2017 at 9:50 PM, Hippoman said:

Oh, wow, thanks.  Happy to be here, FE12 is one of my favorite games and I love watching people play it.

Yeah, I, too, love watching people watch me playing FE12 because I am such a megalomaniac.

TBH if you've played 7 Fire Emblems, I'd hardly call you a "noob".  That's about half the series! 

Three hurrahs for KnightofNohr, the only decent person here.

Not knowing the detailed strategies for the Chronicles maps isn't something to be ashamed of, that's some ridiculously obscure stuff.  Especially this one.

The others, though, do not reach Gotoh's level of inconvenience, for the most part. This one even beats him: at least he does give us the macguffin to kill Hardin after we hike for his amusement. Rickard's little adventure has no relevance whatsoever to anything ever.

I really don't like this chapter.

Spoiler

pbySfia.png

Okay, let's try again...

ro7sSim.png

Uh...

RkW3VPM.png

f1ztrXx.png4I9xOWW.png

Yeah, I'm sorry, I just don't feel like emulating somebody else's movements in order to get a number that is the same everybody else who has beaten this chapter achieved because there is, quite literally, one very specific way to get through it.

Rh3hCvY.png

Therefore, we'll progress to the next one which is substantially more interesting, both plot wise and gameplay wise. Don't worry, Maris and Dice will get another chance to shine, and Castor already had it (and failed, somehow managing to turn such failure into a success). Navarre isn't likeable enough to deserve to be remember as anything more than "guy who died in his starting chapter, then died in his bonus chapter".

0D5Mn74.png

But enough of that. Let's read some plot. Hopefully, I'll think up an excuse for Etzel while we're at it... any ideas, readers?

rUfClKc.pngRZPVgPy.png9QgydQz.png

For more details, refer to update 42.

Y66CCz7.png

This is new, though.

wC39xkB.png

Look, it's Medeus before he turned into a laughable purple dragon! I always liked his appearance. It's quite similar to his fellow manaketes, which I find to be good (remember that, until FE12, he WAS just a powerful manakete, if I am not mistaken).

OBBaNfo.png

This guy, meanwhile, looks rather familiar. Indeed, he is the infamous Frost palette swap. They then referenced this fact by giving them the same exact face, except Bulzark's skin is darker, and he's wearing different clothes.

That's it. I suppose he's facing at a different direction than our favourite Bishop, too, but... really, it's not hard at all to notice that his beard and frown are perfectly similar.

c6FANKO.pngAuQlHO4.png

Easier said than done, Medeus. Once you see his stats, you'll understand.

0SCNLZg.png

Remember Minerva's soldiers who arrived five hours late? Well, Camus' soldiers arrive five hours early. You could learn from him, Minerva the Buffoon.

p4iQSbJ.png6Q0911u.png

You saw this coming, yet you didn't think of anything to do when the time came?

Well, I suppose this is the same guy who hid his identity behind a mask and a shitty nickname.

Cv3nnhK.png

Camus, however, is quite the quick-thinker, inmediately deciding the best course of action is to call a mentally unstable fool to discuss the next course of action.

eAnzklP.png

Elementary, my dear Nyna. Any more questions? No? Then I'll answer one that I'm fairly certain must've been in your mind for a while now: the sky is, indeed, blue.

ZyJ6arI.pngHwskJqu.png

Camus is secretely a predecessor to Sherlock Holmes. Hence, the seemingly random reference I made ten seconds ago. See? My writing can be quite intelligent.

Did you know that Kaga is a huge fan of Doyle's masterpieces? I can think of no other reason for him to call one of the protagonists of his first standalone game "Holmes", and then call a character from the sequel "Sherlock".

I'm sorry, as usual, I digress. Nyna, what do you think of Camus' revelation of Dohlr's latest activities?

wpjzW6Z.png

Of course, she reacts by throwing a tantrum at the one person with a semblance of meaningful power that's on her side.

QEdxxh3.pngaQ7wM6F.png

Camus is also very resourceful, knowing for a fact that the tyrant-in-the-making will most certainl help Nyna.

pfzDlZ8.png

See that second line? The one that reads "we haven't a moment to spare"? Keep it in mind.

ZAWrmlW.pngw9E872i.png

I like to believe Nyna is moving while asking Camus this. The thought of her just calmly questioning Camus while he urges her to hurry up is depressing, to say the least.

6N0DjWi.png

Camus, sorry to ruin your melodramaticism, but... you never do pay for your mistakes. Heck, after all is said and done, you end up in a better situation than ever, away from Archanea's politic trifles and with a beautiful woman as your wife.

KTTkGzw.png

Even more stupidity. Nyna, can you please stop arguing with Camus? Or, at least, move to a different location so I can keep on believing you aren't just standing on that corridor?

G0XsO43.pngDcIef2p.png

I mean, one thing is not fearing Dolhr or Medeus, another thing is to be so pasive that you think standing here and arguing with Archanea's most stubborn wench for five hours is a great thing to do.

I apologize for the redundancy, but... move it already!

Gvgpm40.pngyUQ2D0D.pnghlXyl8C.png

No, they won't. Camus has an ultra-spear and amazing stats. Therefore, stop worrying and move your keister.

fuCiHpZ.png

It is at this point that the conversation derails somewhat. Grust killing you means Nyna has your life? I understand where you're coming from, but...

Yeah, you got me, I'm just randomly nitpicking because I can't think of anything. What, you'd rather have me saying "move your ass, Camus and Nyna" for the billionth time?

0rUjxHY.png

You know, I'm not surprised Nyna disappeared after FE12. This girl was not meant to be a leader. Jeez.

bRoMIvF.png

Fortunately for our lobus frontalis, this filled Camus' "verbal showdown" bar. Brace for impact, foolish Nyna!

bL70F00.pngBKNjXpG.pngwrFjqYC.png

Never mind, it's just exposition.

mWWhAtg.png7E39a4s.png

And such imbecility.

Once again, remember that this is happening when, supposedly, you didn't have any time to waste.

ClmtkuB.pngjGquvi7.png

How does the first piece of dialogue flow into the next, exactly? Did I skip something when I recorded this?

G0zCybF.pngFw8foP5.png

But you know what? It's fine, because it's Camus breaking somebody's feelings.

QYfJMAT.png

Oh... well, she took the hit surprisingly well.

I'm disappointed. I am also fearful of what she's about to say.

I've read through it once, and I'm still fearful. Brace for impact, guys. This is one of the worst dialogues in the game, in my opinion.

qrIMd08.png

Let's comment these screencaps one by one. Only then will we be able to properly marvel at the sheer idiocy.

aHVs5Sl.png

So... jarring...

vmrs3mW.png

Of course! It's a fictional love story! IT HAS TO BE IRRATIONAL! EVEN BACK WHEN ALL SHE KNEW ABOUT HIM WAS THAT HE WAS A SWORN ENEMY WHO MURDERED HER GUARDIAN'S PARENTS, SHE ALREADY LOVED HIM!

A-A-AND, YOU KNOW WHAT?! WHILE WE WASTE TIME WITH USELESS GAB, THE DOHLRIANS KEEP ON APPROACHING!

2LDKVZF.png

THE CLICHES! THIS IS FAR TOO MUCH! I HAVE TO STOP IT!

O9DzsCK.png

osuvuPB.png

Meanwhile, in Archanea...

Ww5wbHv.png?1 U-Urk! Gah...

RAHUMu5.png?1 You there! Keep it down!

Ww5wbHv.png?1 I... I beg of you...

RAHUMu5.png?1 Shut up or I'll execute you on the spot!

Ww5wbHv.png?1 ...matter of fact is, I was about to ask you to do exactly that...

RAHUMu5.png?1 ...wha...?

Ww5wbHv.png?1 I can feel it... somewhere, Nyna is speaking to Camus.

Ww5wbHv.png?1 It is unbearable... put me out of my misery!

RAHUMu5.png?1...

EOYCOur.png

Yes! Save me, Camus! My grey matter is more of a damisel in distress right now than that insufferable ectoplasm compound ever will be!

imfngZ7.png

The magnificently jacketed knights! Things are looking up already.

bbgWb7K.png

Stay forgettable, my man. That's what I like about you.

CNd8nCo.png

No! Don't talk to her! She might feel like delivering another romantic speech!

PQbyoLc.png

Thankfully, Leiden saves us from such a fate by offering his and his companions' aid to their general.

Just as in the main game, Leiden is the most awesome of the Sabre Knights.

Yg0k70p.png

Man, would you imagine how hilarious it would be if they joined with their main game stats? We'd get a Paladin with all capped stats!

...in retrospect, we'd also get a corpse, which would be depressing, so...

Eh. Affordable losses. Sorry, Robert!

BIQUHap.png9t9ShJH.png

Sadly, Camus has a point. It seems the Sabre Knights will not be joining us today.

LI7zz0M.png

Why do we care for the second worst Mage in Archanea, though? We could be real progressive and have the first queen in Archanea. But noooooo.

LcUusgD.png

Oh, of course, that's also a thing that might happen.

WdGJJjH.png

Oh, if it isn't "Swordmaster I lost due to Swordmaster's puny defenses #2".

QvpkmqN.png

I don't get why you need to specify that your motherland is Grust, considering that's where everybody in this corridor but Nyna hails from, but sure, thanks for the clarification, Robbie.

R8ftmxM.pnglseQD5A.png

I've no qualms with this part of the scene. Probably thanks to Nyna not being involved.

hNXOW60.png

Yeah! I'm sure nobody will notice General Camus and Princess Nyna just suddenly vanishing.

t7rnoqS.png

Pfffhahahah. I wasn't expecting them to notice THIS quickly.

MyIUt57.pngt7rnoqS.png

MyIUt57.pngt7rnoqS.png

MyIUt57.pngjbIUjve.png

MyIUt57.pngjbIUjve.png

Ittyyk7.pngzusK0pK.png

MyIUt57.png

Okay, okay, it's over.

You know that time you said you didn't have "a moment to spare"? Eh, Camus? Do you remember that? Because I do.

jQ6XCh8.png

Oh, no, not this again...

HHPVGZz.png

And she was surprised Camus ditched her. Their entire relationship revolves around Camus trying to accomplish things and Nyna doing her best to inconvenience him.

mUOneq6.png

Yeah, and I would like to be a millionaire so I wouldn't have to waste my time with college, therefore having more time to do Let's Plays or actually trying to expand my knowledge properly. We all want things we can't have. The fact that you are a princess doesn't make your petition any less irresponsible.

ttlVDNQ.pngy0b17my.png9QHZVMI.pngEciix7j.png

Tutorial.

QrSucdf.pngXStCGtj.png

...tutorial again...

WovvVJn.pngJINjR8t.png

Woohoo! At last!

kM7bmJa.png

Here's our objective, the northern fortress Camus was refering to.

t6JzVnf.pngfGPQrav.png

Getting there won't be easy, though. An army of Brigands and Hunters, as well as a bunch of Thieves carrying valuable statboosters and loot, are in our way. The first few turns consist of running away from Bulzark's forces while trying to kill as many Thieves as possible.

x1nZguX.png

The man himself is going to take a long, long time to reach us. He's the only unit of those stranded in the corner of the map that isn't a rider, and he won't start moving right away, so he's really not much to be worried about.

ChGKHSO.pngEbDZPms.pngdoD9Y5N.pngjyLScto.png

Here's our crew.

Nyna is, once again, dead weight, but this time we don't have Boah to be a straight upgrade to her. There aren't any physic staves available, and getting into the range of anything will kill her, so she's really tricky to use.

Camus is amazing, and you might think he'd turn this chapter into cake walk, until you actually play it and realise that Camus has one, very specific role: to take on Bulzark's troops. You see, Bulzark's men are very strong, certainly much so than the Brigands, and while the Sabre Knights can hold their ground against the latter, the former make mincemeat out of them. He can also help kill the Thieves, but don't get too carried away: you do not want the Paladins to reach Nyna.

Robert is pretty good. If you give him a speedwing (one of the thieves has one), he'll gain the ability to double every bandit, as the most they can reach is 11 speed for the Hunters. However, he's fragile, so be careful.

Leiden, like Robert, will double the enemy if you give him the speedwing. He's tankier than Robert, and overall, I feel like he's the best of the Sabre Knights in this chapter as well.

Belf, whom I forgot to screencap, is basically Leiden but with two less speed. It doesn't matter that he has better strength, HP and defense: with 11 speed and a bad growth, he'll never double anybody. He's mostly just there to take hits while his companions kill things. But he can't do that too well, either.

SIFjQVL.png?1

First turn: moving away from Bulzark and company. We'll be doing this for a few turns.

gfwiz61.png

More dialogue. Apparently Leiden and co. are the very best of the best. It's the jackets. They're the official Sabre Order Elite jackets.

TLd8SQB.png

I like how this is the afterthought to Camus having three mediocre guys with him. Your troops walk all over those three! Camus is the one you should be worried about.

7pNw0Ok.pngVfcG1cq.png

By capture, he means ruthlessly murdering her, thus ruining Medeus' plan to subjugate Archanea by using her as a hostage.

mtjY2Cb.pngxqUoKE2.pngvqpINOF.png

The Thieves begin to get away. There's a village, but I only noticed it the first time it was destroyed. Yeah.

gNhwuUc.png

Also, rest assured, these guys are moving.

TeDWPYQ.pngPdt559l.png

Say your prayers, Thieves! The end is neigh!

iPpETmp.png

Now Nyna can heal 20 HP. I'm not even kidding. She's that bad.

tPXBFeQ.pngAAXhfUC.png

The speedwings that double Leiden and Robert's attack power. It's important to get these.

3ENIfDV.pngeE8SAB6.png

This is going well so far. Two crits in a row mean more Thieves have bitten the dust. We've also gotten another ridersbane, which... really isn't that great. It's not a very good idea to let the Sabre Knights attack the Dohlrians.

Ma6z24t.png

These heathens have gotten away, but not for long! Soon, they shall join their partners.

vATldPR.png

There! The angelic robe is cool. I like to give it to Camus. Before long, he'll be needing the extra durability.

twFzykL.png

More dialogue ensues.

PZjlyvx.pnghuBoDRp.pngru7g6fe.png

Yeah, I'm sure gold will motivate people to take on the Gradivus.

5q1XGYY.png

From now on, all the way to the end, these four will be spawning every turn. Also, Bulzark has begun to move, but it'll be a long time 'til he catches up to anybody.

j5hCGvj.png

Before continuing, how about we waste some more precious time by talking?

9VWs38m.png

As always, the talk starts by X asking Y if they are "alright".

6hNIcQc.pngPTsdaEP.png

It's just a bland rehash of what was said in the opening.

0znxUag.pngHQc6xPg.png

Nah, just at the end of the chapter in FE11 in Gaiden in FE12 never. You just never die.

crUYjQk.pngkvxkzq5.png

In any case, we've reached the bandits. Time to wreck havoc, Jacketed knights!

yvLciEc.pngv29Umtx.png

I'll be handing Robert the speedwings. The ability to kill people at range is quite valuable here, and Leiden shouldn't have much trouble to get enough speed to double the Hunters at close range.

vLqS5ut.png

As you can see, the crits are winning the chapter so I don't have to. Thanks! If this keeps up, I should be able to beat this chapter easily.

pLzsyu8.pngLybCaOP.png

At this point, I was thinking of giving Nyna the angelic robe. It was my first try, okay?

q8QvxPR.png

Of course. 'Twas not to last.

vb1gCC3.png

Yeah... I really started screw up catastrophically at this point.

FS09Rf9.png

But it seems heaven mistook me for Marth when Frey died and said "luck be with you, sire", because, well, luck is with me. Sire.

62SBvhY.png

I think I know what the problem is. It's not luck or anything like that. Belf is just awful, whereas Robert and especially Leiden are great.

2Q6aVxO.pngjfeobhT.pngcGoJ4YO.png

See? Leiden's great. He dodged the first swing, saving himself.

O7YhhQP.png

...not to underrate Leiden's accomplishment, but... I doubt we can save the situation. Good grief. This is what I was refering to in Camus' character review. You really can't have him stick around with the team very long. It'd cost you dearly, just as it's costing me dearly right now.

yplTVUS.png

Robert just keeps on critting, though. Unnecessarily so, and after taking an arrow to the stomach, but I guess you just can't have it all. Arrow flips!

7fzhpSl.png

Camus, try to hold the Paladins back!

TfgkerG.png

Leiden, put on a robe in order to assist your leader!

uzPrWJ3.png

Nyna, heal Leiden!

RgTHMEK.png

Uh... try to dodge?

6rDrjFK.png

Of course. I'd forgotten this obsessed... mamluke has 8 speed and no luck.

pXIlqWk.png

I'll admit, I shouldn't have enjoyed making this edit, but I did. What can I say, I like turning perfectly fine-looking lasses into bloody corpses.

If somebody ever makes a sequel to Waxworks, I'll offer them my artistic skills, count on it.

OjoFjaM.png

Well. I'm halfway through my footage, and this update is long enough already, soooooooo next time, we'll beat the chapter. Until then, you better fare well, or else I'll be really angry.

Reset count: 19 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 4 - Chronicles: 8) Stupid chronicles already beat stupid Pretzel... but, at least, no single chonicle has beaten him. Yet...

Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice
                       Matthis**
                       Yumina
                       Ymir
                        PRETZEL

*Retreated.

**Honorably discharged.

10 hours ago, Rubenio said:

Their entire relationship revolves around Camus trying to accomplish things and Nyna doing her best to inconvenience him.

Yep, of course it does. See this kind of thing is why people like Tatiana, especially with SoV.

10 hours ago, Rubenio said:

TLd8SQB.png

I like how this is the afterthought to Camus having three mediocre guys with him. Your troops walk all over those three! Camus is the one you should be worried about.

It must be the jackets.

Also, why didn't you give Camus the ridersbane if he'll be the one taking on the cavalry anyway? Weight's not an issue and unless you're certain that'd be suicide, it's another weapon that'll make the map easier for everyone else as the first wave would die faster. (I don't have stats in front of me to say it'd be suicide to be fair)

Also, the best excuse for telling Etzel to not bother with Rickard's chronicle is that you remove a princess from Gharnef's grasp for Mystery. However as I like Lena, I'd rather drop that excuse immediately.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:30 PM, Rubenio said:

Wait, dragoon? You sure that isn't a typo? I actually found it to be the most straightforward of the bonus chapters. Sure, I failed a few times, but it's only because Hardin actively screwed himself over.

Yeah, Dragoon actually did give me the most trouble.  That southeastern corner with the bridge pretty much always ruined me until Hardin got the exactly correct amount of crits/misses to not get killed over there.  There may be a better way to handle that bit I haven't personally experimented with.

Also Thieves has the best pre-map dialogue so I can't hate it, really.

16 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, why didn't you give Camus the ridersbane if he'll be the one taking on the cavalry anyway? Weight's not an issue and unless you're certain that'd be suicide, it's another weapon that'll make the map easier for everyone else as the first wave would die faster. (I don't have stats in front of me to say it'd be suicide to be fair)

I can't speak for Rubenio, but when I played this map, I actually found it sort of important to not take full advantage of how much Camus can wreck the enemy, because they're pursuing so quickly he'll pretty much always end up being a chokepoint.  If you let him kill people too fast, more and more flood into the spot, and eventually it's a death by a thousand cuts.  If you keep it to only one or two attacks per turn, it's smooth sailing thanks to the heal on Gradivus.  There's probably another way to handle it, though.

On 28/10/2017 at 8:30 PM, Rubenio said:

really, it's not hard at all to notice that his beard and frown are perfectly similar

The devs probably thought nobody would notice because they wouldn't even remember who Frost was.

...This sort of comment is getting really old, isn't it?

Camus, however, is quite the quick-thinker, inmediately deciding the best course of action is to call a mentally unstable fool to discuss the next course of action.

Can't you see he is IN LOOOOOOOVE?

Once again, remember that this is happening when, supposedly, you didn't have any time to waste.

Quote my friend when he played FE8 for the first time:

"Those children are about to be eaten by a giant spider and they WON'T. STOP. TALKING."

O9DzsCK.png

If you listen closely, you can hear Ruben's faith in the game's writing shattering to pieces.

And if you don't, you'll hear him screaming in pain.

Before continuing, how about we waste some more precious time by talking?

No.

Of course. I'd forgotten this obsessed... mamluke has 8 speed and no luck.

:Quickly googles "captain haddock insults":

Antediluvian! Desoxirribonucleicacid! Megalomaniac! MRKRPXZKRMTFFRZ!