Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

4 hours ago, Lushen said:

I don't know that Ike being in the silhouette means he will be a Hero Fest unit.  Keep in mind he also appeared on the main menu long before he arrived.  It could just be background art.  

HOWEVER, I think he will be because they already had a lighter background art and they purposefully switched to the new one for seemingly no reason which had the silhouettes.

I'm skeptical about Genny.  Hasn't she already been featured like 3 times? And she's not THAT great..

Genny's strong point is to be feed to other healers tho. Feed her to normal Elise and put her in Horse Emblem team. Wrathful Staff Elise could give Leo a run for his money for the damage output-even if both in horse emblem team, provided Leo;s tome isn't red blade. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a difficult choice...

I'll probably go with one of the Nohrian sibblings, but I'm not sure who. I like all of them and they all have reasons to make me join them.

Leo, because he deserves to finally win one on his third try, Elise because she was the first hero who's team I joined at the start who actually won, and Xander has the best summer version. Choices, choices...

Anyone have any convincing arguments for me?

3 hours ago, Oboro! said:

As long as you don't deny you're a hypocrite

I don't have Horse emblem, but I could make an OK team.... it's just that the units I have already do me enough good so it would just be for keks/luxury

If your units are already doing good enough, isn't evrything you build for luxury anyway?

It's been a while SF but another Gauntlet another uh...post?

Darn...it's a really hard choice this time around (picking between Corrin, Xander, Leo and Robin...) 

I'm going with Xander though, as this might be the only gauntlet he will ever get to participate in, unless we get a GHB (doubtful) or Spring Gauntlet (next year at earliest), but I'm not counting on either. Plus, he is my favorite male character in Fates so...Team Xander it is.

If he falls to Leo I'll hop over to Corrin's side (I know, I'm probably in the minority on actually liking Corrin).

It feels a bit weird though since there's a chance I might face Leo twice if I do, since I'm wagering on Leo winning his bracket, and Corrin winning over Robin (that is a statment I never thought I'd write truth be told). In my defense I supported Leo twice so I hope I can be forgiven...right? :S

Edited by Tactician_Iris
I can't format

I... WHY??? How am I supposed to pick a fave for this gauntlet???? ... ;^;

Xander cause it's Xander with a Lilith Floatie. Freddy captures that refreshing summer vibe best. THEN THERE'S LEO... *dead*

Send help please.

Anyone but Robin. Cannot let Summer Robin with the hideous travesty that is her moeblob face win.

I'll probably be supporting Tiki, though I do not have any of the summer units and don't plan to roll.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

If your units are already doing good enough, isn't evrything you build for luxury anyway?

Would you rather see a team of horses which everyone has, or would you rather see a Redblade Lilina with Wings of Mercy?

I'd say Lilina, cause you don't see one of those everyday. Next up is speed demon Athena heh 

3 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Would you rather see a team of horses which everyone has, or would you rather see a Redblade Lilina with Wings of Mercy?

I'd say Lilina, cause you don't see one of those everyday. Next up is speed demon Athena heh 

So instead of picking the most popular type of team (horse emblem), you go with the second most popular type of team (one based around blade tome users)...

I like Lilina though, so I'm not complaining.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

So instead of picking the most popular type of team (horse emblem), you go with the second most popular type of team (one based around blade tome users)...

LOL Who said I was going with the second most popular type of team? I made Redblade Lilina because I thought it'd be cool, and that's really it. After her, I finally promoted Anna, next is Sharena, and then I'm making Athena (though Brave Lance Effie could take that slot)

I'm just building my unit pool. Nino already wins so I figured it'd be fun to make some cool sets for random people in my roster with good bane and boon. My Oboro actually did very well in Berkut's map 

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

And that's why I've got Brave Lance pegasi and the funky murderchicken.

7 hours ago, Oboro! said:

But you said I could choose this one....

Why can't I be with you from the start for once...

It will depend on the match ups. If Leo is going to get stomped immediately then I want to support him while I can. I mean last time you were able to go Lissa then Elise... we just really are cursed with this. 

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

LOL Who said I was going with the second most popular type of team? I made Redblade Lilina because I thought it'd be cool, and that's really it. After her, I finally promoted Anna, next is Sharena, and then I'm making Athena (though Brave Lance Effie could take that slot)

I'm just building my unit pool. Nino already wins so I figured it'd be fun to make some cool sets for random people in my roster with good bane and boon. My Oboro actually did very well in Berkut's map 

Well, there's nothing wrong with using Lilina. It's even somewhat original. But if you're saying something like "evryone has horse emblem teams, so I'll build a -Blade tome user instead" it feels somewhat odd, since most people have a blade tome user as well. I mean, sure you use Lilina instead of someone like Tharja, but you could also use units like Abel or Peri on a horse emblem team instead of Ursula or Reinhardt.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with building up units you like, and why not give them overpowered sets? No need to force yourself to be original. (I'm not saying you're not original at all, your 5* Oboro proves you are. I'm just saying that this particular choice for Lilina is not as original as you might think). 

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well, there's nothing wrong with using Lilina. It's even somewhat original. But if you're saying something like "evryone has horse emblem teams, so I'll build a -Blade tome user instead" it feels somewhat odd, since most people have a blade tome user as well. I mean, sure you use Lilina instead of someone like Tharja, but you could also use units like Abel or Peri on a horse emblem team instead of Ursula or Reinhardt.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with building up units you like, and why not give them overpowered sets? No need to force yourself to be original. (I'm not saying you're not original at all, your 5* Oboro proves you are. I'm just saying that this particular choice for Lilina is not as original as you might think). 

Well, they're not even alone in building a Lilina that way. I've got one, too (even if I eventually stole some ideas). She actually helped me beat the Paralogue quests.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, they're not even alone in building a Lilina that way. I've got one, too (even if I eventually stole some ideas). She actually helped me beat the Paralogue quests.

I said "somewhat original" instead of "very original" for a reason.

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I never said it was original.... I'm saying you don't see them every day.....

I'm also not saying "evryone has horse emblem teams, so I'll build a -Blade tome user instead" because I just said, I'm trying to build my unit pool.... I didn't have a Red tome user worth salt because my Tharja was -Spd and my Lilina was +Atk hence why:

33 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Nino already wins so I figured it'd be fun to make some cool sets for random people in my roster with good bane and boon.

Did you think by "cool" I meant "original"?

If I were trying to be original I would have given Lilina Fortress defense

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

I never said it was original.... I'm saying you don't see them every day.....

I'm also not saying "evryone has horse emblem teams, so I'll build a -Blade tome user instead" because I just said, I'm trying to build my unit pool.... I didn't have a Red tome user worth salt because my Tharja was -Spd and my Lilina was +Atk hence why:

Did you think by "cool" I meant "original"?

If I were trying to be original I would have given Lilina Fortress defense

Yeah, I'm thinking I missunderstood what you said a bit. Because of your comparrison between building Lilina or Horse emblem, I though you were implying your Lilina build (or just using her) was original. My bad then.

4 hours ago, Symphonica said:

Looks like it'll be between Frederick, Gaius and Leo for me as those are the ones I have. As for who, not too sure yet

Go Freddy! He probably needs the help the most! xP

Will anyone help me back Freddy? I'm not getting my hopes up of him winning, but I'd love to get as many people as I can to join him!

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Hm, not a bad idea...... :Kappa:

I have a 5 star Lukas....

SHOULD I DO IT!?!?!?

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

My bad then.

Don't worry about it :PPPPPPP

You should join team Elise so you can use this extremely original Lilina we've been talking about ;)

@Korath88 YOU WERE ON TEAM EPHRAIM WITH ME FROM THE START

JOIN ME IN TEAM ELISE!

Edited by Oboro!

Team Leo, since he's tied with Elise for my favorite of these and I got him this morning.  

Unfortunately, I imagine he'll lose to boobs, but I will just pray the finals isn't Robin vs Corrin.  I really hope it's not Robin vs Corrin.  I don't wanna have to choose between two characters I hate again...

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Go Freddy! He probably needs the help the most! xP

Will anyone help me back Freddy? I'm not getting my hopes up of him winning, but I'd love to get as many people as I can to join him!

Well, I've got no stakes. No bonus characters, though, so I'm not sure how good of a ranking I can manage.

think Frederick is a good choice for rankings. He might even beat Gaius and net me some feathers.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, I've got no stakes. No bonus characters, though, so I'm not sure how good of a ranking I can manage.

think Frederick is a good choice for rankings. He might even beat Gaius and net me some feathers.

I don't see him getting far at all, sadly. I'm just trying to net some supporters for him and have fun backing him while I can. xP

I just hope the final round is something like Robin and Elise and not, say, Tiki and Xander. I hate Xander and I highly dislike adult Tiki too.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see him getting far at all, sadly. I'm just trying to net some supporters for him and have fun backing him while I can. xP

I just hope the final round is something like Robin and Elise and not, say, Tiki and Xander. I hate Xander and I highly dislike adult Tiki too.

Supporting such characters gets me feathers, which without any bearing on who these characters even are, is my one incentive. Frederick strikes me as a very Lachesis pick, to compare to the last gauntlet.

I... have no idea who I want in the final Gauntlet. Or whether I want to be on the winning side. (I have supported the loser every time so far, and I'm not sure if I want to change this or continue it).