Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Just now, Bartozio said:

Top 20 males, should have been more specific. And even if the poll is flawed, it still says something.

I don't recall that either. Frederick having a bigger team in this gauntlet also says something. But I suppose we won't ever know for sure, so yeah.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't recall ever seeing Gaius in the top 20 for that. And that poll was flawed anyway.

I'm not saying my earlier statement is 100% correct, I just feel like it's fairly likely to be.

Ftr, Gaius placed 15th on the male poll and 27th overall:
https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1

Honestly I'm not sure giving Gaius the multiplier was a good or bad thing. He's really close to getting it. I'm probably going to stop playing just because I don't want to give him the chance.

Switched to Klein for anyone on Team Leo and my friends list to finish up the Colorless quest to get those extra flags, luckily it was during the multiplier. Hopefully people put those flags to good use. :P:

3 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

One of the people in top 1K had that

Woot, you're doing us a great service, and congrats!

Jesus, whale located, lol.

I mean I've gone back and forth wondering if I should train up Faye. Idk if worth, or what I'd build on her. Brave Bow is tempting because she's molasses slow anyway, lol.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Japan is a smaller fanbase than the US or Europe.

Pretty sure this isn't true, for both the US and Japan. I mean, FE was big in Japan ages before FE7 even hit US shores. Sure, U.S. has a higher population than Japan, and Awakening brought in a ton of fans for our side, but I'm pretty sure that FE still has more Japanese fans than U.S. fans.

Edited by Extrasolar

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Glad to hear my Camus is serving you well! We'll need all the points we can get.

Honestly though, I haven't seen your Nino even once. Do you think she got lost?

edit: Urgh, It seems we didn't give Gaius the multiplier, but he's still quite close to getting it. I think this is looking pretty bad for us...

Honestly, I'm not even sure anyone around here has gotten my Nino at all. If some have, then I haven't heard about it.

If Leo loses, I'm so tempted to recklessly spend 20k feathers to 5* Saizo for a lead, and change my username to "iHateCandy". Please win Team Leo... I'm sorry for not coming home sooner :<

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Pretty sure this isn't true, for both the US and Japan. I mean, FE was big in Japan ages before FE7 even hit US shores. Sure, U.S. has a higher population than Japan, and Awakening brought in a ton of fans for our side, but I'm pretty sure that FE still has more Japanese fans than U.S. fans.

And I'm pretty sure the US and Europe combined have a MUCH bigger population than Japan. This is what I meant.

Look, if Gaius is SO much more popular than Frederick, why did Frederick have a bigger team? Sure, some people might've had Summer Freddy and not Gaius, but if I liked one more than the other, I'd be joining the one I like more. I'd think plenty other people have that mindset too.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, I'm not even sure anyone around here has gotten my Nino at all. If some have, then I haven't heard about it.

I actually got your Nino several times, especially in the first round. She really helped a lot! I also kind of need her to show up really soon too. The only quest I'm missing is the green ally one and I just need one more.

Also hopefully my Cecilia has been of use to anyone who may have received her.

2 minutes ago, ruruo said:

If Leo loses, I'm so tempted to recklessly spend 20k feathers to 5* Saizo for a lead, and change my username to "iHateCandy". Please win Team Leo... I'm sorry for not coming home sooner :<

I miss you so much :(

Why can't you be with me?

Just now, Anacybele said:

And I'm pretty sure the US and Europe combined have a MUCH bigger population than Japan. This is what I meant.

Just population doesn't equal higher percentage of fans, though. Yeah, we've got a higher population, but I'm pretty sure we don't have more fans is what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Just population doesn't equal higher percentage of fans, though. Yeah, we've got a higher population, but I'm pretty sure we don't have more fans is what I'm saying.

That's probably true, but when you combine both the US and Europe's fans, that probably numbers more than Japan's.

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I'M IN TOP 1K ON TEAM LEO

552.9K POINTS FOOLS

Good job! I also managed to make it into the top 1K, although my score is a bit lower at 469.7K

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Are you sure you're on the right team?

I actually have yet to see any Nino friend supports at all, I'm mostly getting Rezzy's Bride Cordelia, Robert of Normandy's Minerva, and Masked Ampharos's Ryouma.

I know I have both @Oboro! and @Tybrosion on my friends list too.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Good job! I also managed to make it into the top 1K, although my score is a bit lower at 469.7K

BOOYAH!

#RAKINGINTHOSEFLAGSFEATHERS

Let's see if Gaius gets the multiplier again though... I have A TON of flags to go hee hee~

Holy shit, Leo severely under-performed during that last multiplier, only scoring about the same amount that Gaius did. Now they're teetering less than 1% away from giving Gaius another multiplier, though whose favor that falls into depends on how strong each team rallies during those multipliers. If Leo continues to under-perform, he'll actually win, oddly enough, but if Gaius somehow fails give Leo a multiplier after a Gaius multiplier, Gaius has the round in the bag.

On the less dramatic side, Corrin just recorded her lowest hourly point acquisition yet this round at only 147 million points. The cruise control is real.

This round man...  this is killing my sleep schedule...

So should we chill? can team leo chill enough that gaius do not get that multiplier at the very end? or should we actually burn flags to trigger the multiplier early? but that can also lead to two options - either history repeats and gaius do not get a second bonus meaning team leo wins or gaius actually gets a second bonus right after and secure a win instead.

my god this gauntlet round... i just want leo to win in semis. there is absolutely no way gaius/leo can even win the female side anyways lol

7 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I'M IN TOP 1K ON TEAM LEO552.9K POINTS FOOLS

Woo club 1K is a funny place - I'm apparently at rank 855 with 579,760 on Team Corrin. Highest rank I've had on a team that size if my memory serves me right.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Look, if Gaius is SO much more popular than Frederick, why did Frederick have a bigger team? Sure, some people might've had Summer Freddy and not Gaius, but if I liked one more than the other, I'd be joining the one I like more. I'd think plenty other people have that mindset too.

The same people who voted for Gaius also coincided with votes for another character in this Gauntlet, or a lot of the voters are living in a country where FEH is unavailable?
Alternatively, they might value easier in-game rewards (by joining what hey thought was a smaller team thus easier rank) higher than supporting a fav? Who knows?

5 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

So should we chill? can team leo chill enough that gaius do not get that multiplier at the very end?

Yeah, this is probably the best option. I'm not spending any flags unless we get behind enough to get a multiplier toward the end of the round. We want Team Gaius to just barely behind us so they don't pull a multiplier comeback in the end.

5 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

This round man...  this is killing my sleep schedule...

So should we chill? can team leo chill enough that gaius do not get that multiplier at the very end? or should we actually burn flags to trigger the multiplier early? but that can also lead to two options - either history repeats and gaius do not get a second bonus meaning team leo wins or gaius actually gets a second bonus right after and secure a win instead.

my god this gauntlet round... i just want leo to win in semis. there is absolutely no way gaius/leo can even win the female side anyways lol

If we trigger Gaius' bonus, we have to pray that they'll go far enough to give Leo the bonus. If they don't? Welllll, we're going to have to spam all our flags fast.

Really, it's best we just hold off entirely for the time being IMO. Giving Gaius' the bonus feels too risky.

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, this is probably the best option. I'm not spending any flags unless we get behind enough to get a multiplier toward the end of the round. We want Team Gaius to just barely behind us so they don't pull a multiplier comeback in the end.

hm this might be the safest measure right now. According to the statistics from last night, the points gained per hour increased after around this time. leo underperforming in that bonus was unexpected. there is no way its gonna happen twice at this rate. gods im gonna pick a god and pray.

6 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I actually got your Nino several times, especially in the first round. She really helped a lot! I also kind of need her to show up really soon too. The only quest I'm missing is the green ally one and I just need one more.

Also hopefully my Cecilia has been of use to anyone who may have received her.

Well, good to hear she has been of help to at least someone. I believe I got your Xander once when he was your lead but I haven't seen your Cecilia up to this point.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Are you sure you're on the right team?

Shit, how did you know I was Team Corrin the entire team? I love her art man, don't judge me!

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I actually have yet to see any Nino friend supports at all, I'm mostly getting Rezzy's Bride Cordelia, Robert of Normandy's Minerva, and Amphy's Ryouma.

I know I have both @Oboro! and @Tybrosion on my friends list too.

Sadly, I haven't seen your Klein (or Cecilia when she was initially your lead) either. I've also been seeing Rezzy's Bridelia quite a bit along with, at least for this round, Bartozio's Camus. I got Rafiel's Aria's Cordelia a good portion of the time last round but I don't think she has turned up at all for this round.

Honestly, I think team Leo should chill at this point. Gaius is close to another multiplier and I'm sure that if they get it they will trigger another for us. But only if we don't go overboard right now, otherwise we won't be far enough behind to get another. And if they don't get a multiplier again somehow, then we can coast for now and rally in the last hour to keep our lead.

4 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

If we trigger Gaius' bonus, we have to pray that they'll go far enough to give Leo the bonus. If they don't? Welllll, we're going to have to spam all our flags fast.

Really, it's best we just hold off entirely for the time being IMO. Giving Gaius' the bonus feels too risky.

damn you're right. i assumed one would follow after gaius's bonus hour. this reminds me of the days during chrom v ephraim. only this time i dont rly want to sleep just to keep tracking of everything. but then i need to play the splatfest after this AAAH

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, good to hear she has been of help to at least someone. I believe I got your Xander once when he was your lead but I haven't seen your Cecilia up to this point.

Shit, how did you know I was Team Corrin the entire team? I love her art man, don't judge me!

Sadly, I haven't seen your Klein (or Cecilia when she was initially your lead) either. I've also been seeing Rezzy's Bridelia quite a bit along with, at least for this round, Bartozio's Camus. I got Rafiel's Aria's Cordelia a good portion of the time last round but I don't think she has turned up at all for this round.

Yeah, same on Aria's Cordelia.  I wonder why she suddenly decided to fly away.

Man, it'd be really nice if we could choose what friend support to use.  Then I'd get the chance to see everyone without relying on RNG whims, and it'd be easier to clear the color quests.

I had to not use my summer Leo five times for the blue quests this round, I have not gotten a single blue support this entire time >~>

Edited by Glaceon Mage

32 minutes ago, ruruo said:

If Leo loses, I'm so tempted to recklessly spend 20k feathers to 5* Saizo for a lead, and change my username to "iHateCandy".

I'd love to see this.

Edited by MrSmokestack