Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Gaius might not have "deserved" to get this far, but as someone who loved him in Awakening and joined his army expecting him to lose in the first round, I'm incredibly happy. I don't even mind that he's getting trounced by Corrin because that means I get even more feathers!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sproutling said:

Gaius might not have "deserved" to get this far, but as someone who loved him in Awakening and joined his army expecting him to lose in the first round, I'm incredibly happy. I don't even mind that he's getting trounced by Corrin because that means I get even more feathers!

You should probably take a look at how many flags you have and seriously consider withdrawing until later on then. Chances are you're getting a multiplier for every round, so you'll want to use the ones at the end of the match.

I actually enjoy the multiplier because it means gauntlets are actually exciting for once. The one-sided stomp battles from before were utterly boring. Maybe a few tweaks are needed but the overall system works.

Also can't understand people crying over Leo being "punished" with those gauntlets. Intsys clearly likes giving him attention and promoting him. To claim the losses are somehow targeted against him (which I have seen some people claim on other sites) is ridiculous. Leo won the Fates poll, but Takumi won the Famitsu and Nintendo Dream polls and finished ahead of Leo in the Heroes poll. And he has gotten nothing so far. So don't worry guys, I am sure Leo will be put into even more gauntlets/ get more costumes in the future. Intsys clearly likes him a lot.

As for the next battle.. Corrin is almost guaranteed to win but I am glad Gaius at least stands a small chance.

8 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

You should probably take a look at how many flags you have and seriously consider withdrawing until later on then. Chances are you're getting a multiplier for every round, so you'll want to use the ones at the end of the match.

Yeah, I definitely plan on doing that.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I actually enjoy the multiplier because it means gauntlets are actually exciting for once. The one-sided stomp battles from before were utterly boring. Maybe a few tweaks are needed but the overall system works.

Also can't understand people crying over Leo being "punished" with those gauntlets. Intsys clearly likes giving him attention and promoting him. To claim the losses are somehow targeted against him (which I have seen some people claim on other sites) is ridiculous. Leo won the Fates poll, but Takumi won the Famitsu and Nintendo Dream polls and finished ahead of Leo in the Heroes poll. And he has gotten nothing so far. So don't worry guys, I am sure Leo will be put into even more gauntlets/ get more costumes in the future. Intsys clearly likes him a lot.

As for the next battle.. Corrin is almost guaranteed to win but I am glad Gaius at least stands a small chance.

Same. Without the multiplier, people seem to think that things would go back to Chrom vs Ephraim but that was a one-time deal, it seems, due to them being a pretty even match-up. Everything since then has been a total curbstomp because they pit obvious favorites against less popular characters. Hell, even this gauntlet is ending in a curbstomp despite the upsets of the first two rounds.

The multiplier may mean that a less popular character wins over a more popular one, but is that...bad? If it was just a simple popularity contest, might as well do a poll and call it a day.

I'm saving most of my flags until later. This should pay off for me, but it's always a risk it won't.

Go Gaius! Get trounced so thoroughly, I end up in the top 1000 :D

@Sproutling

It's nice to see a fellow fan. I was beginning to feel a bit sad for Gaius :O He's not a bad'n really. I expected to beat Freddy, and am surprised to see he was actually the larger team, even though I like him too. Did not expect what happened with Leo, but happy to roll with it :)

I really do hope Leo wins a Gauntlet in the future, though. He's a great charrie.

Edited by Cute Chao

if there is anything I learned from these voting gauntlet, it's not older game character vs newer game character that doesn't stand a chance, it's males. The healers gauntlet was all female and it was interesting, also notable that Priscilla defeated Lissa and have tight fight with Elise. Except that one time where Subaki defeat Beruka, all male who go against females are utterly crushed. 

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

if there is anything I learned from these voting gauntlet, it's not older game character vs newer game character that doesn't stand a chance, it's males. The healers gauntlet was all female and it was interesting, also notable that Priscilla defeated Lissa and have tight fight with Elise. Except that one time where Subaki defeat Beruka, all male who go against females are utterly crushed. 

Ike would probably be the exception when IS decides to put him in a gauntlet 

The funny thing is Corrin is the only character I legitimately cannot stand in the FE games that I've played. There are few I definitely dislike, but still don't actually absolutely hate. But salt will do nothing at this point.

Alright Team Gaius. Let's get so beaten that everyone sees how much of a merciless monster Corrin is! That's the real goal now!

Edited by Frenzify

So I woke up to seeing Leo lose, which is pretty sad. At least I as expecting it after that late multiplier. At least I ended up in the top 1K on his team, so staying up that late wasn't a complete waste.

I've decided to join team Corrin, to at least make this a win for Nohr (and getting to finally take down that candy man is a nice bonus).

I could use some more friends though... If people want to add me, my fc is 9221424579 (username Bardth, lead Camus).

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

So I woke up to seeing Leo lose, which is pretty sad. At least I as expecting it after that late multiplier. At least I ended up in the top 1K on his team, so staying up that late wasn't a complete waste.

I've decided to join team Corrin, to at least make this a win for Nohr (and getting to finally take down that candy man is a nice bonus).

I could use some more friends though... If people want to add me, my fc is 9221424579 (username Bardth, lead Camus).

Welcome back (to the same side)

I'm not a big fan of Corrin her/himself, but gotta go with Nohr anyway. Added you!

Edited by Alkaid

37 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

Same. Without the multiplier, people seem to think that things would go back to Chrom vs Ephraim but that was a one-time deal, it seems, due to them being a pretty even match-up. Everything since then has been a total curbstomp because they pit obvious favorites against less popular characters. Hell, even this gauntlet is ending in a curbstomp despite the upsets of the first two rounds.

The multiplier may mean that a less popular character wins over a more popular one, but is that...bad? If it was just a simple popularity contest, might as well do a poll and call it a day.

The problem is the artificial sense of competition, and thus the artificial victory that would arise from the team that would have undeniably lost but ends up winning, due to an underdog mechanic screwing over the winning team for doing too well too soon. As has been said earlier, I think by Ice Dragon, punishing a team for doing too well is a terrible idea for any competition. The x3 bonus at least still kept things relatively close, whilst ensuring no real threats of the system granting the loser an artificial victory.

Gaius has done this twice now, and even though I'm on his team, it's only because I don't want to support Corrin. Otherwise I likely wouldn't go to a team I don't particularly care about, who should have been knocked out in the first round. I'd take curbstomps of cheap wins/losses any day, really. At least then you know it's fair in the sense that no one has be screwed over by a questionable mechanic.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Welcome back (to the same side)

I'm not a big fan of Corrin her/himself, but gotta go with Nohr anyway.

Good to see a familiar faces in this army.

I'm in the same boat, as I like Gaius slightly more as a character, but I just want Nohr to win now.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Added.

Accepted. I can't wait to see this little dragon appear in one of my battles!

Well, I've only moved down about 400 places in the cumulative rank, to 1,755 now. I hope I can still managed to be in the top 5k by the end, despite few/no Corrin multipliers.

I kind of expected for Gaius to get a multiplier after seeing Leo's lead slowly get bigger before going to bed. It was just impossible for Leo to come back from that. Oh well, the multipliers on Gaius's side should get ridicilous and therefore climbing up the rank should be easy. I like Gaius anyway a lot more than I like Corrin. Maybe we'll get lucky and he gets a multiplier right before the gauntlet ends and somehow manages to win.

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I think he meant Corrin's placement in the Fates Japanese popularity poll. Corrin got the top spot for female characters.

Ohhhhh,

I wanna say poor Gaius, but right now I'm just so indifferent on who will win.

I will laugh my ass of if Gauis wins though.

Oh god, the forecast graph looks absolutely hilarious right now.

8 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and he gets a multiplier right before the gauntlet ends and somehow manages to win.

Assuming the team sizes remain around what they are right now, Gaius can't even gain 10% to get a lead even with the 7.5× multiplier. If both teams save 400 flags for the final hour and Gaius has a multiplier, Gaius will actually lose ground instead of gain ground with the current relative team sizes.

Of course, only time will tell if the team sizes stay this way.

EDIT: Well, since it looks like Corrin has basically no chance of getting a multiplier ever this round, I think I'm finally going to bed.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh god, the forecast graph looks absolutely hilarious right now.

Do elaborate, when you get back.