Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, since we're never going to get the multiplier anyway, I've just been unloading flags.  Hopefully, it will be enough to get a decent rank.

Time for revenge!

Ryoma's great!  Greens are the only thing that really give me problems usually.

Ryoma it is. Go nuts with him then! (I would like him back in one piece though)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

10% of the score of the team in the lead (so for an example, With Corrin's current score, Gaius would need to be about 520 mil behind to get the bonus).

There's no problem with holding on to flags for now, since if we don't get a multiplier it doesn't really matter when you use them anyway, but keep in mind you need 13 battles (6 and a half hour) to use all those flags.

So, since Corrin had a 90% lead after Hour 1 Gaius was guaranteed that first multiplier :P

And you really put things into perspective, thanks! I was planning to stay up late tomorrow so that thankfully works out for me :P

If Gaius had only a bit more support, he'd have a legit shot at screwing over a third opponent in a row.  He's too far back to ever take the lead, let alone give Corrin the multiplier.

When you join team Gaius to get bonus feathers, but end up pulling a Summer Corrin a few hours later. Paid for joining the dark side just to get feathers by missing out on bonus points for Corrin. Ah well...

If anyone on team Gaius wants a +5 5* Nowi my ID is 7423044987, I can also swap her with a +1 Hector if that's more useful to people.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

People on Team Corrin, please change your lead to something other than Blue.  I got an all Blue team and got walled by a Julia.

Does my Klein (+Atk/-Res, +1; Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Threaten Def 3, Attack +1) satisfy you? I'm more than willing to switch if you'd rather have a red like Eirika or Ryoma.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If Gaius had only a bit more support, he'd have a legit shot at screwing over a third opponent in a row.  He's too far back to ever take the lead, let alone give Corrin the multiplier.

Doesn't he have a multiplier rn? It's kinda close too.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The fact that he can't take the lead with the mulitplier at this point and that Corrin sends Gaius right back into a multiplier after 1-2 hours shows how much of an advantage Corrin has.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Does my Klein (+Atk/-Res, +1; Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Threaten Def 3, Attack +1) satisfy you? I'm more than willing to switch if you'd rather have a red like Eirika or Ryoma.

Yep, anything other than a Blue is great

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Gaius has had the multiplier pretty much every other hour.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

The fact that he can't take the lead with the mulitplier at this point and that Corrin sends Gaius right back into a multiplier after 1-2 hours shows how much of an advantage Corrin has.

Pretty much

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yep, anything other than a Blue is great

Gaius has had the multiplier pretty much every other hour.

Pretty much

I think we're nearing the point where Gaius will have 2 multipliers in a row. The first time he does may be the one time he overtakes Corrin, but probably not enough to give her a multiplier. 

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I didn't realize it was that bad lol. I guess I'll just dump flags.

My score has only just overtaken my number of flags. I think that means I should do the same eventually too :P

Off-topic, but: What game does your signature come from @LuxSpes, Disgaea?

At this point, I think I'll stop using my flags and keep for tomorrow when the multiplier bonus will increase, since I'm pretty sure Gaius will keep getting it consistently at this rate.

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

My score has only just overtaken my number of flags. I think that means I should do the same eventually too :P

Off-topic, but: What game does your signature come from @LuxSpes, Disgaea?

It's the Blazing Heart job path from Elsword.

Team Corrin should hold onto maybe 800 flags for the last 2 hours. 200× points is nothing to sneeze at, and if Team Gaius is saving flags for the last few multipliers, then they definitely can get some larger gains in against Team Corrin.

As for the people suggesting reworks of the Voting Gauntlet:

• Removing the mascot character defeats the purpose of the game mode. The two motivations for playing this game mode are feathers and getting your favorite characters as far as they can. Rallying behind a character you like is a good way to encourage participation from players who are otherwise content getting a mediocre feather reward.
  • Random assignment of teams also completely trivializes the tournament system. With the sheer number of players in this game, there will be so little variation of scores between teams that every match will be a literal coin flip as to who wins. If multipliers are in play, whoever wins the initial yo-yo is essentially guaranteed a win with even teams. If not, every match will be Chrom v. Ephraim, and I'm sure players will get sick of that pretty fast.
  • Removal of the multipliers wholesale is also out of the question. One of the problems with the first two Voting Gauntlets was the fact that players who are indifferent to the winner will bandwagon to the predicted winner for the additional 500 victory feathers, effectively producing a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • Making the multipliers not count for your personal score has the same problem. If they don't get counted towards your rankings, there's no reason not to join the projected winner because of the 500 victory feathers.
  • Removing the victory feathers might be viable choice, but that also removes the positive reinforcement to try to win a close match. I wouldn't recommend it, but it does open up some of the above choices.

The main points being:

• There needs to be motivation to play the game mode in the first place.
  • There needs to be a system in place to prevent bandwagoning on the projected winner to produce a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • There needs to be a system in place where the losing team has motivation to keep playing and spending flags.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

THANK NAGA

I ran S. Elise and got Julia and Nowi as my teammates vs Xander, Celica, and Felicia

Based God Nino (the 40+10 one) weakened Celica and Julia finished her off. Then Nino just killed Felicia and Xander

Thank you for everything, Nino

Wait, so you got Julia and Nowi as allies in a tough match up, but then a +10 Nino appeared out of nowhere to help you through?

It seems god has come down for you indeed! :P

Just now, Bartozio said:

Wait, so you got Julia and Nowi as allies in a tough match up, but then a +10 Nino appeared out of nowhere to help you through?

It seems god has come down for you indeed! :P

WHOOps

Not Nowi

I was still thinking about how I need SI for her

STILL

N I N O with AETHERRRRrRRrRrrr and 47 speed

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

• Making the multipliers not count for your personal score has the same problem. If they don't get counted towards your rankings, there's no reason not to join the projected winner because of the 500 victory feathers.
  • Removing the victory feathers might be viable choice, but that also removes the positive reinforcement to try to win a close match. I wouldn't recommend it, but it does open up some of the above choices.

The main points being:

• There needs to be motivation to play the game mode in the first place.
  • There needs to be a system in place to prevent bandwagoning on the projected winner to produce a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • There needs to be a system in place where the losing team has motivation to keep playing and spending flags.

That's a fair point, part of my reasoning for not counting multipliers on personal scores was that players would have even more incentive to go for the higher ranks on personal scores (and thus play as often as they can), since as the game currently stands it's so luck based on who gets to use flags on multipliers.

In that perspective I felt that 500 feathers are a small motivation compared to the rewards for the higher ranks, which people might try and aim for should they have a better chance of reaching them (and a cumulative score), but I'm probably underestimating that a the chunk of players that like to slack off, and bandwagon on the Victory feathes instead of playing the game and increase their score for characters they care about. XD

*Sigh* Just goes to show that there is no easy way to improve the Gauntlet is there?

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Spell fail

30 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

N I N O with AETHERRRRrRRrRrrr and 47 speed

Doesn't beat my Bride Caeda with Aether and 49 Spd.

Maybe I should put my Tharja up for Team Corrin. Maybe a bit less impressive than Tiki, but probably much more useful.

Has Michalis been useful for you guys on Team Corrin? Any of guys want to swap him out for Kagero (+1, +Atk -Def, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Fort Def 3, Draw Back, Luna), or Hector (standard vantage build), or Palla? 

Edited by Locke087

I like how Gaius can't even keep up with the multiplier in effect the whole freaking time.

I also can't believe he beat Leo.  Oh well, at least we get more poor leo memes.

Edited by Lushen

You know what woupd be a pretty effective workaround?

If people weren't locked to a single army until they win or are KO'd.

Like, if you are satisfied with the lead your favourite waifu has againt an opponent, you can back up and spend flags on another part of the tournament. This would give people a chance to catch multipliers no matter what time they log in. Of course they would still be locked to fighting no more than once every 30 mins, and their rank in a particular army will waver should they keep jumping ship.