Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Hm, Frederick might actually turn this around. Surprising. Glad I picked him.

Yeah! Even I'M surprised! And I'm glad too, of course! Even if he does still lose, boy did we put up a fight! Don't underestimate the power of the abs.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently both Team Leo and Team Robin are full-out coasting at this point as they both actually lost ground within the last hour. Oh, and Elise has the max strength multiplier in addition to Frederick making things interesting. Will Corrin actually be the first unfortunate juggernaut to get screwed by the multiplier? I'm going to get my fries ready just in case. They could use the salt.

Edited by Tybrosion

Holy crap Elise has the multiplier right now and the score distance isn't that far we might lose... what the heck! If I don't get my 500 consolation feathers for joining a team with zero multipliers during a reasonable time of day I'm gonna be so pissed. Well if we lose I guess I'm joining Leo.

Edited by Locke087

Man, the multiplier sure screwed around with the gauntlet this time, didn't it? But that's what makes this fun and interesting! I still don't think it should be called a voting gauntlet anymore though. You were never even really voting even before the multiplier was implemented. It's just a vs style battle tourney system between groups of players.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Okay pouring the flags for good ol' Frederick! Would be great if we actually make it!

The forecast spreadsheet literally puts Frederick 16,000 points away from winning, which is less than the number of points earned by a single player spending 200 flags.

Wow, the Gaius vs Frederick match could potentially be won by a single person's actions. Some projections have it end up being like 16,000 votes apart.

I'm going to spend some Flags on Leo.  We're ahead, but don't want to see all of Xander spending Flags and pulling ahead.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Man, the multiplier sure screwed around with the gauntlet this time, didn't it? But that's what makes this fun and interesting! I still don't think it should be called a voting gauntlet anymore though. You were never even really voting even before the multiplier was implemented. It's just a vs style battle system between groups of players.

Out of curiosity, would you still be saying that about the multiplier if it caused Ike to lose in a future gauntlet or if it caused Frederick to lose in this one?

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Out of curiosity, would you still be saying that about the multiplier if it caused Ike to lose in a future gauntlet or if it caused Frederick to lose in this one?

No. I mean, I'd be bummed that we lost, but it's still the way things work now.

The multiplier has made gauntlets way more interesting than before. The first two were just curbstomps everywhere which was boring.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The first two were just curbstomps everywhere which was boring.

The third was also a curbstomp. The multiplier made it look like the losing team had a chance, but with a multiplier fixed at 3×, the losing team could never actually earn enough points to take the lead once the score got high enough.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The first two were just curbstomps everywhere which was boring.

The first one had Ephraim vs. Chrom and nothing has ever come close to that 

That's why I liked the first ones better

The multiplier gives those who spend flags during that time a HUGE score making it unfair for those who missed it!

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The third was also a curbstomp. The multiplier made it look like the losing team had a chance, but with a multiplier fixed at 3×, the losing team could never actually earn enough points to take the lead once the score got high enough.

Oh yeah, that's true too.

I can understand why people say it kills the point of it being a voting gauntlet. But it was never even really that to start with, as I said before. You never actually voted for anything, it was a battling tournament. It should really be called Tourney Gauntlet or as suggested before, Battle Gauntlet or something.

10 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

The multiplier gives those who spend flags during that time a HUGE score making it unfair for those who missed it!

I personally preferred the fixed 3× multiplier:

• The winning team is never in danger of losing at the end, meaning there will no one on the team that "should have won" disappointed due to an upset happening. This way, it's still a "voting" gauntlet and a "popularity contest".
  • There is incentive to join the losing team instead of bandwagoning on the winning team because it is easier to get a cumulative rank that way.
  • Multipliers occur more frequently because losing teams gain less ground during a multiplier, meaning the winning team puts the losing team back into multiplier mode sooner.

The downsides of the 3× multiplier:

• Close matches would suck. You'd basically have the current situation with Gaius v. Frederick where one team would leave the yo-yo with the lead. If they are slightly bigger, they will slowly improve their lead until they hit the multiplier threshold, then proceed to lose because of it. If they are slightly smaller, they will slowly lose their lead until either time runs out and they win or the slightly larger team gains the lead.
Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The forecast spreadsheet literally puts Frederick 16,000 points away from winning, which is less than the number of points earned by a single player spending 200 flags.

Either way, i needed to secure my spot in the lower end of top 5000 since everyone is soendjng flags last minute no matter the result haha

Also Lightning Breath+ Ninian is such a joy to use!

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I seem to mostly get @Rafiel's Aria's Cordelia and @Rezzy's bride Cordelia, with @Robert of Normandy's Minerva occasionally showing up too.

Anyone getting my Klein?  Is he working out well?

I've been getting Klein! I absolutely love him. And I'm super grateful for him. Between your Klein and @Rezzy's Bridelia, this was the first time I managed to do all of the colorless quests without struggling. (With the exception of the healer gauntlet.) I hope Cordelia works out for you! I just realize she has a flier buff on...but she doesn't have the SP for any other C skill atm. ^^; 

WOW! Corrin can lose with that 7x multiplier. I'm on Team Corrin but it is so ridiculous that instead of being pissed I'm going to laugh like crazy if we lose due to being the biggest team.

Yeah, Frederick so deserves this! But...I have to be a good sport if he loses, as I said some time ago. It's never good to be a sore loser.

I've done my last battle for this round now. All I can do is cross my fingers and pick a god and pray that the abs pull through and Gaius went and soaked his head! :P

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

if we lose due to being the biggest team.

If you lose, being the biggest team didn't doom you. It was not letting off the steam at the end. If Team Corrin had chilled out like Team Robin and Team Leo, Team Elise wouldn't have had the multiplier.

I wonder how many people on Team Corrin are now scrambling to spend 400 feathers. If all of Team Corrin spends 400 feathers, it should be entirely possible to simply earn enough points to maintain the lead (Team Corrin is 5× larger than Team Elise, so that difference alone can potentially overcome Team Elise's 7.5× multiplier).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder how many people on Team Corrin are now scrambling to spend 400 feathers. If all of Team Corrin spends 400 feathers, it should be entirely possible to simply earn enough points to maintain the lead (Team Corrin is 5× larger than Team Elise, so that difference alone can potentially overcome Team Elise's 7.5× multiplier).

Oh look, it happened again.