Special Heroes - Nohrian Summer

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The worst thing about this banner isn't that Xander is here again, it's that Corrin being here means we won't get Witch Corrin for Halloween...

That’s the saddest thing. Still, anything can happen. Would you have guessed that there will be the same amount of Xanders as the Sacred Stones units?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sire said:

Of course. How else would I obtain a +ATK, -RES F!Robin?

In context I meant a Summer!F!Robin. The one I have is +DEF, -SPD, and I would prefer a better nature for her...

I don't think they will though, since the first summer banner has been on for a month. Actually, I think it's still here until start of August.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think they will though, since the first summer banner has been on for a month. Actually, I think it's still here until start of August.

That is true, but going off of past Voting Gauntlets there have always been Voting Gauntlet banners (Prince vs Princesses, Pegasus Knights vs Wyvern Riders, Male Mages vs Female Mages, & War of the Clerics).

The main thing with the current Summer Voting Gauntlet is that there was the Ylissean Summer banner for the whole month of July and then there is the Nohr one for (supposedly) the whole month of August. Either they will simply make a new Ylissean Summer banner during the event of the Gauntlet to run alongside the Nohrian one, or they make a "Girls Summer Banner" and a "Guys Summer Banner." // This is provided there is are Voting Gauntlet banners for this Summer Gauntlet at all, since we had the primary banners be in the spotlight as of late. I personally think there will be one to follow tradition, even if the primary banners are in the spotlight.

Edited by Sire

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

That is true, but going off of past Voting Gauntlets there have always been Voting Gauntlet banners (Prince vs Princesses, Pegasus Knights vs Wyvern Riders, Male Mages vs Female Mages, & War of the Clerics).

The main thing with the current Summer Voting Gauntlet is that there was the Ylissean Summer banner for the whole month of July and then there is the Nohr one for (supposedly) the whole month of August. Either they will simply make a new Ylissean Summer banner during the event of the Gauntlet to run alongside the Nohrian one, or they make a "Girls Summer Banner" and a "Guys Summer Banner." // This is provided there is are Voting Gauntlet banners for this Summer Gauntlet at all, since we had the primary banners be in the spotlight as of late. I personally think there will be one to follow tradition, even if the primary banners are in the spotlight.

Eh, then that kinda defeats the point of a month long banner if you ask me. But we'll see, I guess.

I wonder, if they're exhausting their Ylisse and Nohr resources in the summer in one go, does that mean Hoshido and a different FE country will be represented at Halloween/Autumn Festivities? Or will we have what happened with Bridal Blessings and has at least one representative from different FEs? Or will the game accept what it has become and over saturate with Ylisseans and Hoshidans/Nohrians?

I find it kind of funny that Fates: Conquest seems to be getting more love from Intelligent Systems than Birthright is.

I mean, you have Nohr getting a Summer Banner along with Ylisse (Awakening), and you have Female Corrin (basically Conquest Corrin) being put in Fire Emblem Warriors over the Male one that's primarily advertised for Birthright.

Maybe they think Conquest is the more popular version.

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s the saddest thing. Still, anything can happen. Would you have guessed that there will be the same amount of Xanders as the Sacred Stones units?

At least Xander, Lucina and Tiki no longer outnumber them.

I want that Leo, that's all I want, I don't want the others just him!! BUT HE IS FREAKING TOMATO RED!!! Is so hard to get the red you want... But I want!!! But hard... But I want!!! Not just because is Leo, but because normal Leo is my unique Red!Mage (I'm not counting Raigh since he is still 2* lv1 lol), arf... Plz someone give me luck !!

If anyone talks about Hoshidan bias ever again, I'll laugh in their face.

This just feels line massive slap in the face to anyone who dares to like Hoshido and wants at least some attention for them. Like, I wouldn't even be mad, if there was just a slightly larger amount of Nohrians, but Hoshido getting nothing?? Way to treat a significant part of your fanbase like crap. It's not a matter of Nohr being more popular. Hoshido isn't //unpopular// so by utterly ignoring them you are just trampeling over those who enjoy them.

Sorry for the rant, but this got me while in a bad place. We can hope for like an early autumn banner in September maybe.. but given the track record, I seriously doubt it. Silver lining: Don't need to worry about wasting my orbs at least!

Edited by Nanima

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I really, really don't understand these complaints about Hoshido getting shafted. At least Hoshidans are in the game.

A certain lovable axe user isn't in the game. :(

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I really, really don't understand these complaints about Hoshido getting shafted. At least Hoshidans are in the game.

They are, but every instance of Fates characters getting spotlight (aside from the first Heroes Fest banner)? Nohrian characters.

GHB character? Xander.

Easter banner? Xander and Camilla.

Brides banner? Charlotte.

Summer banner? Nohrian.

Yes, the idea of "Nohrian Summer" matches with "Ylissean Summer", but why pick Nohr exclusively? It could've been "Summer of Fates" or "Fates Summer" to have a mix and match of Nohrian and Hoshidan characters (especially since we already had a double banner with Alm's and Celica's armies...so it wouldn't be unheard of to do it again for two different fractions). It's just a strange, and honestly, hurtful decision for those of us who really like/love the Hoshidan cast.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The first two seasonals have Nohr character: Spring season having two, Bridal getting one. This one is all Nohr, even with a third Xander.

The Prince and Princess Banner had Elise and Leo. Mage banner had Leo again. Healer sister had Sakura finally, but again, Elise.

Nohr is over-represented compared to Birthright. Some people like Birthright more, so seeing Nohr again  really doesn't excite those people.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

The first two seasonals have Nohr character: Spring season having two, Bridal getting one. This one is all Nohr, even with a third Xander.

The Prince and Princess Banner had Elise and Leo. Mage banner had Leo again. Healer sister had Sakura finally, but again, Elise.

Nohr is over-represented compared to Birthright. Some people like Birthright more, so seeing Nohr again  really doesn't excite those people.

I like Hoshido more, and I really don't mind.

The fliers gauntlet also had Camilla and Hinoka. Whenever a Hoshidan shows up in a gauntlet, their corresponding Nohrian counterpart just - has - to show up as well ... while Nohrians have been in gauntlets without their Hoshidan counterparts.

I mean, I totally get that Hoshidans are at least in the game unlike certain other characters. That part is frustrating, that other games are not getting characters. But for Fates fans who like Hoshidan characters and/or don't care for more Nohrians it's not really much of a win either? I guess the sentiment is more like, "if you're going to pander to Fates anyway, why not add in some Hoshidans instead of just focusing exclusively on Nohrians?" And there's also how the Nohr vs. Hoshido part of the fanbase can be pretty ... divided.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I like Hoshido more, and I really don't mind.

Okay, but you aren't the majority. Just because you as someone who prefers Hoshido doesn't mind, mean everyone else who prefers Hoshido will. It's a simple complaint and it really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Okay, but you aren't the majority. Just because you as someone who prefers Hoshido doesn't mind, mean everyone else who prefers Hoshido will. It's a simple complaint and it really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

I understand the complaint, I just think it's exaggerated to hell and back.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I understand the complaint, I just think it's exaggerated to hell and back.

One person in this thread made a rant before your comment. Two others mentioned Hoshido's under-representation. I can't find any instances of exaggeration, and the people talking about it are actually right. Hoshido had Sakura in a Gauntlet. Takumi and Ryoma appeared on Hero Fest. Conquest, on the other hand, has Leo and Elise appear in the gauntlet twice with Camilla appearing again, two versions of Camilla/Elise/Leo, three versions of Xander. Nobodies making any exaggerations.

27 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Yes, the idea of "Nohrian Summer" matches with "Ylissean Summer", but why pick Nohr exclusively? It could've been "Summer of Fates" or "Fates Summer" to have a mix and match of Nohrian and Hoshidan characters (especially since we already had a double banner with Alm's and Celica's armies...so it wouldn't be unheard of to do it again for two different fractions). It's just a strange, and honestly, hurtful decision for those of us who really like/love the Hoshidan cast.

A "Fates Summer" banner would look REALLY, REALLY weird in Japanese as "ifの夏". Which looks REALLY, REALLY weird. Yes, that's a Latin-alphabet "if" in there.

But that just means there's a higher chance we'll get a Hoshido banner for a different season. Which means male Corrin might just end up getting shafted.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

One person in this thread made a rant before your comment. Two others mentioned Hoshido's under-representation. I can't find any instances of exaggeration, and the people talking about it are actually right. Hoshido had Sakura in a Gauntlet. Takumi and Ryoma appeared on Hero Fest. Conquest, on the other hand, has Leo and Elise appear in the gauntlet twice with Camilla appearing again, two versions of Camilla/Elise/Leo, three versions of Xander. Nobodies making any exaggerations.

I'm not saying they were factually incorrect, though. This whole thing just reminds me of the rabid Ike fanboys crying every time a banner wasn't Ike.

This banner is a textbook example of how to test my self-control =P ...

B Tome flier Corrin is probably the most interesting to me of the bunch, but tbh the flier team I have is perfectly functional so...idk. I might just end up continuing to save orbs and see how things go (my original game plan was to wait for the next TT banner 'cause Celica). It doesn't seem as though there'll be any shortage of them in the near future, in any case.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

A "Fates Summer" banner would look REALLY, REALLY weird in Japanese as "ifの夏". Which looks REALLY, REALLY weird. Yes, that's a Latin-alphabet "if" in there.

But that just means there's a higher chance we'll get a Hoshido banner for a different season. Which means male Corrin might just end up getting shafted.

Ah, makes sense~! I imagine, had they gone with a more general idea for the concept of If/Fates, they'd use better/more clever wording. Given how it's still late for me and my knowledge of Japanese is super rusty, I'm not sure what they'd do, but...

I'm hopeful that Hoshido'll start appearing more toward the fall season. It really depends how they do it for who'd get shafted. They might try to parallel with the previous banners that Fates/Awakening did and have the Avatar character in there...meaning at least one of the Hoshidan siblings would be shafted, instead...I hope not, though.