Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Must have heard different lines than me. His English voice is perfectly creepy and intimidating. His Japanese voice sounds generic by comparison. Not a twinge of creepiness in that one.

He sounds like some egotistic guy with a cold to me in English. Less personality than Narcian.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

To be fair, Narcian has a lot of personality...

That and he's also voiced by Kaiji Tang, a guy who seriously knows how to ham it up. His voice acting for Narcian kinda reminds me of Specter from Ape Escape, another overly egotistical and sissy villain.

On 8/16/2017 at 3:04 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I want one. Like now. I want to hear his Japanese voice lines (the English ones are already up on Gamepedia).

There's actually a datamine video on Youtube with Valter's voice in it for both languages, but I decided not to link it on this thread. Valter in Japanese is voiced by

Spoiler

Okawa Toru (Roy Mustang).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Ouch Valter's reinforcements are utterly mean. (What else would one expect from him though?)
And I like the added dialogue when you start up a GHB - it began with Legion's last re-run right?

Oh and his English VA?

Spoiler

Imari. As in...Imari Williams? Benny/Fuga's VA?

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

PenekoR (п猫R) is Valter’s artist, the same as Eldigan’s, Saber’s, and Summer Xander’s. Did anybody guess it right?

Literally no one.

8 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Ouch Valter's reinforcements are utterly mean. (What else would one expect from him though?)
And I like the added dialogue when you start up a GHB - it began with Legion's last re-run right?

Oh and his English VA?

Reveal hidden contents

Imari. As in...Imari Williams? Benny/Fuga's VA?

Yup.

19 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Actually, the Lilina + Cecilia BHB started the trend. The Legion GHB rerun and Valter's GHB followed it.

Did not expect that they would move regardless if you were in range and definitely did not expect reinforcements to arrive. I have no idea how they're triggered or how many there are since my first attempt of hard difficulty had about +4 waves of reinforcements. All I could do was laugh in disbelief knowing I was screwed. Second attempt was basically have Gordin kill everything with help from Olivia and Linde and Sonya (who replaced Arthur since he didn't do anything on the first try) covering units he couldn't reach.

I have no idea how I would tackle lunatic knowing there might be an infinite spawn of enemies. At least Legion's map had defense tiles and there weren't any terrain other than the walls. The only way to bait the red mage on Valter's for example, requires a flyer. Thanks for reminding me that I don't have summer F!Corrin are you refused to give me her, game.

Edit: @Vaximillian, my guess was either new artist or PenekoR if that's worth anything: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/73294-scorched-grand-hero-battle-valter-the-moonstone/&do=findComment&comment=4948421. Someone else probably called it before in this thread or somewhere else.

Edited by Kaden

Wow they really like to do reinforcement GHBs during Tempest trials huh? First Legion, now this. How annoying.

took a few tries but I beat Lunatic by being aggressive with Horse emblem plus Olivia. I finally broke through by going througj the left side instead of the right- except for Xander who can take the axe and archer on the right.

team was Reinhardt, fury and QR Xander, gronnblade and Reposition Cecilia and Wings of Mercy Olivia.

as Xander dealt with the right side, Reinhardt had to quickly delete the red mage on the left. Luckily he can take 1 hit from the firesweep lancer. Both Cecilia and Reinhardt quickly clean up the left side, with Reinhardt finishing Valter before he could do anything (panic ploy is annoying)

first wave of reinforcements comes in and again, Xander tanks axe flier from the north. Olivia dances Reinhardt to the north to deal with sword flier. I think there was another reinforcement from below and with Cecilia's Reposition, Reinhardt dealt with the southern enemy.

firesweep plus poison strike is a bit annoying, but if your unit survives then that makes it easy for WoM dancer to offer support

This is literal hell. Although it's my fault for refusing to use dancer units, and not leveling up a 3* Olivia.

Edited by Logos

Took a couple tries but beat Lunatic. Not sure how I'm going to do Infernal yet. My cav team sucks (no Reinhardt, only 4* Cecilia) so it worked on Lunatic but I don't think I can beat the inflated Lunatic stats with it. The mix of firesweeps and panic debuffs is nasty.

Hng. Just cleared Lunatic - *Sigh* Inferno here I go...
I wonder how many times will I see the "You Lose" screen before getting that coveted "Stage Clear!" instead? Tune in at...tbd..probably...? :S

23 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Actually, the Lilina + Cecilia BHB started the trend. The Legion GHB rerun and Valter's GHB followed it.

Oops my forgetful brain foiled me (again) - for some reason the Lilina + Cecilia's BHB slipped my mind.

Finished Lunatic with BrideCordelia and 3Dancers after the first wave of Reinforcements. 

The same didnt work for Infernal. But finished it with B!Cordelia Olivia Azura and a Firesweep Lance Tana

Guidance 3 improved getting around alot and blocking parhs while being stuck in the upper left corner. 

Got it on 3.try but i was abit shocked at the amount of reinforcements.

Unlike Legion there is no Defensiv Tiles so i doubt a very defensiv approach works for this. I guess its go all out or nothing!

I only needed one try to beat both Hard and Lunatic while Infernal took a grand total of......two. Yeah, this gave me far less grief compared to Legion's. My recently promoted Cherche was certainly a valuable asset for this one along with my typical key player Klein. Summer!Corrin also got a chance to shine despite Panic Ploy being all over the damn place, so that was also nice.

Infernal Team

Spoiler

5* Klein, +1 (+Atk/-Res): Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Hone Atk 2, Attack +1
Ninian, +1 (+Spd/-Res): Light Breath+, Dance, Luna, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Def 3, Fortify Res 1
Summer!Corrin (+Spd/-Atk): Blarblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Life and Death 2, Desperation 3, Goad Fliers
5* Cherche (+Atk/-Res): Brave Axe+, Pivot, Draconic Aura, Attack +3, Hit and Run, Threaten Def 3

Cleared Hard and Lunatic on first tries.

Units used:

Hard: 5* Olivia, Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia

Lunatic: 5* Olivia, Reinhardt, Bride Cordelia, 3* Olivia

Have yet to attempt Infernal map.

45 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If someone has a way of surviving on Valter's map as long as possible on Infernal to grab reinforcement stats for me, that'd be great.

Done:

Edit:

How do I make it show the complete album all at once?

Edited by Clogon

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Done:

Valter units

https://imgur.com/a/vFi3B

Edit:

How do I make it show the complete album all at once?

If you paste the link of the album, it should just embed itself, but sometimes it gets wonky and refuses to do so.

Thanks my guy.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy