Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat hard with very little, if any, difficulty.

Beat lunatic after smashing my head into the same wall over and over again. Ultimately, I beat the map by having Reinhardt tank a blow from Valter and surviving and bringing on Camus for a third attacker instead of using Clarine.

Not sure I can do infernal on my own.

Wacky strat, but managed Infernal w/ Linde, 4* lvl 40 Olivia, lvl 1 Ninian, Eirika. Basically Eirika did some distracting in the upper right while Linde with her 2 dancers cleaned up the bottom. Olivia did some WoM teleports and Eirika did some ER teleports to help handle reinforcements as they come, and find safe spots. Perhaps there's a cleaner way to finish them off early to not fight them all, but didn't see anything obvious for this team (prob need galeforce?).

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Beat hard with very little, if any, difficulty.

Beat lunatic after smashing my head into the same wall over and over again. Ultimately, I beat the map by having Reinhardt tank a blow from Valter and surviving and bringing on Camus for a third attacker instead of using Clarine.

Not sure I can do infernal on my own.

I posted pics of how I did it with all the reinforcements and their spawn locations of inferno in the previous page. It should help you out.

Beat Infernal on my first try but holy shit that's tough. There were like a million reinforcements; they did eventually stop though I think, thank god.

I actually failed Lunatic once to my surprise, which hasn't happened since probably forever; but at least I learned from my mistake (or rather, my unpreparedness of Panic Ploy because seriously who the hell would have known) in Lunatic and replace all Hones with Spurs/Goads so that all those mfkers with Panic Ploys can go f*** themselves!

The last red horse mage gave me huge headache; his BS stats would have enabled him to to punch through Reinhardt despite weapon disadvantage. I actually had to use Xander and Priscilla to block him, both of which would have been doubled by him were they not Goaded/Spurred. Holy shit that was close.

My teams isn't particularly special by any stretch so I guess giving more details about it might help others who are having trouble. Units besides Olivia are non-merged; my Olivia is fully SI'ed but she only tanked a Brave Axe cav here once so any trained up Olivia should work too. Reinhardt has Lance Breaker 1 (probably the only vital SI needed) so he almost killed everything non green (take note there are no blue mages in this map) here. Xander has TA QR (Axe Breaker would have worked too) and is dedicated in killing axe pegasuses. Priscilla has Spur Speed which had helped Xander avoid getting doubled but that's about it; she didn't even do any actual healing as far as I can remember, so replacing her with an actual combatant might make things a bit easier.

Screenshot_20170821-162506.png

Infernal GHBs are becoming more and more BS recently; as an F2P I don't know when the time will come when I can't beat infernal GHBs anymore.

Edited by Ninferno
Added more details in the team used.

C'mon guys, don't give up! The GHB hasn't been up for even two hours yet x). I for one welcome the increasing difficulty of these GHB's, it's much more exciting and fun to try new stratetegies and learn each time and come closee to completing it than doing it in one go and go on leveling my 70th unit to level 40...

Alright, managed to beat Infernal and Lunatic with my standard full offence team of Reinhardt (DB3, LB3, Hone Speed inherited), Nino (Fury 3, Desperation 2, Moonbow inherited), Klein and Olivia (very original, I know).

Lunatic went down pretty easily on my first try, although the reinforcements and enemies moving on the first time caught me a little of guard. Infernal was a whole different beast though. As you may have guessed, my team does not like Panic Ploy...

I don't remember the full details, but my basic strategy came down to keeping my team together, killing as much as possible, and avoiding Panic Ploy as much as possible (screw that red cavelier that spawns with it btw). Klein was MVP, as there were way to much flyers on this map, along with a lot of units that had high RES.

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

C'mon guys, don't give up! The GHB hasn't been up for even two hours yet x). I for one welcome the increasing difficulty of these GHB's, it's much more exciting and fun to try new stratetegies and learn each time and come closee to completing it than doing it in one go and go on leveling my 70th unit to level 40...

I'm not giving up. I just want all the inventory space I can get as I desperately try for Tana, and actually succeeding at Lunatic would run counter to that goal.

Echoing the sentiment of Klein's complete and utter MVP-ness. After seeing a few people use him in the thread I fielded him and Infernal just became a total joke. Reinhardt/Klein/Olivia/Azura; Olivia had to tank an axe cav but Azura saw no combat at all.

I have become complacent and over-reliant on Horse Emblem and have forgotten how much I love Klein. He cheesed Michalis's GHB too. I can't wait until I pull a decent 4* version of him to promote so my current +DEF -SPD Klein can get a bit of a bump.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm not giving up. I just want all the inventory space I can get as I desperately try for Tana, and actually succeeding at Lunatic would run counter to that goal.

Ah, I didn't mean you in particular, just in general :3. Good luck getting Tana, she's been very elusive for me aswell!

Just now, Birdy said:

Ah, I didn't mean you in particular, just in general :3. Good luck getting Tana, she's been very elusive for me aswell!

I am scared of what's going to happen if I don't get her.

...Granted, I'm also scared of what's going to happen if I do get her. I should probably have that checked out.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

GH3Bt5M.png

Desperation "fuk u Valter" promotion. +Atk -Res, Brave Axe+, Reposition, Luna, DB3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers. We'll see how this goes.

MHMMMMMMMM YES she got me through Lunatic. Rein + Azura + Olivia + Cherche. Infernal is a different story though....

Infernal is just garbage map design. At least Legion infernal had a fucking enemy count limit. Being surrounded by 8+ units  with stat inflation is simply unfair. If you don't have an archer or Reinhardt you're pretty much screwed.

How the fuck is this even fair?

Edited by Korath88

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

MHMMMMMMMM YES she got me through Lunatic. Rein + Azura + Olivia + Cherche. Infernal is a different story though....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS CHERCHE DA GODDESS

She killed pretty much everyone not red, AND also the last two Red mages. She's crazy. Reinhardt picked off everything else.

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Infernal is just garbage map design. At least Legion infernal had a fucking enemy count limit. Being surrounded by 8+ units  with stat inflation is simply unfair. If you don't have an archer or Reinhardt you're pretty much screwed.

Yeah, it's pretty much all about the ORKO machines. No amount of defending will save you.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Probably the hardest one since Legion, took me a lot of tries due to Panic ploy messed up with buffs, Klein MVP this map.

Unit build : Xander ( Fury 2, QR2, Hone Calv3) , Reinhardt ( DB3, Lancebreaker 2, Fortify Calv3) Klein ( DB3, Swordbreaker 2, Threaten Def 3), Azura

So, is this how it's going to be from now on? Because of BS Horses, we will have huge spams of Panic Ploys and last wave Horsies as well (because not being able to walk through trees is such an inconvenience, lol). We all knew Panic Ploy was mostly introduced for IS's sake, but my god, does this get tedious now. Funniest part is that it does not even stop Horses, they still are one of the most reliable ways to beat this. And things are going to become even more crazy with the first Bow Knight, once that gets introduced.

Anyways, took several tries this time to wrap my head around the best positioning for my horse/flier-free team, but, luckily, it was still manageable without C-skills, but not without Brave, sadly..