Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

52 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I am scared of what's going to happen if I don't get her.

...Granted, I'm also scared of what's going to happen if I do get her. I should probably have that checked out.

But you'd rather die of happiness then loneliness right? But yeah, maybe you should try to get some more rest or something...

27 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

So, is this how it's going to be from now on? Because of BS Horses, we will have huge spams of Panic Ploys and last wave Horsies as well (because not being able to walk through trees is such an inconvenience, lol). We all knew Panic Ploy was mostly introduced for IS's sake, but my god, does this get tedious now. Funniest part is that it does not even stop Horses, they still are one of the most reliable ways to beat this. And things are going to become even more crazy with the first Bow Knight, once that gets introduced.

Anyways, took several tries this time to wrap my head around the best positioning for my horse/flier-free team, but, luckily, it was still manageable without C-skills, but not without Brave, sadly..

Panic Ploy doesn't really stop buffs on this map, it just makes then a bit more difficult to use. There's only two units on Infernal who run Panic Ploy, and it's very possible to nuke the second one out of existence before he can make use of it. If you plan ahead and keep your nukes outside the Panic Ploy range, buffs are still pretty usefull.

I'm really intrested in free unit clears of this map though...

Edited by Bartozio

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

There's only two units on Infernal who run Panic Ploy, and it's very possible to nuke the second one out of existence before he can make use of it.

Well, there are actually three lol. He might be late to the party, but don't forget about him...

I'm a comparatively new player; the first GHB I was able to actually win ANY difficulty was... I forget if the re-run of Narcian or Michalis was first.  I think Narcian.  Regardless.  My point is, I'm not at the point where I'm willing to tackle Infernal yet.

But I'm proud of myself: I was able to, after much trial and error, take down Lunatic difficulty.

3* Level 35 Olivia (base kit, no inheritance)
4* Cordelia, again with Base kit as high as 4* can get.  +atk -def
5* Cherche, one of my first pulls as a 3*.  I've put work into her: Brave Axe+, Bonfire, Deathblow, Drag Back, and her base Fortify Defense (which ALMOST screwed me over, but not quite)  +spd -res  I don't care if her boon isn't optimal.  She's gotten me out of SO much shit.
5* Leon with base kit, +HP -spd.  Very lucky pull; literally my first colorless pull from his focus banner.

I had Cherche (and the team) eat the Savage Blow hit from the Firesweep on the first turn so that I could smack him with Cherche and back her out on my next turn, leaving Cordelia to murder the red mage.  Leon started the second turn next to Olivia (and out of Panic Ploy) to oneshot the axe flier.  The next turn or two, he spent letting the archer shoot at him while everyone else stayed out of range; here's where Cherche's Fortify Defense almost screwed me; Leon was sitting in Panic Ploy, and the first attack by the enemy archer benefited from a reversed Fortify Defense; Leon survived the second (no stat alterations this turn) with 1 HP.  Meanwhile, Cordelia sat around while Cherche Brave Axe'd the sword-flier reinforcement in the face, killing it thanks to a Bonfire proc.  With Leon at 1 HP, it's time to act.  First, he takes out the Firesweep Lance flier that's moved in to his south, then Olivia lets him finish off the archer (the order of these two doesn't really matter), then Cherche nukes the axe flier that moved in from the top right corner.  At some point during or after this, Cordelia nukes the Sword Cav reinforcement from the bottom left after running out of his attack range so as to not get hit first.  After that, it's Cherche's show; she flies north, just out of the new Red Mage Cav's range, while Cordelia and Leon just get the hell out of dodge.  Once the red mage and the green axe cav move up, Cherche attacks the red cav from the side, and Drag Back places her just within range for a dance from Olivia to let her finish off the Axe Cav.

I felt so good about it.  First time I've beaten a Lunatic GHB without looking at other guides and suggestions.  Loooots of trial and error, and it took quite a while to think of using an archer.  Longer than I care to admit >_>;

Edited by Blaze the Sage
typo

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Panic Ploy doesn't really stop buffs on this map, it just makes then a bit more difficult to use. There's only two units on Infernal who run Panic Ploy, and it's very possible to nuke the second one out of existence before he can make use of it. If you plan ahead and keep your nukes outside the Panic Ploy range, buffs are still pretty usefull.

I'm really intrested in F2P clears of this map though...

And it's even easier if you don't have to think about them at all. Also a reinforcement Horse is running Panic Ploy, just to be precise.

However, it is also one of the reasons why I said that Horses are still one of the most reliable ways, because it fails to stop them and buffs are still easily useable (heck, look at every Reinhardt clear in this thread).

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, there are actually three lol. He might be late to the party, but don't forget about him...

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

And it's even easier if you don't have to think about them at all. Also a reinforcement Horse is running Panic Ploy, just to be precise.

Wait, then who did I miss? I know Valter and a reinforcment red cavalier have it, but was there another one?

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

However, it is also one of the reasons why I said that Horses are still one of the most reliable ways, because it fails to stop them and buffs are still easily useable (heck, look at every Reinhardt clear in this thread).

Fair enough, although one the reasons why Reinhardt is so good in general is that he doesn't need buffs to be good (as oposed to units like Nino and Ursula).

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, there's a Sword Armor with Panic Ploy on Infernal. Spoilers lel.

Huh, completely missed that guy had Panic Ploy, so I was thinking he didn't really add much difficulty to the map :>_<:

Guess I was somehow lucky enough to constantly stay out of his ploy range or something...

Edited by Bartozio

Here's a vid of my Infernal clear, not really for reference or anything since it's expensive af, but just because it felt too good.

Someone in the comments told me they replicated my strat, but Cherche just had Atk +3 instead of DB. I guess that makes this slightly less expensive.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Yowch, Infernal was brutal. Reminded me a bit of the actual chapter from The Sacred Stones that it's based on.

My successful team was

• Delthea: Pretty standard, but with Swordbreaker
  • Bride Cordelia: Brave Bow+
  • Cherche: Brave Axe+
  • Olivia: Ruby Sword, Fury

I'm lazy to retrace my steps, but I mostly huddled in the north-west corner. It took a lot of trial and error before I could survive the middle waves when the fliers start to swarm you.

Cordelia was the main damage dealer, with Delthea KOing some swords and Cherche taking down some of the fliers. Olivia was just there to dance and tank one of the axe fliers when I had nowhere to escape to.

Geez, thinking back, the number and frequency of reinforcements was insane.

My Horse Emblem team is Xander (Hone Cavalry), Camus (Fortify Cavalry), Cecilia (Gronnblade, NOT +) and 4* Olivia (with a vanilla 4* Berkut for TT).

My Blade Emblem is Eirika with the Fortify Res Seal and Rally Defense with Nino, Tharja and either S!Lucina or S!Corrin (both with standard Blarblade).

Apart from Olivia I have a 5* Ninian and my only Lv 40 archers are 5* Faye and 4* Clarisse.

I've heard good things about Corrin and archers, so wanted to know: what is my best team to challenge Valter Lunatic?

(I also have 5* Lucina +1, Hector, Ryoma, Nowi, F!Corrin and 5* Legion for my other heavy hitters, if that helps.)

P.S. I have some 3* Eliwoods and a 3* Jagen to inherit other Cavalry skills from.

Edited by DefyingFates
Jagen, not Gunter.

1 hour ago, Ayaneru said:

Probably the hardest one since Legion, took me a lot of tries due to Panic ploy messed up with buffs, Klein MVP this map.

Unit build : Xander ( Fury 2, QR2, Hone Calv3) , Reinhardt ( DB3, Lancebreaker 2, Fortify Calv3) Klein ( DB3, Swordbreaker 2, Threaten Def 3), Azura

Ayaneru, your Japanese video title says "White Wolf Lloyd" instead of Valter.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

But you'd rather die of happiness then loneliness right? But yeah, maybe you should try to get some more rest or something...

Various uni stresses (I also have prac shortly after the Magvel banner expires). I think, for the most part, it's just not being used to expressing genuine emotion. More rest does sound nice... were it not for the fact I tend to rest by playing games.

Also, I remember hating Chapter 15 in Sacred Stones. The reinforcements were easy, though... and I'm kinda sad we don't get reinforcements.

EDIT: Unrelated, but no one's posted after me yet... this map has been one turned.

Edited by phineas81707

23 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Unrelated, but no one's posted after me yet... this map has been one turned.

Yup, saw it. I knew Galeforce was gonna be mad good on this map, but I didn't think it would look like that lol.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup, saw it. I knew Galeforce was gonna be mad good on this map, but I didn't think it would look like that lol.

I see things like this and think I'd want to do that, but then I remember that Galeforce isn't that great. (I say as I intend for Effie to get it.)

I'm still waiting for someone to beat this without an archer or Reinhardt. Until then, I'm calling bullshit on this map.

At least with Legion, the "required" unit was a bulky red cavalier, which there were 2 given for free (Xander and Stahl), and there was a cap on the maximum number of enemy units.

This map however, has no limit to the number of enemies, and the required units must be pulled from the 4-5* pool. (Brave archer or Reinhardt, really?) Making a map that cannot be completed with free units (as far as I'm aware) and requiring specific pulls to beat is bad map design.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I see things like this and think I'd want to do that, but then I remember that Galeforce isn't that great. (I say as I intend for Effie to get it.)

It's not that great in Arena since everything ends too quickly, but it's definitely good for GHBs and such.

@Korath88 Well, you could slap Brave Bow on Clarisse. Her statline is very similar to Klein's, she just doesn't have his wonderful base kit.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's not that great in Arena since everything ends too quickly, but it's definitely good for GHBs and such.

I think the main thing was that a Tana has it here. I do have the Cordelia, but... the charge time. And I'm not sacrificing Ike, and he prefers the Enemy Phase...

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I'm still waiting for someone to beat this without an archer or Reinhardt. Until then, I'm calling bullshit on this map.

At least with Legion, the "required" unit was a bulky red cavalier, which there were 2 given for free (Xander and Stahl), and there was a cap on the maximum number of enemy units.

This map however, has no limit to the number of enemies, and the required units must be pulled from the 4-5* pool. (Brave archer or Reinhardt, really?) Making a map that cannot be completed with free units (as far as I'm aware) and requiring specific pulls to beat is bad map design.

I mean... I just posted a video of someone beating the map with Leo as the only ranged unit. /s

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The one turn clear strat doesn't use reinhardt or a Brave Bow archer :P

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

I feel like my creativity is dying, also I am trying to build the standard horse emblem with Reinhardt replace Ursula. I hope this team (5*Reinhardt, 5*Xander, 5*Camus and 4*Cecila) can beat lunatic.

12 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The one turn clear strat doesn't use reinhardt or a Brave Bow archer :P

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I think the main thing was that a Tana has it here. I do have the Cordelia, but... the charge time. And I'm not sacrificing Ike, and he prefers the Enemy Phase...

I mean... I just posted a video of someone beating the map with Leo as the only ranged unit. /s

Instead requiring a 5* exclusive and heavy SI. My point still stands.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Instead requiring a 5* exclusive and heavy SI. My point still stands.

Three 5* exclusives, one of which is only available on one banner, 5* exclusive skills... those units are all +10s, too...

Neither of us were serious.

Since i pulled 2 Gordins two days ago, I gave a brave bow (without +) to my Jeorge (5* +ATK-SPD, ATK2, WoM1, Moonbow), but neither he nor my Reinhardt (5* +RES-DEF, DB2, Lancebreaker 2) can kill the infernal red mage or the archer without help. Therefore i can't do what everybody else seems to be doing (strong archer + Reinardt + 2 dancer) ...

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Since i pulled 2 Gordins two days ago, I gave a brave bow (without +) to my Jeorge (5* +ATK-SPD, ATK2, WoM1, Moonbow), but neither he nor my Reinhardt (5* +RES-DEF, DB2, Lancebreaker 2) can kill the infernal red mage or the archer without help. Therefore i can't do what everybody else seems to be doing (strong archer + Reinardt + 2 dancer) ...

My Reinhardt is also +Res -Def, but he has Fury instead of DB2, and he can ORKO the Red Mage with a Hone Atk.