Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY FUCK what a GHB

As ussual Pseudo Horse Emblemed with the help of Etrurian Scum. If you have Archer i really suggest using it, with Lancebreaker. Breaks the Map if its on the ballpark of Klein

I've made so much revision to the point at i SI'd LUNGE on Camus without remembering what the fuck its supposed to do. Triangle Adept Xander is used because turns out Klein is SUCH a good unit that the difference fury could have made is gone. Vantage Xander is used to handle some red Magi. The rest of the map is Klein Emblem. Used Arthur SI on Klein because i just know Swap would be amazing and turns out it did

list of stupid shit in this map:

50/30/30 bulk enemies ALL GAME. WTF IS

PASS. RED. MAGE. FUCK YOU

HORSE RED MAGE ON BOTTOM WTSHIT

33 Speed Sword Horse after Wind Boost with 50+ HP

TIL: WHY THE FUCK DID PANIC HALVES YOUR PROC DAMAGE? REALLY NOW?

Edited by JSND

28 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My Reinhardt is also +Res -Def, but he has Fury instead of DB2, and he can ORKO the Red Mage with a Hone Atk.

My first idea was to do the map without hones because of the 3 panic ploys. Who do you use to kill the archer? In lunatic my buffed S!Camilla could take care of him. 

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Found the clear I was looking for, but I don't have a 5* Clarisse.

Oh well, maybe I'll get it during the rerun. (Why does this happen with every reinforcement GHB?)

I like how Robin is blocking all those red units at the narrow gap. More reason for me to promote him one day to 5* ... 

3 hours ago, Ayaneru said:

Probably the hardest one since Legion, took me a lot of tries due to Panic ploy messed up with buffs, Klein MVP this map.

Unit build : Xander ( Fury 2, QR2, Hone Calv3) , Reinhardt ( DB3, Lancebreaker 2, Fortify Calv3) Klein ( DB3, Swordbreaker 2, Threaten Def 3), Azura

I tried your strata, while substituting a little (Rein -> Olwen+2/ Klein -> Bridelia and mine Xander has fury 1 and no bonfire yet), it works fine, but than Valter decide go toward Xander instead Bridelia by turn 4 and mess it whole for me. Is it because less fury buffed stats?

Edited by Tenzen12

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My first idea was to do the map without hones because of the 3 panic ploys. Who do you use to kill the archer? In lunatic my buffed S!Camilla could take care of him. 

Brave Axe+ Cherche got em. The video of my clear is listed on the second post on the first page.

The Panic Ploy only get you sometimes. Having buffs for the other turns is worth more than not having to care about Panic Ploy, since you can just play around the debuff.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How on earth am I supposed to do this? There are WAY too many enemies. Can't reinforcements go back to spawning when there is actually room on the map for them? Four vs eight is not fair REEEEEE

Then just kill them faster then they spawn :P

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm using my full buffer Eirika, Blarblade S!Corrin, 4* Olivia and Faye with Brave Bow. I can get to Turn 6 on Lunatic but no further. Any advice, please?

It doesn't really tell us much when you only say what turn you can reach, especially if it's as far as turn 6, since's there are a million different situations you could find yourself in.

For some general tips:

It didn't feel like most enemies were that hard to kill individually to me, so maybe Erikia is a bit overkill. You could try replacing her with another nuke. S!Corrin is a very good nuke on flyer emblem, but since you're clearly not running that, do you perhaps have better options for a BlarBlade mage?

Other then that, can you say what units are giving you trouble, who you have trouble killing, what hopeless positions you end up in, etc? That might make it a bit easier to help you. (You don't nececairly need to tell all that, but some more information would help).

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I tried your strata, while substituting a little (Rein -> Olwen+2/ Klein -> Bridelia and mine Xander has fury 1 and no bonfire yet), it works fine, but than Valter decide go toward Xander instead Bridelia. Is it because less fury buffed stats?

How much Speed does your Bridelia have? My guess is that Valter can double and kill Klein with no chance of counterattack, but can't one-shot or double Bridelia. Meanwhile, Xander is low enough in health to be killed.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

She has 38 speed, but with 36 hp and 14 defense (LoD) he should be able one-shot her even without doubling, shouldn't he?. 

You answered before my edit so If you would willing provide more advice, I will point it was enemy phase by turn 4.

Edited by Tenzen12

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

How much Speed does your Bridelia have? My guess is that Valter can double and kill Klein with no chance of counterattack, but can't one-shot or double Bridelia. Meanwhile, Xander is low enough in health to be killed.

Klein does get doubled by Valt without anything. 38 SPD vs what 29. 34 with LnD but Valt does OHKO Klein as my 4* Klein can attest

@GuiltyLove Olivia is the best Dancer though

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I don't have archers lol

I have ONE Dancer: Olivia

Not like I ever used a different dancer in GHB's.

Do you not have any archers, or just no 5* ones? Considering how good they are here, even 4* ones might be worthwhile.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Not like I ever used a different dancer in GHB's.

Do you not have any archers, or just no 5* ones? Considering how good they are here, even 4* ones might be worthwhile.

I have a crappy 4* Jeorge

No other archer

There is no way he can ORKO any of the enemies on Infernal

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Brave Axe+ Cherche got em. The video of my clear is listed on the second post on the first page.

The Panic Ploy only get you sometimes. Having buffs for the other turns is worth more than not having to care about Panic Ploy, since you can just play around the debuff.

With a buff and DB2 my Reinardt also can reach 48 ATK, perhaps i'll give that a try. What probably will give me trouble reproducing your strategy will be Cherche: Mine is 4* +2 +ATK -DEF, but has only Brave Axe (without +) and ATK3 (no DB yet). 

Just now, Bartozio said:

Then just kill them faster then they spawn :P

It doesn't really tell us much when you only say what turn you can reach, especially if it's as far as turn 6, since's there are a million different situations you could find yourself in.

For some general tips:

It didn't feel like most enemies were that hard to kill individually to me, so maybe Erikia is a bit overkill. You could try replacing her with another nuke. S!Corrin is a very good nuke on flyer emblem, but since you're clearly not running that, do you perhaps have better options for a BlarBlade mage?

Other then that, can you say what units are giving you trouble, who you have trouble killing, what hopeless positions you end up in, etc? That might make it a bit easier to help you. (You don't nececairly need to tell all that, but some more information would help).

I have S!Lucina with Blarblade but I picked Corrin mainly so she can go to the corner (first square on the left, 3rd row) and bait the red mage without getting hit by the Firesweep Lance), but I'll make the switch if need be (now that you mention it there are quite a few archers on the map...)

As for Eirika, maybe I just have terrible IVs but I've noticed having her around makes it easier to kill enemies in one hit. I haven't had luck with other sword units but I'll try some stuff out.

---

As for what happens to me, usually one of two things:

1. I try to gather everyone up in the top left corner to get buffed by Eirika and end up surrounded, with either the Panic Ploy Cavalier killing Corrin or the Axe Flier that spawns in the top right doubling and killing Faye.

2. I end up getting my team divided to avoid getting swarmed (Eirika and Corrin by the left entrance, the others on the right entrance) and Faye gets overwhelmed by melee units anyway.

I tried using Hector to act as a shield but he gets killed by axes.

I also keep forgetting about Panic Ploy, which is silly but gets my units nerfed and ready to be slaughtered (another reason why 2 happens - which is daft, I know :P)

In my aforementioned "Turn 6" example, I managed to kill Valter and was on the final round of reinforcements (I think - no one spawned on my last turn) but miscalculated and got Faye killed by that flier.

I noticed my 4* Clarisse has better stats than Faye save a lower Res, which doesn't seem too bad since Valter doesn't have many mages so am currently getting her SP up to learn Brave Bow as well.

---

I guess screenshots would be best but does this help?

Just now, mampfoid said:

With a buff and DB2 my Reinardt also can reach 48 ATK, perhaps i'll give that a try. What probably will give me trouble reproducing your strategy will be Cherche: Mine is 4* +2 +ATK -DEF, but has only Brave Axe (without +) and ATK3 (no DB yet). 

Uh, yeah. Some of those kills were cutting it kinda close with Cherche, and Hit and Run is also mandatory. I'd go for a different approach if you don't have my exact Cherche.