Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

18 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It didn't feel like most enemies were that hard to kill individually to me, so maybe Erikia is a bit overkill. You could try replacing her with another nuke. S!Corrin is a very good nuke on flyer emblem, but since you're clearly not running that, do you perhaps have better options for a BlarBlade mage?

S Corrin didn't work lol

Some reds got killed and then two greens spawned next to her which were impossible to kill even with a red. They have high Res! Even if I use Palla, she's not fast enough to ORKO. I need something else

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVERMIND I BEAT INFERNAL.

Reinforcements can kiss my ass. I can't believe I stalled the whole damn thing out lol. The turning point came when I realised that Xander's stupid bulk could tank a hit from the firesweep flier.

Edited by Korath88

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Uh, yeah. Some of those kills were cutting it kinda close with Cherche, and Hit and Run is also mandatory. I'd go for a different approach if you don't have my exact Cherche.

Since your Cherche doesn't leave anyone alive, drag back would suffice. Mine also wouldn't survive a hit by the red knight. Perhaps i will have to try some horse team compositions. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Since your Cherche doesn't leave anyone alive, drag back would suffice. Mine also wouldn't survive a hit by the red knight. Perhaps i will have to try some horse team compositions. 

Not super relevant to the vid (since the only time Drag Back vs Hit and Run difference comes out doesn't matter), but if the enemy cannot move into the tile you're dragging them into, Drag Back still won't work even if you get the kill, if I'm correct. Someone should chime in if I'm wrong though.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not super relevant to the vid (since the only time Drag Back vs Hit and Run difference comes out doesn't matter), but if the enemy cannot move into the tile you're dragging them into, Drag Back still won't work even if you get the kill, if I'm correct. Someone should chime in if I'm wrong though.

I never paid attention to that, perhaps i will try it later to be sure. My Cordelia changed recently from drag back to H'n'R. 

With the arena orbs to come, i'll will try to summon Innes tomorrow. I guess he would be a great help on this map. 

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I have S!Lucina with Blarblade but I picked Corrin mainly so she can go to the corner (first square on the left, 3rd row) and bait the red mage without getting hit by the Firesweep Lance), but I'll make the switch if need be (now that you mention it there are quite a few archers on the map...)

As for Eirika, maybe I just have terrible IVs but I've noticed having her around makes it easier to kill enemies in one hit. I haven't had luck with other sword units but I'll try some stuff out.

---

As for what happens to me, usually one of two things:

1. I try to gather everyone up in the top left corner to get buffed by Eirika and end up surrounded, with either the Panic Ploy Cavalier killing Corrin or the Axe Flier that spawns in the top right doubling and killing Faye.

2. I end up getting my team divided to avoid getting swarmed (Eirika and Corrin by the left entrance, the others on the right entrance) and Faye gets overwhelmed by melee units anyway.

I tried using Hector to act as a shield but he gets killed by axes.

I also keep forgetting about Panic Ploy, which is silly but gets my units nerfed and ready to be slaughtered (another reason why 2 happens - which is daft, I know :P)

In my aforementioned "Turn 6" example, I managed to kill Valter and was on the final round of reinforcements (I think - no one spawned on my last turn) but miscalculated and got Faye killed by that flier.

I noticed my 4* Clarisse has better stats than Faye save a lower Res, which doesn't seem too bad since Valter doesn't have many mages so am currently getting her SP up to learn Brave Bow as well.

---

I guess screenshots would be best but does this help?

This certainly helps.

It's not super important to bait and kill an enemy on the first turn, since they'll come to you anyway. It doesn't hurt to have to deal with one less of course. :P

Erika's nature shouldn't matter to much, since she's mainly there as a buff bot, but the problem is that it leaves you with only three attacks from your nukes in PP, instead of three. Olivia can also give your units attack buffs and I generally felt that was enough buffs for most units. I used different units though, so maybe yours really need those extra buffs.

I personally retreated to the left corner as well, but I managed to nuke the Panic Ploy cavelier the moment he arrived with Reinhard, which helps a lot. Maybe your S!Corrin (or anyone you replace her with if you do) could do the same thing?

After that, you want to reunite with the rest of your team as fast as possible, and occupy the left corner while killig everything that comes close. That was my general strategy at least, hope it works for you as well.

Hope that helped a bit.

Also, more in general, here's a free unit clear from Brotel:

Got really nervous from hearing here how hard it was... and then proceeded to clear Lunatic second try without adjusting my team at all. (To be fair though I don't think Infernal's my cup of tea, I won't be doing that one unless I get bored or something.)

Used a team of Setsuna/Azura/Reinhardt/Nino, all 5*. It's fairly SI-heavy (Setsuna especially - Brave Bow+, Life and Death, the works) and uses multiple s-tier units (though I think Azura could switch with Olivia), so I'm not going to post it right now. If anybody thinks it could help, though, let me know and I'll post a play-by-play of my strategy.

I had to take a couple of retries because of positioning errors for Infernal, but I managed to beat it using Brave Cherche and Reinhardt with 2 dancers. 

54 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

From using a Drag Back Hinoka, I can confirm that Drag Back won't activate if it would drag the enemy on a tile they can't pass through.

Edited by LuxSpes

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@JSND Would you please share the stats/skills of your Klein? 

4* Klein with SI from 4* Arthur(Swap, Lancebreaker). I think Seals is ATK

The nature should be +SPD/-HP after checking it. As long as it isn't -ATK the result shouldn't differ much

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I had to take a couple of retries because of positioning errors for Infernal, but I managed to beat it using Brave Cherche and Reinhardt with 2 dancers. 

From using a Draw Back Hinoka, I can confirm that Drag Back won't activate if it would drag the enemy on a tile they can't pass through.

Thanks for clarifying.

Ayy lmao we did the same thing for this GHB. What did your clear look like?

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Brave Cherche would’ve been good… if I had a brave axe+ to give to her. My five-star Cherche is also not of the ideal nature (+Res, −Def).
I’ve got a three-star +Atk, −Spd Cherche and a four-star neutral one, but still, no brave axe+.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Ayy lmao we did the same thing for this GHB.

I was thinking of using Bridelia, but Reinhardt's 3 mov and Cherche's ability to pass over the cliffs were much more valuable on this map. 

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

5* Cherche?

Yeah. I promoted her just for this GHB.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Brave Cherche would’ve been good… if I had a brave axe+ to give to her. My five-star Cherche is also not of the ideal nature (+Res, −Def).
I’ve got a three-star +Atk, −Spd Cherche and a four-star neutral one, but still, no brave axe+.

Why do you have a +Res -Def 5* Cherche?

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I was thinking of using Bridelia, but Reinhardt's 3 mov and Cherche's ability to pass over the cliffs were much more valuable on this map. 

Did you have to rely on Wings of Mercy like I did?

Apparently someone actually used my vid for reference, and told me that Atk +3 is good enough for Cherche. Huh.

I beat hard just fine, but I don't know how I'm going to do lunatic. That's just a LOT of reinforcements. I wish IS wouldn't keep using these for GHBs. And why doesn't killing Valter stop them like it did with Legion? That's dumb too, imo.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I beat hard just fine, but I don't know how I'm going to do lunatic. That's just a LOT of reinforcements. I wish IS wouldn't keep using these for GHBs. And why doesn't killing Valter stop them like it did with Legion? That's dumb too, imo.

I'm pretty sure killing Legion didn't stop the reinforcements though.

Which one would you need to kill anyway...