Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just defeated Lunatic and boy did it take me a while to figure out what to do.

Units used: Gray (+atk/-res, Zanbato+, Swap (only used once), Glimmer, Wind Boost, Vantage, and Threaten def 

Klein (+atk/-hp, Brave Bow+, Death Blow, QR)

Roderick (+Hp/-atk, Firesweep Lance+, Rally Defense, New Moon, Hp +4, Drag Back, Drive def 2)

Olivia: Only there for dancer support

32 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I only did Hard and will wait for a Lunatic and Infernal run video with free units. I tried Lunatic only to realize I suck at life. 

You are too hard on yourself, I mean look at all our clears, we all suck. We all need Braves to succeed, coz we have no skill and IS doesn't even want us to develop some.

59 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I only did Hard and will wait for a Lunatic and Infernal run video with free units. I tried Lunatic only to realize I suck at life. 

Lunatic free clear is already out:

4* Xander, Clarisse, Olivia, 3* Donnel

5 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Gordin's not gonna cut it against the mages. I gave him some consideration, myself, and he just doesn't have enough Atk. Even as a +Atk with Hone Atk 3, he's got all of 43. Most of the mages 22 Def, though one has 25 Def. This makes them borderline 4HKO from him. This map really is about how fast you can burst the enemies down. Bring 2-3 nukers and fill the rest of the slots with refreshers. Trying to bring a healer here, even with a decent mixed-defense wall, is just going to get them killed.

Of course he's not going to cut it against the mages; of the archers, he has the third-lowest resistance while being the slowest tied with Faye who is actually slower if both are -Spd since her speed drops by 4 instead of 3.  Another thing is that the first red mage has Bowbreaker. The only other unit who appears with Bowbreaker is a sword cavalier on turn 4, but he can't counter back.

Gordin works if you only need someone to wipe out all the flyers and in terms of attack, as long as Panic Ploy doesn't effect him, the flyers should be dead because of him. His base attack is the same as Klein's, but Klein has Death Blow 3 instead of Attack +3 and speed, but aside from the cavaliers and the sword knight who has Wary Fighter, most of the units have +30 speed, so even Klein wouldn't be able to double some of the units without a -breaker or speed buffs. If you consider the two units with Bowbreaker, then either they need someone else to deal with them, especially the red mage who will ORKO them unless 5* Klein is +Res or has a HP +3 seal since the red mage has 44 attack and neutral 5* Klein has 40 HP and 24 resistance, meaning the red mage will do 20x2, or they need to have someone else chip them, so they can finish them.

Anyway, there are 3 red mages. The first infantry mage has 52 HP, 22 defense and Bowbreaker, the second infantry mage has Fury 3 giving them 25 defense, and the last is a red mounted mage with 46 HP and 22 defense. At a minimum, you need 51 total attack to 2HKO the toughest red mage and 48 for the first infantry and 45 for the red mounted mage. The only way Gordin and Klein (and Virion) can reach 51 total attack is if they're +Atk and 5* units with Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, and +4 attack from a Hone or Spur. +Atk 4* Gordin and Klein fall short against the first red mage with Brave Bow, Death Blow 3, and +4 attack buff giving them 46 -- =Atk 5* would have 45 total attack --, but at least they can deal with the red mounted red mage. Using someone with a Brave Lance would probably be an easier way to deal with them.

The worst part about this map is that the majority of the units, the flyers, have +33 speed with some of them having 39 speed. You are not going to double them and they will probably double and kill anything they touch who doesn't have WTA against them and very high defense. Brave Bow is a necessity, but most Brave Bow archers won't have enough attack against the mages who are also fast since they all have +31 speed, so Brave Lance is useful or you could use R Tomebreaker, but Brave Lance is also useful for finishing off the cavaliers who have high resistance, but average to low defense. And then there's that guy: the sword knight with Pivot who looms over you. This map is really fun.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Found this video on how to clear Valter's infernal map using common units. That said, apparently Donnel having 33 defense is important in manipulating the AI, and I think Gordin also needs to be +atk? (Also will probably not work with Klein because Klein is too frail.)

-Def Gordin work since he'd have less defense than =Def Donnel who I gave a Squad Ace B seal (+1 defense) just in case, but that leads to a different issue where the sword knight follows Gordin instead of Ursula after you kill Valter which means Gordin gets effected by Panic Ploy and the knight is just a pain in the butt to deal with since he one-shots -Def Gordin and Olivia and Donnel does no damage to him without attack buffs. I tried to make it so the knight follows Ursula, but that makes it so Gordin can't reach the flyers who are coming from the top.

Someone mentioned that -Atk 4* Gordin works if you give him Lancebreaker, but they also used Ephraim with Brave Lance instead of Donnel. I have no idea how they completed it. Someone else even replaced Ursula with Mathilda and got it to work.

I tried it with +Spd, -Def 4* Gordin having an Attack +1 which is enough to finish off the lance cavalier if Ursula has Death Blow 2 instead of dropping down to Death Blow 1 like in Ventus's video. I'm pretty sure that's going to lead to an issue with the archer, but I'm not sure since I never made it after the axe cavalier spawns since either the sword knight follows Gordin if I follow Ventus's strategy exactly or I get stuck where Gordin can't cover Ursula or Olivia because he had to move to a spot where he can't reach the flyers. Oh well.

For those wondering, +Spd, -Def Gordin is the best Gordin I have despite being the first Gordin I got. EVERY Gordin that appeared after him was -Atk for some twisted reason.

Edited by Kaden

Valter's lunatic map made me burn through 8 stamina potions, and I've yet to beat it. Lol.

(Good thing I got 60 potions still)

Edit: I've spent more than 1 hour on this map in one session. Either this map is really hard, or I haven't been playing Heroes that much.

Edited by Falcom

9 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Valter's lunatic map made me burn through 8 stamina potions, and I've yet to beat it. Lol.

(Good thing I got 60 potions still)

Edit: I've spent more than 1 hour on this map in one session. Either this map is really hard, or I haven't been playing Heroes that much.

Try looking through Youtube to see if anyone has a strategy for your units that you have. I manage to get through lunatic by swapping some units to those who I have such as swapping Clarisse with Takumi.

I have 109 stamina potion sitting around with more in the rewards not yet claimed, lol.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

With the damage he takes from fury and his lance: wouldn't he arrive directly in vantage range after 1 attack? Seems useful to me. 

Yeah, that's a thing, though limited in use honestly. Even Tempest and GHBs are placing emphasis on ORKOs now, and Valter has trouble doing so without QR.

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

You are too hard on yourself, I mean look at all our clears, we all suck. We all need Braves to succeed, coz we have no skill and IS doesn't even want us to develop some.

Can't be helped. It's a character flaw of mine. Still, from what I've seen so far, F2P people have their work cut out for them with this Infernal map. Well, this is IS' way of making sure not too many people get free Panic Ploy fodder. 

@video: I'm training a 4* Donnel just for this map. He'll certainly be useful for future GHBs as well as having another LV40 lance unit that isn't Ephraim or Berkut since my Tana is still in training. 

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lunatic free clear is already out:

4* Xander, Clarisse, Olivia, 3* Donnel

PSA for people using this method

5 star Xander and 4 star Donnel will work. But you must unequip Donnel's HP +5 skill. Beyond that, pay close attention to what skills he has equipped on Xander and Clarisse. Clarisse can do all this with Poison strike 1 or 2, but 3 sounds no good according to comments. And Xander needs his base skill set, so take off the siegfried. My Olivia was decked out with skills, including ruby sword, and that didn't seem to change the AI.

7 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Try looking through Youtube to see if anyone has a strategy for your units that you have. I manage to get through lunatic by swapping some units to those who I have such as swapping Clarisse with Takumi.

I have 109 stamina potion sitting around with more in the rewards not yet claimed, lol.

That's pretty much a last resort for me, but I'm probably gonna do it anyways cause I'm exhausted.

Also wow. I thought many people would use up all their stamina potions rather than hoard them (certainly wasn't expecting someone with 109).

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Enemies are so fast and durable that only guaranteed two-hit attacks have any chance of killing them fast enough. Even the free clears keep using Donnel for his Brave Lance.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

40 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

PSA for people using this method

5 star Xander and 4 star Donnel will work. But you must unequip Donnel's HP +5 skill. Beyond that, pay close attention to what skills he has equipped on Xander and Clarisse. Clarisse can do all this with Poison strike 1 or 2, but 3 sounds no good according to comments. And Xander needs his base skill set, so take off the siegfried. My Olivia was decked out with skills, including ruby sword, and that didn't seem to change the AI.

That's odd. I did this strategy earlier today with 5* Xander with his 4* skills: Silver Sword, Armored Blow 2, and Spur Def 2, 4* Donnel without HP +5 equipped, and 4* Clarisse with all of her 4* default skills equipped, so, Poison Strike 3 was equipped, and nothing was different in how the enemy reacted compared to Brotel's video from what I remember. Also, couldn't find any comments about Poison Strike other than a dude saying Poison Strike 2 works and that was that.

I beat Lunatic with my Lord Eliwood, Reindhart, Cordelia, and Olivia.

Eliwood with a Hone Cavalry Reindhart manages to survive the Archer and Hammer Flier, and kill it in return because of Axebreaker.
Reindhart with Lancebreaker 1 manages to kill every single Lance units that appeared, and whittled down Axe units so that Eliwood can OHKO them.
Cordelia kills off every Red units. Simple but effectively.
Olivia dances to help everyone pick off more units.

Tried to play Infernal. Eliwood gets doubled by that Archer instead... literally almost everyone can pick off my units.

Went looking for Infernal videos that might be more viable for what I have and found this one with Xander/Reinhardt/Olivia/Azura. (Olivia is 4*, the rest are 5*.)

I'm missing some of the skills, especially Wings of Mercy, but I have a lot of extra Pallas and Wings of Mercy 1 looks like it should be enough for this. Not sure if I want to bother spending the 2k feathers in inheriting Wings of Mercy 2 as well though.

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I don't remember using any braves in my infernal run. (Mostly because I didn't have any lol)

It's possible, but much harder and convoluted.

Ah, damn. They're going to have reinforcements on all GHB from now on aren't they? I really don't like the idea. 

Beat Lunatic on my own (with Klein, Camus, Xander & Olivia) but I'm going to need some inspiration (help) with Infernal. I'll try again tomorrow and give better players some time to figure out strategies. 

Edited by Vince777

Oof, this will be the first Infernal GHB I haven't been able to beat on the first day, and I used up several stamina potions.  I tried to replicate the 4* Olivia/Gordin/Donnel/Ursula strat here, but apparently Donnel needs to be +Def for the Archer to move up rather than to the side. 

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, apparently Donnel having 33 defense is important in manipulating the AI

Yeah, with my Donny being +Atk and not +Def the sword knight moved left, not right, and blocked the path towards Valter.

I got the Infernal strategy to work! Only needed to inherit from one 3* Palla, too.

Followed the video for the first few turns, but had to start splitting off around three turns in. The enemy movement was a bit different so the armor ended up in the wrong spot, so Reinhardt couldn't kill both it and the archer safely, so I had him just kill the archer and leave the armor. The next turn things got even more complicated because using Ninian rather than Azura meant the sword flier didn't take enough damage on the counterattack, so Xander couldn't finish it off. Did some dancing and Repositioning to clear out the immediate area, getting Xander and Reinhardt moving down towards the lower right while Azura and Olivia stayed back and Olivia fended off the axe flier. The next turn, Xander and Reinhardt finished moving all the way down and the two dancers teleported in to help Reinhardt one-round the armor, the red tome cav, and Valter all in one turn. That just left four enemies and no more reinforcements, which was easy enough to clean up: Xander tanked the axes and Reinhardt blasted the reds, and then it was over.

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_ov2lruV1eI1sn35pqo4_400.png

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Went looking for Infernal videos that might be more viable for what I have and found this one with Xander/Reinhardt/Olivia/Azura. (Olivia is 4*, the rest are 5*.)

SNIP

I'm missing some of the skills, especially Wings of Mercy, but I have a lot of extra Pallas and Wings of Mercy 1 looks like it should be enough for this. Not sure if I want to bother spending the 2k feathers in inheriting Wings of Mercy 2 as well though.

This strategy is pretty solid. I haven't been feeling the best, so I was looking for something relatively easy to steal borrow. So thanks for this! If I'm feeling better I may try something else later on. 

I got pretty close to beating Infernal using my flier team, but I don't feel like wasting stamina right now. lol

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I just beat hard for now, after the TT are over I'm going to win Lunatic and Infernal. From what I've seen a good archer makes this map a lot easier, it seems the time for my +Spd Klein has come.

In the end I ended up lying, I got some time to spare and used my arena feathers to promote Klein to 5*, and he ended up breaking Lunatic and Infernal under his knee. I used him, Reinhardt, Olivia and Ike. While the map reduces itself to "Reinhardt kills the red mages and some cavswhile Klein takes care of flyers and slow cavs" something important is that Ike needs to kill 2 green pegs on the right side of the map (he needs axebreaker to double and kill them). Oh well, maybe I'll try something to see if Eirika can kill Valter on Lunatic for the lulz.

I make my video of Lunatic, still need to try Infernal, but I already now that I will not beat it...

Anyway here is Lunatic, with Olivia, Xander, Camus and Bridelia. Bridelia only has Luna as inheritance and the +spd seal (idk if she needed it for this, she has it already before I started the map). I think any other speedy archer can take her place (except if you want the buffs)

Edited by SniperGYS

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, with my Donny being +Atk and not +Def the sword knight moved left, not right, and blocked the path towards Valter.

Olivia's defense also seems to be important as well to this map. My 4-star Olivia is +res -def (which puts her at 21 defense) and the knight moved left as well. When I tried doing the map with Ninian, who has 23 defense, the knight's AI behaved as the video did ... and then a red pegasus knight reinforcement behaved in a way that it was not supposed to.

I can solve my issues with some defense+3 inheritance, at the very least ...