Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No, only DB2. Also, is Moonbow preferable compared to Draconic Aura? I tried both and didn’t notice significant diffierence.

Ineed to try again to see how low she gets because I forgot I had TA3 on her. Still I doubt it would change much.

He then jumps all over the battlefield like a madman with Pivot, being obnoxious and blocking me from everything.

I haven't tried Draconic Aura, but I think the increased cooldown could mean he won't have his special charged when he needs it. If that turns out to not be an issue, it might add some important extra damage, though, which could help deal with the lack of Goad Cavalry. Might require doing things in different orders or something, I'm not sure.

If you replace TA3 with LaD1, I think it should work, since she isn't +HP or +Def. Although that does require giving up LaD fodder for probably just this one map. If she's -Def, LaD shouldn't even be necessary.

Hmm. Is it possible to kill him earlier, like in the video? I don't know if there's a way to do that without messing up Reinhardt's positioning, though. Where does he block you off?

@SatsumaFSoysoy Already tried that one: my Donny is not +Def, and my Gordin is −Def; this messes up the AI and lets the enemies kill them.

@Othin: Ninian’s −Res. I do have a three-star Zephiel  and a half-dozen three-star Hanas, I might use either for L&D1. He gets in my way when the lance and sword pegasi are on the last sliver of HP and Valter started moving up. Then a cavalier (sword? lance? I don’t remember) comes and yeah.

Edited by Vaximillian

12 hours ago, Korath88 said:

I don't remember using any braves in my infernal run. (Mostly because I didn't have any lol)

It's possible, but much harder and convoluted.

Indeed a more remarkable achievement, though the use of horsies is still tainting it for me. Nevertheless, yes, a clear without any braves is, at the very least, noteworthy.

Finally did all three maps today, been barely having much time to play Feh the past week (rip tempest rewards). Used the Rein +Brave bow strats most people recommended:

5* Rein, 5* Xander, 4* Klein and 4* Olivia. Used Klein, because I didn't want to inherit Brave Bow to another archer. He is hilariously vanilla(base kit) but still did the job of shooting down peg knights very well!

This map... The only thing I can think of is replacing Ursula with Linde and giving Linde Desperation 3 and a Speed +1 seal. Ursula with Blarblade+ might work, but I don't want to risk Ploy skills ruining that. Linde would be able to handle the red mages with only the Fury infantry mage escaping being doubled by her -- +3 speed buff would let her double, though -- and if I can get her to fight the first red mage, then she takes 9 damage and drops to Desperation 3 range which would let her nuke the archer as well. Without being in Desperation, the archer does 34 damage to her putting her at 1 HP.

The only problem would be other than movement differences between Linde and Ursula is the axe cavalier. Both Linde and 4* Ursula with Blarwolf can 2RKO the lance cavalier and Linde can ORKO the sword cavalier even if she's in range of an Attack Ploy. Linde does 4x2 with a +4 attack buff against the axe cavalier which with Dragonic Aura, would take her 4 rounds to KO and for Gordin, 3 rounds to KO him without Axebreaker which would drop it to 2 rounds. Both get ORKO'd in return if they fail to take him out and he's in range.

It would have to be something like Gordin, Linde, Olivia, and someone else. Gordin pretty much has to stay for the fliers, Linde for the reasons above, and Olivia's basically a necessity. Maybe Xander with Quick Riposte?

Edited by Kaden

I only got around to do the map today but found them fairly easy. Used the same team of Klein, Olivia, Cordelia and Nino for all difficulty. Mostly Klein killed fliers (and thanks to tanking the archer, triggered Oliva's WoM early for great mobility), Cordelia took down red units and Repo-ed people, Olivia blocked and killed an axe cavalry once, and Nino killed Valter and finished off that archer (and used draw back once).

Edited by salinea

41 minutes ago, Kaden said:

This map... The only thing I can think of is replacing Ursula with Linde and giving Linde Desperation 3 and a Speed +1 seal. Ursula with Blarblade+ might work, but I don't want to risk Ploy skills ruining that. Linde would be able to handle the red mages with only the Fury infantry mage escaping being doubled by her -- +3 speed buff would let her double, though -- and if I can get her to fight the first red mage, then she takes 9 damage and drops to Desperation 3 range which would let her nuke the archer as well. Without being in Desperation, the archer does 34 damage to her putting her at 1 HP.

The only problem would be other than movement differences between Linde and Ursula is the axe cavalier. Both Linde and 4* Ursula with Blarwolf can 2RKO the lance cavalier and Linde can ORKO the sword cavalier even if she's in range of an Attack Ploy. Linde does 4x2 with a +4 attack buff against the axe cavalier which with Dragonic Aura, would take her 4 rounds to KO and for Gordin, 3 rounds to KO him without Axebreaker which would drop it to 2 rounds. Both get ORKO'd in return if they fail to take him out and he's in range.

It would have to be something like Gordin, Linde, Olivia, and someone else. Gordin pretty much has to stay for the fliers, Linde for the reasons above, and Olivia's basically a necessity. Maybe Xander with Quick Riposte?

Xander's pretty solid. If he doesn't work out with the comp, I think you could also consider a green unit if you have one, since there's quite a few blue lances on the map too. 

I finished Infernal today and because I'm not a proud man, I used 5* Rein, 5* Bride Cordelia, Azura, and Olivia.  Azura and Olivia only danced/singed as you might expect.  The only hard part was keeping everyone out of harms way at the end of a round since those units could mostly one-shot any of the four.

I think any decent brave bow user could sub in for Cordelia though.

Brave Bow+/Lancebreaker Faye strikes again. Team of:

• 5* +HP/-Def Faye (+2): Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Chilling Wind, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Threaten Def 3
  • 5* +Atk/-Spd Sophia (+1): Rauðrraven+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Speed 3
  • 5* +Spd/-HP Azura (+0): Sapphire Lance+, Sing, [No Special], Spd +3, [No B Passive], [No C Passive]
  • 5* +Atk/-Spd Tana (+0): Vidofnir, [No Assist], New Moon, Spd/Def 2, [No B Passive], Guidance

cleared Infernal 'cause Guidance is hilarious.

A battle in pictures (& words):

Spoiler

I took Fortify Res off of Azura because it was just easier that way. Basically, if you give Faye, Sophia, or both the +4 Res buff, the Red Mage will go after Sophia instead of Faye on T1, given Sophia's T1 placement. There's a way to just give it to Tana and use smart movement and Sing to get to the same ending T1 positioning, but I didn't even realize it until I had already done the battle & taken the screenshots so...whoops. 

Starting placements:

Spoiler

A21quLX.jpg

T1: Sophia moved into the range of the Axe Flier and Bow Fighter.

Spoiler

VCSzsX8.jpg

On the EP, Sophia gets attacked and dishes out some damage to the Bow Fighter. The Lance Cav and Red Mage move toward Faye. The Lance Flier arrives.

T2: Faye's Threaten Def drops the Lance Cav's Def enough to land a 4HKO. Azura then Sings Faye so she can move down and 2HKO the Red Mage with Chilling Wind (literally the only reason I switched out Iceberg for Chilling Wind: to have a special to nail the Red Mage with. She falls short of KO damage otherwise). Sophia steps back and hits the Axe Flier with Dragon Fang. Tana watches.

Spoiler

CuNfZtc.jpg

On the EP, Sophia gets attacked again, KOing the Bow Fighter on the counter. More reinforcements come from the north.

Spoiler

e3XqoCL.png

T3: Here's where it gets more fun. After Faye moves two spaces to the right to KO the Axe Flier, Tana moves down, allowing Azura to Guidance-warp and use Sing on Faye. Faye relieves Valter of his life, and Sophia ends the turn by warping to Tana's left.

Spoiler

neVci8I.jpg

On the EP: Tana and Faye get attacked by the Sword and Lance Fliers. Lancebreaker keeps Faye alive. The Sword Cav and (Brave) Axe Flier spawn.

Spoiler

aUMVk0N.png

T4: Sophia drops the Sword Flier with Dragon Fang. Faye 2HKOs the Lance Flier. Azura and Tana do nothing.

Spoiler

FecJ92y.jpg

On the EP: The Axe Flier recharges Sophia's Dragon Fang with his Brave Axe, because he's a cool guy like that. The Sword Cav suicides into Azura. The final wave of reinforcements spawns.

Spoiler

KpmGzXC.png

T5: Sophia and Tana team up to take out the Brave Axe Flier. Faye drops the Red Tome Cav in two hits. Azura moves above her and uses Sing so Faye can drop the (Silver) Axe Flier as well.

Spoiler

rPHXLxF.jpg

On the EP: The red mage smacks Azura for a whole 2 damage. Other enemies advance.

Spoiler

gPV8kKB.jpg

T6: Tana moves to the space above Azura and attacks the red mage. Faye Guidance-warps to Tana's left to finish the job. Azura takes the red mage's old spot to get away from the Axe Cav. Sophia sits there, not even caring.

Spoiler

7nJTMCX.jpg

On the EP: Brave Axes just love charging Sophia's Dragon Fang.

T7: Sophia drops Dragon Fang on the Axe Cav.

Spoiler

d6yVphL.jpg

The remainder of the battle was basically playing ring-around-the-cliff-tile with Sophia wearing down the Sword Knight.

Edited by LordFrigid

7 hours ago, ruruo said:

Xander's pretty solid. If he doesn't work out with the comp, I think you could also consider a green unit if you have one, since there's quite a few blue lances on the map too. 

Xander came to mind since he'd at least be neutral to the sword cavaliers and fliers and would have WTA against the axe cavalier and fliers while also having very high defense to tank them. According to gamepedia, there are only 3 lance units who show up: Valter and the lance cavalier who start out on the map and a lance flier who shows up on turn 2. Gordin or if I had them, Klein or bride Cordelia, summer Gaius, Innes, Jeorge, Leon, and Takumi with Brave Bows would be able to deal with them and the lance cavalier can be 2RKO'd by Linde. So, I'm not really worried about the lance units.

My main concern is the axe cavalier who shows up on turn 5 and would wipe out Gordin, Linde, and probably Olivia if I accidentally charged his Luna. Considering the axe cavalier also has Axebreaker, bringing in an axe unit might not be ideal unless they have a Brave Axe and can ORKO him or else he'll destroy them. With 57 HP and 31 defense, I'd need someone who can have 60 total attack which if you subtract Brave Axe+'s 8 MT and Death Blow 3 adding +6 attack, then that axe unit would need 46 base attack which only a +Atk 5* +10 merged Cherche with an Attack +1 seal can reach. If the axe unit does get a +4 buff attack, then they would need 42 base attack which is once again, only doable with a +Atk 5* Cherche with an Attack +1 seal. I don't have Hinoka or anyone with Hone Fliers, so +6 attack buff is out of the question and if you're wondering, my only Cherche is -Atk. An axe unit with a non-Brave Axe and Axebreaker could work, but they would need to have 30 base speed so they can cancel the axe cavalier's Axebreaker and double the axe cavalier.

That leaves green mages and Fae. It would probably have to be a very high defense mage like Boey, Merric, and F!Robin or someone who could nuke him which might be difficult considering he has 36 resistance. The other issue is that whatever green I bring would kind of only be useful for the 3 lance units and kind of the 3 axe fliers and 1 axe cavalier which might not work with Boey or F!Robin since their base attack isn't that high and the except for Valter, all of the lance and axe units have high resistance with the fliers having +34 speed. I don't think 5* Merric would be that useful even if Excalibur gives him effectiveness against the fliers since Merric's attack is low and his speed, like almost every unit, isn't enough. My +Spd, -Def 4* Nino would probably be my best bet, but it might be difficult to work around the Ploy skills and she'd be a magnet to everyone with her defense bane. That and it would mean I'd have 3 ranged units all of whom are squishy since Gordin has low speed and is -Def and Linde and Nino aren't exactly the bulkiest of mages. There would be no one to tank a physical unit if necessary other than Olivia who probably can't take a hit against the sword units.

I am definitely not a fan of Infernal Valter's map. The other Infernal maps being doable with free units is fine even if you have to 5* one or two of them which for launch to early players, would be fine since there were a lot of chances to get a ton of feathers. The only free units strategy I've seen requires that you sacrifice Donnel, Hana or Zephiel, Subaki, and Virion or Barst or Camus depending on if you chose to inherit Astra for Clarisse or not. Sure, we've gotten at most, 3 copies of those units, still, it might not be worth it for some players to sacrifice several units for a couple of units who they might not use which is a hard argument for Camus or if you're like me and get annoyed at unused skills and wished you could get rid of them, then you don't want to inherit those skills since you can't get rid of them like I don't want Camus to have Reciprocal Aid. Quick Riposte sure, but I don't see myself using Reciprocal Aid on him. Point is: all that for 2k feathers and another 4* Valter? Roughly 40k feathers assuming you have most of the free units at 4*, -4 units, and potentially skills you'll never use on Camus, Clarisse, and/or Wrys again, but probably would want on someone else like that L&D would be lovely on any summonable archer around Takumi's level.

With most of the units being fliers with very high speed and high resistance, it's kind of a problem to deal with them if you don't have a Brave Bow archer and even if you do like me, getting unlucky and having -Def Gordin means stuff can go wrong which in this case, means the archer will ORKO him and the sword knight targets him. The fact I even have a Gordin is a miracle considering my crappy luck with archers. The group of archers considered the best or are still good? Yeah, I only have a -Spd Jeorge. I recently summoned a +Atk, -HP Rebecca, but that's basically Clarisse with 1 more attack, but abysmal HP. Don't get me started on dumping orbs for bride Cordelia and I definitely wanted her because her art is just beautiful. I'm at a point where this GHB enrages me so much that I'd want to summon again on the Sacred Worlds banner to try and get Innes, but I definitely know that luck is not in favor of me. At best, I'd get Elise and have to cry laugh in disbelief. Anyway, I digress.

Edited by Kaden

Okay...just managed to clear Lunatic with Donnel, Olivia, B!Cordelia and Ninian. B!Cordelia did most of the work by warping around the map and shooting things with Brave Bow(not enough SP for Brave Bow+) Both dancers did llenty of warping around too. I'll probably try Infernal tomorrow after I study some of the F2P strats people have done and see if I have the right units and skills to pull it off. 

Thank you Cain for making this possible. Your sacrifice did not go in vain. 

Edited by Lord-Zero