Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So far, the Askr unit they've picked for each set of re-run quests (sans the Robin/Navarre doubleheader) has always been the one with the WTA over that particular GHB unit. It was Alfonse for Narcian, Michalis and Legion while Sharena was picked for Zephiel and Lloyd and lastly Anna for Ursula. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that Anna will be used for the quests that accompany Valter's eventual re-run.

Though this does beg the question of who'll get picked to be involved in the quests for Clarisse's re-run.

Huh, my mistake then.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kaden Is the green cav is the one with the brave axe? If he's the unit I think he is, I know that 4* neutral Olivia can tank him with 2 hp left (I used her to shield my 4* Klein for a turn XD). Yeah, if he's the one giving you issues then take Xander would be a good call. The set up you have with xander reminds me of this video by phoenixmaster1, where the only difference is Klein and Delthea instead of Gordin and Linde. I think the results should be quite similar.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Watch it be Virion.

That would be perfectly plausible since he's also a free unit that everyone is guaranteed to have gotten at least once. I suppose that would also mean that Raigh and Matthew could be potential choices as well.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

So far, the Askr unit they've picked for each set of re-run quests (sans the Robin/Navarre doubleheader) has always been the one with the WTA over that particular GHB unit. It was Alfonse for Narcian, Michalis and Legion while Sharena was picked for Zephiel and Lloyd and lastly Anna for Ursula. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that Anna will be used for the quests that accompany Valter's eventual re-run.

Though this does beg the question of who'll get picked to be involved in the quests for Clarisse's re-run.

Datamine info in spoilers:

Spoiler

Narcian is getting another rerun and it's going to be Anna vs. Narcian, which ends the trend of Askr Trio member with WTA over GHB boss.

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Datamine info in spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Narcian is getting another rerun and it's going to be Anna vs. Narcian, which ends the trend of Askr Trio member with WTA over GHB boss.

Spoiler

I already knew that Narcian is coming back again though I didn't look closely at the datamined quests until just now and yeah, guess that trend is coming to an end. I suppose they didn't want Alfonse to be involved with Narcian's quests again or something.

It's possible that the first rerun of a given map has the Askr unit with WTA, then the second has the neutral one. Although if there's ever a third Narcian rerun, "defeat Narcian with Sharena" would be pretty painful.

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's possible that the first rerun of a given map has the Askr unit with WTA, then the second has the neutral one. Although if there's ever a third Narcian rerun, "defeat Narcian with Sharena" would be pretty painful.

Spoiler

It would totally come complete with a Cancel Affinity banner that we'd be expected to inherit onto Sharena. :P:

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That would be perfectly plausible since he's also a free unit that everyone is guaranteed to have gotten at least once. I suppose that would also mean that Raigh and Matthew could be potential choices as well.

I don't have Virion anymore... I need him, too...

Gah! This map is just annoying the life out of me. I've tried following every video out there and none of them seem to work for me. I have all the right units - three dancers, 5* Reinhardt (not -Atk but not +Atk either currently),Xander at 5*, 5* Klein (again, not + or - Atk) but I still get overwhelmed. I don't understand it. I always get right to the end and then just can't frickin' make it. 

I'm so frustrated right now -.- 

Edit: And after I complained, I found one last video from earlier in this thread and was able to use it until right near the end... and then just go that little bit further to finish Valter off! 

It's only taken about 10k feathers of skill inheritance, plus god knows how many shards and 4* heroes, trying all these different techniques, but it's done! And, if I ever need those skills in the future, my characters will have them. Now to celebrate xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

For you Berkut lovers out there, someone did Infernal Valter with 5* Berkut -- he is +1 merge, but I don't think that should impact anything --, 5* Clarisse, 4* +Res, -Atk Olivia -- don't think her boon or bane would matter --, and 4* Ursula. Berkut is outfitted with Brave Lance+, Galeforce, Death Blow 3, and Drag Back; Clarisse has Brave Bow -- I guess you could give her Brave Bow+ --, and Olivia and Ursula are their default selves. Also, chipmunk Clarisse, Olivia, and Ursula are pretty cute. :p

Video link to Berkut, Clarisse, Olivia, and Ursula strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5il1_A2BVk.

And there's this strategy with 5* Camus, +Spd, -HP 4* Klein, neutral 4* Olivia with Ruby Sword, and 5* Xander: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqsQ3C1TFM.

Ugh...stupid lance cav keeps screwing up the positioning. I don't know what I'm doing so wrong. It most likely has to do with either stats or skills but I'm stumped in that department. 

Team is 5* Xander, 5* Reinhardt, 5* Ninian and 5* B!Cordelia 

This is for Infernal version. I'll try switching Reinhardt for Donnel. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

13 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Ugh...stupid lance cav keeps screwing up the positioning. I don't know what I'm doing so wrong. It most likely has to do with either stats or skills but I'm stumped in that department.

Perhaps it's because the lance cavalier doesn't find anyone weak to him? Other than Xander who has WTD against him, but is still fast enough to avoid getting doubled and has high defense, all the other units you're using are neutral to him and are definitely a threat, especially if Reinhardt has Lancebreaker and bride Cordelia who can still double him to death even if she were -Spd and had Brave Bow+ and L&D3 -- she'd probably destroy him without needing to double. Reinhardt would get doubled by the lance cavalier and bride Cordelia could disintegrate in one hit, but they're still really dangerous to him.

Maybe try swapping Ninian for Olivia? That way, there would be a fast, but squishy red unit the lance cavalier would like to stab.

Edited by Kaden

43 minutes ago, Kaden said:

For you Berkut lovers out there,

Oh?

Berkut is outfitted with Brave Lance+, Galeforce, Death Blow 3,

oh...

I can almost replicate the strategy in the second OP for Infernal, but I would need to teach my Xander Goad Cav. And the only source of that I have is my other, 3 star Camus. And I'm cautious about dumping him because that GHB might not ever come back.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

B!Cordelia has DB2. Not enough SP for DB3. Oh yes, Reinhardt has Lancebreaker. I'll try swapping Ninian for Olivia and see how that works

Why was I summoned? I think you meant to invoke someone else, but pulled the wrong name.

That'll be ten orbs for the mis-summon. Or if you can't pay that, sacrifice in my name ten Sorens and burn some beef brisket on an altar. Also give me your Valter so I can evolve my Clefairy.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why was I summoned? I think you meant to invoke someone else, but pulled the wrong name.

That'll be ten orbs for the mis-summon. Or if you can't pay that, sacrifice in my name ten Sorens and burn some beef brisket on an altar. Also give me your Valter so I can evolve my Clefairy.

Oh crap. My bad. 

@Kaden The lance cav moved to the proper spot but then I found out that my Reinhardt can't kill the sword cav that appears later thus screwing things up. Ugh...I'll try giving him Moonbow or Luna and see if that works. 

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh?

oh...

Yeah, I know. When I saw the thumbnail I got curious since I've been using 4* Berkut a lot for the TT -- bonus stats cheese! -- and he accumulated a ton of SP and I have 85k feathers, so I figured why not. Brave Lance+, Death Blow 3, and Drag Back were expected, but not Galeforce and there's 5* Clarisse with a Brave Bow which is fine. It would cost me 60k feathers to do this. 5* Berkut, 5* Clarisse, and a 5* Cordelia for Galeforce and Brave Lance+, Virion for Night Sky and Astra because they're the prerequisite for Galeforce, my first 5* I summoned on this file, Hawkeye, for Death Blow 3 or an additional 20k feathers to 5* a Hawkeye or an Ursula for Death Blow 3, and a Gordin for Brave Bow. Yeah, totally not worth it complete one stupid infernal map. I'd be at a deficit of 58k feathers and Berkut would have like 4 skills I wouldn't really want on him.

My only option other than trying the Desperation Linde idea is probably yorotsruuu yorotsruuu's second strategy of using 5* Clarisse with L&D1 and 5* Ursula. At this point, I should have made Ursula a 5* unit a long time ago and I wouldn't mind Clarisse having L&D1 or L&D3 for that matter unlike the previous strategy where I'd have to give Camus Reciprocal Aid and I just don't want it there to exist -- Quick Riposte would be fine, though.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I can almost replicate the strategy in the second OP for Infernal, but I would need to teach my Xander Goad Cav. And the only source of that I have is my other, 3 star Camus. And I'm cautious about dumping him because that GHB might not ever come back.

Why do you need Xander to get Goad Cavalry? The uploader had Camus, Klein, and Xander with their default skills. Only Olivia inherited anything and that was a Ruby Sword to tank the axe cavalier and axe flier. Unless you're not talking about that strategy...

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Kaden The lance cav moved to the proper spot but then I found out that my Reinhardt can't kill the sword cav that appears later thus screwing things up. Ugh...I'll try giving him Moonbow or Luna and see if that works. 

Yeah, the cavaliers in GHBs have high resistance. Combine that with more high resistance units such as the mages and fliers and it's a problem. So, people would figure, "Okay, let's use units who have high physical damage." Enter the archer and sword knight who have high defense and the axe cavalier who shows up in turn 5 with 31 defense and 36 resistance. Valter's high defense was a given, but yeah.

I don't know what boon/bane your Reinhardt has, but let's assume neutral and he has Death Blow 3. So, the sword cavalier that appears on turn 4 has 57 HP, 53 Atk, 27 Spd, 28 Def, and 33 Res and is equipped with a Silver Sword+, Blazing Wind, Wind Boost 3, Bowbreaker 3, and Panic Ploy 3. Without any buffs, a neutral Reinhardt would leave him with 11 HP. If Moonbow activates, the sword cavalier lives with 2 HP. Luna or DA for that matter, would leave him dead.

If Reinhardt is +Atk, then without a special, the sword cavalier lives with 3 HP. With Moonbow, Luna, etc., the sword cavalier will die.

The one thing to do is not get in his line range of Panic Ploy since if anyone is running attack buffs that isn't a Spur or Goad Cavalry, then Reinhardt's attack gets gimped hard against the sword cavalier. Also, Reinhardt can tank the sword cavalier unless he's -Def without defense buffs or a HP +3 seal. -HP Reinhardt can live, but he'll have 2 HP for the rest of the map.

If you can get bride Cordelia, Xander, Ninan, or anyone to finish the sword cavalier off, it should be fine, but I'm not how that would effect the other enemies who might be left alive.

Edited by Kaden

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Why do you need Xander to get Goad Cavalry? The uploader had Camus, Klein, and Xander with their default skills. Only Olivia inherited anything and that was a Ruby Sword to tank the axe cavalier and axe flier. Unless you're not talking about that strategy...

Goad Cavalry on Xander sounds like my strategy.

On the topic of other GHBs, I stumbled across this page.  https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Grand_Hero_Battle_Maps

Does anyone remember if the focus we had for certain GHBs repeated when the GHB repeated?  Like when Lloyd came out a second time did Ninian, Hinoka, Klein, and Raven come out again?  I don't think so b/c I remember only seeing Hinoka once, but wanted to make sure.

20 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Does anyone remember if the focus we had for certain GHBs repeated when the GHB repeated?  Like when Lloyd came out a second time did Ninian, Hinoka, Klein, and Raven come out again?  I don't think so b/c I remember only seeing Hinoka once, but wanted to make sure.

They don't.

@Kaden It took some clever positioning and Swap between Xander and Reinhardt to actually work. Sword cav wouldn't die so Reinhardt had to be danced and...Olivia had to take a hit from the sword knight. Anyway, I managed to actually beat Infernal. I don't want to imagine the craziness they could pull off for the eventual Dark Emperor Hardin GHB now that Armor March and Guidance are a thing. Before I forget, my Reinhardt is +spd -def. I pulled some other 4* Reinhardts before so I'll see which one has the better IVs, 5* him and then merge my original Reinhardt into him. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Oof. Beat Infernal by copying the Gordin/Donnel/Ursula/Olivia no SI model with some large amount of tweaking. 

I had to make up for my Gordin having an attack bane when the guide has one with an attack boon. 

I found this, sorry if someone posted it before

Look at that Oboro, how I wish mine was so good like this one! But not ever 1 Hector has come to me, I can't duplicate this with my Oboro (and I don't have the other 3 characters either, but hey! I would love to have an Oboro with all that inheritance!)